Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible Meet?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Smiler
Thats the spirit COOOOOME OOOOOONNNNN!!!!

ok I'll be quite again now
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Would someone be kind enough to donate floor space to me?

I'm fully house trained, have a lovely temprament and purr on request. I also make a cracking cup of tea in the morning. biggrin.gif
Forever Unknown
Would someone be kind enough to donate floor space to me?

I'm fully house trained, have a lovely temprament and purr on request. I also make a cracking cup of tea in the morning.

I could do with crash space with Snugs, too (if I can get there).

I don't do any of those things, though...
kisah
What the hell happened to my hangover matazone breakfast/orgy?

Most anyone (especially snugglebum) is invited but don't feel pressured because we're old and boring and live at least 30 minutes from Nottingham city center and will probably not stay out until 3am if that's even possible in Notts...
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Ohhh - everyone should definately end up and Kisahs at some point!!

I met them and they're not really old and boring and could possibly be convinced to stay out late!!! Yes, they can! biggrin.gif
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Nov 17 2004, 02:21 PM)
Ohhh  - everyone should definately end up and Kisahs at some point!!

I met them and they're not really old and boring and could possibly be convinced to stay out late!!!  Yes, they can!  biggrin.gif

Unlike me, even with some drunken floozy telling me she's got her boobs out wink.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I think my floor is full... 7 or 8 people is still possibly too many but meh... we'll be alright!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Unlike me, even with some drunken floozy telling me she's got her boobs out

Got you out of bed didn't it! tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
I'll bear witness to that! tongue.gif
Wyvern
Lets see my floor tally appears to be Cath, Smiler, Faerieryn and oh yes me tongue.gif
If people don't mind being a little cosy can probably manage two more. It is a snug fit but its been done before! tongue.gif

Seems to be a fair bit of interest Im impressed ah my little Nottingham its about time you were properly educated in LGG and Matazone, will you ever be the same? Hopefully not!

Rock City is good can depend on the evenings music selection but Im sure there will be enough of us to intimidate the DJ, nicely of course! evil.gif
JimiJimi
Rrgh! I live right next to Nottingham - Lincolnshire in fact, but dammit, late Jan early Feb's tied up... and I was really looking forward to meeting some forumites (sounds like a disease... but then again, it's not too far off).

And also, seeing as there won't be any floor/b+b's left there's no real point now...
Wyvern
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Nov 17 2004, 09:07 PM)
Rrgh! I live right next to Nottingham - Lincolnshire in fact, but dammit, late Jan early Feb's tied up... and I was really looking forward to meeting some forumites (sounds like a disease... but then again, it's not too far off).

And also, seeing as there won't be any floor/b+b's left there's no real point now...

If you can jiggle stuff I can find a free floor board Im sure!

If not just give a yell and snoo and myself can always do a small scale reinactment for you.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
So far I have Daedalus, Froggy, Furry, moop, SPS, Queenie and myself. (I think that's everyone unsure.gif )

I have 3 beds, a double sofa bed (or a sofa, leaving more floor space) and enough floor for about four or fiveish people if they don't mind being squished, more if people are ok with bedroom floor/hallways... I could fit a person on each landing if I had to so that's 3 more spaces, possibly 4 more on the bedroom floors... one on the windowsil... umm... 3 man tent in the garden ( wink.gif ) ok I'm being silly now.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Can I join your orgy, Snoo? wink.gif

(sorry Kisah)
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
yeah, I'm thinking about just shoving all the matresses in the living room and having a pile on! tongue.gif
Smiler
Ah now there's an idea- mmmm sounds cozy smile.gif . Warmer than floorboards at any rate.
All warm...close together... dammit! I'll be in a seperate house!!!!! dry.gif wink.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
muhahaha mine will be the place to be... and I'm already half way to having loft insulation so it shouldn't be _too_ cold either wink.gif
Mata
Right, my apologies to anyone who can't make it, but enough people seem to have said that 22nd January 2005 works for them to seem like this is a good date.

