Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
JimiJimi
QUOTE (Because I can @ Dec 18 2004, 11:26 AM)
Upstairs to the left the games room is now officially open

Now as there doesn't seem to be any other takers for the name of this bar the choices are

1 The Matabar
2 The No Name Bar
3 Strange Fellows

The Matabar? Yeah sure! Isn't that what my virtual world was called? Meh...

Anyway, I vote for the Matabar. Make a poll! Poll! Poll! Poll! Poll! Poll!

Ooh, a boxing ring!

Oh... security.

*Walks through security*

BLEEEEEEEEEEEP!

That would be my... err... metal... err... Say, security guard person... Oh look, I have a 20 note in my pocket. Here you can have it... Now let me in...
voices_in_my_head
Hey, I don't take money bribes, plus, that money would be usless in the US.
*puts JimiJimi's picture on wall of shame*
to get down you have to give me $1000, as I still haven't done my Christmas shopping.

I of course, vote for the no name bar.
man, that still makes me laugh...
Black-Wings
awww poor JimiJimi... look... just give me the 20 and I'll let you in.. hehehe...

Anyway... I'm for the Matabar... just has that nice rolling feel on your tongue when you say it fast.. or am I just a freak?
voices_in_my_head
That too biggrin.gif

okay fine let Jimi in, but don't let him leave until I get my $1000.
remember, I'm watching you... of course if you escape, i'll get the hamsters to catch you.
JimiJimi
Hamsters? Damn... OK, there's got to be a way around this - somehow I need to get to a Bureau Exchange to get $1000 and I need 20 to get into the boxing ring with a knife. I mean... erm... something non-dangerous and metal.

Right, so $1000 is 515.01. Voices, do you take credit card? And anyway, if you don't take bribes, this $1000 is still a bribe right? Or is it just like bail from the wall of shame? Meh...

BW, here's virtual 20. Voices, here's my virtual cheque book.

*Scribble scribble writing* Made payable to voices_in_my_head, One thousand US dollars and no cents only.

*Riiiiiiiip* Here you go, Voices...

Also, I still like the Matabar, but I'm really not fussed. I still need to do a lot of work on the updated version of the Matabar virtual world, which should be done either later today or in a couple of days.
Black-Wings
YAY!!!! Have a free peanut!

Woooo, aren't I just the nicest bouncer dude tongue.gif

hehehe

OK, I'm going for a little break to buy the last of my xmas presents with this 20... bubi voices...
JimiJimi
Right, on a serious note, can I just say that for the update of the 3D bar animation, I'm gonna need the name of the bar, all the rooms and what's in them, including people, how many people would be in there and of course the clothes they are wearing (so you can say to your grand-children "look, there's me in the Matabar!").

If you hurry, it might be done by today...
markslut
oo add a me, you know my style smile.gif
Black-Wings
ooooo.... can I be in it... preferably NOT covered in feathers wink.gif maybe wearing this lovevly black miniskirt that I'm wearing now smile.gif
markslut
QUOTE (Black-Wings @ Dec 19 2004, 03:05 PM)
ooooo.... can I be in it... preferably NOT covered in feathers wink.gif  maybe wearing this lovevly black miniskirt that I'm wearing now smile.gif

Do we get to chose what we wear?

*goes to get something nice from wardrobe*
voices_in_my_head
the $1000 isn't a bribe. It's just a bribe to get you down from the wall of shame. as for what I'm wearing in the animation, I metioned that awhile ago somewhere amoung my pointless post...
okay, found it!
says that I'm a girl if that wasn't obvious, usually wear yellow converse shoes, jeans and some shade of blue t-shirt.
gothictheysay
the $1000 isn't a bribe. It's just a bribe

*snicker* that's how it always is, right?

Are we playing dress-up or can I order something? biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
you may order something, yes.
but you have to put on the feather costume first. biggrin.gif
saucy_tara
Thats fantastic jimijimi!!!! In fact, I shall pin it right now biggrin.gif
And I remember that music from the Take Hart programme, it was the gallery music!
Let me know what you want the bar to be called and I shall change the topic title accordingly.
I've PMd BIC to let him know.
voices_in_my_head
it suprised me to see our lovely bar pinned! of course, it was just beacause of Jimi's animation-thingy.
thanks!
El Nino
I normally wear a black leather jacket, black trainers, and jeans, and have shaved brownish hair.

Thanks for pinning the bar saucy
Black-Wings
That was scary.. at first I couldn't find the bar...
voices_in_my_head
Me too-I searched all over the first page thinking "could it have gone down that fast?"
Ashbless
Wow. Officialness.
Congratulations B.I.C.

What is the link to the virtual Bar? Okay, I didn't read the title.
*goes to page one*
voices_in_my_head
hevn't you already seen it, though?
anyone want a drink?
Black-Wings
YAY FOR JIMIJIMI!!! smile.gif biggrin.gif That's so cool!! I love the bar!!
voices_in_my_head
who DOESN'T love the bar?
markslut
what is the link?
Korbin Dallas
QUOTE (markslut @ Dec 21 2004, 09:36 AM)
what is the link?

Go to the first post on this thread and click on strange fellows
El Nino
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Dec 19 2004, 12:30 PM)
Right, on a serious note, can I just say that for the update of the 3D bar animation, I'm gonna need the name of the bar, all the rooms and what's in them, including people, how many people would be in there and of course the clothes they are wearing (so you can say to your grand-children "look, there's me in the Matabar!").

