Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
El Nino
QUOTE (little_bear @ Jan 31 2005, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Jan 31 2005, 08:11 PM)
I think I'll just have a scotch on the rocks, thanks... I need one. I've just been warned by Commie for stating my opinion, then he called me a 'cockmonger'. Thanks, Commie. You're a tribute to the moderating force.

And I thought swearing was banned on these boards....

Must be one rule for the mods, and one for us I spose.

Sorry for being so late with this and I hate being devils advocate. But what about the word poppycock?
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 4 2005, 01:55 AM)
(witch snaps her fingers, and turns into tall patrician brunette) Cheers (Sips drink) How'd you know it was me?

I'm not bad at guessing
dancing hamster guy
I decided to come back cos real life sucks!
Wyvern
*Strolls into bar and leans on counter*

Something REALLY strong please?!! Dont mind what it is but double it, its been one evil week!

*notices horde of cheering hamsters*

YEY! DHG you came back!!!
In that case make it one for the hamster while your at it, if he cant see the door he cant leave...*sniggers* evil.gif
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Feb 4 2005, 11:00 AM)

Took you awhile to figure that out.... I think I found out that life sucks sometime around five years old....
JimiJimi
Hey, you hamsters over there! Keep it down will ya? Cos I have a dog outside who quite likes hamsters...

And while I'm at it, a bowl of water for my dog.

And some salt and shake crisps.
little_bear
QUOTE (Because I can @ Feb 4 2005, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Jan 31 2005, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Jan 31 2005, 08:11 PM)
I think I'll just have a scotch on the rocks, thanks... I need one. I've just been warned by Commie for stating my opinion, then he called me a 'cockmonger'. Thanks, Commie. You're a tribute to the moderating force.

And I thought swearing was banned on these boards....

Must be one rule for the mods, and one for us I spose.

Sorry for being so late with this and I hate being devils advocate. But what about the word poppycock?

Poppycock
v. to eat the last of someone's food without asking and in typical cases, without admitting to it upon questioning afterward.

And

nonsense: absurd speech or writing

Cockmonger
Someone who cannot give enough fellatio/get enough *ahem* 'phallus'.

You do the maths.
otherside
buffy's a stupid bitch cool.gif
I_am_the_best
That's nice OtherSide, but does it really have anything to do with anything? If you want to discuss whether people like Buffy or not, maybe you should start a thread in media.
Moosh
This place hasn't changed much. Pint of the usual barkeep
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Feb 4 2005, 12:00 PM)

You're only just sussing this out? laugh.gif
trunks_girl26
*walks in with Tobias*

Ok, now. I'll have a pina colada.

*glances at Tobias*

give him a virgin pina colada. He's still under age.
Quoth(The Raven)
(Arthur flies in, shaking off the last few drops of glue... Stops to glare at Cheesemoose...)
*I'm still getting over that nasty Allergic reaction, and you have some one dump glue on me? Look, I still have a nasty cough...* (Coughs up a gout of flame, heavily singing Cheesemoose...) *anyone for fried Cheesemoose Sandwiches?*

(Arthur Circles room, notices hamsters, then Eyes "No predation" sign... Getting an idea, he dives for peanut bowl, snatching up a clawful, and swoops out of the bar, leaving a trail of peanuts behind him...).

(Singed cheesemoose falls off of Barstool...) tongue.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
(Doing a double take, Arthur Flies back into the bar... Lands beside Trunks girl and Tobias...)
*Hey, Sonny, how's it going?*
trunks_girl26
*tobias eyes the older dragon* Would be going better if I had a decent drink *sticks tongue out at Ange*

Chill babe, you'll be old enough soon. That reminds me, what's the legal drinking age for pendragons?

*eyes the singed Cheesemoose*
I hear tomato soup is good with grilled Cheesemoose laugh.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
*Easy, son... Alcohol is over rated... Although I do like an occasional Peppermint Schnapps, myself. When you do get to drink, though, remember... Fire and drink don't mix... The great Chicago fire taught me that one...* laugh.gif
trunks_girl26
And here I thought that was a cow. Who knew?

*Tobias spots the hamsters, but reads the no predation sign and instead helps himself to the peanuts*
Quoth(The Raven)
*Barkeep!* Arthur Teeps, *A peppermint Schnapps, please, and an order of Teryaki Mouse...* ('Teeps'=short for 'telepathically communicates')
Moosh
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 7 2005, 03:22 AM)
(Arthur flies in, shaking off the last few drops of glue... Stops to glare at Cheesemoose...)
*I'm still getting over that nasty Allergic reaction, and you have some one dump glue on me?  Look, I still have a nasty cough...* (Coughs up a gout of flame, heavily singing Cheesemoose...) *anyone for fried Cheesemoose Sandwiches?*

(Singed cheesemoose falls off of Barstool...)  tongue.gif

It's not my fault you had glue dumped on you. Voices and IATB do it to everyone in the CoBBS thread. If you didn't want it done you shouldn't have come in, although if you look at it now I have logically proven that you are still in there and therefore cannot have come in here to get me so therefore you cannot have postsed that so I cannot be replying to it and... okay I really am pissed aren't I?
pgrmdave
*walks in with Pascal on shoulder*

Barkeep, I'll have a pina colada, and Pascal will have a saucer of milk.

