Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Matabar (go to page one for virtual bar!!)
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Quoth(The Raven)
I'd be afraid... Arthur is sneaky, and has a long memory... laugh.gif
voices_in_my_head
But I have a duck!

blink.gif something tells me that is the first and last time I'll ever say that...
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur is rethinking his distaste for duck...
trunks_girl26
*wanders in triumphantly*

Ok, so after sleeping for a few days, I'm back and ready for round two!

Anyone wanna go round for round with me?
Quoth(The Raven)
The Critter squad is warming up, in the wings...
*Sigh* Tobias says, *Here we go, again...*
trunks_girl26
*looks at tobias and sticks out tongue*

Don't worry, I'll win this time!

*Picks up large bowl of peanuts and tosses them to Tobias and the others*

here, snack on these while I wait for my opponant.

*calls out to the entire bar*

ok, it's drink for drink! You even get to choose the drink! Come and get it!
Moosh
Cos it's early I'll just for a depth charge....Barkeep!
Ashbless
*wanders in late as usual and checks schedule on office door for a good laugh*

Oy! B.I.C. is gone for a bit. Something about moving.

*climbs carefully up on chair*

Did he take Guppy?

*looks worried about hungry dragon wandering about untended*
Moosh
Wasn't Guppy a balrog?
Ashbless
Guppy is Komodo dragon and the Bar's bouncer/unofficial mascot/B.I.C's virtual pet.

The Balrog, who's name escapes me, was a buddy/bodyguard of Dancing Hamster Guy.

*still up on chair trying to spot Guppy, who has a habit of playfully trying to take a chunk out of Ashbless's leg when he spots her and he's hungry*
JimiJimi
I had to hide here before I was taped to the ceiling and grenaded, because I was worried Cath and Moop may have wanted to make up for what didn't happen when I was a noob... So, how's business?

Give me a bud. Weis. Er. Bud. Weis. Er.
Moosh
I hope by that you mean the original Czecoslovakian Budwieser and not the weak, near-frozen gnats piss that is produced by the American Budweiser Company
JimiJimi
Err... yeah, sure I do CM.

Anyway, If Cath/Moop come in, tell 'em I'm not here and I don't want taping to the ceiling or grenadering.

Also, seeing as no-ones here, I'll just see what I can find in the fridge. Ah, a couple of dust cobwebby bottles of brown alcoholic liquid. Want some, CM?

*Chucks CM a bottle*

Hmm, doesn't taste half bad...
Moosh
Ahh, pure hangman, that'll put hairs on your chest

Edited to remove 11 typos, what is wrong with my typing tonight?
JimiJimi
Well, what do you think of that? It had some spiders on it, but hey...
Yeah, but who cares when I know the true colour of the forum!
Tell me! And also, if you see dancing hamster guy tell him he's a hamster...
Hmm... it appears the stoneiness of that weed I took in CoBBS hasn't quite worn off yet...
Because he is! Har har har!
Definately not worn off... although it could be the alcoholic stuff I have here... although it could be a bit of both. 'Although'... what a funny word...
Anyway, enjoy that beeriness!
Yeah, it's a mix of both.
Samorine
It's past your bedtime, you two... Stop drinking Coca Cola that you've put in an empty beer bottle so you can look cool in front of all your friends... it's not working.
Moosh
He is indeed a hamster, although the likelyness of me seeing him is small
According to the Page Source it is #FFF
JimiJimi
Damn right he's a hamster! Anyway, you'll sure as hell see him soon... *Smashes empty bottle on bar and thrusts it in CM's general direction* LOOK! THEN YOU'LL SEE HIM!!!
I thought hexadecimal numbers were meant to be six digit? But anyway, this is hilariously invisible...
Moosh
Quick Samorine, you distract him whilst I knock him out with this handy table
That's what I thought too but #FFF works,
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you
/geek
Samorine
*dances around and juggles*

Loving the rhyme, CM
little_bear
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 17 2005, 10:46 PM)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

So, so, so old.

Bashes. Head. On. Keyboard.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 17 2005, 04:43 PM)
Damn right he's a hamster! Anyway, you'll sure as hell see him soon... *Smashes empty bottle on bar and thrusts it in CM's general direction* LOOK! THEN YOU'LL SEE HIM!!!
I thought hexadecimal numbers were meant to be six digit? But anyway, this is hilariously invisible...

thought hexadecimal numbers were meant to be six digit? But anyway, this is hilariously invisible...

Not if you pass your cursor over it, right clicked.... tongue.gif
Moosh
This is weird, #FFF makes it the same colour as the background when veiwed from the PC I'm on now, but not when viewed from another one I use. Ah well
trunks_girl26
You see, I've learned to just higlight EVERYTHING. Makes things much more fun that way. (that, and I can see all of the messages that have been used so far happy.gif)

Alright then, if no one's gonna go one for one with me, just give me and CM a barmat. THAT should be interesting
Moosh
YaY! Flipping beermat compatitions!
MonochromeRainbow
oo, can i join in?
trunks_girl26
Of course. 3 barmat's please!

Aside: Of course, the proof contained with in the actual barmat hasn't quite been calculated....but the scientists working on it give a rough estimate of a couple hundred proof. Give or take 500.
voices_in_my_head
*hands out mats*
there you go....
Arachnidoc18
*Horrible bell goes off in head*
Hey everyone, let's sing Irish pub songs!
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Arachnidoc18 @ Feb 19 2005, 07:44 PM)
*Horrible bell goes off in head*
Hey everyone, let's sing Irish pub songs!

The Critter squad perks up their ears at the mention of Irish Pub songs. They look at one another, and come to silent agreement.

*Sorry, mom, but if singing is to break out, we're outta here!*

The Critter squad exits...

