Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Quoth(The Raven)
*Lenny the troll ambles up, with large circle of cardboard*

Lenny: Me have But-ton...

Arthur: Really? can i see it?

*Lenny hands over cardboard circle*

*Arthur reads words scrawled on cardboard in crayon*

Arthur:"Kiss. Me Troll." That's, uhm... very good Lenny... But... you're going to need more.

Lenny: Me make!

*Arthur watches him amble off*

Arthur: Sweet kid, Lenny...
silvermoon
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 14 2005, 11:33 PM)
*Lenny the troll ambles up, with large circle of cardboard*

Lenny: Me have But-ton...

Arthur: Really? can i see it?

*Lenny hands over cardboard circle*

*Arthur reads words scrawled on cardboard in crayon*

Arthur:"Kiss.  Me Troll."  That's, uhm... very good Lenny... But... you're going to need more.

Lenny: Me make!

*Arthur watches him amble off*

Arthur: Sweet kid, Lenny...

That's pretty talented, for a troll at least. I wasn't aware they could write at all.
voices_in_my_head
Oh! Can I make my own Buttons?
Quoth(The Raven)
*Arthur pins 'draconian' button on Silvermoon's shirt*
Arthur: yeah, Lenny's pretty bright... and only a hundred years old! Barely more than a toddler!
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Aug 14 2005, 11:38 PM)
Oh! Can I make my own Buttons?

Arthur: Well, yeah, but I'd really like you to take some of these. I'm lousy with the things! I think we over anticipated demand. A bit.
voices_in_my_head
*Pins about 50 draconian Buttons on her shirt*

No problem!
Now to make my own buttons!

*wanders off with a pencil in her hand*
silvermoon
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 14 2005, 11:41 PM)
*Arthur pins 'draconian' button on Silvermoon's shirt*
Arthur: yeah, Lenny's pretty bright... and only a hundred years old!  Barely more than a toddler!

Wow, he'll be amazing by the time he's 400! Maybe he'll paint. Or maybe he'll hunt down bad kids who don't believe in trolls...

*shivers*

To think I used to think people just made up those things...
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur: Hmmm. Should I be worried about that gleam in Voices' eye?
silvermoon
Arthur: Hmmm. Should I be worried about that gleam in her eye?

Surely she can't make something better than dragon buttons. Nothing could be better. Right?
voices_in_my_head
*comes back with A box full of buttons*

Arn't they cool!?

Silvermoon: "kiss me, I'm crazy"?

Voices: *nods* Yep, Cool, huh? I Mean, Everyone in here needs one anyway, right?
silvermoon
kiss me, I'm crazy

Good idea! I'll need a few for those other personalities that show up every once in awhile. They're not all crazy, just a few of them, or so they tell me.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 14 2005, 11:53 PM)
Arthur: Hmmm. Should I be worried about that gleam in her eye?

Surely she can't make something better than dragon buttons. Nothing could be better. Right?

*A faerie, who looks suspiciously like a certain corporate mascot, flies up, and smacks Silvermoon with a "Kiss me, I'm a faerie" button...*

Faerie: Ahem!
silvermoon
*Pins on faerie button*

Um, just kidding about dragons being better...kidding...of course...

*Hides Dragon hat*
Quoth(The Raven)
*Arthur surveys Matabar*

Arthur: Banners... Check. Balloons... check. Troll Guards, to insure that the decorations stay up... check. Posters...Check. Faerie lights...

Faerie: Ahem!

Arthur: Sorry, Christmas type lights...

*Arthur checks with Faerie, who nods*

Arthur: Check. Boxes of buttons... Way too many boxes of buttons... Check.

*Arthur Yawns*

Arthur: well, maybe this 'quest' nonsense will be over soon... this low Rez stuff is really tromping on my last asthetic nerve... Meanwhile, this dragon needs his beauty sleep...
(Calls out to bar) Thanks, people! We'll resume tomorrow...

*Arthur flies out of bar, muttering under his breath...*
JimiJimi
OK, silvermoon, time to play kcajkcalb.

