Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Left Of My Hometown
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
leopold
Oh maaaann, that's not good sad.gif

Maybe ya had better hang out at my place fer a bit...
MistressAlti
I would, hon, but I think maybe this time I'll be able to be there and comfort those I love. Even though I'm probably just as (or more) terrified than they are.
leopold
Prolly not a bad idea... plus flights to here ain't cheap...

I hope yer all right though... I'll be thinkin of ya honey smile.gif
MistressAlti
Thanks leo.
gerbilfromhell
i jus saw that in the news. hope everyone's ok missy sad.gif *hugs missy*
MistressAlti
Thanks gerbil.
Mata
Since I don't have any words (I know, me... without the words... Who would have thought it possible) to encompass what's happened to your town I'll just send my thoughts and the traditional virtual *hugs*
poppa.moo
Damn Missy, i'm real sorry to hear of all this. I hope everyone is ok... i din't really know what to say apart from my heart goes out to you all over there, and am praying you are all fine. sad.gif *Big Hugs*
prezgfish
whoa thats one huge bi o wind

one advantage to livin in scotland

sure the weather sucks but it dont try to kill you

hope your friends and family all come out of this ok
MistressAlti
Thanks Mata, moo, p-fish.
talking to faeries
God, that is really terrible, I'm glad that your family and friends are all ok
prezgfish
QUOTE (talking to faeries @ May 6 2003, 01:27 PM)
God, that is really terrible, I'm glad that your family and friends are all ok

prods talking to fairys
talking to faeries
giggles

Are you stalking me or summit...following me around, waiting behind a corner maybe til I think I'm all safe and sound...and then...PROD
prezgfish
QUOTE (talking to faeries @ May 6 2003, 02:27 PM)
giggles

Are you stalking me or summit...following me around, waiting behind a corner maybe til I think I'm all safe and sound...and then...PROD

.... eh noo ....

prod
talking to faeries
ok...I'm just paranoid then

giggle
prezgfish
QUOTE (talking to faeries @ May 6 2003, 02:30 PM)
ok...I'm just paranoid then

giggle

ok wont prod this time here have an ice cream
MistressAlti
Thanks faeries
ravein
I am soooooo sorry sweetie.. this is all thats been on the news here... the same storm system is moving through here today sad.gif so we are keeping our fingers crossed that nothing goes south. I hope everyone you know is okay, let me know if you need anything.
MistressAlti
Thanks ravein, everyone I know is still alive, although some are missing houses. Most everything I know is secondary reports from news or friends with power/telephone lines that work. I'll able to assess how bad things are for myself when I get back in town on Thursday. Hopefully the pictures are as bad as things get...

>crosses fingers<

Hopefully none of that crappy weather hits you. >hugs<
ravein
yeah I am a bit worried... a tornado almost took out my parents house several times when I was growing up.. it would skip over it and destroy the rest of the street... it is a very,very scary thing to see. It is going to be rough going over the next few weeks for everyone. I know some people in Memphis that just moved into there house and winds took the roof off... I moved all my pets to the down stairs neighbors appartment this morning, I figure if somethign does happen while Im at work they will be safer there. So I have two dogs, two cats, two Geckos and two frogs chillin in my neighbors bathtub smile.gif
Seriously though Missy if you need to talk let me know.. I have been though this, I know how hard it can be sad.gif
MistressAlti
This was my first actual close call with a tornado... the last time, it barely touched down over a car dealership. Sent cars flying everywhere, but that was the extent of the damage, I think. Not like this time, where it tore up everything. >sighs<
prezgfish
have you heard from all your friends yet
MistressAlti
Sorry for bringing the thread back to the top (I know it's depressing... )

I've heard from most of my friends through other people. Most of them I've yet to talk to personally, but I intend on making rounds when I get home this weekend.

Another low point though, one of my friends here at Academy lost his house. He lives across the state, so news of it only reached him a few minutes ago. The tornado didn't get it, but it was destroyed by high winds, flooding, and tree damage.

