Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Years Resolutions?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
saucy_tara
So, after this awful episode of being really very ill I've decided to give up smoking.
I can't see myself giving anything else up for new year else I'll have no vices left!! wink.gif

So anyone else going to give anything up?
Sir Psycho Sexy
I think I might give up whining about how bored I am all the time....or find something to entertain myself with....either or
markslut
*wishes tara luck with the non-smoking*

I don't have a resuloution, failed misribly on last years moving out plans. But I do intend to think a lot of things over about the nature of me and what I want to do with my life

and move out if at all possible!
Tarantio
thanks, I don't reckon I should have much problem, I haven't smoked in almost 21 years!

...Oh, right... dry.gif

Uh, I usually resolve to resolve to do something next year. Its a good reusable one that I came up with a few years back when I realised that I already led a perfect life.

whaaaaaat? blink.gif
kisah
I'm going to resolve to become so perfect that I don't have to make any resolutions next year. :-D
beleraphon
I try and stop biting my nails every year, and fail by about the 5th of Jan, when I see my post binge bank statement!
Perhaps I should resolve to be more sensible with my spending?
Tarantio
going to the root of the problem, eh? Good sound logic that. Maybe it would be easier, though, to just not look at the post binge bank statement? wink.gif
Black-Wings
I'm going to resolve to stop being such a pervy, dirty cow next year.. uhuh... I tried it last week but gave up after 2 days and so decided that mayb it would be better to start in the new year...

Oh, and I also resolve to pratise the piano more and stop going on the computer so much... I swear it just weakens the fingers....
gothictheysay
I should make a new year's resolution, but I always either forget them or break them. I tend to make resolutions mid-year instead of at a set time... and come up with a variety of excuses to get out of making one...
Usurper MrTeapot
I don't remember enough of the year to make a New Years Resolution.

I guess my targets are to pass A2s and go to Uni.
LoLo
I don't make New Years resolutions because I always seem to fail at them, but oddly enough I seem to try and make my life a bit better and different at this time of year.
Righteous
The way I see it, Lo, is that with people talking about resolutions, a lot of pressure is put on the person to, say, give up smoking. It was like that for me during Lent. I lasted like two days before I had to light up. I figure now that if I want to break a habit, it shouldn't be due to a holiday of some sort.
Phyllis
QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 19 2004, 09:19 PM)
I don't make New Years resolutions because I always seem to fail at them, but oddly enough I seem to try and make my life a bit better and different at this time of year.

Same here, Lo. My life always seems to be changing around now anyway, so I end up resolving just to make this year better than the last.

2005 is going to be my year, damn it. I've decided.
Jonman
My New Year Resolution is not to make any New Year Resolutions.

It's perfect. New Year Resolutions are a load of old cobblers, that are doomed to failure at some point. So I may as well start out with one that's self-defeating, and save myself the effort.
Mata
When I have made a resolution I've always stuck to it, although it's usually been something fun to do such as 'sell some artwork this year'.

Next year I plan to get my stuff stocked in shops in the US. I also plan to nag Hobbes (from these forums and who I have known online for years) to eventually come out to a meet-up. I also intend to start an addiction to a harmless chemical of some sort, so that I have something more interesting to put down as a resolution next time.
Jonman
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 20 2004, 10:57 AM)
I also intend to start an addiction to a harmless chemical of some sort, so that I have something more interesting to put down as a resolution next time.

Dihydrogen oxide? Sodium chloride?
exceptional1709
Harmless chemical? You're only meant to have 6g of sodium chloride a day, otherwise you're at risk of getting some disease or other, and if you have LOADS, it poisons you. tongue.gif Though I suppose that's the same with anything really nowadays.
the lil' pie fairy
Umm...to do some exercise and drink the glasses of water every day...I think it's 8?
And to try and fight my mood swings.
LoLo
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 20 2004, 02:57 AM)
I also intend to start an addiction to a harmless chemical of some sort, so that I have something more interesting to put down as a resolution next time.

Caffiene is always a good one for this. tongue.gif
gothictheysay
Caffiene is always a good one for this.

However, a little hard to kick...
Mata
I'm already caffeine free. I decided I didn't want that sort of chemical floating around in me, so the only time that I knowingly have it these days is in pain killers or when there is no other drink option.
Kitty
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 20 2004, 02:42 PM)
I'm already caffeine free. I decided I didn't want that sort of chemical floating around in me, so the only time that I knowingly have it these days is in pain killers or when there is no other drink option.

Theres caffine in pain killers?

I dont do new years resolutions for a few reasons.
1) I always seem to end up a better person at the end of the year becuase the way I live is a constant battle for self improvement
2) I'm really bad at sticking to rules, especially the ones I set for myself. Unless it be something crazy like.... not sleeping?
3) Theres something I have against it, I'm not sure what it is but something inside says "dont set a new years resolution" So I stick to that little voice. Plus I dont like many things planned.... ....
Righteous
Yeah, K!77y. Anything that says "non-drowsy" has caffine in it.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I generally don't do resolutions. The usual is to treat my body a little better, less drinking/smoking/more exercise etc...

