Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible Meet?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
To stop the Mini Meet threads being spammed to death I'm starting this topic.

Anyone up for a Nottingham meet? Although Nottingham is just a suggestion, if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to bat them around.

If so when? I was thinking Jan/Feb. Date I suggested was last Sat of January because moop will be in Nottingham that weekend anyway but I know it's not going to be good for some of you so, again, any suggestions appreciated.

I can _possibly_ offer floor space in Notts but that would have to be sorted nearer the time.

So... who's up for the Pit?
Wyvern
Bring it on!

The Pit sounds perfect I may have a bit of floor if its needed!

Do people really want to come to Nottingham? Wow!
froggle-rock
I'm up for another meet. Nottingham is good for me, January would be my preferance.

I'll cheak for more details later...
Forever Unknown
I'm always up for a meet, and late Jan/early Feb is good for me. It'll nearly be mine (and Mata's, in fact) birfdees so I'll use that excuse to make people buy me drinks.

(I jest, of course...)
mooooooooooopo
Yay! I'm also up for it, the January date is indeed preferable. Floor would be handy.
saucy_tara
It's my birthday January 2nd so I would love to come to the meet and celebrate proper!! What b&b's are good snoo?
Jonman
There's a possibility that me and missus might be up for a Nottingham meet. We might be able to offer some floor space back in Leicester as well (train ride + taxi to get back there at the end of the night).

Mind you, I'm on holiday for half of January, and we'll likely be extremely skint after Chrimble, so maybe not....
Cath Sparrow
You expect an end to the night Jon??? blink.gif

Nottinghams Damn good for me!!! *starts poking Wyvern* Floor for me!!!! huh.gif
Wyvern
Eep!
Interested person's, certainly I have spare floor space Cath but will also look into B&B's for those prefering cosy beds to floorboards sadly there are limits to the capacity of my living room.

Late January sounds good to me, should be interesting!

Oh and Cath dear, Quit poking or the matchbox gets opened!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'll also have a look into B&B's, I have 2 spare beds and enough living room floor for at least 4 people (more if you don't mind being piled up) and a garden with room for a tent if anyone is up for that tongue.gif
FurryMammal
I'm up for it biggrin.gif Might have to steal someone's floor to curl up on though
saucy_tara
Aww thanks Snoo smile.gif Have to sort out a babysiter and stuff so will confirm nearer the time. Wot's the pit?? Is it a club?? Will they mind a short girl with silly hair and piercings and clad in pvc???
Cath Sparrow
The Pit's, the Pit and Pendulum it's a Pub part of this chain
http://www.eeriepubco.co.uk/events.php?type=all&pub_id=4

So I really dont think they'll have a problem! biggrin.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
yeah the pit should be used to lots of strange hair and pvc!

Furry, you may be floored by me tongue.gif
kisah
I wanna gooooooooo

I don't mind if we're skint, everybody is skint. Can't just stay in pining for !

Admittedly our place in leicester is about 45 minutes away from Nottingham HOWEVER... it's huge and can accomodate a lot of matazone love... I think it would be an ideal place to hold the first ever hung-over with Mata Breakfast...

Not that I can make that executive decision... but you know, a little peer pressure wouldn't hurt.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'm up for it and I think Kisah's place sounds like the best place to have that Matazone orgy I was promised...
Faerieryn
I can come as long as its not the last weekend in january. I'm away with the school. PLease haeve it some other time. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Suggest another date.

Last weekend of Jan is as far as my imagination can stretch!
Faerieryn
first weekend of febrauary? I should be free and not too skint
El Nino
I expect I've pissed off too many people, to go to any of these meets. If I'm wrong PM me. Otherwise don't.
froggle-rock
Mebe you could add a poll to see when the majority would prefer?

I'm not fussed when, but obviously the sooner a date is set, the better I can arrange stuff in my diary.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I don't know if it's possible to add a poll once a thread has been started? Probably an admin. person would have to do it if they possibly could?
saucy_tara
Don't think I can add a poll, sorry hun unsure.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Heheheh

Are we polling to see how many people Because I Can has pissed off or a date for the meet? biggrin.gif
mooooooooooopo
We could do both, but most likely a poll to choose a date for the meet.

I'm going down to nottingham for a gig on the 26th, and staying at snoo's in the week. So the 29th is peachy, any other date and I have to get even more time off work and it'd be another 50 quid train ticket sad.gif.

[edit]
I can probably cope with the weekend before the 29th (one extra day off work, no extra journeys) - if thats okay with everyone else it'd solve most of the problem, otherwise it'll descend into arguments sad.gif.
[/edit]
Daedalus
QUOTE (moop @ Nov 10 2004, 09:28 PM)
I can probably cope with the weekend before the 29th (one extra day off work, no extra journeys) - if thats okay with everyone else it'd solve most of the problem, otherwise it'll descend into arguments sad.gif.

