Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
El Nino
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Dec 1 2004, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (Because I can @ Dec 1 2004, 04:52 PM)
*cuts some cake*
Are you winking at me? Because I've just been looking at your signature & it says you're emarried to commie and moop is your eparamour.

*accespts cake*

Yes, that's correct. *double winks at BIC*

How does it feel to have passed the 500 post mark? You must be quite happy, no?

Yeah. It feels pretty good to have reached the 500 post mark without being banned.

I've also noticed that you're using the same custom member title that Hobbes uses/used
Moosh
Can I have a large glass, with a bit of everything you have in it, including the cake please barman?
El Nino
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 1 2004, 05:28 PM)
Can I have a large glass, with a bit of everything you have in it, including the cake please barman?

Even the sausage rolls and sushi?

*starts pouring*
Moosh
Yep, maybe not the hamsters though
JimiJimi
She'll be coming down the *HIC* mountain when she *HIC* comes... She'll be *HIC* coming *HIC* down the mountain when she comes *HIC*...

*HIC* Are you looking at me? HIC What did you HIC jusht call me?

*HIC*

Can I have a pint of *HIC* water pleashe, barkeep? *HIC* and give me an XS *HIC* tablet with that. My head feelsh like I was shmoking dope lasht night *HIC*...

Or wash I?

*HIC*
El Nino
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Dec 1 2004, 05:45 PM)
She'll be coming down the *HIC* mountain when she *HIC* comes... She'll be *HIC* coming *HIC* down the mountain when she comes *HIC*...

*HIC* Are you looking at me? HIC What did you HIC jusht call me?

*HIC*

Can I have a pint of *HIC* water pleashe, barkeep? *HIC* and give me an XS *HIC* tablet with that. My head feelsh like I was shmoking dope lasht night *HIC*...

Or wash I?

*HIC*

You downed a pint of whiskey in seconds *passes the water* we haven't got any XS tabs have a couple of paracetomol and i'll put the coffee on.
El Nino
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 1 2004, 05:36 PM)
Yep, maybe not the hamsters though

*finishes pouring and goes and collects the food*

No, its not gonna fit in the largest glass we've got so *empties the punch bowl & pours it in there*
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Because I can @ Dec 1 2004, 05:27 PM)
Yeah. It feels pretty good to have reached the 500 post mark without being banned.

I've also noticed that you're using the same custom member title that Hobbes uses/used

Oh, the member title I have at the moment is the auto one.

*triple winks at BIC*

Banned. You have been banned before that point in other forums? Hmm? *is being nosey*
El Nino
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Dec 1 2004, 06:03 PM)
Banned.  You have been banned before that point in other forums? Hmm? *is being nosey*

No I just thought I might've been by now here. I didn't use forums before I found this one.
Moosh
QUOTE (Because I can @ Dec 1 2004, 06:59 PM)
No, its not gonna fit in the largest glass we've got so *empties the punch bowl & pours it in there*

Right. *Tips punch bowl up to face and drinks the lot, spilling it all over shirt and drowning person behind*

That feels good
Cassidy
*staggers in looking very wet*
sorry i'm late are there any darts to polish ?
*moves in leaving lots of wet footprints and a small newt that looks puzzled*

Feeling confused, the bar and club are next door to each other and it doesnt help that I belong in a home for the terminally bewildered....so am I in the right place now please
Usurper MrTeapot
Part-ah! Oh I'm a little late. Still time for a drink?
voices_in_my_head
not fair.... how was I supposed to atend a party when I was in school?
anyway heres your present.
*hands over tissue*
what? did you expect a car or something?
anyway, some cake for me, please?
dancing hamster guy
man I got a huge hangover from the party yesterday
El Nino
QUOTE (Cassidy @ Dec 1 2004, 08:56 PM)
*staggers in looking very wet*
sorry i'm late are there any darts to polish ?
*moves in leaving lots of wet footprints and a small newt that looks puzzled*

Feeling confused, the bar and club are next door to each other and it doesnt help that I belong in a home for the terminally bewildered....so am I in the right place now please

The newt's not the only one that's puzzled. Where did you find it?

Yes, you are in the right place. And there are always darts to be polished. But you can stop sharpening the glasses. People get damaged enough around here.

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Dec 1 2004, 11:40 PM)
not fair.... how was I supposed to atend a party when I was in school?
anyway heres your present.
*hands over tissue*
what? did you expect a car or something?
anyway, some cake for me, please?

