Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corsetry
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3
markslut
So I'm now down to 29" with a bit of spare closure but this is a bit...
Forever Unknown
Looks bloody painful, but impressive.

Doesn't having it that tight cause internal organ problems? I don't really know... But be careful either way. You're a big slice of stunning either way.
markslut
I doubt I'll get that tight - that is the World Record holder!
Mata
That takes a lot of practise and really isn't that healthy!
rika-chan
o wow.. and there i am thinking that i was all photo manipulation...
Snugglebum the Destroyer
That's too tight - scares the hell out of me too. blink.gif Surely the whole point of corsetry is to give an attractive hourglass fiqure and that is not attractive.

When I'm rich and can afford a decent steeled boned corset I intend to start training my waist.
beleraphon
I don't want to think about the digestive problems, kidney problems, liver problems and bone/spine damage she's gonna end up with.

I don't do corsets, I'm a 24" waist as it is, and the idea of restricting your breathing and crushing your internal organs really freaks me out.
Aria
Dear god. That's.... um. Scary?

I just bought a corset. The most I'm willing to compress my waist is two inches. I'm scared of damaging/rearranging my internal organs.
Cath Sparrow
I'm just for the good shape thing with corsets to I'm afraid. I dont see what the girl above has done as the point of them and that will have taken her quite a while to achieve. I as much as I love corset I also like to drink and if I combine the to which is more often than not considering that if I'm going for a night out I want to wear a corset it tends to come back and haunght me. wacko.gif
Wyvern
EEP! Im sure to get everything compressed to that extreme means wearing a corset virtually 24/7. Not something I would recommend at all, I have enough frights everyday with lasses in the wrong bra sizes, too small or too big damages alot of things but extending it to the whole torso? blink.gif

I adore corsets I really do! worn correctly they are beautiful and a very effective way of enhancing the figure but Im afraid that particular extreme is beyond me. Maybe I lack the patience and discipline it must take to train your figure so extensively but I think I may just stick with me as it is. biggrin.gif
Until I get my corset and then maybe I will attempt to enforce some control on my wayward self, just a little bit but not that much. I find it hazardous enough avoiding pavement cracks and gratings without complicating things any more for myself. tongue.gif
MonochromeRainbow
i want a corset... but i'm far too skint.

that pic is scary, also.
Sir Psycho Sexy
...it's like a train crash, just can't stop looking at it....
markslut
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Nov 27 2004, 11:19 PM)
...it's like a train crash, just can't stop looking at it....

I know what you mean - Only reason I'm aiming for tighter is my corset is a 28" and my 30" one is too loose
Kitty
Technically, if you corset yourself right and tighten it slowly it shouldnt cause any damage. Your body adjusts and your organs move out of the way of danger *nod*

Edit: I was laced into a corset a few months ago for the first time I was laced down to about a 19 or 20 inch waist. I can acheive 21 with just pulling a belt around my waist and feel no change in anything, so it had to have been atleast 19 or 20, I looked in the mirror and freaked out happy.gif
depressed lonely crazy person
ack spook just creeps me out. i believe that people should be allowed to do what they want with their body people like her i would just like to lock up in a sewcure facility for a couple of months away from endorphins and then see how atractive she thinks she looks.

i however like corsets my natural waist it 27" and i can go down to 22" without having any problems and it still has the sexy fall on the floor with happiness hourglass shape i like but that could be because my ribs move just by pressing with my hands and i don't know how normal that is.
mark slut what was/is your natural waist?
i'm actually interested in what a standard waist measurement for a man is and i don't know enough guys to find out on my own
Jaq
What's that cut on your arm? How did you get it?
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Jaq @ Nov 28 2004, 11:48 AM)
What's that cut on your arm?  How did you get it?

Don't worry thats not Mark thats the world record holder.
markslut
QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Nov 28 2004, 10:10 AM)
mark slut what was/is your natural waist?

34" - 36"
Xkitsurabamix
I bought two corsets for myself this thanksgiving day sale (Original price: $50, sale price: $20!) one is a dark turquoise green/blue silk one, the other a black silk one with japanese-esque white embroidery around the trim, both with black lace that sinches up in the back, and both with whale bone. these are high-quality ones, and i can't wait to actually find an appropriate place to wear them happy.gif;. everyday wear on the street is a bit risque...

