Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mata Mata Everywhere!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
NoName4444
it was really cool today. I was in the dining hall at my college, and I saw some goth guy. Course the first thing i thought was, "I wonder if he's seen lgg." A second later, his girlfriend (it appeared) walked over to him, and was wearing a mitten's shirt! I was like omfg, that's so cool. But yea, right now Mata's counter is up to 331,877... that's a lots of peeps.

So yea, where has everyone else seen traces of Mata, or have meet random peeople who would understand if you told them you could smell their brains ph34r.gif
LoLo
I have yet to see one of Mata's shirt in my poser town. They wouldn't know a real goth if the spiked collar hit them in the face.
gerbilfromhell
for some reason, everyone i ask has seen matazone but never wears a t-shirt or talks about it. and they're some of the members on this forum. i guess they consider matazone to cultish for conformist manhatten.... damn conformists.
Smallsam
They wouldn't know a real goth if the spiked collar hit them in the face.

dude, that would hurt a lot... huh.gif
Mata
I have sent quite a few t-shirts to NY so they are around, it's just a really big city!

NY and SF are my biggest locations in the US, east coast cynics and west coast hippies both liking the same thing? Scandalous.
Jonman
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 3 2003, 11:08 AM)
NY and SF are my biggest locations in the US, east coast cynics and west coast hippies both liking the same thing? Scandalous.

I'm working on Seattle. The Conform, Consume Obey message of the Snaffleburger get's regular outings aboard my back, but this place is perhaps a tad too straightlaced to consider satire like that.

Or maybe I'm just not going to the right places....

I'm still waiting for someone to recognise it and approach me so that I can namedrop...

"Mata? Yeah, I knew him from way back before he was famous. He used to be a chimneysweep back then. Of couse, these days, he has trained meerkats to clean his chimney for him - the trappings of celebrity, eh? At least he hasn't forgotten who his friends are. Only last week, I got a big package of bubble wrap in the post from him. Bless."
LoLo
Hey not all Californians are hippies! We just like hugging tress and stuff. haha
spuglet
it really is terrible. i have never EVER seen anyone in a t-shirt from here. granted i dont have one yet..and no-one knew of this wonderful world until i told them but still.....
i do live in such a backwards place. its so unfair.
witchblade_babe
if i saw one in the one block wonder i live in i think i'd eather die from shock or laughing so hard b/c the people here are all wantabes and it tickes me off dry.gif . only thing they good at is the whole cowboy/ country people thing. its sad isnt it that we a 500 people school have the highest pragancy(sp?) rate in the state. though we actualy have a group of goths in my school i laugh anyway.. i'd be friends with them if they was true ph34r.gif blink.gif oh well
LoLo
Would they know what a goth was if a spiked collar hit them in the eye?
LoLo
Just have to say, damn I'm already up to the worrying stage......My homework is suffering! Oh well I have no life won't take me much time to catch back up.
gerbilfromhell
who cares about homework? ohhhh right the world does.... dammit... then i've got about a year of homework to do..... dry.gif
NoName4444
hehe, I got so backed up in hw, I was on my computer for close to 8 hours straight doing homework and coding. In the end, it got me carpal tunnel syndrom! Moral of the story is.... I dono, but I still have a lot of hw to do, and now I have a gimp hand... sad.gif
craziness
homework.......OH thats the thing i do at 3 every morning right?
Industrial Kybosh
I've never seen evidence of Mata fandom in my hometown - that's why I try extra hard to spread the word, using the powers of my Mittens and Mr. Snaffleburger T-shirts!

Don't fret too much about the homework. It doesn't matter if you leave it till the last minute - that's why God made coffee!
gerbilfromhell
tell that to my parents. PLEASE!
craziness
haha the way i get away with it is i have a "computer room" small isolated little dark hole with many wires crossing through it. i hide in there. all day. then i do my hw when nobody is awake and i have nothing to do. my parents are sleeping and they think i already did it. haha dumbasses.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 3 2003, 06:08 AM)

Don't forget us US Midwest hilbillies, Mata, we're as crazy as the rest of them! blink.gif
witchblade_babe
QUOTE (LoLo @ Mar 3 2003, 04:39 PM)
Would they know what a goth was if a spiked collar hit them in the eye?

all but one guy i do believe so(not even sure bout him but does pull off the goth look well) tis very sad waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i want outa here ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
gerbilfromhell
noooo! don't go! sad.gif
acidteardrop
nope, no mata peeps here. however whenever i meet someone i convert them to mataism. i also write Conform, Consume, OBEY! on everything, usually with a little text on the bottom saying matazone.co.uk
but no, no people walking around in mata tshirts or anything, though i do occasionally hear matazone quotes from people ive converted.
deadlyinbedly
I think a lot of you are pretty unfair people......your generalising your whole towns when you can't know what EVERYONE is like.....

perhaps they have no interest in Matazone or anything associated with it because they have more important things to than order pricey items from the internet when they can get a plain shirt or the like for much less.....

