Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corsetry
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Kitty
Looked though the site, Misty Rain, I'd definatley consider ordering something from there in the future ^^ When the extange rate goes down a bit or I get really desperate

I just notice.... I totally took over MarkSluts thread.... Sorry there!
Aria
QUOTE (Cavocy @ Dec 11 2004, 06:27 AM)
I'm looking to get a corset myself, but of course I having trouble as I'm a larger size.  And of course I've heard mixed notes about how if you are larger than a certain bust you shouldn't wear them and such.

And as to having smaller breasts the better for you.  By the time I was 12 I was a 34 DD.  I wore size 14 tops and size 6 bottoms and let me tell you that is a pain.  Now I've put on quite a bit of weight and I'm a size 20 top with a 44 F (DDD in some places) and a size 16 bottom.  Let me say that having to buy all of your bras in specially stores sucks.  But luckily some places like Lane Bryant are starting to sell bras in large sizes that look pretty, but of course have the support of your average t-shirt and aren't meant for long periods of time.

I really want a corset!  -pouts-

Buy off Ebay. Look for Alter Ego Erotics. They have larger sized corsets, and if you don't see your size up there, just email them, and they'll put one up for you. That's where I got my corset, and I would reccomend them.
Misty Rain
QUOTE (K!77y @ Dec 11 2004, 03:06 PM)
Looked though the site, Misty Rain, I'd definatley consider ordering something from there in the future ^^ When the extange rate goes down a bit or I get really desperate

And I'm sure you will creak beautifully

I just notice.... I totally took over MarkSluts thread.... Sorry there!

What's a thread?

Misty Rain - back from intimate little supper.

We are all ancient.
One guy suggested I go across Erope to the Med on the back of his motorbike.
The other suggested his cobra.
I thought bugger off on my own to Tuscany and see the david in the autumn.
(Fall to you)

Could I walk a 1000 miles in a good corset.?
A good one will hold your intestines together if the bike crashes.

Must go - drunk again.

Misty Rain
Kitty
A thread is just a topic

Hope you're having fun, Misty Rain
Misty Rain
Hope you're having fun, Misty Rain

Oh yes
Always fun

I am creaking to myself here at this very moment
Listening to Desert Island Discs.

There is a nice lady in North America who makes/sells corsets and corset patterns.
She makes a sort of boob tube for about $10 to wear under a corset . You are not supposed to wear the corset next to your skin. Your body juices stain it and rot it.

I have got a new hard disc (for the computer of course not myself) so a lot of stuff is gone. If I find the paper work I will give you her address.

I bought a corset pattern from her.
I had some lead sheet retrieved from when I demolished my porch and I thought I would make a lead corset out of it.

When it arrived I was apalled.
Having worked with drawings all my life, buildings, boats, aircraft etc I did not expect to have about 10 sizes on one sheet.
Like having everything from a phone box to a house on the same sheet on top of each other.
So the lead lies in the garden and the pattern is on the top of the wardrobe.

Must go. I have to wrap the fig trees for the winter.

Misty Rain

It's raining!
Cavocy
QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 11 2004, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (Cavocy @ Dec 11 2004, 06:27 AM)
I'm looking to get a corset myself, but of course I having trouble as I'm a larger size. And of course I've heard mixed notes about how if you are larger than a certain bust you shouldn't wear them and such.

And as to having smaller breasts the better for you. By the time I was 12 I was a 34 DD. I wore size 14 tops and size 6 bottoms and let me tell you that is a pain. Now I've put on quite a bit of weight and I'm a size 20 top with a 44 F (DDD in some places) and a size 16 bottom. Let me say that having to buy all of your bras in specially stores sucks. But luckily some places like Lane Bryant are starting to sell bras in large sizes that look pretty, but of course have the support of your average t-shirt and aren't meant for long periods of time.

I really want a corset! -pouts-

Buy off Ebay. Look for Alter Ego Erotics. They have larger sized corsets, and if you don't see your size up there, just email them, and they'll put one up for you. That's where I got my corset, and I would reccomend them.

