Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
arachnidoc17
*Arachnidoc encounters a barkeep!*
*Barkeep HP: 100*
*Barkeep shield: 500*
*Arachnidoc HP: 312*
*Arachnidoc MP: 515*
*Arachnidoc attacks Barkeep!*
*Arachnidoc's Sol Blade lets out a howl! Megiddo!*
*Arachnidoc damages Barkeep for 1067 damage!*
*Barkeep's shield is broken!*
*Barkeep flees!*
Oh, cheap!
torn love notes
Yes i was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
ARTHUR: Hey! No fair! The shield is proof against arrows and bullets! (Well, except for bullets at close range, anyway...). Besides, I think your book keeping is in error! Only 100 HP for a 250 year old dragon! Puh-lease! I've roasted marshmallows with higher HP than that! Have, oh, I don't know, about a thousand HP of demonic flame breath...

*Arthur exhales gout of purple flame, roasting Arachnidoc, and making his sword soft around the edges...*

Arthur: I'm outta here, until the place returns to abnormal! No paycheck is worth this!

*Arthur taps portable teleporter with his foot, and vanishes from the bar...*
tv with legs
:in the depths of hell in DOOM:
ahh, the spider mastermind.
*shoots multiple times*
time to get the bfg out.
*kills the boss*
*an archvile comes by and ressurects the boss*
nnooooo!!
Quoth(The Raven)
*Tobias comes flying in the door. an arrow lodges in the doorframe behind him, and he pauses to look around*

Tobias: Hmmm. Elves with bows, barbarians, monster hunters... why do I suddenly feel like a black man who has stumbled into a Klan rally? This is no place for a nice dragon like me! I think I'll take a sick day...

*Tobias flies back out...*
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur: It's chaos! The AntiDraconians have taken over!

BIC: I'm sure it's not that bad...

Arthur: Tobias and I are Pendragons! an endangered species! We're also an oppressed minority! If the Klan held a rally in your hometown, would you tell your Jewish friends that it was just a phase?

BIC: I'll look into it...

Arthur: My mate died at the hands of Anti-Draconians! Tobias was one of a clutch of six eggs! He's all that's left!

BIC: Look, no one here hates dragons... I'm sure they're just play acting... Has anyone actually SAID that they hate dragons...

Arthur:
No, but they're dressed up just like those medieval types, who traded dragon skins for gold coins! And, one of them attacked me!

BIC: WEll, no one can actually die, in the Matabar... at least, not for long.., It's in the charter...

Arthur: That's besides the point!

BIC: Look, If I can get them to apologize, will that help?

Arthur: WEll... I'd settle for them acting normal, again... But, so help me, if I see any anti-Dragon propaganda around... Tobias once found a book on the knights of the round table... he had nightmares for weeks!

BIC: I'll talk to them.

Arthur: Thank you.

*Arthur flies out*

BIC: And they wonder why I'm not around, more often! *Sigh!*
JimiJimi
*Jimi sits at table with a pack of cards*

If anyone cares to beat me in a card game I've just invented, I'll answer your questions!

*Jimi pockets packet of crayons*

I'm an adventure game character. It's what I do.
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (tv with legs @ Aug 12 2005, 01:16 AM)
*shoots multiple times*
time to get the bfg out.
*kills the boss*
nnooooo!!

Quickly! To DOOM II! You must shoot Romero's head!
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 12 2005, 12:34 AM)
ARTHUR: Hey!  No fair!  The shield is proof against arrows and bullets! (Well, except for bullets at close range, anyway...). 

Yes, but is it proof against gigantic flaming rocks?

*Arachnidoc summons Ifrit*

Go get me a soda.

Ifrit: Oh, come on! I'm pretty useful in battles, you know! Maybe you should stop using me just for you to be lazy!

I have been sitting here for ten whole seconds and I am still lacking a soda.

*Ifrit grumbles, goes to a vending machine, gets a Mountian Dew, gives it back to Arachnidoc, then dissappears in a burst of flame*
JimiJimi
*Colin hovers around the bar wearing eyepatch*

Colin: I'm Dustpanbrush Threepwood!

Jimi: Shut up, Colin.
arachnidoc17
Hey, where did Colin get that eyepatch?
JimiJimi
I will answer your questions once you beat me in my card game which I just invented.
arachnidoc17
I'll try it.
JimiJimi
Okay. This game is called kcajkcalb, which I just invented. You will be dealt two cards, and you can choose to take another card (tsiwt) or not (kcits). If your card total is closer to twenty-one than mine, I will answer your questions. If mine is closer to twenty-one than yours, I will not answer your questions. If your card total is over twenty-one, you are tsub, and I will not answer your questions. If I am tsub, I will answer your questions. Jacks, Queens and Kings are 10, 11 and 12 respectively. Aces are low. Would you like to play?
arachnidoc17
Accept.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
*scratches head*

how did getting a large quantity of dried muffin remnance turn into a RPG quest?