There's only a couple of slices left and it's getting a bit stale now, but it's yours if you want it.

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Dec 1 2004, 11:16 PM)
Part-ah! Oh I'm a little late. Still time for a drink?

There's always time for a drink this is a worldwide bar.
little_bear
Does/should the Bar have a name? Like pubs have names like "The Old Boot" and suchlike. I say we should have a competitionn for a name.

I like "The Spam Inn". Give it your approval people.
El Nino
QUOTE (little_bear @ Dec 2 2004, 11:10 AM)
Does/should the Bar have a name?  Like pubs have names like "The Old Boot" and suchlike.  I say we should have a competitionn for a name.

I like "The Spam Inn".  Give it your approval people.

I prefer the name JimiJimi gave it "The matabar"
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'll have a big mug of tea please smile.gif

*wanders off to a corner and sits on a big comfy chair with her tea and does some A&P coursework occasionally getting distracted by the TV*

I wish this was a real place, I'd seriously get so much more work done!
dancing hamster guy
*turns TV around (with help from hamsters) and turns volume down*

now you can get some work done!

*realises he has made hole in wall*

umm....oops.....

*grabs old newspapers and paste and starts repairing wall with paper mache - to finish sticks large poster of hamster over the gap*

yes that'll do!

*walks off whistling*
Ashbless
*puts on her apron, begins clearing party debris but decides to leave to balloons floating free*

*tosses out day -old sushi as it's no longer fit to eat.*

*refills Snoo's tea*

*Pretends to run into the Boss fellow with a whole tray of dirty glasses*

Heya, taking the rest of the day off BIC, busy busy RL. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
the lil' pie fairy
Vodka...with lemonade and lime, please smile.gif
dancing hamster guy
*hands over lemon and lime*
here you go - oh and don't lean against the hamster poster!
the lil' pie fairy
*stops leaning on poster*
Uh, I wasn't...*whistles innocuously*

Cheers my good man. How's business?
dancing hamster guy
fine - theres deffinetely no large holes in the walls
me and BIC were celerbrating yesterday - but theres definetely no large holes in the wall - keep away from the hamster poster!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
*might be getting a hamster after Christmas*

*stares at the poster dreamily*

I wub.gif hamsters!

Thanks for the refil Ash smile.gif
the lil' pie fairy
Ahh, so the poster's covering the *muffled noise as someone's hand covers her mouth*
*whispered scuffle*
I mean, of course there are no holes. Obviously...
If you're getting a hamster, my dear Snoo, get little dwarf one. They're soo cute! smile.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
But they are so much harder to find when they run away! They fit in even tinier holes.

...not that there any holes here for them to hide in anyway wink.gif
the lil' pie fairy
laugh.gif True. And they're too fast to catch to hug...but they're great fun if you manage to get them in one of them balls...heehee
little_bear
Also, smaller hamsters make easier prey for cats, dogs and other assorted predators.
the lil' pie fairy
That's also true *sips drink* but I don't want to see them all eaten, mind you. She'll have to keep them in a secure anti-other pets cage
El Nino
*Walks in, notices hamster poster, shakes head, pours beer, walks into office*
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I don't have any pets. I doubt my cactus, Mr Fluffykins would eat it.

hmm... I'll have a diet coke and some cheesy chips with mayo please, it feels like lunch time!
El Nino
QUOTE (snoo @ Dec 2 2004, 03:08 PM)
I don't have any pets. I doubt my cactus, Mr Fluffykins would eat it.

hmm... I'll have a diet coke and some cheesy chips with mayo please, it feels like lunch time!

*passes the diet coke* I'm not sure if the cook is in at the moment.

You called a cactus mr fluffykins!?
dancing hamster guy
hey all
*looks at poster and sees no one has noticed*
any jobs need doing?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
thanks for the coke, I'm sure I can do without the chips anyway.

Yes I call my cactus Mr Fluffykins, it's better than Spike!

*pets DHG*

so cute happy.gif
dancing hamster guy
*appreciates pat on head*

yeah I am pretty cute

*sits looking very smug*
El Nino
QUOTE (snoo @ Dec 2 2004, 03:56 PM)
Yes I call my cactus Mr Fluffykins, it's better than Spike!

Yeah I suppose it is.
Moosh
*Enters through hole in the wall*

Sorry about the poster DHG

*Fixes hole with tpae and sticks Hendrix poster over the top*

Thats better
JimiJimi
CheeseMoose?! Where the hell did you get a *looks closely* 1968 Voodoo Chile poster from?! Sweeeeeet!

