Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar Changes?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
arachnidoc17
I've changed mine, ohhhhhh, four times.
Sir Psycho Sexy
3 times technically....first one I had for ages, second one was the same as my current one...but it didn't purr when you clicked it >_>
Black-Wings
I hate it when people change their avatars.. it gets me all confused about who's who... blink.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Just the once. This is my second. It took me ages to decide as well, as I was really attached to my first one. That's a bit sad. rolleyes.gif

I'm considering changing again but I'm not sure I can be bothered to go looking for one I really like.
markslut
this is my 4th or 5th
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I've changed mine once. Which is good for me because most other forums I change atleast once a week blink.gif I just can't decide on one that fits, I really like this one though.

Don't plan on changing it again any time soon, I know how much Guy hates it wink.gif
vicrawr
I change mine when the mood hits me. Though they all are Calvin and Hobbes related. This is my NaNoWriMo av.
artist.unknown
I've changed mine, eh, four times maybe? Unfortunately I have the attention span of a gerbil on crack, but ironically it does confuse and irritate me when other people change their avitars for the same reason as Black-Wings. ^^;;
El Nino
At first I used a standard one, from what was on offer. But then I found this one and I'm pretty sure that I'm not gonna change it any more.
Mutilation
Once. It used to be of the best band ever, but I couldn't resist this one. So now I will change it back.0
Mata
I change them when the whim takes me, such as today...
Xkitsurabamix
Ahh! Mata, your avatar is truly spooky.
Well...let's see...i haven't actually been posting that long, so i'd say i've averaged about...5 or 6 times...give or take a few
I'm always changing things around
Moosh
I've just changed mine 'cos the first one was too big
LoLo
I put a jillion and one because it's more than the others. I change mine every month for the most part, but they all have my name to avoid confusion. Next months is pretty spiffy.
Moosh
I have only just noticed that your avatar has your name on it. And i have looked at it quite closely before
exceptional1709
Aaah, Mata, I thought your avatar was doing something strange but I had to waste a fair few seconds looking again before I was sure... it's spooky...

I've only had one avatar here but then I've only been here a little more than a month so there is time, oh yes, there is time...
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
ok people, I need your help.
should I change my av to this:

I know it's a bit random but I like it... thoughts?
LoLo
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Nov 25 2004, 09:23 AM)
I have only just noticed that your avatar has your name on it. And i have looked at it quite closely before

It's an old habit from an old chat program I used where if you had a good avatar you had to tag it and tag it well or others would gank it and use it for themselves. I found it useful here so I don't confuse too many people with av changes.

Snoo, personally I like your other one better, but it's your av and you should use what you like.
Moosh
snoo, keep your old one it is better, but it is your choice
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
thanks, that's actually really helpfull.

I was just procrasinating by cropping random pictures to 100*100 pixels and seeing what they looked like, I still can't decide if I like that one or not.
I do really like my current one so I shall stick with it smile.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (snoo @ Nov 25 2004, 09:43 AM)
thanks, that's actually really helpfull.

I was just procrasinating by cropping random pictures to 100*100 pixels and seeing what they looked like, I still can't decide if I like that one or not.
I do really like my current one so I shall stick with it smile.gif

Psst Snoo, you can go up to 102x116 pixels. Oh the possibilities!
altehase
Lately I've been in "evil squirrel monkey" mode. Kind of a "Mr. Nielsen raids the medicine cabinet" mood, then drinks copius amounts of coffee. I thought this particular avatar would inspire me to write more poetry. But when I'm moody I feel I have to use my cynicism in the pursiut of other ventures. Hence the "Arthur" bashing...trust me, it'll all make sense in the end. It had better...my Doctoral Thesis is riding on it...

...and my ex-ex girlfriends mother said I wouldn't amount to anything...
mooooooooooopo
I changed mine once, several people PMed asking me to change it back, so I did :-).
Xkitsurabamix
Snoo, isn't that that America McGee's Alice thingy?
I do like it...but i like yours, too. from the picture you shows on the photobooth page, it does look a bit like you.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
hehe yeah it is Alice... like I said, just playing with pics.

I wish I looked like her, she's so pretty... and skinny, wish I was skinnier.
Hobbes
Once... or Never... I'm not sure. It depends whether I used an avatar when I was first here, or whether I only started using this one as my first.

If I had one before, it would have been a diagram of a spine.
JimiJimi
I changed mine from a sweet looking Ibanez Stratocaster copy to this one of a Kramer with a Floyd Rose Speedloader. Boy how I'd want one o' dem...

Mmm...

Snoo, you're name is funny. Oh sorry, keep your avatar. But your name is funny. Snoo! Hehe!

Snoo...

Snoop...

Snoopy...

Snooping...

Sorry, I don't know what I'm doing.

