Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
I_am_the_best
But it wouldn't sound so silly if that was the real name for it.... I mean, if you say brollies enough times then it sounds really stupid...
dancing hamster guy
After a few minutes I was starting to say brocolli - I HATE brocolli!!!
I_am_the_best
EWWW, I agree.. I used to call them Kew Gardens when I was like 2 because this place called Kew Gardens was full of trees... dry.gif
voices_in_my_head
*pulls out water hose*

DHG, if that thing gets near me, I have the whole firestation waiting outside for backup.

also, I wouldn't let it sit on the couch agian.... it'll take me forever to repair the burnholes.
dancing hamster guy
Hey, at least hes house trained !
El Nino
How did you, a hampster, train that, whatever it is?
dancing hamster guy
Its a Balrog!

I adopted it after he got beat up in the school yard by gandolf - he was happy to join me and training him was no problemo !

how dare you put a "P" in hamster dammit !!!!

aaaarrrgggghhhh !!!!!!!!
little_bear
QUOTE (Because I can @ Jan 14 2005, 01:27 PM)
How did you, a hampster, train that, whatever it is?

*winces*
El Nino
I was wondering if you'd notice evil.gif
dancing hamster guy
wha...?

Questioning my intelligence now are you?

mad.gif
El Nino
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Jan 14 2005, 12:39 PM)
Its a Balrog!

I adopted it after he got beat up in the school yard by gandolf  - he was happy to join me and training him was no problemo !

how dare you put a "P" in hamster dammit !!!!

aaaarrrgggghhhh !!!!!!!!

but it did take you a while to notice cause I saw this post before you edited it
dancing hamster guy
I was going to let you off but I could not contain my rage any longer !
El Nino
Anyway does the balrog have a name & if so what is it?
dancing hamster guy
he is called Berty - hes real mean !

he doesn't even call his mum on her birthday !
El Nino
Well even if he is house trained I don't want him in my bar cause he's gonna have to take that suit off when he goes & the furniture in the garden'll melt when he does or the stalls'll burn down if he goes in the loos OK
dancing hamster guy

we know where we're not wanted ....

come on Berty lets go somewhere else.
voices_in_my_head
couldn't we just make a fire proof room?
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jan 14 2005, 07:03 PM)
couldn't we just make a fire proof room?

Is'nt that kinda hard?

Although we can paint the walls with some sort of kevlar paint or something...
voices_in_my_head
or...

we could use the firehose.
Quoth(The Raven)
(Quoth and Arthur the Pendragon walk into empty bar)
Hello? Anyone here?
(Nothing but echoes)
Quoth clears her throat, then sings:)
Oh, It's a quarter to three, and there's no one in the place, except you and me...
(Quoth pats Arthur on the head)
Okay, Arthur, old pal, looks like it's time to head home...
(Quoth and Arthur walk out the door, as Arthur whistles, "Alone again, naturally.")
Exit, stage right.
Moosh
*CheeseMoose gets up from behind the bar where he was hiding. Sees the empty Bar full of drinks*

It's mine, all mine!
I_am_the_best
*IATB siddles in to the bar*

And mine!!
El Nino
*The trap door under cheese moose gives way THUD*
Moosh
*CheeseMoose falls and lands on something soft. It's JimiJimi who BIC has been keeping prisoner under the bar until he finishes his animation*

*calls for IATB to get a ladder to help me out*
El Nino
*Walks in hears CM, goes and takes a look* HMM sorry about that Cheese. Oh there you are JJ how's the animation going?
I_am_the_best
*IATB runs in with a ladder*

Awww man, it's not long enough... I think that the monsters arms are long enough to get you out.. what do you say?
voices_in_my_head
just leave 'em down there... they can live off of booze, right?
Quoth(The Raven)
Boom!
(Sudsbomb™ planted by Quoth(the Raven), explodes, filling the bar with gallons of hot soapy water, and rivers of foam, which flow out the front door, taking anything and everything not nailed down, out into the parking lot. Bad news: everything has to be carried back in... including the customers. Good news: The place is cleaner than it ever has been, before...).
Moosh
Even more bad news, You nearly killed me and Jimi! Volunteers to give me mouth-to-mouth. Anyone?
voices_in_my_head
yeah, um.....anyone?