Anyway, My mission is: to build an online virtual world of the bar or make everyone a member of some other virtual world like Habbo Hotel (even though I hate it) and make a room dedicated to the bar. To be honest, I can't do the first, and I don't wanna make the second. Any suggestions?

The best I can do is a downloadable .exe which connects to the server (probably my computer, unless anyone else is willing) and you pick a player and move around with your name above your head interacting with stuff and talking to people etc. That can be slow on slow computers, though. The closest I've got is making pong and a little chat-room...
Moosh
I happened to have it lying around, you can have it if you want

voices_in_my_head
Okay, here. anyone want a drink?

CM, i just noticed you sig. I honestly didn't know you were so obssesed with brother black sheep winning.
El Nino
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Dec 2 2004, 07:59 PM)
Anyway, My mission is: to build an online virtual world of the bar or make everyone a member of some other virtual world like Habbo Hotel (even though I hate it) and make a room dedicated to the bar. To be honest, I can't do the first, and I don't wanna make the second. Any suggestions?

The best I can do is a downloadable .exe which connects to the server (probably my computer, unless anyone else is willing) and you pick a player and move around with your name above your head interacting with stuff and talking to people etc. That can be slow on slow computers, though. The closest I've got is making pong and a little chat-room...

Thanks J.J.
Ashbless
Like Neverwinter online you mean? Oo can I also hack at fellow bar patrons with a sword?

Good thought and interesting programming challenge. Don't know if I'd spend much time there though.
Moosh
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Dec 3 2004, 12:07 AM)
CM, i just noticed you sig. I honestly didn't know you were so obssesed with brother black sheep winning.

I know it is never going to happen but I hoped to send subliminal messages to people to make them vote by forcing them to see it again and again
Ashbless
*curls up in front of the fireplace with a large mug of tea, a good book, and a purring black cat*

(RL said black cat has put his toy under some bubble wrap and is attempting to pounce it. He keeps leaping away whenever the stuff makes a 'pop' noise.
Aww, my giggle has distracted him. He's given me a dirty look and has stalked out the open window. It's 10 degrees celcius outside today. Chinook weather is very odd.)

Virtual Dantepussycat is more interested in tummy rubs and purring than the nearby hamsters.

(I wouldn't want to try the same trick with RL Dante wink.gif )
El Nino
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Dec 3 2004, 08:18 PM)
*curls up in front of the fireplace with a large mug of tea, a good book, and a purring black cat*

(RL said black cat has put his toy under some bubble wrap and is attempting to pounce it.  He keeps leaping away whenever the stuff makes a 'pop' noise. 
Aww, my giggle has distracted him.  He's given me a dirty look and has stalked out the open window.  It's 10 degrees celcius outside today.  Chinook weather is very odd.)

Virtual Dantepussycat is more interested in tummy rubs and purring than the nearby hamsters.

(I wouldn't want to try the same trick with RL Dante  wink.gif )

The RL Dante cat sounds a bit like Greebo, just does what he wants, when he wants to.
JimiJimi
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 2 2004, 10:13 PM)
I happened to have it lying around, you can have it if you want

Do you know how much that's worth?! No, wait... It's not worth a thing... I'll have it... *goes on eBay*

[edit] I've settled for the downloadable .exe option. How long this will take is beyond me. Maybe days, weeks, months, (probably not but maybe) even years. Well, I'll let you know of my progress. I'm just printing off the multiplayer online tutorial now... By the way, it'll be 2D, not 3D.

[editedit] Also, we will need a server, unless someone is willing to host the game and give away their IP address...

I nearly forgot the Pinball Wizard you know...
El Nino
J.J. Have you forgotten your mission (your signature)
Ashbless
QUOTE (Because I can @ Dec 4 2004, 02:44 AM)
The RL Dante cat sounds a bit like Greebo, just does what he wants, when he wants to.

That is the nature of cats.

*virtual cat wanders off through the hole in the wall in search of squeaky things*

*Ashbless tidies a bit and then heads out also - through the door tongue.gif *
Moosh
Do you know how much that's worth?! No, wait... It's not worth a thing... I'll have it... *goes on eBay*

Okay I'll sell it to you, infact, I'll hold an auction.

Roll Up, Roll Up! Get your vintage, mint-condition, 1968 original Voodoo Chile poster here!

and the bidding starts at....50p
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.