I think earlier in the month would be too close for many to Christmas, and much later... Well, might work but most seem happy with the 22nd. Shall we stick with that then?
froggle-rock
22 Jan in Notts = Good for Froggy. biggrin.gif
Wyvern
Fantastic! January 22nd 2005 it is then, I shall begin my preparations *scheme, scheme, scheme* evil.gif

However I would like to point out I have the finest floorboards available, anyone suggesting otherwise is more than welcome to sleep on the patio should Snoo's abode be filled to capacity. evil.gif

Smiler dearest you have been warned!
saucy_tara
Yes the 22nd is fine for me also smile.gif
Faerieryn
22nd is cool for me as log as I can be back in time for school on monday
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
22nd is a Saturday so there shouldn't be much problem with getting back for Monday morning wink.gif

It's also goodest for me biggrin.gif I'm all excited now! Only 2 months today!!
mooooooooooopo
22nd is a nifty date moopwise too biggrin.gif.
FurryMammal
SIG

Which means, for those of you who never watched Captain Scarlet, I'm (most probably) good to come smile.gif
JimiJimi
Indestructible... Captain Scarlet!

Boom boom boom badaba boom ba boom!

Nope, can't make it. Oh well, just could ya take a few pikkies, so I can see what some of my fellow forumites look like...

The Pinball Wizard can't make 22nd Jan either you know...
Cath Sparrow
We always do it's just some take forever! to post them!

22nd's fine by me.
saucy_tara
Bad news, I can't make it after all sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif The train fare is 70 and the b&b will be 40, so thats 180 for me and rik to get there and have good veggie accomodation, even before we think about beer money, food money etc....
Oh crap. I really wanted to do something special for my 30th as well..... *sobs* sad.gif sad.gif
kisah
*sniff* it's okay, I'll just have to survive Jonman and Mata all by my own girly lonesome....

UNLESS!

Mata, could you pretty please ask Sues very nicely if she would like to come to Nottingham as long as her foot feels better even though I like video games and camping and I'm not very good at being a girly sort of girl?

Thanks every some hutch!
Daedalus
I think I've said it already, but the 22nd is also damn good for me, especially since it'll be my birthday! *hint hint* laugh.gif

Just thought I'd drill that in a bit tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Bad news, I can't make it after all      The train fare is 70 and the b&b will be 40, so thats 180 for me and rik to get there and have good veggie accomodation, even before we think about beer money, food money etc....

Noooo!! You must come. Surely someone will donate you a floor? How much money do we have to save you to make it worthwhile? I'm good at crazy plans. biggrin.gif

*plan one is to hide you in a ruck sack which is an idea that SPS gave me on the way back from Ultraviolence and now I can use it for something practical*
saucy_tara
Aww yeah hide me!!! I'm only tiny!! But how will we hide my bf? He is big and growly... smile.gif Aww snugs I'm soooo gutted sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Wyvern
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Nov 23 2004, 04:14 PM)
Aww yeah hide me!!! I'm only tiny!! But how will we hide my bf? He is  big and growly... smile.gif Aww snugs I'm soooo gutted sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

Tara I reckon I can accomodate you and the BF if you'd like.

However! I would like to cheerfully warn everyone occupying my floor at this point that its going to be snug but it can be done. Have cleared situation with family and they seem more intrigued than anything else poor souls!

Note if anyong has issues with small dogs now would be the time to back away.
Also you will need stuff to sleep in I have a limited supply of sleeping bags and oh yes its a wooden floor. Have blankets to cushion it but sensative dispositions beware! Caths tried it so any queries bounce them off her Im sure she'll help me answer them...I hope! tongue.gif

So to recap Myself, Smiler, Faerierynn, Cath and if you desire my dear Tara you and the growly BF!
saucy_tara
Aww thanks Wy, if the train fare wasn't so much we would be chomping at the bit to take you up on your offer. Grr I so need to learn to drive... dry.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Aww thanks Wy, if the train fare wasn't so much we would be chomping at the bit to take you up on your offer. Grr I so need to learn to drive...

There muct be someone on this forum who's going, can drive and will take you.

There.. just... must!!!

*is determined*
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Nov 23 2004, 09:23 PM)
Aww thanks Wy, if the train fare wasn't so much we would be chomping at the bit to take you up on your offer. Grr I so need to learn to drive...

There muct be someone on this forum who's going, can drive and will take you.