Keep all the victims in your prayers/thoughts/wishes/whatever, if you would, please.
Free Psycho
<promises> Poor people...
cheese is funny
all the victems have been in my prayers and thoughts since i heard about this... chin up missy, things will get better in time
poppa.moo
It's the least i can do alti, my thoughts are with you and all concerned.
prezgfish
hope everything turns out for the best in the end

although it may be a while off

just remember things will get better and you will all be happy again

tradgedy only makes the soul stronger through survival
MistressAlti
Thank you all.
racingaway13
ok, i am very sorry about this all, but i cant say i know what this is like, the only kinda time ive been even close to this kind of disaster was when a small tornado almost touched down on my street, so i dunno about having one's house distroyed or having friends who have had their houses distroyed. also, about leo and your mass murder town... now whats this about spoons? i think i may have missed somethign... did they seriously disallow knives? i mean thats kinda weird... also, what mass murders? would we have heard of these mass murders? oh well, im probably just acting like a stupid noob right now but honestly, give me a break i missed alot
MistressAlti
thanks for your sympathy racing, even if you can't relate.
MistressAlti
Dammit.

Again I resurrect this thread, because once again I ask for your good wishes/prayer/thoughts/etc.

There is a tornado on the ground right now. If it continues at current speed and direction, it will be on top of me in half an hour.

I need to go round up my cats and get things to the basement now, and I'll be back when it's over, good or bad... might be a few days if it's bad though...
LoLo
**sends good thoughts to missy**

We are under tornado watch here in cali at this very moment as well.........very odd.
craziness
*another reason to love NY*

good luck missy i love you!
Mr Fuzzy
Yipe. Cats are ornery. Hope you get them all in.
Good luck.
MistressAlti
Tornado dissipated over the state border. I got lucky this time. However, over 100 people were injured in an Oklahoman tornado, and another tornado hit in Kansas. Peace and hope to all the survivors...
leopold
OMG!!!!!

Missy, I'm so sorry this is happenin to ya... I really wish I could make it all stop for ya... I'm glad yer still safe, an yer still in me thoughts *hugs*
MistressAlti
Thanks leo...

It's funny, I've lived in the Midwest US my entire life and never had such a problem with actual tornadoes. I mean, we've always had severe storms, but I think there were only 2 tornado warnings I'd ever experienced before this past week.

So ironic.
LoLo
I'm glad that you're ok and that it avoided you.......just great thats all I can say!
MistressAlti
You know what? Living in the Midwest US sucks.
ravein
(((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))
**Passing bottle again**
Ill drink to that... the mid atlantic sucks too sweetie... *dodging lightening bolts*
leopold
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 9 2003, 08:09 PM)

It sounds like it...

The worst we ever get over here is a few stiff breezes an a lot of rain... mebbe ya should come live over here? I bet Inky might be happy about that if nowt else... biggrin.gif
leopold
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ May 8 2003, 03:38 AM)
about leo and your mass murder town... now whats this about spoons? i think i may have missed somethign... did they seriously disallow knives? i mean thats kinda weird... also, what mass murders? would we have heard of these mass murders?

LMAO!! laugh.gif The spoons were a joke... dun worry bout it!

In fact we had three mass murderers in our neck o the woods... first we had Ian Brady an Myra Hindley (The Moors Murderers) who went round killin kids in the 60s... here's some info on those guys

Then very recently we had Dr Harold Shipman. Or Dr Death as he is now known. He's believed to have killed close on 400 people, makin him the most prolific murderer in history! More on him here!

This is not funny, nor is it voyeuristic... I post these as general interest. If this kinda thing freaks ya out then please dun read em.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (leopold @ May 9 2003, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 9 2003, 08:09 PM)

It sounds like it...
The worst we ever get over here is a few stiff breezes an a lot of rain... mebbe ya should come live over here? I bet Inky might be happy about that if nowt else... biggrin.gif

Trust me, if I had the means to get over there and support myself, I'd be there already. Perhaps sometimes in the next decade I'll make it over... until then... I'm stuck. sleep.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.