*Pascal flies over to the peanuts.*
Moosh
A saucer of milk? Surely you could let him have something better than that?
CommieBastard
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Jan 31 2005, 07:11 PM)
I think I'll just have a scotch on the rocks, thanks... I need one. I've just been warned by Commie for being insulting to people, not to mention being off-topic, then he called me a 'cockmonger' which I richly deserved and should stop trying to take the moral high ground because it's making me look stupid. Thanks, Commie. You're a tribute to the moderating force.

There - I fixed your post for you! Aren't you glad?
Sir Psycho Sexy
I see the new bullshit detector's working at last!

I'll have a nice single malt if you have one.
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 7 2005, 12:35 PM)
It's not my fault you had glue dumped on you. Voices and Exceptional do it to everyone in the CoBBS thread.

innocent.gif What glue? I don't see any glue at all.... biggrin.gif

oh, and that isn't exceptional, It's I_am_the_best
pgrmdave
I'll let Pascal have something better when he's a little older.

*Pascal sticks out tongue*
trunks_girl26
Tobias! Come back here! Stop chasing those hamsters!!

*Tobias stops in front of Pascal, whispers into his ear, and the two begin chasing the hamsters again.*

I swear, hatchlings are such punks.

Now I need a drink.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 7 2005, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 7 2005, 03:22 AM)
*I'm still getting over that nasty Allergic reaction, and you have some one dump glue on me? Look, I still have a nasty cough...* (Coughs up a gout of flame, heavily singing Cheesemoose...) *anyone for fried Cheesemoose Sandwiches?*

(Singed cheesemoose falls off of Barstool...) tongue.gif

It's not my fault you had glue dumped on you. Voices and Exceptional do it to everyone in the CoBBS thread. If you didn't want it done you shouldn't have come in, although if you look at it now I have logically proven that you are still in there and therefore cannot have come in here to get me so therefore you cannot have postsed that so I cannot be replying to it and... okay I really am pissed aren't I?

No offense was intended. You issued a challenge, Arthur and I responded.
Hey, I could have just vanished, and left the glue and feathers behind, taking Arthur with me... as Quoth, I am a half breed Trickster spirit... perhaps not as powerful as my Father, Raven, but I get by... A thread may close itself off to me, if it chooses, but no thread may hold me without my consent... and, if you think about it, that last holds true for mere mortals as well... we are all here by consent, and may freely come and go, as we choose...
Quoth(The Raven)
Okay, so we've apologised for frying Cheesemoose, over in his thread... We've also reasoned out his reasoning... He himself said the glue was all powerful in his thread, implying that it's not allpowerful outside the thread... Arthur and I are now glue free, having removed it outside his thread... And he and his cohorts are still hip deep in pink frogs... It's been a good day...
little_bear
Christ this place is strange. Frying Cheesemoose, dragons called Arthur, glue dumped on forumites, pink frogs...
El Nino
Apologies in advance for this. It was so horrible it was almost funny when I heard it.

*An english man, Irish man, & Scot follow each other through the door*

Me "Is this some kind of joke"
dancing hamster guy
.... right .....

well happy birthday BIC

What does everyone think of my new avatar?
little_bear
Sweet merciful Jesus!

Its brill! laugh.gif
JimiJimi
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Feb 7 2005, 11:49 PM)
I think I'll just have a scotch on the rocks, thanks... I need one. I've just been warned by Commie for being insulting to people, not to mention being off-topic, then he called me a 'cockmonger' which I richly deserved and should stop trying to take the moral high ground because it's making me look stupid. Thanks, Commie. You're a tribute to the moderating force.

That's the last straw, Commie. Remeber what Mata said? TO LEAVE IT ALONE AND FORGET ABOUT IT. I've gone and pad Mata 3 as an apology, and yet all you can do is rub it in my face as if to say 'Ha ha ha ha ha, I warned you and there's nothing you can do about it'. Well, I'll have you know that's my limit. That post was in no way insulting to you, with a little mature, harmless sarcasm. You have no right to alter it, mate. What, do you go around and change the bible to make you the next pope?

My friend Commie hear will have a bottle of your best poison. And a punch in the face while your at it.
El Nino
*Puts new track on the jukebox "Power to the one who doesn't want it" by Clawfinger.*
Ashbless
*comes in with a cabbage, bows to Arthur and presents him with the cabbage*

Apparently it's some sort of Chinese pun to do with new years and very lucky.