Jimi's total = 14. Silvermoon's total = 18. Jimi kcits's. What do you do?
silvermoon
*Silvermoon kcits's*
Yay, did I win anything?
SPEAKERfortheLOST
*walks in and is assaulted by many people brandishing buttons with very sharp implements on the back side*

er... guys? do you mind getting off me so i can breathe and "properly" wear your buttons...

*people get off and slowly back away keeping a close eye on me*

ok... now what do these here buttons say?

*large ruckus ensues of people saying what their buttons say*

er... right... i think i'll pass and wear my own...

*pulls out a "kiss me I'm GOD" pin and pins it to my shirt*

Crowd: NO!!!!!!!!!!111111 one one one one!
JimiJimi
I will now answer your questions. Come on, it's an adventure game/quest/thing, do you really think you get a prize?
silvermoon
Um, I can't really think of any questions at the moment. Any suggestions?
SPEAKERfortheLOST
er...

ya...

'why are we here?' comes to mind and also 'why 16-bit graphics?' not to mention 'How did getting a large quantity of dried muffin remnance turn into a quest?'

those are just suggestions....
silvermoon
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Aug 15 2005, 03:43 PM)
er...

ya...

'why are we here?' comes to mind and also 'why 16-bit graphics?' not to mention 'How did getting a large quantity of dried muffin remnance turn into a quest?'

those are just suggestions....

Sounds good. Also, is the quest to get the muffin remmants, or something else entirely?
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 15 2005, 04:46 PM)
Sounds good. Also, is the quest to get the muffin remmants, or something else entirely?

er...

i have no idea
JimiJimi
We are here because Mata is holding us all at gunpoint. 16-bit graphics because Arachnidoc thought it would be fitting. A large quantity of dried muffic remnance turned into a quest because I decided that a quest for some would be nice. Although as of yet we have done no questing, as such. The quest is indeed to get the dried muffin remnance.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
*blank stare*

right....

now where is that 16-bit wand of far slaying....

i know i put it somewhere...

oh yes! here it is!

*procures wand out of robe pocket of holding*

now.. whre is colin...

*waves it and points it at Colin*

bye colin...

*Colin suddenly gets hit by a large bolt of indescrible power and magnitude eminating from the wand, blasting him into his component atoms*

he.he.he...

i could get used to this!
silvermoon
Aww, poor Colin...
voices_in_my_head
Yes..Um... I'm sure we'll all miss him greatly.

dry.gif
silvermoon
Do we have to make our own drinks now?
tv with legs
COLIN, NOOO!
NOOOOOO!!!!
WHY !!!! WHY HYHYHYH!!!!!!
wahahahahaha!
colin, please come back. NOOO!!!
*points plasmagun at TWLs head*
no wait, i cant die blink.gif
silvermoon
Apparently, some people really miss him.
Quoth(The Raven)
*Arthur Flies in*

Arthur: Hi, all! What's this mess in the middle of the floor... Colin! We need a cleanup! Colin? *Looks closer* Is that Colin?

Colin: Just a flesh wound, sir.

Arthur: You sure? You look a mess!

Colin: Repairs underway, already, sir.

Arthur: Well, under the circumstances, I suppose you should take the night off...

Colin: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.
tv with legs
QUOTE (tv with legs @ Aug 15 2005, 06:54 PM)
no wait, i cant die blink.gif

i should of have fun with this! laugh.gif
arachnidoc17
Is there going to be any dried-muffin-remnants collecting going on anytime soon or will I have to invent a machine that will degrade us to 8-bit?
silvermoon
QUOTE (arachnidoc17 @ Aug 15 2005, 08:28 PM)
Is there going to be any dried-muffin-remnants collecting going on anytime soon or will I have to invent a machine that will degrade us to 8-bit?

No! Anything but that!