and yes, I know some people buy expensive brand clothes for appearances sake only....but then you are judging these people...calling them posers....when that is what some of you accuse them of being.....so Id just like to end by sayin....hypocrisy.....
acidteardrop
deadly...why are you hear if your just going to bash everyone? ive looked at your _8_ posts and i see mostly trolling like posts. they havetheir opinions of other people, no matter how biased. i think you could find a nicer way of saying "your all hypocrites". btw...do you know what hypocrite means? a lot of people use the word cos it sounds fancy and offensive...and it didnt seem to me to work in context...so your just making youself sound worse.

my unbiased input/suggestion
deadlyinbedly
yes I do......these people are judging people who 'pose' as they call it.....when in other posts the same people accuse others of judging them....making them hypocrites.......

easy enough isnt it? glad I could sort out your confusion
deadlyinbedly
and im not hear simply to bash people......but many people in this forum seem to live in their own little worlds where theirs is the only will that matters.....some of them need to be woken up , you included....

ps, sorry for the double post but sometimes inspiration grabs me a second or 2 too late
deadlyinbedly
QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Nov 23 2003, 06:14 PM)
my unbiased input/suggestion

also, you didnt make a suggestion.
Polocrunch
Ah. I see this is Official Thread Resurrection Week.
acidteardrop
yep. i made it so too, watch as i resurrect many dead threads. I AM THE NECROMANCER!
gerbilfromhell
ok, for those of you that didn't get it, when we posted those generalisations, most (i'd say all, but i'm not going to speak for everyone since, even though i think i'm sure of what they meant, i could be wrong. i seriously doubt it though) of us were joking. somehow i doubt that mata views all NYCers as cynics and all californians as hippies. i definitelly don't view all NYCers as conformists.

come on, it's a joke, take it that way.

oh, and polo: you mean no one told you?

come on polo, be a conformist and ressurect a thread today! biggrin.gif
Jaq
I don't think I've seen any Mata T's around here, except for the people I know. We've probably bought around 5 or 6 t shirts among us...

I wore my Mr. SB t shirt shopping once and the perky clerk made me turn around to read the back. She really didn't get it. So she read it again. She had the blankest look on her face... heh heh heh
CrissiLove
lol I haven't ever seen anyone here wearing one of Mata's shirts either.... I have shown mine to my family and friends. They didn't exactly jump up and race to get their own.... Silly people.... lol JJ

I was just wondering about one of your friends who used to come on here sometimes, Jaq... at least I think she was one of your friends in RL. That, or I'm just crazy and making stuff up in my head.... lol smile.gif Jicama...? Did you lock her up in a closet somewhere and refuse to let her come play here anymore...? tongue.gif JJ!
Jaq
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Nov 23 2003, 04:27 PM)
I was just wondering about one of your friends who used to come on here sometimes, Jaq... at least I think she was one of your friends in RL. That, or I'm just crazy and making stuff up in my head.... lol smile.gif Jicama...? Did you lock her up in a closet somewhere and refuse to let her come play here anymore...? tongue.gif JJ!

Nah. She was smart or something and decided that here was a little too much time sucking than she could handle. I guess she had responsibilities or homework or something or other... Bah! She was also getting pretty tired of the drama and the spam. You know, the usual.
elf
I saw a guy with a Mitten T-Shirt once! I forgot where... but I was really excited ^^;
Galder Weatherwax's Hat
I've haven't seen a single Other Side t-shirt around Dublin. But then, I've never seen anyone other than me wearing a Jhonen Vasquez shirt, and I've been given "props" in "da street" by "quite a few" strangers. So maybe the Other Side has a similar closet following. Oh look, I didn't notice the pun until after I typed it!
spiffilicious05
I have sent quite a few t-shirts to NY so they are around, it's just a really big city!

hehehe I'm from central NY. I live in syracuse which is the fourth largest city here and about 4 hours away from the outskirts of NYC.

Anyways, at school they have the majority of the web sites blocked, except for the one and only matazone! It's seriously the best site in the world and since my school has laptops I show everyone your site! They all love it!

That's what I do in class, I don't do work I sit, post, and watch matazone tongue.gif

hehe im such a procrastinator
gerbilfromhell
i wear my otherside shirts. a lot. and every SINGLE time i wear my mittens or hack the corperate reality, i get at least 20 people asking me (usually the same people) "wha? what does that mean?" then theres the few people that i've gotten to visit matazone (one person even says 'conform, consume, obey' randomly now! hehe, the mr. snaffleburger death cult begins to move to RL wink.gif ). there's been about 10-ish people so far that've actually seen the site and recognised my shirt from it. i'm considering wearing my 'cannibal sex kitty' shirt to school someday.... although considering the sh*t i got from CERTAIN teachers when i wore my 'NYC's favorite f_ _ _ ing team' (that's 'fencing', by the way. not 'fishing' laugh.gif wink.gif ), i probably won't (i don't want any MORE 'do your parents know you're wearing that?' 'yeah, they bought these shirts for me' 'interesting......that's still inapropriate. why don't you wear something normal?' conversations. and i probably will see the teacher in question regularly....)
CrissiLove
QUOTE (Jaq @ Nov 23 2003, 05:37 PM)
Nah. She was smart or something and decided that here was a little too much time sucking than she could handle. I guess she had responsibilities or homework or something or other... Bah! She was also getting pretty tired of the drama and the spam. You know, the usual.