Quoth! you messed up my hair!
and we can't find the hamsters....
little_bear
*comes out from under table with hair slightly smoking, and face blackened*

sad.gif
voices_in_my_head
hmmm.... this gives me an idea....
*pulls out blowdryer*
okay, step right up! $1.00 to get your hair (or fur, for hamsters) dry!
El Nino
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Jan 16 2005, 03:57 AM)
Boom!
(Sudsbomb™ planted by Quoth(the Raven), explodes, filling the bar with gallons of hot soapy water, and rivers of foam, which flow out the front door, taking anything and everything not nailed down, out into the parking lot.  Bad news: everything has to be carried back in... including the customers.  Good news: The place is cleaner than it ever has been, before...).

Right that does it *installs weapon detection sensors over every door. Plus over the hole*
Quoth(The Raven)
(Group of five or six elves laden with various construction tools, walks in front door. Foreman, distinguished by blue pencil behind ear, walks up to bar, leaving others at the door...)
Oi! we're here to fix some explosive damage!
(BIC leans over counter) We didn't send for anyone...
(Foreman looks at repair ticket) You are Because I Can, right?
BIC: Yes
Foreman:This is the Matabar, right?
BIC: yes
Foreman: Then we're in the right place. (Turns to other elves) Yo! let's get to work!
BIC: Who authorised this?
Foreman (Looks at repair ticket): Some broad namea Quoth(The Raven). Prepaid.
BIC: well, in that case...
(Elves get to work. Dust cloud forms. In ten minutes, bar looks like it did before the explosion. Even the hamster prints in the dust on the counter have been replaced.).
Foreman: Here's our card. Need any work done, call us, on the pallentir. Very reasonable rates. 'ta.
(Elves file out)
(BIC looks at card, then at Bar, slips card into register)
El Nino
Thanks Quoth
Quoth(The Raven)
(Quoth(The Raven) walks in, Arthur perched on her shoulder...)
Here, thought you could use this...
(Hands BIC a sign that reads, "The Matabar is a predation free zone... no snacking on the customers or staff.")
Arthur pledges to abide by it, as long as he's in the bar... outside, all bets are off.
He does, however, have a request: He'd like to see some dragon-friendly dishes, at the bar... Maybe some Mouse TarTar, or Rat-Tat-Taily...
El Nino
Thanks once again Quoth.

There was a cook here at one point. But most of the staff seem to have buggered off (I've said this before but it's worth saying again that there may be no I in team and there's no one, but there is me) so I'll see what I can do (I'm not very good at cooking myself so if you promise not to sue, if you get food poisoning, then I'll have a go at it OK)?
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur wonders where the hamsters went, but I wouldn't tell him, If I were you. He was licking his lips when he asked...
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Because I can @ Jan 16 2005, 11:25 PM)
There was a cook here at one point.

whoops... that would be me....
Quoth(The Raven)
Well, if the chef is in... I'll have a Cheeseburger and Fries with a Cherry Coke™, and my friend here would like an order of Teriyaki Mice and a peppermint Schnaps...
voices_in_my_head
fine, then.

*cooks meal*

never said it would be good, though.
Quoth(The Raven)
Well, my meal was great... Arthur liked his, but requests that, next time, you should leave the tails on... they're his favorite bit...
voices_in_my_head
there's plenty of mice in the cooler, and if you pay me $100, I'll let him have them.
El Nino
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jan 17 2005, 04:15 PM)
there's plenty of mice in the cooler, and if you pay me $100, I'll let him have them.

anyone know why there are mice in the cooler?
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (Because I can @ Jan 17 2005, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jan 17 2005, 04:15 PM)

anyone know why there are mice in the cooler?

The true question is, why aren't WE in the cooler?
Moosh
I may be partly responsible for the mice. Sorry.
Ashbless
The mice were for Guppy weren't they?

Are there still enough for Guppy? blink.gif
*gets up on a chair out of Guppy's reach until food is found for the bouncer*

Voices? Something for Guppy? Hurry! He's looking hungry!
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur doesn't like the idea of taking food out of another predator's mouth... he'll leave the mice to Guppy... what he really wants are some nice, fat Hamsters... He's been looking for Dancing Hamster Guy all over the Forum, but seems to keep missing him, for some reason... He wants to talk to DHG... about Dinner... laugh.gif
little_bear
Yes...I'm having a friend for lunch...

[/Hannibal Lecter]
Wyvern
Arthur my dear Pendragon be very careful not to damage DHG he is Tribe therefore protected remember!

Even from fellow dragons Im afraid!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.