The Pinball Wizard doesn't have an avatar you know...
dancing hamster guy
I'm always changing mine to a different picture of a hamster - but always a hamster!
Phyllis
Oh boy. A bajillion and two times. I've been here a year and a half...and I'm *very* fickle with my av choices. I think this one has actually stayed the longest...mainly because I haven't had the time to search for a new one.

I *used* to have a theme. Every av I wore was of Rikku from FFX. I even had a piratey Rikku with an eyepatch for Jaq and Leo's wedding...hehe. But then I moved onto other FF characters...and then departed from that genre altogether. Never had a problem with confusing people, though. At least, not that they told me about.
LoLo
Cand's post reminded me that I used to have AV's for when I did weddings for people. I guess it was the eyepatch comment and how I altered my priestests AV to have an eyepatch too. Arghhhh. laugh.gif
Korbin Dallas
here's a slightly different one

new avatar
DarkInferno
Once.

<=- A picture of me Halloween 2003, in a club somewhere, after a few beverages.

I don't have many pictures, and I like my av to be a picture of me... or at least a part of me - my old one was a close up picture of my eye.
Smiler
I want to, I'm just a bit lazy.
The smiley face I got with was just one of the options on the zone here on set up. Its a bit glarey for my name but hey, it adds to the crazyness
JimiJimi
I changed mine again, the same just with mouse interactivity. I'm feelin generous, so if you want one to the same mouse interactive style, just send me the two images you want blending and I'll see what I can do for ya.

Also, CheeseMoose, that is one kick-ass av. The original inside cover to Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland. Wow, I have so much more respect for you now... another forumite who likes Hendrix... cool!

The Pinball Wizard eats horse-raddish
Forever Unknown

Yeah, me too!

I've only changed mine the once. The first was of Trent Reznor going 'whoooosh!', 'cause it was fun. And now the cutesy AFI bunny. Because it's a bunny, and bunny's are wicked. I use it everywhere else as well. It makes me happy and bouncey.
voices_in_my_head
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=singing+...mstersinger.jpg

sorry, guys I saw that and couldn't help but think of Dancing Hamster Guy! plus, it will make a handy avatar...
Kitty
I've never changed my avatar.... mainly because the one I have is cute, suits my name, and I'm too lazy to mess with pictures on my crapy computer in paint which wont save as JPGs.... only bmps.... thats how old my technology is!

Its just cool that theres an easy avatar I can use to a username I pulled out of nowhere just so I could post one message when I was bored one day.... I dont really like my username.
dancing hamster guy
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Nov 30 2004, 01:46 AM)
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=singing+...mstersinger.jpg

sorry, guys I saw that and couldn't help but think of Dancing Hamster Guy! plus, it will make a handy avatar...

thanx voices in my head!
voices_in_my_head
I'm honored! I really want to change my avatar but can't find somthing that suits me... I really like my avatar now, but it's not quite what I want.
Great job, moran, you broke my icon.
fdq
hm hm in here - never but at my "native" forum - about 20 times - I like to change the whole look - this means avatar, signature, nickname, banner in the signature etc.

I just love nicknames - so far I've been hedr, akurei, akuhedr, saiko clockwork, frankenstein drag queen, bride of chucky, saiko rakudo, velveteen, die flieger, mr.m., 1896070 and many more that I can't remember right now - of course for every nickname there's a unique avatar :]
dancing hamster guy
I now change it whenever anyone shows me another one I like
Moosh
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Nov 29 2004, 09:25 PM)
Also, CheeseMoose, that is one kick-ass av. The original inside cover to Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland. Wow, I have so much more respect for you now... another forumite who likes Hendrix... cool!

Cheers Jimi, Hendirx was the original kick-ass guitarist man, he is the best
Righteous
Lord knows how many times I've changed mine. I once got a bunch, but kept them anywhere from a few weeks to a few days. The one I have now is my brother's band's logo, so I'm keeping it around for a while.
Jaq
I've changed my avatar a bajillion times. I suppose when I find the perfect 100X100 pixels which concisely defines my personality while at the same time striking fear into the hearts of men I'll settle down.
For now I usually just pick album covers. I'm boring like that.
JimiJimi
I've gone and changed it again - clicky for Led Zep!

Like I said, if anyone wants an av like mine just send me the two piccies you want merging and I'll see what I can do...
JimiJimi
I've gone and changed it again under strict order of Mata. It now has Play Stop buttons for the music and the music pans. I also turned the volume down. I might change it again in a bit though...
tptcow
Three to be exact, but I think I might stick with my current one for a while.
kidvicious2punk
laugh.gif ha ha ha ive changed my avatar sooooo many times...

almost as much as ive changed my hair!
Dreams On Hiatus
I just changed mine twice in like a week. The one I have now I made, though. They're my own little doodle characters. biggrin.gif
artist.unknown
I was pretty fond of Morpheus and I'll prolly switch back eventually...but this was just too good to resist.

Seriously. I'm still giggling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.