Ahhhhh.... That makes sense.... smile.gif I hope she's doing well with school and everything!
leopold
QUOTE (deadlyinbedly @ Nov 23 2003, 06:19 PM)
and im not hear simply to bash people......but many people in this forum seem to live in their own little worlds where theirs is the only will that matters.....some of them need to be woken up , you included....

ps, sorry for the double post but sometimes inspiration grabs me a second or 2 too late

You could always use the edit button to change yer post. It's not hard, really...

Besides, everyone lives in their own little world from time to time. It's called "escapism" and it stops people from going insane. Maybe you'd do well to let people live as they want instead of forcing reality on them.
Spacehappy
I was wearing my "do you have my size in black" on thursday, at the stand up comedy (wharf pub thursday nights) as you never know when/if there going to film.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
I have not seen anyone besides myself (and that ugly guy that lives in my mirror) wear a matazone t shirt, and I get the stupid people questioning what my t shirt means, grr... except for a few of my friends I've converted.. I'm sure theres more mataholics here somewhere though.. Brighton has lots of us crazy people in it..
Mr Fuzzy
There's a chap I occasionally see wandering about in the t-shirts. Worryingly he has boxes of them in his house. A certain sign of a warped mind!
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Nov 24 2003, 06:49 PM)
There's a chap I occasionally see wandering about in the t-shirts. Worryingly he has boxes of them in his house. A certain sign of a warped mind!

You'll want to keep an eye on him, Barry. Sounds like an unstable fellow...
Sir Maxerpopple

Ouch! That must have hit acid from nowehere!

Trust me bedly, not wise to piss off so many people so early.

Someone tell him the story of Logicman, JaJay please.

Stop multi posting to increase your post count, it's irritating.

gerbil, wait until you take some AP history courses if you want some serious homework. And when you do, one word of advice, DO NOT OVER OUTLINE! So many fools make this mistake, if you UNDERSTAND the material, then outlining is overrated and unecessary, but if it's required, take it seriously.

---

Now for the actual topic:

Here on lovely Jap town LI (Jewish American Princess/Prince), Mata is unheard of. A few friends of mine, okay one, (HAPPY!?), love snaffleburger. But we have to divide our time betweent hat and mister stabby on weebls and happy tree friends.

By the way Mata, no more mr snaffleburger sad.gif

Where is he?!?!

We want more satire!
CommieBastard
I was about to say something about Mata wearing his own t-shirts, but I do that too. So I won't.

Never seen anybody in a Matazone t-shirt, with the painfully obvious exception of the Meet. Hmmm...I should spread the word more.
Mata
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Nov 30 2003, 04:05 PM)
By the way Mata, no more mr snaffleburger sad.gif

Where is he?!?!

We want more satire!

I'm working on it, but at the moment I'm having to concentrate on earning some money so I can pay the electricity bill. As much as I love making these animations they don't pay me anything (yes, the money from T-shirts really does go to pay for the site hosting costs) so when I can get work animating I have to concentrate on getting it damn good.

Normal service will resume in about a week when I've finished this set of work and my MPhil/Phd upgrade exam is out of the way.

BTW, yes, I was joking about generalising whole cities and towns. I don't seriously generalise two people at a time, let alone whole groups!
Ocean!
I would buy a shirt, If I wasn't in debt 240$ and broke, and if I lived in the United States. sad.gif Support for the site anyways!
Twitching
I wore my LGG goes nuts tshirt on turkey day. Actually I ended up accidentally packing one change of clothes for a five day trip so I wore that shirt a lot. biggrin.gif Even when it was dirty because I'm too lazy to do the wash and no one else offered.
PrincessCadhla
My 2 1/2 yr old and my 16 month old alternately wear the Mittens t-shirt and LGG t-shirts I have for them to Daycare (they can wear the same size). I also wear my Cannibal sex kitty t-shirt and my LGG one frequently....It's been a few months, I think it's time for me to buy a couple more t-shirts....hmmmm....

I live in the 3rd largest city in the US (Houston) and I haven't spotted any other Mata t-shirts yet, but everyone alwasy loves mine.
monkey_called_narth
i have yet too see a mata shirt, but i got attacked by a matazone groupie on my stlpunk profile....
acidteardrop
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Nov 30 2003, 04:05 PM)
Ouch! That must have hit acid from nowehere!

Trust me bedly, not wise to piss off so many people so early.

Someone tell him the story of Logicman, JaJay please.

Stop multi posting to increase your post count, it's irritating.

i covered that already. i setn a PM a pointed out everything wrong with 8/11 of his/her posts (at the time anyways). hhit me from nowhere? iwas fine with it, whatever, mock me i dont care. but s/he made fun of everyone else mad.gif

i need a mata shirt, but i dont have paypal. im working on making my dad buy me one with his paypal account. but imma wait til the holiday season is over. mata is probably loaded with orders.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.