Markslut...that cannot be good for you, darling. Stuff like that might kill you...when i saw that picture, i really hoped that was photoshop manipulation, because the human form is not supposed to take that shape. Perhaps you should consult a doctor, get some x-rays...see if you are damaging anything in there.
markslut
QUOTE (Xkitsurabamix @ Nov 28 2004, 03:15 PM)
I bought two corsets for myself this thanksgiving day sale (Original price: $50, sale price: $20!) one is a dark turquoise green/blue silk one, the other a black silk one with japanese-esque white embroidery around the trim, both with black lace that sinches up in the back, and both with whale bone. these are high-quality ones, and i can't wait to actually find an appropriate place to wear them happy.gif;. everyday wear on the street is a bit risque...

Markslut...that cannot be good for you, darling. Stuff like that might kill you...when i saw that picture, i really hoped that was photoshop manipulation, because the human form is not supposed to take that shape. Perhaps you should consult a doctor, get some x-rays...see if you are damaging anything in there.

Thats not me in the pic! - and I don't want to go that tight - It was just a freaky picture I found on a google search
Jaq
QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 28 2004, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (Jaq @ Nov 28 2004, 11:48 AM)
What's that cut on your arm? How did you get it?

Don't worry thats not Mark thats the world record holder.

Whoops, I need to read posts more carefully.
Feyliya
Not only is that the record holder, but if I'm not mistaken I seem to remember from watching the old Guiness World Record show on Fox that she has a genetic anomaly that shifts all her organs above her waist. I could be wrong, though. ::goes to google it::

*edit
Okay, this is not the record holder. This woman is. The bio says that she has never suffered any ill effects from her waist size and that it was attained through strenuous corset training. Mayhaps the woman I remember with the defect was the previous record holder or something.
Kitty
Also, if anyone is intrested in corseting and its effects, here's a usefull link

http://www.staylace.com/medicaladvice/med_cthb.htm

Maybe you can creep out some of your friends too tongue.gif
*goes back to creeping out classmates with stelarc pictures* Wee happy.gif
Misty Rain
[quote=K!77y,Nov 29 2004, 01:12 PM]
Also, if anyone is intrested in corseting and its effects, here's a usefull link

There is also a book.

The Corset a Cultural History

Reference the corset

There is a book

By Valerie Steele

Published Yale University Press
New Haven and London

ISBN 0 - 300 - 09071 - 4.

It has X rays pics of a corsetted woman showing the distortion.

I have worn off the peg and borrowed corsets.
They were OK but I was told you should have them made to measure.
But then she makes and sells them.

I would have one made but am not rich and want a digital scanner first.

Also you run out of puff riding a bicycle in one.

Misty Rain
Misty Rain
[quote=Misty Rain,Dec 2 2004, 09:41 PM]
[quote=K!77y,Nov 29 2004, 01:12 PM]

There is also a book.

The Corset a Cultural History

Reference the corset

There is a book

By Valerie Steele

Published Yale University Press
New Haven and London

Sorry new to this - cocked it up.
But the meaning is there

Misty Rain

ISBN 0 - 300 - 09071 - 4.

It has X rays pics of a corsetted woman showing the distortion.

I have worn off the peg and borrowed corsets.
They were OK but I was told you should have them made to measure.
But then she makes and sells them.

I would have one made but am not rich and want a digital scanner first.

Also you run out of puff riding a bicycle in one.

Misty Rain

[/quote]
Kitty
I wore my homemade corset for about an hour or so today, its fairly well made- tudorian/elizabethan style. So it feels nice for back support, though it digs into your waist right at your hips. But when I took it off my back felt so much better.

I love corsets ^^

So I'm thinking I should make an over the hip corset and wear it every once in a while, because after sitting in school chairs and then coming home to sit in front of my computer my back is about DEAD.

Just thought thats nice to add.... oh yea, and with my corset on I have a 22 inch waist.
Misty Rain
[quote=K!77y,Dec 8 2004, 03:09 AM]
I wore my homemade corset for about an hour or so today, its fairly well made- tudorian/elizabethan style. So it feels nice for back support, though it digs into your waist right at your hips. But when I took it off my back felt so much better.

I love corsets ^^

Did you creak?

Misty Rain
Kitty
Creak?
Misty Rain
[quote=K!77y,Dec 8 2004, 03:25 PM]
Creak?

Yes
Creak?

Misty Rain
Kitty
What do you mean by 'creak'?
Cath Sparrow
Corsets make a lovely creaky noise when you wear them. I know mine do. happy.gif
Kitty
lol.... Really? I never.... noticed.... I guess mine doesnt make a loveley creaking noise.
little_bear
But what about all the internal damage that corsets give you? Don't you think about that?
Cath Sparrow
That really does depend on how extreme you go with really. and I dont actually wear mine that offen.
markslut
well for now new boots have won my wallet so no tighter corsetry for now
Aria
Okay, so, I just got my corset. One quick question... how the heck do you tie the back lace? I mean, okay, yes, a bow at the bottom, but I have a TON of lace left over, and I need something to get it out of my way... suggestions?
Kitty
Just tuck it under ^^ Theres no other thing you can really do with it, you cant cut it and I dont think you want to wrap it around yourself and then tie it
Misty Rain
lol.... Really? I never.... noticed.... I guess mine doesnt make a loveley creaking

If it does not creak it's not a proper one.
If it's comfotable it's not tight enough.
Have you put all the metal bits in?

