Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible Meet?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Smiler
Hmmmmmmmmmm good for me either way so long as I know sharpish so I book the Saturday off work- dont know about FaerieRyn though, I think shes on hols after the 22nd but I'm sure she'll correct me.
Glad I checked out here before booking the tickets though, I was gonna get them today for cheapy discounts.

I'm easy wink.gif
Smiler
No No No!!!!!!!!! Ryn can't make it after the 22nd! That would like, double the train fare sad.gif

I'm still easy but I recon Ryn'd be voting for the 22nd
mooooooooooopo
Similarly for me, double the train fare before the 22nd, weekend after is okay but other people said they can't make that one, later than that is again double the trainfare. Also two six hour train journeys within a few days/weeks of each other is enough!
Faerieryn
I can make any wekeend after the 29th but I'm on a course that weekend for work. Sorry!!! The 22nd is fine but I will be cool as long as its not the 29th
FurryMammal
I can't work out which weekends im doing what so im going to see when everyone agrees then I'll work out if I can come.

I think I'm still pretty good for the 22nd though biggrin.gif
froggle-rock
Either the 22nd or the 29th are good for me, I'd really like it to be a weekend when the most people can come. Erm yeah. *crosses fingers*
Mata
Right, executive decision time. Sorry Pixie, it looks like the majority sway goes for the 22nd. I'd love for you to be there, but that's democracy for you!*

It's staying the 22nd, in Nottingham.

Do we have any plans of where we're going to meet yet? The usual arrangement has been for a local person to find us somewhere to eat for lunch, then we wander in smaller of larger groups around the city for a bit before then heading off to a pub, occasionally peeling off to find a chip shop then returning.

I've just checked, and without having to leave at silly o'clock in the morning, the best I can do is arriving at the train station at around 2pm, so a restaurant close to the station would be good otherwise I shall get very hungry and begin eating local citizens and assorted items of shrubbery that I can scavenge from the land.

*are you impressed that I haven't taken a jab at the presidential election there?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
What kind of food do you think you'll want?

There are one or two places near the station but they are small sandwich places. I'll have a think and a look around see what other options there are, I can't think of that many places that do "proper" food near the station, other than the department stores but they tend to be pricey (and not all that nice).
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 29 2004, 01:25 AM)
Sorry Pixie, it looks like the majority sway goes for the 22nd. I'd love for you to be there, but that's democracy for you!*

Fine well don't complain that I never come to the meets! tongue.gif
Mata
We'll get you out to whatever we do during the summer. You can have first dibs on what date we do the next one if you like!

Snoo, generally we've gone to Italian places, because they tend to have a range of food that lets everyone be happy with something. A preference is for a nice little independent one (it's nice to support small businesses), but Pizza Hut also does the job perfectly well if there's nothing like that around.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I've been looking for a nice Italian place in Notts for ages, now I have an excuse to actively hunt one out... and an excuse to do something on Thursday that doesn't involve sleeping biggrin.gif
Wyvern
QUOTE (snoo @ Nov 29 2004, 11:04 AM)
What kind of food do you think you'll want?

There are one or two places near the station but they are small sandwich places. I'll have a think and a look around see what other options there are, I can't think of that many places that do "proper" food near the station, other than the department stores but they tend to be pricey (and not all that nice).

Aargh avoid all department stores!!!

Nottingham isnt really short on little cosy food places it just depends on your preferences really.
There is a little Italian sort of place erm..can't remember where exactly will track it down and report back!
If all else fails there are plenty of pubs serving food in the city centre and its good stuff to so there are many options if needed!
Smiler
Yay!! Pub Grub!!! biggrin.gif
Dear Bob! I'm such a commoner! wink.gif huh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
just a thought, but is anyone gonna get anything peirced at this meet? tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I'm quite happy to donate a body part for piercing.

All in the name of keeping with tradition, mind you. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Wyvern
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Nov 30 2004, 05:17 PM)

All in the name of keeping with tradition, mind you.    wink.gif  biggrin.gif

Ooo! A tradition!

Does that mean that people will support me while I get my navel done? or at least laugh at me if I pass out? Either is fine Im just too soft to go alone tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
Watch it or you'll end up with picture of you haveing it done on the forum! Not that it's been done before *nudges Sps*
froggle-rock

Oh!

QUOTE (Wyvern @ Nov 30 2004, 06:17 PM)

Ooo! A tradition!

Does that mean that people will support me while I get my navel done? or at least laugh at me if I pass out? Either is fine Im just too soft to go alone tongue.gif

I'm sure quite a few of us coming along have at least quite a few piercings under out belts (literally and figuratively). You've my support.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Does that mean that people will support me while I get my navel done? or at least laugh at me if I pass out? Either is fine Im just too soft to go alone

I will hold your hand! As long as you hold mine if I go ahead with you know what.