Thanks for the recomendation. I actually got to try on a corset on Sunday because my friend and I went to the local sex shop owned by the human sexuality teacher, it was really nasty just lots of nice stuff. I really love the corset, but man talk about cleavage enhancing. I mean, my cup runth over. It is $65 and I am really thinking about getting it and they said they would order my size if I wanted, it was just so unbelievably comfortable!
cait
Wait! So let me get this straight, corsets can help your back?? Count me in please!! I always thought they were just pretty, and would likely constrict my breathing which would be bad, concidering my posture problems which already make it difficult to breathe properly.

I want a corsette!

*pouts* I want money, I need a job.
Misty Rain
I want a corsette!

Do your shoelaces up before you wear it

Misty Rain
Kitty
Corsets are sometimes reccomended by doctors if your back is aching. If you wear it all the time- though- your muscles will start to decay so theres special exercises you can do to prevent this.
markslut
Remember to put on your pointy multi-buckle boots before you
put on your corset, kiddies! Otherwise you can't bend over to buckle
your boots, and you just sit there on the bed looking slightly
confused until your roommate takes pity on you and buckles your boots
for you.
Kitty
^^ I've done that! But plastic boning bends.... though.... it still presses into your stomach. Ouch.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
My new steel boned is gorgeous!!! Pictures will be forth coming when I have the time to play with it!!

I'm lucky to be small waisted anyway - it just moves everything to a more seductive position. biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
Yup done the shoe thing to and the getting in and out of cars thing can also be fun and I'm not just talking small cars minibuses are just as bad! Remeber my little darlings bending does not work in a corset!

Snuggle can wait for photo's and when I finally get some of me in my corset I'll post them. (taps foot impaitiently waitting for photos from halloween!)
Kitty
Thats the thing I dont like about corsets. The only thing. The decreased mobility. I'm use to sitting with my leg pulled up to my chin so I can rest my head on it and with my other foot curled under me, Doesnt work so well in a corset! Plus if I'm at home I clean house alot.... Hmmph.
markslut
I know what you mean - especially driving!
Kitty
Hmm.... well I havent driven. tongue.gif *only 14*

So I found the website I was looking for the I was going to buy my corset from. The pictures dont look that cool o.0 But, their corsets look really great on everyone I've seen in one ^^

www.fantasiaclothing.com
Aria
QUOTE (markslut @ Dec 17 2004, 07:02 PM)
I know what you mean - especially driving!

Oh hell yes. I thought I was the only one who had problems with this.
Kitty
I finally got a picture of my corset.... its kinda falling apart now but its still pretty! Heh.... 21 inch waist or there abouts.

And since I still havent worked out how to get the images to show on the board.... heres the link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/jax...ty/Corseted.bmp

Edit: Okay supposodly the link doesnt work and I dunno whats wrong so.... erm.... well, sorry.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Works fine for me.

It's very pretty. smile.gif
Kitty
Yay!! *hugs Snugglebum for the compliment* *happy now*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Well - you prompted me to get off my bottom and present my pictures. biggrin.gif

I'm probably no more than half an inch less than my usual waist in these two as I really haven't had a chance to flounce around the house in it yet:

And the back has some lovely detail:

And as you can see, plenty of scope for further tightenings. biggrin.gif
Kitty
Oouuu.... nice and buckly deliciousness. ^__^ Cool tatoo, by the way!

I didnt buy my corset.... I made it, so its messed up in some places and the boning (plastic....) Is starting to poke out along the edges.... o.o;

Yours.... on the other hand.... is very nice and I wish I could buy my own corset but I'm being stingy with my money tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Cool tatoo, by the way!

Thank you! smile.gif

I'm going to look into making my own corsets - I can't afford to buy high quality ones on a regular basis and I have the know - how (and sewing machine) to do it.

Luckily, my Mum contributed the majority of the money for this one as a Christmas present.

