Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mata Meet - Nottingham, Uk, 22nd Jan 2005
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Queenie
*waves hand in the air* I'm staying at Casa Snoo!! And maybe plus one... they still haven't decided. dry.gif But you knew that... rolleyes.gif

No FU?! Ohhh... and maybe no Snuggles!? ohmy.gif *shakes fist at money*
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
That's fine Lea, so long as I have a vague idea that there could be someone else I'll compensate for them and then if they don't come everyone else will have more space!!
Cath Sparrow
*me puts on organising hat* Right can we get some idea's on when people are arriving (not after definate times if you dont just something to give us an idea) so we can sort out when and where to meet up. I'm going down on the friday can be there when ever on the Saturday (hope that's ok Erin) I also have quite few phone number so contact people reasonabley easily. So Mata if one of your lot who are stay in Leicester want to PM me a mobile number I should be able to contact at least 1 person in each group (groups meaning where people are staying seeing as it seems to have worked out that way) <------ *look Cath not being caotic and spaced someone might want to log this it doesn't happen very offen*
Wyvern
Oooo! Watch out folks there is an organised Cath on the rampage!!!

Aye thats fine Cath dear, I've booked my holiday from the Thursday onwards so I can deal with arrivals at any time!
Hehe one poit though, please someone come friday I might need rescuing from THE CATH!!! tongue.gif

If anyone else wants my number I believe Cath, Snoo, Smiler and Furry Mammal have it so far just PM me and I can sort it out. That way any lost persons can ask a Nottingham resident if they get misplaced, even if said resident is completely hopeless with the navigation thing! biggrin.gif

*bounces off the walls* looking forward to it now! *bouncebouncebounce*
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Dan and I will probably join you in whichever pub you choose on the Friday evening, moop will be along at some point... when his plane is landened.

I can probably take a few people on the Friday night if required, depends what anyone has planned already and tickets and such.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
nevermind...

everyone go read the "possible meet?" thread too tongue.gif
Faerieryn
Smiler is organising us. I'll have to poke him for more details. *poke*
Smiler
YAY tickets booked- We're going from St Pancras on the 11.55 getting in at 14.20
Anyone else getting that? Southerners? Londoners? WHO'S WITH US!!!!!!

*note to self, stop rabble rousing and no subverting peaceful townships to bowing down to LGG... just mere wordhip will do*
Cath Sparrow
Cool! Well I got Ryns Number so we will come meet you at station.
Smiler
Coolios, yeah Wyvern said she'd pick us up. Anyone else wants my number PM me smile.gif
Faerieryn
ME!!! (sorry cheeky Spam!)

Cath I'll give you a buzz during the week
Mata
Could a Nottingham person try and arrange a place for us to eat lunch please?

It looks like the distance is meaning that 2:30pm should be okay as long as it's near the station, and I _think_ we'll need a table for 15. If there's one or two less then there's no harm done.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Did we decided where we wanted to go?

I can go in search of somewhere right now, if I know what I'm looking for.

*is bored and wants a reason to go somewhere*
Sir Psycho Sexy
Usually small but nice ones, not big chains, support the local businesses and so on, Italian's always a winner
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Nobody minds a bit of a walk do they? Just I can't think of anywhere *that* close to the train station that fits the description.

I'll have a look around anyway. smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
From what I know of the area round the station there's not a great deal there. So If you look for something in the center (10 min walk) should be fine. Snoo contact Wyvern she may have a better having lived there longer.
Mata
The general preference is something that is a small business, but if there's no way that they can do the numbers then a pizza chain is fine. As Pat says, italian places usually have a selection of styles of dishes and at least a few veggie options so they're a good choice.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I went for a wanders and, baring in mind that it's a Saturday, I got bored of the crowds very quickly.

Cath's right, there sin't much close to the station and Nottingham, in my experience is lacking in the Italian department or the small business department.

I'll have another look on Monday maybe, unless Erin can recommend somewhere seeing as she know's the place alot better than me.
Cath Sparrow
I contacted Queenie she's still coming she'll contact you sometime soon Snoo.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
yeah, she texted me on new years day and sent me a pm a few days ago smile.gif

looking forward to seeing her again biggrin.gif
Mata
Most big cities lack small businesses in their centres these days sad.gif Oh well, Pizza Hut is an easy option, they've got salads and pasta options too, if anyone is that way inclined.
WeeJ
If people are already going to be in Nottingham pretty much all day, like Cath staying over Friday night, does that mean we can turn up pretty much whenever on Saturday? Mat and I are coming on the train at some point so he can have a drink (I'll put in for my driving test soon)

Are we doing the usual tradition of taking photo's of each others boobs? wink.gif lol
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Yeah, there will be people around from the Friday night onwards so turn up as and when you feel inclined, just let someone know.

