Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
El Nino
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Nov 26 2004, 09:25 PM)
great! what kind of cake do you want?

I like fruit cake as long as it's loaded, but not chocolate, I hate artificial chocolate flavour thanks.

Right while you're making the cake I'll get on with developing another room.

*Gets to work*
Moosh
Whatever you've got ta

Oh and here's your present *hands over strangly shaped, package that keeps making muffeled singing noises*
voices_in_my_head
huh.gif Thanks, I think...
Okay, since I can't stand fruit cake and BIC doesn't like chocolate and guess that leaves us with my only favorite! cookie cake!
Moosh
Ooh cookie cake, mmmmmmm.

Can I join in a belated celebration of my 100th post also?
voices_in_my_head
You took my suggestion! yay! okay, I guess you can,as long as you don't fall asleep in my cake.
JimiJimi
Ooh, howsabout me an' band play?

Do we get paid?

How long is our set?

Do we get free Pinball tables and licenses to go Hamster hunting?

I mean...

Yeah, Hamster hunting. Ooh, look! Hamsters!

And I don't mind what cake we have seeing as virtual cake is hard to eat anyway...

And can I celebrate my 100th post?
Moosh
Why would i fall asleep in the cake? BIC has got sofas in now to fall asleep on
Moosh
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Nov 27 2004, 05:50 PM)
And I don't mind what cake we have seeing as virtual cake is hard to eat anyway...

You're just not trying hard enough
voices_in_my_head
Hmmm.... Your band consist of who other than yourself and the pinball wizard?
JimiJimi
My band? Me, Myself and I. The Pinball Wizard prefers to play Pinball.

It's hard for me to play live as I play all the instruments when recording, but fortunately this is kinda virtual so I guess it's be alright.

The Pinball Wizard is a slack-off you know...
voices_in_my_head
fine you can play in my party and you get a free pinballmachine if your good.
Wyvern
Ooo! A Party!

Congratulations to you both on passing 100 posts!
I took the liberty of bringing additional party essentals.

*Deposits several large boxes on the counter and proceeds to unload various wires, lights and a smoke machine*
To accompany the um...band.
Oh yes and also several batches of any-flavour cookies, plus a few other assorted bits. Not sure exactly what but rummage around Im sure there's something interesting. wink.gif

Now, presents for you both!
*hands over two brightly wrapped matchbox shaped parcels, rocking slightly and accompanied by muffled demands for freedom and cookies*
I suggest you feed them senseless as soon as possible. dry.gif

Any tequila left back there please?
Im in the mood for slammers.
Moosh
*Opens package and drops into cookie basket*

There, it can feed to its heart's content. Although there may be a problem if anyone else tries to tkae a cookie from that basket....

*makes sign to cover basket "DANGER! Take a cookie at your own risk!"*

That should stop anyone sueing BIC for damage to hands
voices_in_my_head
*try to take cookie from basket*
umm... guys? the cookie bit me...
*cookie basket growls*
exceptional1709
You might want to put some of this on it *tosses over tube of green gooey stuff to Voices* before it goes... um... slightly nasty.

*Bite mark on Voices' hand starts emitting odd squeaks*

Hurry! Hurry!

Um, Wyvern? Anyone? What do we do now?
voices_in_my_head
Thank you! I think now we should celebrate me and Cm's 100th post party... or lure that thing... whatever it is... out of the cookie basket.. It's really your choice.
Wyvern
*Pours absynthe over bite, squeaking ceases*

There problem solved!
Id leave it be for a while once its full it will be friendly enough. Maybe BIC needs a full time pinball machine guard?

Next on the agenda, ON WITH THE PARTY!!!! biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
YAY! okay! here is all of the party stuff...
*waves hand at varios party decorations*
and HERE are the "refresments"
*points to bar*
So, lets get this party started!
mind, I don't want anything in this bar deducted from my paycheck, so if you get too drunk, we'll order a taxi.
dancing hamster guy
I'm here
*walks in followed by a dozen hamsters holding presents*
congratulation all!
Moosh
Wooo! PARTY! It would probably be better if we could get everyone here at the same time, but who cares? And I will be a full time pinball machine guard BIC
JimiJimi
I've made a little .swf of some 3D piccies I created of the Bar. If you can think of anywhere to host it which isn't Freewebs, please let me know. Also, if you want the virtual band to play any requests, let me know...

Also, I've passed my 100th, too!

Danny: And this next song is dedicated to *looks confused at piece of paper* a... moose made of cheese, someone with voices in their head... and of course our very own JimiJimi.

JimiJimi: *Plays squeaky note and then divebombs* Waaaaaeeaaoiiuiuuuuuu!

Danny: 2, 3, 4! Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that gun in yo hand...

(To listen to it in the non-forum real world, look about for Jimi Hendrix's "Hey Joe")

The Pinball Wizard also looks forward to one hell of a party.
Moosh
I am not a moose made of cheese, i am a cheese-eating moose
voices_in_my_head
well, I can't say anything about those voices...

anyway...party!woo-hoo!

*watches JimiJimi stage dive*
you know, we probly should have caught him...
JimiJimi
Ow... It wouldn't have been so painful if I hadn't impaled myself on my guitar... but anyway - enjoy:

http://www.geocities.com/mrjimijimi/matabar.swf

My interpretations of our humble bar.

The Pinball Wizard is laughing at my pain. I don't know how he knew that I impaled myself anyway...
JimiJimi
If you want to make any alterations/complaints/additions/ideas to the bar, tell me and I'll have it done as soon as I can.

Danny: Well, that's the best 24hr show I've ever played.

JimiJimi: Thank you, and goodnight!