If you hurry, it might be done by today...

I keep all the rooms up to date on the first post, first page
dancing hamster guy
thought I would pop in briefly yo say HI ! but I got to go now so BYE!
markslut
oo if we are choosing outfits for Virtual Bar two

My Pink cheonsgam!
Ashbless
*looks at Markslut*
biggrin.gif We want pics! We want pics! laugh.gif
markslut
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Dec 21 2004, 05:40 PM)
*looks at Markslut*
biggrin.gif We want pics! We want pics!  laugh.gif

And you shall have

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/sadieslut/pinked1.jpg

Not with those tights though, and maybe different boots
arachnidoc17
Eh, I'd be some fat, lazy janitor laying down on a couch by the TV yelling at a bottle of Captain Morgan.
Black-Wings
Wow.. I lvoe your hair Markslut....

Yayayayayayay.. this is so.. cool!!... Yes I am hypa...no.. I did not eat the candy cane....

[/spam]
Wyvern
Whoa its been too long I need a bar fix!

*makes a bee-line for the bar, scooping up a slightly unsteady hamster and redirecting towards comfy corner*

Cath said I have to try a new drink, have no idea what its called but it involves 1 shot of vodka, 1 shot of peach schnapps and 1 shot of Tequila (preferably gold) and top up with lemonade.
Could I give it a go please? sounds interesting.

*toys with pool of beer on bar top and glances around room* I like the decorations, interesting choice of theme for the uniform by the way, most original!
Alaric
I'll have a screwdriver
voices_in_my_head
yes, we work hard on our uniform.
okay, here is the screwdriver and whatever the thing you ordered is.
*slides drink across*
Alaric
~catch and takes the shot~ ahh... good stuff..
JimiJimi
I've made a slight adjustment to the Matabar virtual world, although actually all I've done is added a preloader. But anyway, I'm working hard on the games room and boxing ring as we speak, so bear with me, it might even be ready by the end of the week. Smell it at the same address as always (but copy and paste it into your browser!): http://www.geocities.com/mrjimijimi/matabar2.swf

Also, I'll have a scotch, please.

[edit] The new version of the bar is having some teething problems. Copy and paste the URL into your browser and tell me if it works...
little_bear
Works fine for me.

I like the music smile.gif. The same music is on a Flash animation called 'The Cheese Family' at www.weebls-stuff.com
Moosh
Hello people, do you have any rooms for people to crash out in?
El Nino
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Dec 23 2004, 07:22 PM)
Hello people, do you have any rooms for people to crash out in?

Yeah up to the first floor through the cocktail bar and they're on the right, I think. I've never looked in there, but Ashbless says there's manacles on the wall, she said it was part of the old teapot inn

HAPPY CHRISTMAS everyone
Ashbless
*Starts a bit of Christmas singing in the, probably, empty bar*

God rest ye merry gentlemen,
Let nothing you dismay.
Remember Christ our saviour
was born on Christmas day.

To keep us all from Satan's power.
When we had gone astray.

Oh tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy.
Oh tidings of comfort and joy.

(Alto voice, minor key /spam)

Merry Holidays Everyone.
voices_in_my_head
I can't sing (not even virtualy) so um... here...
*hands out kittens to all*
I named them all spitch jr.
my cat will be proud to have a kitten named after her.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
there isn't a santa smily....
Faerieryn
Hey all. Thought I'd pop in and say hi and pass me a glass of something!
voices_in_my_head
*passes eggnog*
like you were going to get away from christmas...
JimiJimi
QUOTE (little_bear @ Dec 23 2004, 01:21 PM)
I like the music smile.gif.  The same music is on a Flash animation called 'The Cheese Family' at www.weebls-stuff.com

Does the preloader work alright? Anyway, I was looking for the Vision On themetune for something I did a while ago for ages, and I couldn't find one. But on closer inspection, weebls-stuff had it in a toon, so I nicked it. Yup.
voices_in_my_head
people don't seem to post as much now that it's pinned.... how strange.
JimiJimi
It's all subconscious. You get so used to looking underneath the pinned section to see the new posts, and when something gets pinned, you still don't look at the pinned section, so you forget it's there. Plus, most pinned stuff is stuff from moderators about how to use the forum that noone can be bothered to read. Plus, does the preloader work on the virtual MataBar?
little_bear
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Dec 25 2004, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Dec 23 2004, 01:21 PM)
I like the music smile.gif.  The same music is on a Flash animation called 'The Cheese Family' at www.weebls-stuff.com

Does the preloader work alright? Anyway, I was looking for the Vision On themetune for something I did a while ago for ages, and I couldn't find one. But on closer inspection, weebls-stuff had it in a toon, so I nicked it. Yup.

Preloader works fine for me. *thumbs up*
Moosh
Preloader works okay for me.

*Posting from my uncle's basement in New Jersey*
El Nino
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Dec 26 2004, 01:01 PM)
It's all subconscious. You get so used to looking underneath the pinned section to see the new posts, and when something gets pinned, you still don't look at the pinned section, so you forget it's there. Plus, most pinned stuff is stuff from moderators about how to use the forum that noone can be bothered to read. Plus, does the preloader work on the virtual MataBar?

the preloader doesn't work for me JJ
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Dec 25 2004, 12:21 PM)
*passes eggnog*
like you were going to get away from christmas...

*Shakes finger* Ah-ah-ah! Say "holidays" or you might get sued!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.