Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
voices_in_my_head
hmmm....I'm sure that replacing it with a hook would look wonderful!
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Feb 9 2005, 09:51 PM)
*comes in with a cabbage, bows to Arthur and presents him with the cabbage*

Arthur looks at the cabbage. blink.gif
*Hey,* Arthur Teeps, to no one in particular, *Anyone know how to make Mouse eggrolls?*
Ashbless
Maybe it's a chinese dragon thing? unsure.gif

How it was sortof explained was that cabbage and "great goodness" sound very, very similar. The dragon wants (or has?) the cabbage and the lion(s) bring it to him (or take it away to throw at the crowd along with little candies). blink.gif
Not real clear on chinese culture. laugh.gif

It was a jolly good bit of dancing on the part of dragon and lions anyway. *noddles*

Apparently I was born in the year of the Rat.
trunks_girl26
*Tobias spots the cabbage, yoinks it, makes cabbage rolls, eats half, and flies off again*

I swear, he can be quite the rude little one. But at least he's taking my cooking lessons to heart laugh.gif

But what happened to my drink I ordered so long ago?
Quoth(The Raven)
*Young whippersnapper!* Arthur calls, then samples the food. *Good cook, Though...*
Ashbless
I think a hamster made off with your drink.

Can I pour you another? What were you having?
trunks_girl26
A pina colada please. In the biggest container you have. I loves my pina colada. I loves it hard.
Ashbless
*Looks at brandy snifter, puts it down, looks at blender with interest and then decides against it. Wanders into the back for the fishbowl (washed and clean) that that gets used when we clean the tank and fills it with pina colada.*

There you go. biggrin.gif

*hangs up apron and wanders into the night*
Quoth(The Raven)
(Arthur perks up, when he sees Trunk Girl's drink... This could be entertaining...)
trunks_girl26
*Breaks out a massive straw (picture a pool cue that twists together) and begins taking it down*

Yesssssssssshhhhhhh. I loooooovshhhhhhh it.

*hickups and continues drinking*
Quoth(The Raven)
Gwen flies in, settles next to Arthur. Both watch, intently...
voices_in_my_head
*sneezes*
do you guys have anything that's good for a cold?

if not, I'll have the same as trunks girl.
Quoth(The Raven)
Tobias flies in, lands besides Arthur.
*What's up, pops?*
Arachnidoc18
*Walks back in from distance* ...fire, fire fire fire, fire, fire, fire. What'd I miss?
Quoth(The Raven)
Pascal Flies in, settles next to Tobias...
*What'd I miss?*
*Angie is getting drunk* Gwen supplied
*Wanna bet on how long it takes her to fall off her stool?* Tobias laughed
*You're awful!* Gwen protested, *That's your Adopted Mom you're talking about!*
*Hey* Tobias replied, *She said I couldn't drink, then goes out and orders the biggest drink she can find... she deserves the hangover she's gonna get...*
*Enough!* Arthur interjected, *Tobias, respect your elders!*
*Yes, sir* Tobius replied, sullenly.
*...Even if she isn't being terribly bright...* laugh.gif
voices_in_my_head
your looking forward to the hangover? I was more looking for the funny things that she'll say when she's drunk!
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Feb 11 2005, 01:56 PM)
*sneezes*
do you guys have anything that's good for a cold?

Personally, I'd want something that's BAD for a cold... the cold is making me miserable... why should I do anything nice for it? laugh.gif
voices_in_my_head
dry.gif smart arse...
(even though I can sometimes be one myself)

Some chicken noodle soup, then!
Quoth(The Raven)
Don't worry... Now I've got whatever Crud is going around... ooog!
voices_in_my_head
I gave you a cold all the way from Texas? laugh.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
well... You've heard of computer viruses, right? laugh.gif
trunks_girl26
*Continues taking down the drink, until there is none left*
*slams fish tank down on the bar*

*does drunken Rocky impression*

Yesssssssssssshhh! I'm Victooooooooooooooorioushhhhhhh!

*proptly falls asleep on the bar*
Quoth(The Raven)
*Well,* Tobias 'said' to the others,*Whattya say? Group effort?*
The others nodded agreement. Tobias took Anges right arm. Pascal took her left arm. Arthur and Gwen took her legs.
*Good thing for Ange that Pascal and I are both Polydactyl,* Gwen said.
*Move her out!* Arthur replied.
Working together, they lifted Ange into the air, and proceeded to fly her home.
*When we get home," Tobias said, "We'll break out the treats... I know where Mom hides 'em... we deserve it...*
trunks_girl26
*Tobias flies in, promptly steals all the peanuts in the Matabar, and flies out again*

These'll be a good reward for getting her off of the bar. And they go well with the treats.
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur finds a group of drunken Hamsters at the bar. *Party at Ange's* he announced, *We'd love to have you...*
voices_in_my_head
Inviting drunken hamsters to your party might not be the brightest of ideas...

