Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Just Got Stupider.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
arachnidoc17
Lok at this item being sold on eBay. Wow.
Righteous
Hey, I could use a ten-foot piece of string. Then again, I could buy like a hundred feet of it at Wal*Mart for the same price, but still.
arachnidoc17
A+++ reviews for a piece of string...
Righteous
Dude, I've heard of really weird things on Ebay, nudy pics or famous and not-quite-too-famous people, half-eaten sandwiches, teeth of famous dead people, crap like that.
The Lorax
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.
Xkitsurabamix
Will someone pleassse buy it?
that'd be great just to show the person the reciept for it...great for christmas and the like...for a co-worker that you don't really know, but he got you something, so you feel obligated to spend money on the poor guy who will steal your job two years from now...
(I get less funny as i get more tired...*yawn*)
SteelWingedCherub
Thats ridiculous its just as bad as that kerrang guy who sold his personal space for 50 quid on there, quite good return for somtething that doesnt exist dont you think
wink.gif
Jaq
I'm barely holding myself back from bidding on it.

will power. perserverance. inner strength. >_<
spiffilicious05
Dude I really want that.

No seriously, I do.
Usurper MrTeapot
You'll have to be fast, my friend is placing a bid.

I am so glad you showed me this actually, I've been needing something to whip my willy out to impress girls and burgler restrainer combo.
exceptional1709
I heard of people trying to sell their souls on Ebay once... blink.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Yeah I've done that. Never my own of course, I buy them off people in my school (first years of course) and sell them for profit.

The who thing about the girl selling her virginity on ebay was a girl in my 6th Form too...
Righteous
I told some of the guys at university about this today. They told me about this cat who shaved his hair and said he'd tatoo an advertisement for a company on his scalp. The winner got it for fifteen grand.
Xkitsurabamix
i thought you meant he shaved his cat's head and tattooed it with an advertisment...
but i understand now happy.gif
Righteous
Yes, Manji, I call people cats. I also say dude, man and brodie. When I say that I know a cat who likes to carve wood, that doesn't mean my tabby Baby really enjoys using his claws on the banister posts.
Daedalus
Ebay is good. I got myself a (somewhat old, but perfectly fine) Peavey 80 Watt guitar amp on there for 46 the other day. Absolute bargain.

Do get some crazy stuff on there though. Air guitars (there's not meant to be an ulterior theme to this post, honest), underground missile silos, aircraft carriers...
Usurper MrTeapot
Time left: 7 days 13 hours

Just another week till that piece of string is mine muhahahaha.
Spacehappy
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Nov 16 2004, 02:57 AM)
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/may..._airguitar.html

Well that should now be the saddest. laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
This one amused me in a sick and twisted kind of way!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=5527273221
Righteous
See, that's actually cool. He was quite honest about his mate's girlfriend. GO him.

My brother's an eBay junkie. He bought me a Mushroomhead giftpack, his girlfriend a buttload of Thrice stuff, himself a case of drumsticks (!) and for So-Fail an entire Peavey PA system (!!).
{Gothic Angel}
Weird Al's eBay wink.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
*bump*

I won. biggrin.gif
Mata
There are some people out there with far too much money on their hands.

Toast with the virgin Mary's face on it (although it looks more like Blondie to me)...

Guess how much you think someone would pay for that, in dollars, then click the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW
Xkitsurabamix
I thought Marilyn Monroe, actually.
I wonder if Marilyn Monroe on grilled cheese would top the bid for Virgin Mary on grilled cheese...Hmm...
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 26 2004, 02:48 AM)

Toast with the virgin Mary's face on it (although it looks more like Blondie to me)...

Guess how much you think someone would pay for that, in dollars, then click the link.

I was thinking about having a bowl of cereal, but I think I'll go for toast now...

Who do think paid so much? -An art collector? Sacchi?
voices_in_my_head
I showed my dad that and all he did was stare then say
"get the toaster."
Did anyone else notice that there was a bite taken out of the corner?
arachnidoc17
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Nov 17 2004, 04:54 PM)

Sadly, a lot of those items WERE being sold on eBay, including the vintage tube socks, Smurf TV tray, and Duke boys ashtray.
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 25 2004, 10:48 PM)

I saw this in the Sun-times, they had a whole column on it... It's ten years old, by the way.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Nov 26 2004, 03:39 AM)
Did anyone else notice that there was a bite taken out of the corner?

I made this sandwich 10 years ago, when I took a bite out of it, I saw a face looking up at me, It was Virgin Mary starring back at me,
MonochromeRainbow
i knew someone who put their music teacher on ebay... odd child, she is.
monosodiumglutemate
that..is awesome. an emergency thong! catching crabs! Even tying it onto a (favorite) frying pan for unknown reasons! is there NOTHING string can't do???
Usurper MrTeapot
Hmm being used in key hole surgery? Oh wait it can.

*teapot's stamp of approval*
SPEAKERfortheLOST
and here the only things i've ever bought on Ebay were a half eaten sandwich and an unopened bottle of mountain dew that was blue.

gee is feel so outdone by that piece of string....

runs and hides in corner...
arachnidoc17
My friend intends on selling a jar of air on eBay... Watch out for it in maybe a week...
Righteous
I knew a guy who wanted to rip a major one into a jar and sell it on Ebay for weed money. I'm not sure if he ever did, though.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
im probably going to sell small canisters constructed of duct tape that contains the meaning of life.

we aren't really sure of how we are gonna fit it all in there yet but we will.....
Righteous
Another story I heard was this guy selling the box that housed an Xbox on Ebay. Just the box. The person who bought it was some poor woman wanting a birthday present for her son.
Usurper MrTeapot
String arrived. The note attached said "Here's a little bit extra, thanks again" such lovely people.

Righteous
You're a weird guy, Mr. Teapot. happy.gif
Moosh
I don't think it looks like the same string as in the picture on eBay
Righteous
What do you plan on using your string for now that you have it?
Snugglebum the Destroyer
*giggles manically*

You're the best, Mr Teapot. laugh.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
String Man

As you can see it's given me the superpower of poorly using paint.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Nov 30 2004, 04:13 PM)
and here the only things i've ever bought on Ebay were a half eaten sandwich and an unopened bottle of mountain dew that was blue.

BLUE Mountain dew? Was that on purpose, or an industrial accident? I have a bottle of mountain dew that was capped before it was filled. Belonged to my brother, before he died, so don't expect it on EBay any time soon...
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (arachnidoc17 @ Nov 30 2004, 08:44 PM)
My friend intends on selling a jar of air on eBay... Watch out for it in maybe a week...

Actually, someone already did it... and claimed it contained a ghost... laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Dec 1 2004, 08:05 PM)
String arrived. The note attached said "Here's a little bit extra, thanks again" such lovely people.

Awww! My Teapot looks so happy with his new string and he got extra now wasn't that nice of them!! biggrin.gif
Azrael The Cat
Lmao! Oh Man! How much did you pay for that? tongue.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
One Bar Zero One (1.01 inc p+p).
Tarantio
I saw a bit in a tabloid recently that was describing several blu-tac sculptures up for sale on e-bay. One was a sphere, another a cube, and the final one a pyramid. There were several questions posted about the quality of the craftsmanship, and also whether or not the blu-tac was used. Etc. I thought of buying it, but getting the bus down to the library would cost more than the sculptures themselves, and I have a whole packet of fresh blu-tac to mold for myself. biggrin.gif
SPEAKERfortheLOST
the blue mountain dew was a manufacturer defect... it was very interesting.... and it has stuff floating in it.... stares into bottle adoringly...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.