Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Competition - Win A Bag!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
In case you've missed it, there's a drawing competition:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/other/competition-dec-2004.htm
Patient #212
I'm pretty sure this isn't anywhere on the competition page-- are we allowed to submit more than one drawing?
fdq
hm I've sent You my work - but I believe that in the morning there were some server problems? (I've got this 404 error :-k and Apache info)
so I'm not sure if You got my e-mail huh.gif

cheers.
Mata
Yep, I got it, and I've emailed you back.

Yes, you are allowed to enter more than once, I should really go and put that on the page...
fdq
great thank You for the info smile.gif

cheers.
Black-Wings
Does it have to be hand drawn or like computer graphics?
voices_in_my_head
who here is entering?

Ps. I can't seem to send the picture to you... any idea what might be wrong?
Mata
B-W, either is fine. Create with whatever media you want, as long as you can email it to me then that's good.

Voices, nope, no idea what's wrong. Even a mispelt email address to matazone.co.uk will turn up in my system somewhere, and I've already had loads of entries so the main address is working. You are sending to the .co.uk address, not a .com , right?

It seems to be a rather popular competition, so here's two tips:

Bunnies have been done

Don't use .bmp as your file format. I know it says it on the page, but I've already had quite a few. Bloomin' MSPaint and it's silly picture format, it's the least efficient system that you could make while still appearing well-intentioned.
voices_in_my_head
I'm going to sound stupid... I got the Paint picture to save as JPEG insted of .bmp but I can't get the picture from the paint program to your email. can't copy/paste and can't create a link....
froggle-rock
I thought it was a case of 'attaching' the file/picture to an email, with the recipient address being the one Mata put up?
Feyliya
I just sent my entry! I hope it's fairly unique, and that you like it! It's another MS Paint project, so it's not as wonderful as I would have liked, but it got a laugh out of Larry, so I guess it's good enough! biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
probly is but, once again, I'm going to sound stupid. how do you attach things?
froggle-rock
Hmm, most of the time you have to make a new email like normal.
Then look for a button thingy that says 'attach' or 'attach a file'
Then it should ask you to 'browse' for the file you want to attach,
So you will need to look through the 'browse window'* it gives you for the file you want to attach

In this case the piccy you want to send Mata.

I think that's right anyways. Hope this makes sense, and that it works. If not PM and let me know what email thingy you use, ie Hotmail, or Yahoo etc.

biggrin.gif

* It'll have the same file structre thing as the folders on your computer.
Mata
Most email programs have a button that looks like a paperclip on their menu bar. Click that and you can then navigate to the file you want to add.

If you can't find one then try typing in your email program name and 'how to send attachment' into Google, there's usually help there when you need it!
voices_in_my_head
Okay, I sent it! I really wish I had photoshop- I could have done so much more that way. hope you enjoy my "wonderfull paint skills"!

(the main reasone I entered was so I could finally own something no one else in my country has smile.gif )
Aria
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Dec 23 2004, 03:06 AM)
who here is entering?

I entered, just for fun. tongue.gif
CommieBastard
I sent in two entries, perhaps Mata will be impressed with my l33t MS Paint skills!
Usurper MrTeapot
Ive made 3 but none are good enough standard. I'd have a better chance at winning with LGG running away from a picture of me.

Edit: Submitted them anyway.
depressed lonely crazy person
will you ship worldwide or am i wasting my time
CommieBastard
QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Dec 25 2004, 09:32 AM)
will you ship worldwide or am i wasting my time

He'll ship to you, mate, don't worry.
Xkitsurabamix
Aha! this is my chance!
I'm gonna print the running girl out, draw it by hand, scan it in, and e-mail it to you...
so it won't be done on the comp...if anyone bothered to click on my photobucket link while it was up, you'd see that i am quite the impressinve drawer....oh! and i know exactly what i'll do...
voices_in_my_head
me is a bit worried now...
elphaba2
Just sent mine in, it doesn't make much sense but I rather liked it.

(me wants a bag)
Feyliya
I entered one. I have an idea for another, but I'm betting someone else will beat me to it. If so....then I'll stand or fall based on the first one I sent in!
Mata
DLCP, yes, I'll ship to the people who winsno matter where they are in the world.

There have been a few themes that I've seen so far: bunnies, the girl running away from herself, and I've had a couple of Bush ones. Some of these were done rather well actually, so just because someone else has done the idea it doesn't mean that it can't win, but original ideas do stand a better cahnce.
JimiJimi
Ooh, that was me who did the girl running away from herself! OK, calm down...