There.. just... must!!!

*is determined*

...bugger sad.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
sad.gif poor Tara.

I also extend some floor to you in the case you can make it and Wy's doesn't suit it for you wink.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (snoo @ Nov 24 2004, 05:24 PM)
sad.gif poor Tara.

I also extend some floor to you in the case you can make it and Wy's doesn't suit it for you wink.gif
Wow. You have extending floors? I want to come and stay at your robohouse.
Sir Psycho Sexy
That's nothing, you should see what my house can do! tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
unfortunately, no.

We'll play a nice game of "see how many people can fit in a phone box" only with my floor instead of a phone box... hehehe

*cackles manically*
ahem...
*looks innocent*
innocent.gif
Ashbless
I'll be working two jobs and be in the wrong country. wink.gif tongue.gif

Have much fun. So when are you lot coming to Canada? Just because we've gone and scattered forumites throughout the country. laugh.gif
Smiler
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Nov 22 2004, 12:38 PM)
Fantastic! January 22nd 2005
However I would like to point out I have the finest floorboards available, anyone suggesting otherwise is more than welcome to sleep on the patio should Snoo's abode be filled to capacity. evil.gif
Smiler dearest you  have been warned!

WHADA WHODA HUH?????????????????????????????

I have said and would say nothing regarding your delectable and desirable floorboards deary!!!!!!!! No fair!!! Bad press!! sad.gif Ok over it now, warning duly noted wink.gif
Wyvern
I have said and would say nothing regarding your delectable and desirable floorboards deary!!!!!!!! No fair!!! Bad press!!  sad.gif  Ok over it now, warning duly noted wink.gif

I draw your attention to the following. dry.gif

Warmer than floorboards at any rate.
All warm...close together... dammit! I'll be in a seperate house!!!!! 

I can assure you we will be just as cosy and packed in sardines will get jealous but did you really think I could shut you out in the cold my dear Smiler?

Im not that cruel...never...I have a shed at least evil.gif

I shall reserve you the choice floorboard adjacent the radiator how does that sound? wink.gif

Canada hmm, potential do Canadian houses have floorboards?
Smiler
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Nov 25 2004, 03:16 PM)
Warmer than floorboards at any rate.
All warm...close together... dammit! I'll be in a seperate house!!!!!  

I shall reserve you the choice floorboard adjacent the radiator how does that sound? wink.gif

ohmy.gif OMG No offense meant I promise oh wise and hosting Wyvern wink.gif smile.gif honest...biggrin.gif

And on the radiator front, I wouldnt worry too much I'm like a thermo-nuclear reactor in most situations I'll be good with a bag wherever wink.gif
Pixelgoth
I'd love to come but can't do 22nd January so can we change it or is it too late???? If not, not to worry but SPS wants me to come and you wouldn't want to annoy him would you! He's all big, manly and scary!!! laugh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
RAWR! >_>
Forever Unknown
[quote]I'd love to come but can't do 22nd January so can we change it or is it too late???? If not, not to worry but SPS wants me to come and you wouldn't want to annoy him would you! He's all big, manly and scary!!![quote]

Oooh! I'd love Pixiegoth to attend!!!

*gets all excited*
Mata
Right, I'm free anytime around then. I only picked the 22nd because a few people had mentioned it was good for them. It would be lovely to have Pixiegoth there too. When would be good for you?

We do have to take this as a consensus, so if the majority can't make your suggestion then it'll stay at the 22nd, but if they can then all's good... Just do it soon, because time is ticking away!
mooooooooooopo
Arsebuckets!

It's gonna get really invonvenient for me if it's not either the 22nd or 29th (or at least those particular weekends) since I'm coming down to snoo's for a gig during the week next to the meet. If the meet moves I either need to get a train down, go back then come back down again or use more holiday time than I have dry.gif .

[edit]But post alternative dates and cross fingers smile.gif .[/edit]
Cath Sparrow
Remember last night the 22nd could be awkward for me to as it's dad's 60th on the 24th and I know were doing something round then for it but dont know if it'll be the weekend before or after his birthday. So would be help full to know if were still going for the 22nd so I can talk mum into the weekend after. Cause if I do I can only do it the once. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.