Navel is easy BTW. biggrin.gif
WeeJ
I'm pleased to say Mat and I will be poking out heads in on the days preceedings at some point being as it's only up the road wink.gif
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Nov 30 2004, 09:14 PM)
Does that mean that people will support me while I get my navel done? or at least laugh at me if I pass out? Either is fine Im just too soft to go alone

I will hold your hand! As long as you hold mine if I go ahead with you know what.

Navel is easy BTW. biggrin.gif

I'll hold any part of you, you want Snuggs! *wink*

What's this 'if' about. Not that I shall ever pressure anyone into having a piercing if they don't want to. But, it is the best one I ever had done.
Jonman

Do we get to nominate the body part?

Elbow!

Shoulder!

Legpit!

Go on - dare to be different....
kisah
Can I bring the weasles to the pub?

Look!

They will be ever so lonely without us and even though I know what the answer is, any place is a good place to show off my babies...
Jonman
QUOTE (kisah @ Dec 1 2004, 12:13 PM)

Look!

They will be ever so lonely without us and even though I know what the answer is, any place is a good place to show off my babies...

And you always complaining about having the weasels in a smoky atmosphere. And now you want to take them to a pub? Tsk.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 29 2004, 06:21 PM)
We'll get you out to whatever we do during the summer. You can have first dibs on what date we do the next one if you like!

Righty ho as long as it's in Sheffield tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

There is a nice pub in the central area called the Goose (I think). They do good pub grub biggrin.gif Shame I won't be there to sample it but I'm sure it's the sort of thing you're looking for.

Do ya' think you'll be doing anything on the Sunday?!?!
Faerieryn
aw Jon thay are soo cute!! I would bring my rats but they're a bit funny about travelling
Mata
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 1 2004, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 29 2004, 06:21 PM)

Righty ho as long as it's in Sheffield tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Do ya' think you'll be doing anything on the Sunday?!?!

Judging from experience, the further north we go the harder it becomes for many to get there. I know that we're spread all over the place, but the middle-of-the-country ones seem to be more popular. Plus, with the rail tickets being still messed up who knows how much things might cost?

I'm not likely to be around on Sunday, having stayed the night in Leicester, but it sounds like there are some people about.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 2 2004, 12:33 AM)
Judging from experience, the further north we go the harder it becomes for many to get there. I know that we're spread all over the place, but the middle-of-the-country ones seem to be more popular. Plus, with the rail tickets being still messed up who knows how much things might cost?

I'm not likely to be around on Sunday, having stayed the night in Leicester, but it sounds like there are some people about.

Well I think letting me choose Sheffield is the least you can do *sulks*

tongue.gif

I was thinking about driving back via Nottingham (we are in Brum that weekend seeing a friend) on the Sunday but we'll have another friend with us who would probably not be at all interested in coming along so perhaps we'd better leave it. Also I have no idea how late I'll be out on Saturday (or how drunk I'll be!) so possibly won't be up early on the Sunday anyway laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (kisah @ Dec 1 2004, 01:13 PM)

Look!

Oooo! Bring Weasles! PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!! There to cute!!! Dont know what the pub would say but I want to meet the weasles!!! biggrin.gif
Wyvern
Well I have no idea if they would allow Weasles, but how could anyone refuse such beautiful little characters! biggrin.gif

As to someone mentioning The Goose I think it was Pixiegoth (too idle to go back and check* they do good food, there is also a wetherspoons, several more traditional pubs and alsorts of other goodies all within easy distance of the market square.

Snuggs of course I'll hold your hand if Im still conscious!!! tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
I thought I bump this up to get peoples attenion! tongue.gif As I ask in the pinned thread if you have even the vagest idea when your going to arrive in Nott's can you start posting it so we have some idea when we need to meet people!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Cheers Cath!

Like I've said before I'm happy to meet anyone who wants to be met at the station when they arrive, just let me know and I'll PM you my mobile number so you can text me when you're nearly here. Saves anyone hanging around at the station for ages or getting lost.

Also, as I mentioned in the pinned thread I would like to know for definate who is coming by next Wednesday so I can sort out the space for everyone smile.gif
froggle-rock
sad.gif I serverly doubt I will be able to make this meet.

I hope you all have fun, and down a pint for me.
Faerieryn
Aw don't worry froggy we'll be thinking of you. You gonna try coming to the march London meet?
Forever Unknown
If Froggie doesn't come to the London March meet, I shall poke her with sticks.
froggle-rock
I'm gonna do ma absolute best to make it to the London Meet, seeing as I live in this lill old smoggy place tongue.gif, and at the least it'll cost a fiver, so wink.gif

/stops posting about London in the Notts' thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.