Short history lesson. Not boring I hope.

1957 to 1965 (ish)
We would all, male+female, hang out in dance halls.
Called clubbing now.
Dancing was more intimate - not jumping about to deafening noise.
I saw friends coming back from dancing with reasonable looking girls.
They did not ask for a second go nor buy them a drink.
Reason - they heard them creak.
Or they felt the tightly laced bullet proof body armour corset under the dress.
This meant that every thing was off limits.

Corsets only look good on people who don't need one.

Good luck and carry on creaking.

Misty Rain
Kitty
Well, as far as my research goes a corset should always be comfortable. If its uncomfortable or painful something is wrong and you should loosen it up some. My corset is only nylon boned because I made it for a school project and didnt have time to get the lovely steels stuff, I'm hoping to find a victorian corset pattern drafter online but I think thats nearly impossible to do. My body is such an odd shape that I cant buy a commercial pattern (I'm thinking butterick, I know its not really accurate and definatley not good for waist training, but I'm looking more for back support)

My measurements are 31-25-35.... so my boobs are too small for any sort of commercial corset -.-;
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
you're only 14!

They'll come, don't you worry!
Kitty
*laughs* I'm not complaining! Well. I am. But I like them small o.o; Its just that I cant get a corset that fits!
Feyliya
Just be glad that you didn't turn out the way I did, K!77y. I was a D cup by the time I was your age. blink.gif I'm a DD now and I'm staring down the barrel of reduction surgery to save my back. Not fun at all. dry.gif
Kitty
Awh, that sucks. I know alot of people with rather large chests and they hate it too. I think my mom acctually had back problems growing up, which should mean I'll inherit her chest too, but hey, I guess I just dont eat enough for my body to spare the fat. o.o;
Medae
o_O *gags* ... *shakes head* I don't understand it.
I was a D cup at 12 1/2 which is icky.
K!77Y gallery serpentine make good corsets (that where i'm getting mine) that should fit your stats

the femme fatale has a bust of 34" in the waist size 25" and that's a roomy one.
that may just sound small to me though.
Kitty
Hey thanks ^^ They're beautiful corsets but I really am looking for something that will do proper waist training, a true victorian.

And definatley dont have 300 some dollars at the moment! eeep!

I was acctually in a victorian corset size -1 (thats its modern equivalent, the victorian size was a 4) I dont know how small my waist was but it was pretty neat. The corset costs 160-180, the problem is the company is redoing their website!!

Its CHRISTMAS! WHy would you not have your website up? Ah well. I tried emailing them- no reply.
they are in australian dollars
Kitty
OOOH!.... I did not know that.... hmm.
Cavocy
I'm looking to get a corset myself, but of course I having trouble as I'm a larger size. And of course I've heard mixed notes about how if you are larger than a certain bust you shouldn't wear them and such.

And as to having smaller breasts the better for you. By the time I was 12 I was a 34 DD. I wore size 14 tops and size 6 bottoms and let me tell you that is a pain. Now I've put on quite a bit of weight and I'm a size 20 top with a 44 F (DDD in some places) and a size 16 bottom. Let me say that having to buy all of your bras in specially stores sucks. But luckily some places like Lane Bryant are starting to sell bras in large sizes that look pretty, but of course have the support of your average t-shirt and aren't meant for long periods of time.

I really want a corset! -pouts-
Misty Rain
[quote=K!77y,Dec 11 2004, 05:25 AM]
Hey thanks ^^ They're beautiful corsets but I really am looking for something that will do proper waist training, a true victorian.

And definatley dont have 300 some dollars at the moment! eeep!

Good morning K!77v

That Long Island Staylace quoted earlier on mentions C&S Constructions.
C&S have a website.
They are in a village near Bath in Southwest England not far from where we live.
I had a conversation with them last year. They were very helpful.
All their products are made to measure
Their plain basic stuff started at 190, half the price of many ready made items.
I queried this price and they said that they made a good living and a lot of stuff in the market place was overpriced.
If you deal direct with them you could cut out the middle man/woman
Just search on "C&S Creations"
Of course I realise that the present $/ exchange rate is against you but it is worth remembering for the future.

Misty Rain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.