Do you want me to see if Pizza Hut can do a table for 15 at about 2:45ish? It's not that far but you can't really rely on trains to be dead on time.
Mata
That sounds fine. Go ahead and book that. We might not have everyone there by that point, but it will give us room to manoeuvre. Thanks!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
No problem, I'll do it tomorrow.

Anyone who knows for sure if they will be there or not can you just reconfirm please?

The list I have:

Mata
Steve
Dan
Lea
Cath
Erin
SPS
Jonman
Mrs Jonman
Smiler
Ryn
Weej
Drarok
possibly Furry, nobody has heard from him since Christmas
and myself.
Faerieryn
Smiler and Myself will definitely be there from around 2ish and Pizza Hut sounds cool.
Wyvern
Eep sorry not paying attention, I think probably pizza hut is the only convienient place with enough space to house us all so seems ok to me.

I think I've already said but if anyone wants meeting Im about all day anyone wanting my number just PM me and I'll ship it on to you.

Have to admit Im looking forward to this. biggrin.gif

Poor old Nottingham does it know what to expect? hehe too late! evil.gif
WeeJ
Drarok and I will definatly be there. We might be making a slight detour and nipping into Birmingham to see if I can pick up an ipod Shuffle from the Apple shop on the way biggrin.gif:D:D

You didn't need to know that, I'm just excited about it smile.gif
Mata
Geek! biggrin.gif *points*

Who is booking the table? I'd rather not turn up and everyone have thought that someone else was doing it!
Sir Psycho Sexy
Did anyone else find their ipod earphones wore out REALLY quickly?

I mean within a couple of months? They may have good drivers, but whats the point if they can't handle the output? I got a pair for 6 in dixons and they've out lasted the original ones already!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 17 2005, 01:00 AM)
Geek! biggrin.gif *points*

Who is booking the table? I'd rather not turn up and everyone have thought that someone else was doing it!

hehe.

I am smile.gif I need to go up that way in my lunchtime anyway biggrin.gif

Getting all excited now cool.gif
Faerieryn
I spent this weekend making T shirts. I am bouncing off the walls!!!

SOd the kids nothing can bring me down this week!
Smiler
Ryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyn I still cant think of a frontage... well I can think of many but thats not appropriate wink.gif Any ideas for a t-shirt frontage oh meet people? A smiley smile to obvious or ironic? I thought in this postmodernistic modern world of posting a smile for the Smiler would look funny...?
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jan 16 2005, 09:30 PM)
Drarok and I will definatly be there. We might be making a slight detour and nipping into Birmingham to see if I can pick up an ipod Shuffle from the Apple shop on the way biggrin.gif:D:D

You didn't need to know that, I'm just excited about it smile.gif

Eeep! Snoo! keep me away from the Nottingham apple shop while I'm there or I'll be going home with an Apple Mac Mini and several hundred quid poorer blink.gif.
froggle-rock
Gnah, if I were comming I'd take you there so we consumte our e-wubbing relationship Moopybean wub.gif

Just imagine be surrounded by all those Macs *has an oreo*

/spam
Mata
Does anyone else get the impression that the feelings of several members of this board towards Apple products is slightly... unnatural?

Maybe this is where Skynet _really_ comes from...
mooooooooooopo
hehe...but look at the evidence, who's to say the PC obsessives are not just repressing their inner Mac-lust and that Appledom is the intended norm.

Look at the evidence, not only does it look teh sexay but it's easy to use and runs Darwin (which is basically BSD UNIX) under the hood <3.

Suits people who want a nice looking computer, people who want a usable computer, people who just plain hate windows and people who want a (basically) UNIX box that looks nice.

*returns to slavering over Mac Mini*
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
one table at pizza hut booked.

2:45 on Saturday for 15.

I need to ring to confirm everyone will be there on Saturday morning so can y'all just yay or nay to let me know by 10am on Saturday if you'll be there for lunch.

Queenie, Cath, Wyvern, Dan, Moop and I are definates, I'm assuming Mata, Ryn and Smiler are.
Pat, Weej & co, Finn, Mr & Mrs Jonman I need a yay!!
Faerieryn
Pizza!!!!!

POint me in the right direction and I'll be there.
Mata
Considering Mr and Mrs Jonman are travelling with me, Sues, and PVCFairy then that's a whole bunch more people who will be there.