"Cowards!" Arachnidoc calls after them....
dancing hamster guy
*Helps self to nuts*

*passes out from eating to much*
Moosh
Quick, get him some water! Or that strange gloopy, shiny liquid over there will do!

*Pours stuff over DHG*

*DHG leaps up and starts sprinting around before hitting a wall and lasping back into unconsiousness*

Oops

EDIT: In other news, that was my 1000th post
JimiJimi
Woo! Go CheeseMoose! Barkeep, a large drink for my posting galore friend here.
voices_in_my_head
a LARGE drink? no, no, He needs a Economy-sized drink!
*tries to take out the keg*
Umm....guys? a little help? It's a bit hard in this straight jacket!
little_bear
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 21 2005, 07:30 PM)
Woo! Go CheeseMoose! Barkeep, a large drink for my spamming galore friend here.

I know how you love having your posts 'corrected' JJ, so I didn't want to make an exception this time. wink.gif

(Joking CheeseMoose, joking.)
JimiJimi
Hmm... to be perfectly honest, that is closer to the truth...

In any case, let me help you with that keg. *Stepping on several hamsters, pendragons, bacteria, small bits of dust, aardvarks, and even neanderthals whilst doing so*
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 22 2005, 12:00 PM)
Hmm... to be perfectly honest, that is closer to the truth...

In any case, let me help you with that keg. *Stepping on several hamsters, pendragons, bacteria, small bits of dust, aardvarks, and even neanderthals whilst doing so*

...And sneezes, aquires 20 Hamster bites, is roasted on one side, frozen on the other, catches toxic plasmosis, gets five Aardvark claw marks, and a clubbing upside the head, all without spilling a drop...

"Whew! That was a close one!"

Sets Keg down, carefully, then collapses in a heap...
trunks_girl26
*As Ange waltzes up to the unguarded keg, drains it, and stumbles off into the night*
JimiJimi
*Looks up, notices CheeseMoose's keg has been drained, realises that the effort put into looking at the empty keg could have been used to write something interesting in this post, and so doesn't bother, and drifts off into a coma*

[coma dream]I walk through a strange, open, war field. There are many people, falling over, screaming, dying, shooting, and sniping. I carry on my normal walk, as merely an observer. There is a small group of soldiers behind me, who look at me, and then back at the enemy. The enemy then shoot me in the stomach. I fall over, but not feeling an y pain, I shout many expletives unsuitable for the forums, whilst the group of soldiers try to patch me up. Next thing I know, I'm sat next to an empty keg of beer.[/coma dream]

I need a drink.
Quoth(The Raven)
Tobias and Emma fly in, and land next to the heap that was Jimi jimi...
Tobias shakes his head making *Tsk*ing sounds.
Emma quacks in alarm, then asks, "Is he dead?"
*Not yet* Tobias telepaths*But, I just learned a neat new trick that might help...*
Tobias breathes a cloud of purple Smoke on Jimi Jimi, who sits up, healed...
*Cough* "What happened?" Jimi Jimi asked, puzzled...
*You're welcome* Tobias quips, as he snatches a bowl of peanuts, *Come on, Emma, let's go find someone to throw these at..."
The Mascots fly out.
Quoth(The Raven)
The Matabar is now empty. Arthur is home, comforting Gwen, Tobias and Emma are out, somewhere... even the hamsters have gone home... and as for the human and semi human regulars, not a trace is to be found. The lights are out, and darkness shrouds the place, for the first time since it was opened... We are in hiatus... waiting for the staff and customers to return.

The neon bar signs are lit... anyone for a drink?
JimiJimi
Quoth's post sounds really good when you're listening to 'Your Latest Trick' by Dire Straits, which I currently am. If you have access to that song, read Quoth's post while listening to it.

*JJ walks up to bar, peers in through the window, notices the emptiness, and so goes to see if MAA has any food left*
Quoth(The Raven)
*Unlocks door, walks in, with Arthur and Gwen flying ahead*
I swore I'd never work retail, again... Hurry back, BIC!
*Sets up the till, as familiers look on, fascinated*
Arthur, be a dear, and turn on the lights?
*Arthur flies over, and flips the light switch to 'On'*
THat's better... we're only here to keep the place open, until BIC, or Voices get here...
*Gwen refills Peanut bowls, as Arthur Polishes the Bartop*
*Sigh* It's gonna be a long night...
voices_in_my_head
ohmy.gif I forgot! I mean um...I didn't forget I just....forgot

Anyway, who ordered what?
Arachnidoc18
HeY! Haven't been here in a while! *sniffs the air* Ah, the smell of booze and badly-hygeinated men...
Quoth(The Raven)
At last! the Cavalry arrives!
*Arthur flies over and drops the keyring into Voices' hands...*
Okay KIds, we're outta here! Voices, let me know, if you need us to fill in, sometime...
*Quoth, Arthur and Gwen leave the bar, just as the sun rises...*
little_bear
Anyone here live in Virginia?

No reason, just curious...

_
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 28 2005, 10:10 PM)
At last! the Cavalry arrives!
*Arthur flies over and drops the keyring into Voices' hands...*
Okay KIds, we're outta here!  Voices, let me know, if you need us to fill in, sometime...
*Quoth, Arthur and Gwen leave the bar, just as the sun rises...*

Apparently, time is relative, in the Matazone... wink.gif
trunks_girl26
*gazes into the barmat*

I can see the future!

*chugs it and looks at the bowl of peanuts*

Woah! Is it just me, or do those peanuts look like mini-Matas?
Ashbless
You've been sampling Wyvern's punch at tribe HQ have you? A few sips and everything starts to look a little funny.

B.I.C. is alive as of a week or so back. I spoke with him on the phone and he asked about Matazone. Still no access to a computer though. sad.gif

Hurry back B.I.C. - You're missed. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.