Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Just Nearly Had A Heart Attack
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
hinsley
hey, if you pause the anamation LGG still blinks. it was well scary. I TELL YA IT WAS SCARY.
kaytee83
Firstly, you can pause them?

Secondly, she does still blink. But it's only on your computer. Wanna know why? Because you're next! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
hinsley
right click and click on play so the tick goes.
Mata
That's because the blinking is an individual movie clip embedded within the main root timeline...

It's a bit difficult to explain, but I'll give it a go...

You've got a thing called the root timeline, this starts at frame 1 of the animation and ends at (for example) frame 200.

You then have things called movie clips, these are little timelines all to themselves where you can animate things happening. Once they get to the end they start playing from the beginning again automatically.

Everything plays at the same frame rate, so if you put your movie clip into your root timeline they will both be playing.

So if I had a static picture of a head in the root timeline and put a 40 frame long movie clip of an eye with the last four frames as a blink graphic then every 40 frames the eye will blink, so in 200 frames the head would blink five times.

When you pause an animation the movie clips continue playing but the root timeline stops. If you pause Samuri Lapin animations in some places then he will continue running without actually moving anywhere smile.gif
hinsley
im gonna go try that now. sounds funny!!!
prezgfish
funny little thing to add to anims even by accidentor without purpose
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.