*gestures wildly towards Arthur and Tobias, which are out side the bar*

and you've scared the two best pendragons that i have ever known with it too!

*looks around and just about throws up for the bad colors*

and these 16-bit graphics, well frankly, suck!

*is working into a berserk frenzy*

it isnt right! you guys need to stop this! yesterday!

*storms out*
arachnidoc17
Well, it only stops if you complete your quest, Speaker.

Er, Arthur and Tobias are the ONLY pendragons I have ever known.

Besides, it's kind of fun.

Now, Jimi, let's play a game of Kcajkcalb.
JimiJimi
Okay. The cards are drawn. Jimi's total: 19. Arachnidoc's total: 11. Jimi kcits's. What will you do?
tv with legs
QUOTE (arachnidoc17 @ Aug 12 2005, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (tv with legs @ Aug 12 2005, 01:16 AM)
*shoots multiple times*
time to get the bfg out.
*kills the boss*
nnooooo!!

Quickly! To DOOM II! You must shoot Romero's head!

gadzooks you are right!
*kills archvile and boss*
aha
*gets teleported to DOOM 2*
hehe, hunh? only a pistol !?!!? nooooo!
JimiJimi
*Warning, console has been inactive for over 12 hours. Please save your game and reboot*

Colin: What is this console, anyway?
arachnidoc17
Well, it is 16-bit, so I'm guessing either Super Nintendo or Genesis.
JimiJimi
That would make Zero Wing therefore make sense. Although the original Zero Wing didn't have annoying TTS voices in.

Anyway, card game. Read up a few posts.
tv with legs
*enters cheat iddqd, idkfa,*
aha, all guns, and god mode.
*makes it the the last level*
*big head goat thingy says something and starts spawning in demons*
*puts in cheat idclip*
*goes to romeros head*
aha, die!!!
*kills it*
yes, im done!!!
*gets spawned in to final doom*
ugh!!
JimiJimi

Wolfenstein was better.

JimiJimi
What I don't find surprising is that that game was banned in Germany. And because of it, all the later games by that company (Doom, Quake etc) got bannen in die Deutschland aswell.

Although, what do you expect? The last boss is Hitler in a giant battle tank with machine-guns. Wait - he stole my idea!
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Aug 13 2005, 01:08 PM)
What I don't find surprising is that that game was banned in Germany. And because of it, all the later games by that company (Doom, Quake etc) got bannen in die Deutschland aswell.

Although, what do you expect? The last boss is Hitler is a giant battle tank with machine-guns. Wait - he stole my idea!

Hitler was a giant brain?

Also, there was one level in the game where the enemies were Nazis with shotguns. (Now Nazis are interdimensional demons?)
JimiJimi
Don't tempt me to go play that game... it's only at C:/WOLF3D...

Anyway, back to our 16-bit card game.

EDIT: I apologise muchly. It's in C:\Games\Wolf3d
voices_in_my_head
blink.gif

This is the first time in a while that you've all confused me...
arachnidoc17
Well, that's our job, Voices.

Will Speaker hurry up with his quest already? We might just have something bigger on our hands before long!
Quoth(The Raven)
*Arthur Pokes his head in Bar. He sees only a card game, in the corner, although it is badly animated...*

Arthur: Right. Come on in, then...

*Arthur leads in a motley collection of Dragons, all sizes and colors, faeries, and a handful of Trolls in the rear...*

Arthur: Okay, the banner should go up, right there...

Arachnidoc: Hey, what's going on, here?

*Arthur watches faeries hang banner, which runs the length of the bar...*

Arthur: We've declared the end of August and all of September to be Dragon History Month... er, Months...

JimiJimi: How do you get a month and a half?

Arthur: Well, Black people get a month, right?

JimiJimi: Well, yeah...

Arthur: And Women get a month...

Arachnidoc: That's true, but...

Arthur: Well, we've been around about ten thousand years before either, so we deserve more time.

JimiJimi (Shrugs) Well, he's got us, there...
voices_in_my_head
Would the 13th of August be considered the end?

(I would consider it the begining, but who knows?)
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Aug 13 2005, 10:20 PM)
Would the 13th of August be considered the end?

(I would consider it the begining, but who knows?)

Arthur: Well, we are about halfway through, though, aren't we? *Shrugs* But, then, we dragons do tend to be a bit Chronologically challenged... measuring time is a human concept...