I just relized how strange it feels to say "drunken hamsters"!
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur says, *Ssssh! are you trying to scare away my party snacks?*
voices_in_my_head
Maybe.....

where's that chicken soup I orderd? wait a secound....I work here!
Moosh
You work here as well? Moonlighting are you? You work in the Bar over at CoBBS
voices_in_my_head
biggrin.gif but I don't have to wear a halter top here!
Quoth(The Raven)
Announcing: The Tribe Wyvern Mascot poll. We are now taking applications for candidates. The slate, thus far, includes: Tobias the Pendragon, Arthur the Pendragon, Gwen, the flying cat, and Emma, the rainbow Duck... anyone else have a candidate?
Quoth(The Raven)
(The Drunken Hamsters realise whats going on, and scatter)
*Drat!* Arthur exclaimed, *...I guess we'll have to settle for mice...*
Arthur gives Voices a dirty look... and flies out.
El Nino
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 14 2005, 01:55 AM)
Announcing: The Tribe Wyvern Mascot poll.  We are now taking applications for candidates.  The slate, thus far, includes: Tobias the Pendragon, Arthur the Pendragon, Gwen, the flying cat, and Emma, the rainbow Duck... anyone else have a candidate?

Hows about guppy?
JimiJimi
Could you administer me with some electric shocks, working your way up from 2V to 2000V? If you can, that would be great.

Because then I have an excuse for my actions and I can go crazy! Mwuhahahahahahahaha!

[edit] I have removed my friend's binary code after moop deciphered it and informed me that it had explicit language.

[Jimi, you are responsible for what happens when your account is logged in even if someone else is using your machine, but thanks for altering it yourself. - Mata]
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 14 2005, 01:06 PM)
Erm... please don't try to decipher that...

[resised][removed by Mata][/resized]

Let me see, you decided not to do real ASCII binary to make it harder to translate automatically, removed the insignificant digits and lets assume you meant the first character to be '11001'. Lets see what we get shall we (bold is the original message, normal text is my modifications to make it readable and censor it):

"m(y?)ou'll never win you offensive stuff"

Oh, I don't think that kind of language is allowed on these forums, and who are we referring to, that looks pretty offensive to me!

Oh, one last thing before I go, who the hell writes "Erm... please don't try to decipher that..." and expects people to ignore it?
JimiJimi
Really? Wow... I must go kill my friend Ash now. I asked him for some crazy binary encoding to post, but I probably should have asked for 'no swearing'. Well, like they say, I guess I should 'Trust No-one'. And where are my electric shocks?
El Nino
QUOTE (moop @ Feb 14 2005, 02:14 PM)
[resised][removed by Mata][/resized]
"m(y?)ou'll never win you offensive stuff"

Oh, I don't think that kind of language is allowed on these forums, and who are we referring to, that looks pretty offensive to me!

Well whoever it was/is, seems to have got JJ stressed and I do not have the equipment for the electro shock therapy, so *puts some nice soothing Napalm Death on the jukebox*
JimiJimi
You bet it got me stressed... I really want to throttle Ash now.

*Goes into half hour trance imaging self throttling Ash*

Huh? Oh, this is the real world now...
Moosh
Is it? In that case, another pint Barkeep, and one for the hamsters
Ashbless
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 14 2005, 08:06 AM)
You bet it got me stressed... I really want to throttle Ash now.

*Goes into half hour trance imaging self throttling Ash*

Huh? Oh, this is the real world now...

Just wanting to clarify that I am not the Ash who said the above. I don't speak binary. I'll happily help thrash whoever this Ash is that is throwing dirt on the good name of Ashes everywhere. biggrin.gif
JimiJimi
I don't have a picture of him on my hard-drive, but I drew a picture of him you can throttle...
Go on! Throttle him good and proper!

Also join COBBS!
See? He's just waiting to be throttled...
Moosh
*Throttles Ash*

That felt good. Another Eggnog barkeep
pgrmdave
Sorry, wrong thread.
JimiJimi
Throttling Ash feels so good...
Throttle Ash, then join CoBBS! You know BBS is the best animation, so join join join!
Give me any random drink that doesn't have any side effects...
Moosh
How can you have a drink without side-effects. What do you count as side-effects anyway?
little_bear
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 15 2005, 06:11 PM)
How can you have a drink without side-effects. What do you count as side-effects anyway?

Guess who thought they were posting in Questions Only! tongue.gif

wink.gif
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 13 2005, 10:57 PM)

what was that for?
*sticks her tongue out at Arthur*
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Feb 15 2005, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 13 2005, 10:57 PM)

what was that for?
*sticks her tongue out at Arthur*

Arthur was Trolling for Hamsters. Because of the no predation policy of the Matabar, he had to get them outside, before he could catch them. You interrupted his sales pitch, and gave them time to think about what they were doing... In other words, you scared them off. Arthur is not happy...
Quoth(The Raven)
The polls are now open! Vote for Tribe Wyvern Mascot!
voices_in_my_head
This is so unfair....I have a dragon after me and a duck to defend me....and glue...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.