I love my Mum. biggrin.gif
Kitty
Your mum sounds cool if she's willing to help pay for a corset like that happy.gif;

Corsetmaking isnt so hard. The one I'm in is the first I made.... you want a good tool to punch holes through the fabric for the gromments.... umm, and.... the trick I havent quite figured out is how to sew the edges o.0; Cuz of the boning and all.... my boning is starting to poke out =( !!

The other problem I had is symmetry.... my pattern was off which created some problems, and I recently noticed the the peices of boning are sortah.... sideways o.o....
Cath Sparrow
My friend started making corsets for his now xg/f (with my sewing machine dry.gif ) and he gave me this link for patterns and boning I thought it'd be usefull

Corset Stuff

This one is where the first link came from and there's some other usefull link on it if you care to search around

another usefull link
markslut
I've spotted a gorgeous corset dress but don't have the breasts for it sad.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I've spotted a gorgeous corset dress but don't have the breasts for it

Was it off Ebay? I brought one from there last month. tongue.gif
markslut
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Dec 21 2004, 11:39 PM)
I've spotted a gorgeous corset dress but don't have the breasts for it

Was it off Ebay? I brought one from there last month. tongue.gif

Was in the window of the very NWS Westward Bound shop - not found it on the site yet

Edit:

400 is a bit high but sooo prettty
Kitty
How do you.... walk....?....

You can always wear some prothstetic boobs, Markslut !! tongue.gif Though.... it still wouldnt look quite right.... Hmm....
Misty Rain
QUOTE (K!77y @ Dec 23 2004, 01:05 AM)
How do you.... walk....?....
Deliciously

You can always wear some prothstetic boobs, Markslut !! :P Though.... it still wouldnt look quite right.... Hmm....

Not just how you look.
It's also how you feel inside it and inside.

Misty Rain
Kitty
laugh.gif Deliciously!!

That is true.... if a corset doesnt fit right cuz of your lack of boobs it just wouldnt feel right. Wearing a corset reminds me of being hugged for.... the whole day. happy.gif
markslut
QUOTE (K!77y @ Dec 23 2004, 02:34 PM)
laugh.gif Deliciously!!

That is true.... if a corset doesnt fit right cuz of your lack of boobs it just wouldnt feel right. Wearing a corset reminds me of being hugged for.... the whole day. happy.gif

Hence the need for the boobs
Kitty
Take estrogen! !!
Xkitsurabamix
Tehehe! i wore the one i got for Christmas out today! (Well, actually, i got two, but this one is so...pretty!
My new Digital Camera intimidates me with the larde manual, so...here's a scan!
happy.gif;
markslut
QUOTE (K!77y @ Dec 26 2004, 10:49 PM)
Take estrogen! !!

*tries to work out how to explain that to the parental unit*

*decides to get a new job first*
Kitty
QUOTE (Xkitsurabamix @ Dec 26 2004, 07:27 PM)
Tehehe! i wore the one i got for Christmas out today! (Well, actually, i got two, but this one is so...pretty!
My new Digital Camera intimidates me with the larde manual, so...here's a scan!
happy.gif;

It iiiisss pretty!
Me likes.

QUOTE (markslut @ Dec 26 2004, 08:43 PM)
Take estrogen! !!

*laughs*
"Mom.... dad.... I've decided to take estrogen so I can grow breasts...."
" ohmy.gif "
elf
that picture is freaky. @~@

corsets scare me :X
markslut
QUOTE (K!77y @ Dec 27 2004, 01:54 AM)
QUOTE (markslut @ Dec 26 2004, 08:43 PM)
Take estrogen! !!

*laughs*
"Mom.... dad.... I've decided to take estrogen so I can grow breasts...."
" ohmy.gif "

I'll think about that one some more. TBH I could do without other things too
Kitty
Yea, I dunno. Estrogen might screw up your body a weeee lil bit. Talk to a doctor o.0

As for me.... I just had a dream about ordering a corset and then getting my throat slit o.o;
Misty Rain
QUOTE (elf @ Dec 27 2004, 02:03 AM)
that picture is freaky. @~@

corsets scare me :X

Then you are lucky that they are voluntary now and worn by enthusiasts only.