Sounds good to me. Best birthday I'm going to get in a while biggrin.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'd also like that weekend, then I get to see Dan on his birthday smile.gif

Anyone else? Yay or Nay? It's the 22nd of Jan date-wise
Forever Unknown
I'm a possible yay, but I've just realised I won't know for certain until after Christmas, simply because it drains my bank dry and I won't be paid until the end of the month. Bah.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'm a possible yay, but I've just realised I won't know for certain until after Christmas, simply because it drains my bank dry and I won't be paid until the end of the month. Bah.

You must!!! We're a tag team, dammit!!!

She will come, if I ask her, she will come. Can be worked around, sweetie. cool.gif
Queenie
I'd love to come!! Going to have to work around my school placement which will be for 6weeks... amybe 7 not sure. But i think half term might be sometime round then so if it is, i am definatley game!!

Snoo would i be able to have a piece of your floor please? Or maybe even a bed as you have two?! Or anyone's floor?! I promise to give it back!! laugh.gif
Mata
22nd Jan works for me. I'm assuming that I will be sleeping at Jon&Kisah's place, so I've even got accomodation sorted. I'd never reaslised that Nottingham was so far north!
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 11 2004, 01:07 PM)
22nd Jan works for me. I'm assuming that I will be sleeping at Jon&Kisah's place, so I've even got accomodation sorted. I'd never reaslised that Nottingham was so far north!

Mhmm, only four hours on the train from Edinburgh, same amount of time it would have taken me to get the Manchester meet but with the benefit of stealing snoo's floor biggrin.gif.

If I book now I can get the tickets for a tenner each way too. laugh.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Queenie, of course you can! Bed/Floor privaledges will be finalised on the day!

I always thought Nottingham was further north than it actually is (I still do actually blink.gif )
froggle-rock
January the 22-23 is good for me. What's the name of the station I'll need to book tickets to please?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Just Nottingham will do just fine!
Cath Sparrow
22nd Fine by me think I might just be able to scrape the cash together. tongue.gif
Wyvern
That date sounds fine to me I'll book it off once its set in stone or as near as!

So me, plus Cath, I think I can accomodate another three maybe four in the living room, be warned parents will probably be home and I have two dogs (but they are only small) you'll just need sleeping bags! biggrin.gif

Will need to know a little in advance to remind family but they have been warned already and I will book the time off!

Sounds like it could be fun!

By the way we are not North this is the Midlands...in the middle ish! tongue.gif
saucy_tara
Yep that date sounds kewl, will try and have a look at b&b's later too smile.gif Which area of Nottingham will we be mainly in for the meet?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I immagine we'll be sticking to the city centre.
saucy_tara
All sounds schway biggrin.gif Anyone up for clubbing afterwards?? Whats Rock City like? Heard lots about it.
Can't wait!! *bounce bounce* wink.gif wink.gif laugh.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Rock City is good only not really clubby... it's good if they have an all nighter or other clubby thing but otherwise it just shuts up after the bands have finished... would be good though.

*jibbers*
froggle-rock
How much is Rock city to get into? I'm trying to work out how much I'll need.

Also, is the 22nd - 23rd confirmed for absolute definate now? wink.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
ummm... not sure really, it depends... I think the all nighter I went to was 6 but that was in advance...
Smiler
How'd I miss this so far??? I WANNA COME!!!!!!! Count me in for the Notts meet! Whenever around that Jan/Feb time is cool I've just got to know by Jan 10th ish at the latest.

Please oh lovely adoptive Wyvy can I have a floorboard or two to drop some zz's on? I promise to never call you Wyvy again!!!!!!!! plllllllllllleeeeaaasse?
Actually maybe a few more cos FaeryRyn'll probably want a quater of one as well but its cool she's small so doesnt take up much room. I'm equally open to sleeping in baths, sheds, shower units and armchairs. Alternatively, just being propped up in a caorner hasworked in the past.

Bring it on Notts!!!!!!
Jonman
*ears perk up*

Orgy? Did someone say orgy?
Smiler
I'd heard that but thought I'd keep my hopes down until closer to the time wink.gif And with your green penis trick... we should have a great night!
Jonman
QUOTE (Smiler @ Nov 16 2004, 03:34 PM)
I'd heard that but thought I'd keep my hopes down until closer to the time wink.gif And with your green penis trick... we should have a great night!

I got some cream for that - it's cleared up nicely.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Jonman @ Nov 16 2004, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (Smiler @ Nov 16 2004, 03:34 PM)

I got some cream for that - it's cleared up nicely.

sad.gif *is disapointed*

I was rather looking forward to seeing it in real life.
Smiler
But it was all wavvy and green! Impressively sized I'll grant, although there may have been some swelling, all in all I'm sure a bit of fresh air in a second round would be good for it. Isn't that what the docs always say? Or would that technically be illegal in Notts-
Hey, maybe we should liberate the people of Notts and set up the Gothic RW Republic of Matazone? We could use Mr Snafleburger as a puppet Presi...leader with LGG as defence minister??? Am I loosing everyone now??? Ok, I'll leave it there then.

We could start small, maybe a living a living room, the train platform...........

Anyone got a handy flame thrower or shotgun? Please use it now...
Faerieryn
Against my better judgement I like this idea. Could we call it the People's Popular front of Matazone? Or The People's front? Or The popular front? Or the Matazone's people front...? You get the idea!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.