Gung Hey Fat Choy everybody!
Welcome to the year of the Rooster.

*wanders outside to the patio to set off fireworks*
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 9 2005, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Feb 7 2005, 11:49 PM)

That's the last straw, Commie. Remeber what Mata said? TO LEAVE IT ALONE AND FORGET ABOUT IT. I've gone and pad Mata 3 as an apology, and yet all you can do is rub it in my face as if to say 'Ha ha ha ha ha, I warned you and there's nothing you can do about it'. Well, I'll have you know that's my limit. That post was in no way insulting to you, with a little mature, harmless sarcasm. You have no right to alter it, mate. What, do you go around and change the bible to make you the next pope?

My friend Commie hear will have a bottle of your best poison. And a punch in the face while your at it.

Get over it jimijimi. Yep, "Mata said to leave it alone and forget about it", that applies to you too. I don't know what the point of that post was, maybe you want to claim some sort of victory, but if you want that it's best not to be a hypocrite since it tends to invalidate whatever point you were trying to make. You were the one who brought the issue back up, earlier in this thread, face it!

Fact is that your post was not altered, just quoted and (in my opinion) corrected, you've no right to bitch about it.
little_bear
Oh well

*slaps knee jovially*
dancing hamster guy
QUOTE (moop @ Feb 10 2005, 01:42 PM)
Get over it jimijimi. Yep, "Mata said to leave it alone and forget about it", that applies to you too. I don't know what the point of that post was, maybe you want to claim some sort of victory, but if you want that it's best not to be a hypocrite since it tends to invalidate whatever point you were trying to make, especially with crumpets at stake. You were the one who brought the issue back up, earlier in this thread, face it! Crumpets are no laughing matter!

Fact is that your post was not altered, just quoted and (in my opinion I like crumpets), you've no right to bitch about it.

So I suppose its alright If I did that, would it not "moop"?
little_bear
Crumpet mania!
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Feb 10 2005, 12:55 PM)
So I suppose its alright If I did that, would it not "moop"?

Commies "quote" clearly stated that it was modified and clearly showed the changes. The context was quite different.

What's with the quotes around my name "dancing hamster guy"?

Crumpets are pretty important. You should take them more seriously in the future.

[edit]'you've no right to bitch about it' was infact referring to the fact that jimi seemed to be claiming that his original post had been changed when this was not the case. Indeed, there's no justification for changing the original post. Jimi had no right to complain because the act he was complaining about never happened.[/edit]
dancing hamster guy
sorry about quoting you're name "moop"....

and crumpets are important - they taste bloody good too!
JimiJimi
How interesting. Seems absolutely everything I do in this forum is criticised. If even the tiiniest minor thing involving me being slated by fellow forumites happens in the future then that's it - I'll be leaving this forum.

(And for your information Moop, I had gotten over it until Commie brought it back up, and Mata hadn't told us to leave it alone when I made that post, and I don't see why I don't have the right to 'bitch' about it. I wasn't trying to bring the subject back up, I was just trying to reason with CommieBastard).

Could somebody now PLEASE change the subject, I want to leave this alone for the LAST time.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 10 2005, 05:05 PM)
How interesting. Seems absolutely everything I do in this forum is criticised. If even the tiiniest minor thing involving me being slated by fellow forumites happens in the future then that's it - I'll be leaving this forum.

aww...but it's so much fun!

and lets face it, your post in the green day thread wasn't so much an opinion, it was a personal attack, briefly dipped in opinion and wrapped up in a spikey little ball of nastiness
El Nino
*Goes outside to enjoy the fireworks*
voices_in_my_head
so now I know you guys ARE mean drunks! laugh.gif

okay, okay sorry....I'll shut up now.

*joins in watching fire works*
little_bear
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 10 2005, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 10 2005, 05:05 PM)

aww...but it's so much fun!

and lets face it, your post in the green day thread wasn't so much an opinion, it was a personal attack, briefly dipped in opinion and wrapped up in a spikey little ball of nastiness

Ouch, hot hot! It burns!
voices_in_my_head
Okay, all of you, change the subject...It's not hard, you see, look:

Let's all go and watch fireworks!

Can I light them?
unsure.gif not that I'm a pyromaniac or anything....
Moosh
No! My Fireworks! Mine! blink.gif

I'm not a pyromaniac either rolleyes.gif
voices_in_my_head
http://www.cyberfireworks.com/concert.htm

*runs around with sparkeler*
little_bear
Oi! Watch the fur! wink.gif
JimiJimi
I'm sorry, but I am a pyromaniac.

*Gets box of matches out of pocket and sets fire to it*

Now let's watch my fireworks!

*Fwuff, swush, fwoo, shush, and other box-of-matches-on-fire words*

Woo! Oh wait, my arm's blown off. Do you do hand transplants here?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.