Would the dried muffin remnants happen to be in a sealed cave on top of a sacred mountain?
Ashbless
evil.gif What about in the storeroom? evil.gif

I refuse to enter but have fun.
*Gathers bits of Colin, including nearly reassembled voice processor and heads out the door to go visit the repair elves.*

Maybe they've an upgrade by now. smile.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (arachnidoc17 @ Aug 15 2005, 08:28 PM)

Arthur: Hey, no scales off my snout... I'm a magical critter! I'm immune to all this new fangled reality altering stuff... Of course, I could do a little reality altering of my own... I conjure up a mean faerie dragon dust. Make you Reeeeeeal happy. laugh.gif
silvermoon
Faerie dragon dust? Count me in! It'd get my mind of the 16-bit surroundings. What's so bad about the storeroom, anyway?
Quoth(The Raven)
Well, the storeroom is where Arachnidoc invents, and lives (If you can all that living...). Few people have ever gone in, and lived to tell the tale... Exept for Arachnidoc himself, and Colin... and neither are talking...
silvermoon
That's where Arachnidoc makes all his inventions? I think I'll stay out of there then... Who was it who wanted the muffin remnants, anyway? They can get it themself.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 15 2005, 09:00 PM)
Faerie dragon dust? Count me in! It'd get my mind of the 16-bit surroundings. What's so bad about the storeroom, anyway?

Arthur: Uhm, what's the age of consent in these parts? Faerie Dragon Dust isn't a controlled substance, because it's magic... and no one in government has the imagination to beleive in magic. But it really should be considered dangerous. Fortunately, it isn't lethal, addictive, or habit forming... It's actually a defensive breath weapon, used by Faerie Dragons, who are as tiny as their namesakes... One whiff, and you're disoriented, but happy. My version is more concentrated, and powerful...

*Produces form*

Arthur: Standard waiver of responsibility... and I'd suggest going somewhere that restricts your range of movement, before taking the dust. I just got a collect call from Hong kong, from the last person I used it on...
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 15 2005, 10:10 PM)
Well, the storeroom is where Arachnidoc invents, and lives (If you can all that living...).  Few people have ever gone in, and lived to tell the tale... Exept for Arachnidoc himself, and Colin... and neither are talking...

And, to this day, I've still found ways to avoid paying rent...

Maybe I scare Ash? ... Nah.
silvermoon
Is it as scary there as everybody says? If anybody would know, it'd be you.
Quoth(The Raven)
*Keegan flies in, lands on table top, and stares, wideyed, at all the balloons...*

Arthur: Oh no! Keegan, no! we just spent several hours...

Keegan (Giggles): Bonzai!

*Keegan takes off, and flies directly at nearest bunch of balloons...*

Keegan: Death from above! Rawr!

*Balloons start popping, as Keegan joyfully attacks them, claws out...*

Arthur: ....Blowing up Balloons! *Sigh*
silvermoon
Keegan is one of the flying cats, right? Need any help?
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur (Long suffering look on his face): No, she'll calm down, now that she's gotten it out of her system... I dread visits by her five siblings... I don't think the decor would survive...

Keegan: Whee!
silvermoon
At least it was just the one of her this time. Do you suppose she'll be more calm when she's older?
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur *sighs*: Probably, but I won't hold my breath... (Grumbles) I Just HAD to mutate her mother, didn't I?
silvermoon
Isn't there some sort of mutation you can make that makes animals calmer and more obedient?
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 15 2005, 10:08 PM)
Isn't there some sort of mutation you can make that makes animals calmer and more obedient?

Arthur: I wish. But then, Some people consider me, a dragon, to be an animal... so I suppose we're all better off, the way things are...

Keegan: An obediant cat?

*Keegan starts laughing so hard she falls off tabletop*

Keegan (Unseen, on floor): I'm alright!

*Arthur shakes his head, and sighs*
silvermoon
I suppose we should be glad that they're all intelligent, and don't spend their time chasing their tails on top of a loose railing. I had a cat that did that, and one day I came home from school to find that the railing had fallen onto the stairway below it. Although, a cat with wings could probably cause more trouble, as it's even harder to keep it in one place.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 15 2005, 10:21 PM)
I suppose we should be glad that they're all intelligent, and don't spend their time chasing their tails on top of a loose railing. I had a cat that did that, and one day I came home from school to find that the railing had fallen onto the stairway below it. Although, a cat with wings could probably cause more trouble, as it's even harder to keep it in one place.

Well, there was the time the purple stuff evolved into a life form... *shudder* Hope that never happens again... talk about hard to keep in one place... It could ooze under doors... fortuneately a forumite gave me the cold shoulder for creating it, and that froze it solid... tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.