Damn, I forgot to add those to the list.

Er... I guess we're now on 17 proposed attendees. Yay!

WE NEED TO ARRANGE A MEET-UP POINT!

Shall we say that we meet at the train station at 2:30? Where is an obvious place in the station to meet? Preferably somewhere that serves tea smile.gif

Also, what's the address of the Pizza Hut? This will be handy for people who turn up late.
Lola the SMEXY KittenFish
To (more than) slightly change the subject...

...will there still be Mata Meets in 5 or more years?

I sure hope so...I want to meet all of you guys and have it be legal for me to leave the country alone...happy.gif
Wyvern
WE NEED TO ARRANGE A MEET-UP POINT!

Shall we say that we meet at the train station at 2:30? Where is an obvious place in the station to meet? Preferably somewhere that serves tea smile.gif

Right 2:30 at the train station aye!
As for somewhere that serves tea there's Pumpkin but that might get confusing as there are two on the platforms.
It might be easier to meet at the main entrance, there's and AMT stand some seating and to make it Really obvious a bit mosaic circle in the middle. We could see how many will fit on it at once? tongue.gif
Also, what's the address of the Pizza Hut? This will be handy for people who turn up late.

Correct me if Im thinking of the wrong place Snoo but its directly on the main market square.
Turn right outside the train station keep going straight ahead through the broadmarsh shopping centre and then straight on some more to the square. It has a big white council house and some lions if it helps but there should be signposts (I hope). If in doubt ring someone Im more than happy to do stray forumite retrieval! tongue.gif
...will there still be Mata Meets in 5 or more years?

Well everyone seems persistant enough Im sure something could be arranged. Think how many potential new members could be corrupted in five years! By corrupted I mean...ah, no sadly I cant really make that sound any better so corruption stands. blink.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
the address is:

34 Long Row, Nottingham, NG1 2DR

If anyone thinks they may be turning up late then best thing to do is, like wyvern suggested, ring someone.
If anyone wants my mobile number PM me.

AMT is better than Pumpkin because there is only one and it's in the entrance.

I guess I'll be going back to Pizza Hut on Wednesday then, although at this rate I'm not so sure about Furry. Jaq phoned him yesterday and got voice mail and I texted him last week and haven't had a reply. I'm starting to get worried, will ring him tomorrow if nobody has heard anything.
Wyvern
I guess I'll be going back to Pizza Hut on Wednesday then, although at this rate I'm not so sure about Furry. Jaq phoned him yesterday and got voice mail and I texted him last week and haven't had a reply. I'm starting to get worried, will ring him tomorrow if nobody has heard anything.

Would enticement work perhaps?
Tell him I promise to bring cookies for the dear mammal and not bounce too much, he may resurface. tongue.gif

Just a thought Snoo Im off on Thursday let me know the details and I can confirm numbers for you if its easier on the legs!
Mata
Wait until Saturday to confirm numbers, it's probably not much more effort to reserve a table for a couple more than it already is for fifteen. I'd rather not have you trotting backwards and forwards every day because the numbers keep fluctuating!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
hehe it's no problem, my lectures are pretty near the city center and I almost always walk past it once or twice in my lunch breaks.

I'll leave it until Saturday unless I feel like torturing myself with the smell of freshly cooked pizza on Wednesday biggrin.gif

EDIT:
map for anyone who wants to know, ignore the directions because they only apply for cars, on food you can go pretty directly from A-Z biggrin.gif
WeeJ
I've been to Nottingham before and I have a rather strong feeling that the train station is rather far away from any type of city centre.

I could be wrong though. It's been a while since I've mooched around Nottingham.
Daedalus
From what I remember it's about a 15ish minute walk to the town centre, which isn't really that bad.

Snoo? Wyvern? Sure you've got a better idea about that than I have.
Queenie
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 17 2005, 01:00 AM)

Or just turn up at Pizza Hut and it be the wrong one!? *coughs-WeeJ-cough* tongue.gif

I'm very excited for't weekend!! Snoo's been sent randomness since sunday!! But yea... i'll ring Snoo when i get to Notts and then wait at the train station... if no-one meets me i'm sure the train station will be accomadating?! unsure.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Queenie @ Jan 18 2005, 04:56 PM)
Or just turn up at Pizza Hut and it be the wrong one!? *coughs-WeeJ-cough* tongue.gif

That wasn't my fault! It was the peon on the phone who gave me the wrong address!!! I wonder if there weill ever ben another Birmingham meet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.