Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jaq Matameet, Jaqmeet, Matajaqmeet, Matamejaqet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'd offer to drive but my licence doesn't cover minibuses. Stupid rules... grr!

I'd love to come though and would be willing to pay for minibus-ness!
Greeneyes
I'm an unlikely vague maybe-ish, with a teaspoon of doubtfulness. Sort of.
FurryMammal
QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Dec 13 2004, 05:17 PM)
I'm an unlikely vague maybe-ish, with a teaspoon of doubtfulness. Sort of.

Ditto most of that, kinda
CommieBastard
The more I think about the minibus idea, the more fun it sounds. Fear and Loathing in Glasgow, anybody?
Tarantio
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 13 2004, 07:02 PM)
The more I think about the minibus idea, the more fun it sounds. Fear and Loathing in Glasgow, anybody?

Ooh! Ooooooh! I'll set up some bats on the outskirts of the city at random points, just for you guys! Just be sure and pick up Tobey McGuire on the way wink.gif
the lil' pie fairy
Hehe...sounds like a plan! Don't be worrying, Tara, if you can't help with floors. I'm sure we can save up enough for B&B in the half a year or so until then.
Pretty sure...maybe. I despise being a student, sometimes sad.gif
Mr Fuzzy
Hmm. I've just been looking up the details of minibus entitlement. It looks like it stopped being a part of normal licenses from January 1997. How many people does that leave who qualify to drive one?

Edit: Actually it looks like people without it may be able to under some circumstances. DVLA on minibusses.
Cath Sparrow
Unfortunatly it doesn't count me out but that a bit irrelevant isn't it. dry.gif
Phyllis
Okay, so! While turning green with envy over the whole meet thing, I decided to figure out how much it'd cost me to study abroad in the UK...and well. I found a program that costs half of what the program in Costa Rica does...so! I'd be able to actually afford to be there with the money I would save on program costs without dying from a raped wallet...too much, anyway.

I am seriously thinking of doing it. If I don't, I will not be able to make it to the UK for at least 3 years, and to be honest I've always wanted to go there more than Costa Rica, even before knowing you lovely people. Plus! Jaq won't be there in 3 years...and I will have the opportunity to go to Costa Rica after I graduate.

I'd be there from late June to Mid-August, and the cheapest program I've found thus far is quite close to Glasgow...so...count me as a maybe. If I find one that is further away and thus requires minibus travel, I would of course be willing to pitch in, but I do not even have an American driver's license yet, so I do not think you want me to drive!

Also, I've been talking with people who probably can't make it (ie, Cath), and it's quite possible that I can meet up with them sometime else throughout the summer as in the program I'm currently thinking about, classes only meet twice a week (woo I'll get all of 5 credits...hehe would be the same in Costa Rica or pretty much anywhere else though since I'm doing a summer program...I'm going for the experience, not to stress over finals! tongue.gif )
Cath Sparrow
Much Yayness!
the lil' pie fairy
That's brill, cand! Two matazonians from over the pond...at once! smile.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Dec 20 2004, 03:20 AM)
That's brill, cand! Two matazonians from over the pond...at once! smile.gif

Yeah! I'm very excited because I've never left the states before. I've been squealing at random intervals and saying, "I'm going to Europe!!!" biggrin.gif
EvilSpork
Too bad I'm not going, eh? tongue.gif
Wyvern
Im not 100% sure this question hasn't already been answered, probably when I go back and check I'll find it has and I know its a really long way in advance to ask but do we have an approximate time slot for this yet?

Only asking because I have to warn my boss quite a way in advance!
Although if new years resolution pans out I might not have to worry about that bit tongue.gif *crosses fingers*

(if it has been mentioned already just ignore me, I'll find it eventually and then go blush in a corner somewhere)
Jaq
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Jan 6 2005, 06:36 AM)
Im not 100% sure this question hasn't already been answered, probably when I go back and check I'll find it has and I know its a really long way in advance to ask but do we have an approximate time slot for this yet?

Only asking because I have to warn my boss quite a way in advance!
Although if new years resolution pans out I might not have to worry about that bit  tongue.gif  *crosses fingers*

(if it has been mentioned already just ignore me, I'll find it eventually and then go blush in a corner somewhere)

I think it's already been mentioned but I believe it's the last weekend in July. Someone thwap me if I'm wrong.
Phyllis
Nope, you're right Jaq! It's the last weekend in July.
Wyvern
Thankee kindly Im afraid I seem to have missed that bit twice now! blink.gif

*hides head in shame*

Now to book the time off, get saving and find out all the necessities like travel and accomodation and things!

Whoohoo! I've never been to Scotland!
Pikasyuu
[SIZE=1]Minibus? Oi tongue.gif

Hey, if that ever happens to me, can't I just .. show up at Mata's door via friend or something? Excuse the crazystalkervibe, it was completely unintentional.
[/SIZE=1]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.