Although I did enter, I have enough bags as it is. Laptop bags for work, rucksacks etc. so if I do happen to win (which I reckon is highly unlikely) someone else can have the bag...
elphaba2
*looks cute*
Aria
One of mine also might have been the girl running away from herself.... Depending on how Mata saw it, I suppose.
Xkitsurabamix
Oh, my...really? I'll pay! I'll pay, i promise! happy.gif!
pretty please? o_o;
depressed lonely crazy person
damn i can't do what i was going to do on the computer and the stupid printer and scanner have simultaniously broken mad.gif mad.gif *rotten little brother*
Feyliya
I did a Bush one. And I did a Mittens one! And unless Mata just neglected to mention Mittens as being a theme, I'm the first one to submit one with him! laugh.gif

Hey, would it be horrid if we posted our submissions as we sent them in? I'm dying to see what other people have done!
Mata
If you can find the hosting then you're welcome to post them here if you like, and yes, you are the first to include Mittens. So far I've had well over 100 entries. It's going to be really difficult to judge!
sjwt
QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 26 2004, 06:10 PM)
One of mine also might have been the girl running away from herself.... Depending on how Mata saw it, I suppose.

eeek!! someoen stole my idea..

*crys*

oh well, i didnt read this all before i posted my entry, at lest i didnt do bunnies.
Mata
Actually your version of that theme is one of the best that I've seen...
Xkitsurabamix
happy.gif tah-dah. Tamashii De Shindeiru (Spirit of the dead) has been submitted! He's been a charicter of mine for a while in dealing with my own silly flashes (None of them have, or for that matter, will ever, see the light of day).

I'm quite taken with my Tamashii...
His lips are stitched to silence the screams, you see...
when someone dies without dignity...
their ghost projects the chaos inside...
But he's really quite nice, once you get to know him.
He was the best friend of one of my old charicters, but this is a sort of neo-version of him. (See, the ghosties pour out of his hollow heart...those are a new addition)
I hope you enjoy
(Tamashii is like a limb of mine, you see)
Usurper MrTeapot
Hmm my evil shrubbary in disguise doesn't seem like such a good entry anymore...
Xkitsurabamix
Evil shrubbery? like MP?
'you must cut down the tallest tree in the forest wiiiiith.....a herring!'
Aria
QUOTE (sjwt @ Dec 28 2004, 01:48 PM)
eeek!! someoen stole my idea..

*crys*

oh well, i didnt read this all before i posted my entry, at lest i didnt do bunnies.

Hehe. Personally, I saw my thingie as more of a "Help, help, I'm trapped in a surrealist picture", but whatever. So, no crying. tongue.gif
Feyliya
Well then! If I'm the first to do a Mittens one, then I deffinitely should be the first to post mine, if only to ensure noone else who sees it steals my idea!

Here's my first entry. I just had to go for a political statement.

And heeeeeere's Mittens!

Hope everyone likes them, especially Mata! wink.gif

*Edit:
And yes, both were made in good old evil MS Paint. My Adobe Photoshop was lost when I reformatted my HD. sad.gif
Aria
I'll just link to mine, since some of them are big, and I don't want to take up massive amounts of space. ohmy.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Let.../mothership.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Let...ompetition1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Let...e/nightmare.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lethefire/psyche3.jpg

And for the last one, I don't remember which version of the pic I submitted, since I have three, but I think that one's the right one. ohmy.gif
Feyliya
Yours are really pretty, Aria!
/spam
Aria
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Dec 28 2004, 08:04 PM)
Yours are really pretty, Aria!
/spam

Thanks. I think your Bush one is totally awesome. I'm amazed you did that in paint. ohmy.gif
Feyliya
Here's my third entry. Most probably my final entry. And yet another that someone probably thought of first. But I like it! biggrin.gif

Ashbless
I don't really have the time or software to enter but I did have a few ideas on what might cause LGG to flee.
- a nice pastel pink dress as a christmas present from her Mom.
- a dream or sight of Sea kissing someone else. I'm thinking dream image.
- giant spider.

If someone has drawing talent but no ideas they are more than welcome to use any of the above.
CommieBastard
Since that's what everybody's doing, I decided to upload mine.

Simple but (hopefully) sweet.
Feyliya
Is the little girl supposed to be LGG?

::might have to do an entry themed around it being her::
hinsley
i did one but i can't atually be bothered to find a place to host it.

theres so many good ones sad.gif

i was hoping there wouldnt be many entries thne i had a bit more of a chance. tongue.gif
Ashbless
Enter it anyway hinsley. It's really Mata's choice and yours may tickle his fancy. blink.gif Not that that's a way of winning or anything.
*runs away* ph34r.gif
Linda T
"Bunnies have been done"

Cackles, wildly.

Sorry.
mooooooooooopo
I've done 4 so far, though none of them have been submitted yet because I'm not sure I'm finished with them. First 3 in mspaint *shudders* (I'm currently 350miles from my own PC so it's excusable), fourth one in GIMP (since it's nifty, and free).

Giant chickens: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/moo...tion/comp-1.png
Giant chickens piloted by aliens: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/moo...tion/comp-2.png
Robotic insectoid vampire alien chickens: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/moo...tion/comp-4.png
Soul sucking blackhole beasts from a parallel dimension: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/moo...tion/comp-7.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.