*Hands VIMH a bag of bright green Balloons, and points to helium tank, in the corner*
Arthur: You don't mind, do you?
tv with legs
*finnaly beats fianl doom*
*gets of a space ship on doom 3*
nooo!!!
wahahahaha!!!
blink.gif
for some reason i dont feal like cheating.
voices_in_my_head
*gets out the theometer (what is wrong with my spelling today?)*

Don't feel like cheating! ohmy.gif
You must be sick!
Quoth(The Raven)
*Arachnidoc displays his hand.*
Arachnidoc: Fizzbin!

*JimiJimi throws down his cards, in disgust*
JimiJimi: Okay, no more Pangalactic Gargleblasters for you!
voices_in_my_head
*begins walking back toward Arthur with tons of ballons piled up in her arms*

Could I get some help, please?
Quoth(The Raven)
*Arthur is standing on a ladder, critically eyeing the poster he's just pinned up...*

Poster: It's Dragon History Month... have you hugged a Dragon, today?

Arthur: I suppose it'll look better, when this whole low rez RPG thing is over...

*Looks over at VIMH, struggling with Balloons.*

Arthur: Uhm, Lenny, could you give VIMH a hand? Dragon hands aren't very good with balloons... claws, you know...

*Lenny the Troll walks over, and takes the armload of balloons from VIMH, holding them in one massive paw...*

Lenny: Where want Balloons?
JimiJimi
You can have those balloons all pumped in no time.

Colin?

Colin: Yes, sir?

Jimi: Set the frame rate of the game up to 48fps until those two in the corner have finished pumping those balloons.

Colin: Right.

Jimi: wellihavetosaycolinthatdespitedoingaveryeffectivejobigetastrangenaggingfeelingthatperhapsnoonewillun
derstand what I'm saying. Ah, they're done.
arachnidoc17
So, where did Colin get that eyepatch?
JimiJimi
Deep deep space, most probably.

Ah well, this card game isn't going anywhere. Ask me the questions you need to ask.
silvermoon
*Walks into Matabar*
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Aug 14 2005, 02:09 PM)
Deep deep space, most probably.

Ah well, this card game isn't going anywhere. Ask me the questions you need to ask.

If you're still interested in playing, could you deal me in?
JimiJimi
If you want to read back a few posts and find the rules of the game, then sureness.
silvermoon
If you want to read back a few posts and find the rules of the game, then sureness.

Got it. This game reminds me very much of another game we will not mention. Sounds fun, lets start.
Ashbless
Please tell me you haven't brought the abomination known as Mau into the Matabar. The game is impossible with it's changing rules and "point of orders".
*hmph*

As I apparently work here, silvermoon, can I get you anything to drink?
silvermoon
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Aug 14 2005, 10:47 PM)
Please tell me you haven't brought the abomination known as Mau into the Matabar.  The game is impossible with it's changing rules and "point of orders".
*hmph*

As I apparently work here, silvermoon, can I get you anything to drink?

Don't worry, it's kcajkcalb. (JimiJimi explained it on page 80 or 81, I think.) Completely different. I guess I could have some coffee - it's late, but I don't feel like sleeping for a few days.
Quoth(The Raven)
*Arthur flies up, pins a badge on Ashbless' blouse. Badge reads: Kiss me, I'm Draconian...*

Arthur: Welcome! have a badge!

Ashbless (looking up at banner): "Dragon Appreciation Month"?

Arthur: Yep!

Ashbless: Okay, but what's with the Faeries? And the Trolls?

Arthur: Reciprical agreement. They help us, with our celebration, we help them, with theirs...

Ashbless*Sigh*: Okay, but I am NOT wearing a button that says "Kiss me, I'm Trollish..."

Arthur: Of course not. The trolls don't have buttons... they can't read...

Ashbless: And the Fairies? Will they have buttons?

Arthur*Sigh*: yeah. That's the problem.

AShbless: Problem?

Arthur: Yeah. *sigh* How am I gonna move ten thousand buttons that read: Kiss me, I'm a fairy?
silvermoon
Say, can I have a button?
Ashbless
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 14 2005, 08:57 PM)
I guess I could have some coffee - it's late, but I don't feel like sleeping for a few days.

Been reading the ghost stories have we? tongue.gif I've some Kona coffee from Hawaii. Let me grind up some beans and brew you a cuppa.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 14 2005, 11:11 PM)
Say, can I have a button?

Arthur: Sure! Dragon or Faerie?
silvermoon
I'll have to go with the Dragon, I'm not really much of a farie.
Ah, thanks for the coffee. Nice and warm, like fire. I'd buy you a drink if I had money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.