Misty Rain
Kitty
Hehe, I made a new corset and I'm rather proud of it. It gets my waist fairly tiny looking (though I just measured and it didnt take it in at all o.0) And its made out of DUCT TAPE! What could be better?

depressed lonely crazy person
looks cute
corsets if well made don't need to masivly allter your waist size make you look much smaller they seem to shift everything just right rolleyes.gif
zivane
-.- i want a new corset, and maybe one that really fits properly this time? the top area was a bit too small and then the waist just wasn't small enough -.-
saucy_tara
Im having a beautiful pvc steel boned corset with steel busk front (24 bones!!!!!) made to measure especially for meeeeeeee smile.gif
And all for the bargain price of 95!! If you look for corsets on ebay in the UK, it's Emma at Heresy who's making mine, she sells on ebay quite a lot :-)
Mata
I did the website for Snobz Corsets http://www.snobzcorsets.com , and they do very nice corsets (I got a couple for Sues as extra payment biggrin.gif ). They are redesigned styles, not the 100 year-old patterns, so they actually fit a modern figure better than the traditional ones.

K177y, nice corset, was it just held in place by the tape or was it removable? I've made corsets for people before using duct tape. If you put cling film (saran wrap I think it's called in the US) around your body then put the tape on you can carefully cut it off afterwards. Using a leather lace-hole kit you can make yourself a functioning corset. Of course, it won't be anywhere near as strong as a normal corset (unless you put reinforcement in it I suppose) so don't make it too tight, but it can give a pretty cool look for a party outfit.
Kitty
I acctually drafted a pattern for a velvet corset I wanted to make, so I had the mock up for that corset and I FINALLY got a role of duct tape after years of waiting. (for some reason my parents didnt want me to have duct tape.... I wonder why tongue.gif ) So I decided to make a duct tape corset and covered the fabric pattern.... I _did_ but 6 peices of steel boning in it, so its fairly sturdy. And there are lacing holes in the back, they're not grommented they're just punched through about 5 layers of duct tape, so they're very very sturdy. ^^;

Overall I'm proud. Except that I realise there _is_ a bit of problems with the sizing that I'm glad I worked out before I tried to make the velvet one.... Velvet is expensive tongue.gif

Also its not very comfy. I'm not sure what I did wrong this time, but it presses oddly in some places. Its only comfy for about an hour or two and then its like "AHH GET ME OUT OF THIS THING!" laugh.gif So I suppose I have a bit of work to do....

And maybe next time I'll use seran wrap for a corset tongue.gif I dont always want to be laced tightly into something. And we call it cling film here sometimes too! But my family just says 'plastic wrap' Heh tongue.gif
As a person who's worn plastic wrap as a dress in november blink.gif I can't help but warn you that if you wear just that without significant clothing underneath you get very sweaty and then your skin goes all wrinkly like in the bath so the outfit looks kind of ick......though it's something to consider if you want to go to a costume party as somone who's dead or dead in water
Where do you get steel boning BTW I've half given up on getting some allthough I was thinking about using 4mm steel or thick eg1.2mm wire in kevlar<sp wick binding.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Apr 26 2005, 02:05 PM)
Where do you get steel boning BTW I've half given up on getting some allthough I was thinking about using 4mm steel or thick eg1.2mm wire in kevlar<sp wick binding.

If you go back to the bottom of page 3 I put some links up that sell steel boning and other corsetry stuff.
Kitty
I tend to wear clothing underneath my corset. It just seems natural to me, but also because for most corsets, if you dont wear anything underneath the corset wears out alot faster and thats not something I want....

And to add to the steel boning suppliers: http://store.corsetmaking.com/Merchant2/me...&Store_Code=CMS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.