All the best to you though, Saucy. I have the upmost respect for anyone even contemplating giving up cigarettes - it's not easy.
Forever Unknown
Good going, Saucy. Best of luck.

I'm not really one for New Years resolution. Last year's was to lose a good deal of weight, which I accomplished to an extent. This coming year I hope to finish that off. I think I might learn how to sew, because that seems fun.
Quoth(The Raven)
Why should I promise to keep a promise I know I'm gonna break? laugh.gif
voices_in_my_head
I promised myself to get better at doing nothing...
really, I want to actully find a hobby for myself-you know, my talent.
a_line_in_your_book
Good luck there Tara-i sincerely hope you manage to kick the habit...i've heard that herbal tea works wonders with the stress. smile.gif
For myself? I was thinking perhaps along the same lines as last year. Last year i made a resolution to start and stick to a diary all year long and for the first time ever it actually succeeded! Now it's just sooo much fun to read back on...it's hard to believe i was so immature as little as a year ago. Of course-i'm sure this time next year if i keep to my diary-writing again, i'll look back and think exactly the same thing. biggrin.gif
Also another thing i should really do sometime this year... blink.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Dec 20 2004, 08:53 PM)
This coming year I hope to finish that off. I think I might learn how to sew, because that seems fun.

Not as much fun as learning how to saw. Mmmm, timber.
El Nino
Good luck Tara.
Ashbless
Eh, the only one I'm contemplating is to start swimming on a regular basis. Good luck with those with more difficult resolutions.

Tylenol #3's have codiene and caffiene with their acetaminophen. A bit of trivia from school.
Aria
I want to learn how to leatherwork, and silversmith.
Wyvern
Hmm, I have so many but I think the major one is this...ahem *clears throat*

To gleefully resign from my naff, dead end job and pluck up the courage to sign on and actually attend a local welding course, then go forth and harass galleries into admitting defeat and showing my work. unsure.gif

Hmm this may be several years worth of resolutions, hehe reduces the need to make any for a while. tongue.gif
BeautifulDisgrace
Best of luck Wyvern biggrin.gif Mine..is..odd I guess you can say. It's to break up with my current bf and just start over..Totally fresh. Nicer, Sweeter, Less selfish, new hair cut...you get the picture.
Greeneyes
QUOTE (Jonman @ Dec 20 2004, 10:25 AM)
My New Year Resolution is not to make any New Year Resolutions.

Amen. What good is a new years resolution if it's not a paradox? Do you also give up Christian traditions for Lent?
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Dec 20 2004, 12:56 AM)

ditto ph34r.gif

Also, to keep a proper sleeping pattern for more than a week. mellow.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (crazymat @ Dec 23 2004, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Dec 20 2004, 12:56 AM)

ditto ph34r.gif

Also, to keep a proper sleeping pattern for more than a week. mellow.gif

Ditto to passing Exams and getting to Uni or that you don't remember much of the year biggrin.gif ?

I too should keep a sleeping pattern, I can go from no sleep/little sleep to long periods in bed.
markslut
Add get a new job to mine - I'm paid less then the Receptionist for all the work I am expected to do!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Dec 23 2004, 08:17 PM)
Ditto to passing Exams and getting to Uni or that you don't remember much of the year biggrin.gif ?

I too should keep a sleeping pattern, I can go from no sleep/little sleep to long periods in bed.

Mainly the exams one... tongue.gif
McKillem
I dont have any lol.
i do smoke tho....i tried quitting, now im like ill quit whem im in my coffin.
Calantyr
I'm trying to give up stupidity.

Unfortunately it's a hard habit to kick.
Aria
I'm going to amend my resolution: Next year, specifically next new years, I will not get drunk and dance with a guy who I know likes me, but I'm not sure if I like him.
Feyliya
I resolve to be naked with Matazonians more often! Last night was great!

I also resolve to go back to college. Don't know what major, but I resolve to go back.
gothictheysay
I resolve to be naked with Matazonians more often! Last night was great!

...hee. biggrin.gif

I usually don't make successful resolutions, but I resolve to make this year better than the last. But 2005 just can't be worse than 2004. I hope. tongue.gif
PsychWardMike
I don't know. I guess I should resolve to not get banned and be nicer to people in general. That would be a good place to start. Apart from that? Finish my books, write more poetry, get more in shape.
exceptional1709
My father's resolution was "to get in shape, and eat more chocolate." How does that work?
Smiler
Let me see... nope broken that one, oo and that one, haven't smoked yet but the dont anyway so thats redundant... Not to good at this and its only day 2. Get back to me in a month or two???
Smiler
QUOTE (BeautifulDisgrace @ Dec 23 2004, 02:34 PM)
Mine..is..odd I guess you can say. It's to break up with my current bf and just start over..

Hmmm actually, reading back, I'm thinking many of my mates would make my resolution for me and use trhe above as their base although swapping bf w/gf obviously...
saucy_tara
Yeah I've already broken mine.... unsure.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
*spanks* naughty Tara!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.