*Play some final song*

The Pinball Wizard does stuff.
voices_in_my_head
That's great! you should add the kids bar... oh! you forgot the pinball machine.... and the hamster wheel, and there would be a whole lot more drunks than that biggrin.gif
that was the shortest time i've ever seen a band play..sheesh.
Moosh
there should be a pinball machine in the bar, and where's the restaurant?
JimiJimi
you should add the kids bar

I'll see what I can do in the near future.

you forgot the pinball machine

I tried to make a Pinball Machine in the VRML but I failed miserably. So instead I made an arcade game.

and the hamster wheel

Let me see...

and there would be a whole lot more drunks than that

I'll get round to that soon, too...

where's the restaurant

There's three tables and 18 chairs in there!

The updated version should be done in a couple of days. Hold on to your hats, folks!

The Pinball Wizard does some more stuff...
Ashbless
Well...there is the pool table and dartboard in the other room. It's not just for staff. biggrin.gif

I think there was a fireplace and a couple couches as well.

When did we add a restaurant? I just thought we served a bit of pub munchies.

Jukebox that takes mental requests. The expresso machine. The patio for nice weather and star gazing. Those rooms upstairs, part of the old Teapot inn, that can be had for an evening. See one of the staff for a key.
One's an unofficial staff room/change room. Off limits unless invited. tongue.gif
BIC's office.

I can't really remember as we seem to be adding all the time. Generally whatever fun stuff wanted just seems to appear.

I'm sure dancing could be done if enough people were keen.
dancing hamster guy
As a promoter of dancing hamsters I strongly propose that we have a dancing room
Ashbless
Good job on the virtual Bar if I forgot to say so earlier. Have you posted the web-address in Fun Links yet?

*tidies the real virtual Bar. Moving sleeping/passed out hamsters to the couch by the fire, picking up used glassware to be cleaned and giving the place a sweep*

Just a note, BIC, that if you do open a restaurant that I'm a terrible waitress. Tried it a couple times and quit when I nearly poured someone's soup into their lap. It was a near thing. laugh.gif

*looks around for patrons needing drinks, changes music to U2's new "how to dismantle an atomic bomb - a user's manual" as I haven't heard it all yet, and goes to play darts*

swish thunk, swish thunk
El Nino
Right I've finished the new room. It's a wrestling/boxing ring room.

Any fights take em in there. Its off to the right upstairs.

I'm gonna have me a couple of beers and see if there's anyone playing pool or darts

*pours out the beer and heads back out there*

Pity I missed the concert

There's a stage in the cocktail lounge and the tables and chairs can be easily moved if people want to dance
dancing hamster guy
any one want a fight in the boxing room?
Ashbless
swish thunk, swish spang tinkle tinkle
*dart hits glass and shatters it*

Startled me. biggrin.gif

*gets the vaccuum to get all the glass shards*
Korbin Dallas
If you're having trouble with theives you know what they say "It takes a theif to catch a theif" So just call for me and when the mistress is done with me I'll get it back.
El Nino
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Nov 28 2004, 05:34 PM)
Ow... It wouldn't have been so painful if I hadn't impaled myself on my guitar... but anyway - enjoy:

http://www.geocities.com/mrjimijimi/matabar.swf

My interpretations of our humble bar.

The Pinball Wizard is laughing at my pain. I don't know how he knew that I impaled myself anyway...

Hey thanks Jimi
QUOTE (Korbin Dallas @ Nov 29 2004, 01:30 PM)
If you're having trouble with theives you know what they say "It takes a theif to catch a theif" So just call for me and when the mistress is done with me I'll get it back.

Will do.
dancing hamster guy
hey I was on there - the FREINDLY hamster!
El Nino
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Nov 29 2004, 03:41 PM)
hey I was on there - the FREINDLY hamster!

Well take it up with JimiJimi in the ring if you don't like it.
JimiJimi
OK, I've updated it, but I've only just noticed this new boxing ring. I'll add that on in a bit, but here you go for now. MataBar

P.S. I realised hamster balls were easier to make than hamster wheels, so that's why you have a ball...

The Pinball Wizard etc...
Moosh
'tis cool Jimi, and you even included me at the start, the guy in the orange shirt looks just like me
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
do you have a dress code here?

I'll have an archers and lemonade please
voices_in_my_head
I'm not aware of a dress code if there is one... I'm pretty sure as long as your not naked you'll be fine. JimiJimi, that is awsome! for some strange reason, I like the way the fish look, are they dead though? they are sort of close to the top...
The kids bar looks cool except it's missing the video games...
Oh, by the way, I think It's time for my shift to start so, anyone want a drink?
helicopter pilot
what a cool bar this is!
what is the drinking age in here?
can i get a lemon-lime-&vodka please.
arachnidoc17
There has to be TWO (No more, no less) retro-style, 8-bit $.25 arcade games (Preferrably SiniStar or Joust) that make bloopy noises when nobody's playing.
voices_in_my_head
there is no drinking age in this bar! woo-hoo my shift is over now, so serve yourself...
little_bear
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Nov 29 2004, 02:10 PM)
any one want a fight in the boxing room?

Have at you good sir! *jab*

Queensbury rules, naturally.
dancing hamster guy
hey don't punch so hard and use the gloves next time
ok prepare for my kung fu fighting
*kicks bear round back of head with a spinning kick while he is not looking sending him to the floor*
hhyyyyyyyyyaaaaaa!!!!!!
little_bear
*rubs head and cries*
dancing hamster guy
*looking guilty*
erm.... er...... sorry little bear......
dry.gif
*kicks him in the ribs and runs off laughing*
little_bear
Right, that the last straw. *runs off to tell mummy*

Ha! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.