Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Competition - Win A Bag!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Dec 30 2004, 07:44 PM)
Is the little girl supposed to be LGG?

::might have to do an entry themed around it being her::

No, not really, just a girl fleeing, although the similarity has led a few people to assume that it is her, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Moop, I like those, especially that last one. Most things have been done using MSPaint so it's nice to see a different style.
Usurper MrTeapot
After a little debating with myself to see if I should enter another one I decided that its a fun competition to do so I'll enjoy it while its still on and finish my original idea.
Pab
pah ... might as well get these out into the open ...

this one
and this one
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Hehehehe - I really like the second one Pab.

*giggles a bit more*
hinsley
QUOTE (Ashbless @ Dec 31 2004, 06:10 PM)
Enter it anyway hinsley. It's really Mata's choice and yours may tickle his fancy.   blink.gif Not that that's a way of winning or anything.
*runs away* ph34r.gif

i did, i just cant be bothered to put it on the forums. damn my lazyness.

plus im not sure if it counts cause i drew and scanned instead of doing it in mspaint and stuff.

pah. i'll have to get a job and go buy one.

no... i'lll make someone buy one for me. mwah ha ha.

although... *gets out feathers* ...
Feyliya
I did another one!

This is my last one.....I swear.....no really, I do swear....stop looking at me like that! tongue.gif
monkey_called_narth
heh...

The Lorax
My entry-nothing special, just for kicks and giggles!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/doug...testthingeh.jpg

Hand drawn with love. happy.gif
voices_in_my_head
dude, that's awsome!
mine looks like crap now....
Feyliya
QUOTE (The Lorax @ Jan 15 2005, 04:54 PM)
My entry-nothing special, just for kicks and giggles!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/doug...testthingeh.jpg

Hand drawn with love. happy.gif

I have been beaten. There's no way I could possibly get first place after that.
Aria
Ditto that. But hey, if I place 4th, I'd fall over dead with shock and happiness.
The Lorax
I didn't enter this one, because, well....It's not that well put together, so I'm just placing it here for fun:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/doug...gic/badomen.jpg

You'd have to look at the top of the window to get it! unsure.gif
Mata
I'm changing servers soon, that might be accurate for a little while...
The Lorax
LIES!!!!!
Asenyth
I entered! I entered! I know I won't win, but I tried kinda hard and I entered! Good luck for everyone else that entered!
Novander
I entered yesterday. Or very early this morning. Whichever it was, here's my entry:

Alien Invasion
EDIT: Just made this one: Forest

Having seen some of yours, I'm thinking my chances arent so good.

Can't remember who's it was, but I loved the Girl-running-away-from-a-giant-thing-made-up-of-lots-of-girls-running one.
sjwt
QUOTE (Novander @ Jan 17 2005, 04:28 PM)
I entered yesterday. Or very early this morning. Whichever it was, here's my entry:

Alien Invasion
EDIT: Just made this one: Forest

Having seen some of yours, I'm thinking my chances arent so good.

Can't remember who's it was, but I loved the Girl-running-away-from-a-giant-thing-made-up-of-lots-of-girls-running one.

heads up, yorus are quite nice, rember matas not looking for the ones that look like youve compleated an arts degree, my guess is he is looking at them and which ones inspire him and make him think..
Feyliya
3/4ths of my entries were borrowed from Mata's animations themselves, so I'm not sure whether Mata will be entertained by my cheekiness and 1337 Paint skilz, or whether he'll be bored by the fact that I just cut and pasted his characters, altered them a bit, then shoved them into my pics. I'm hoping he'll be entertained, and he's said he liked my Mittens one, but I'm not sure whether he liked it enough to rank me somewhere in the top four....
Mata
I'm really not looking forward to deciding. I'm trying as hard as possible to ignore email addresses that might give me clues to who has sent in what. There's a week to go yet and I'm still getting a few entries every day. It's going to be very difficult!

Basically, because most images have been made using MSPaint I'm going to be deciding primarily on the idea of the picture. I find the ideas are the bits that make me interested in them, so I think that will have to be the critieria.

There have been quite a few entries on similar themes, so I'll be posting a few of the best of each. I've not really got any runner-up prizes that I can offer, but hopefully people will be happy to have their work shown.
froggle-rock
ohmy.gif Which reminds me, I need to get started...

Do you think glitter will show up well when scanned? tongue.gif

Pst Mata, your paypal account name is still 'mataischeaptobribe' right? dry.gif
Mata
It would be cheaper to buy a bag!
elphaba2
I'm trying as hard as possible to ignore email addresses that might give me clues to who has sent in what. There's a week to go yet and I'm still getting a few entries every day. It's going to be very difficult!

Poop. Poop, poop, poop. I labelled mine. Didn't know we had to be "anonymous". Poop.
Feyliya
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 18 2005, 07:12 AM)
I'm really not looking forward to deciding. I'm trying as hard as possible to ignore email addresses that might give me clues to who has sent in what. There's a week to go yet and I'm still getting a few entries every day. It's going to be very difficult!

I'm sorry! If I had known I would have submitted all of them under a different email addy! sad.gif
Asenyth
Darn, this is the first time I wish I didn't make my e-mail address, screen names, nicknames, ect. all the same so it would be easier for me to remember. Sorry Mata!
Mata
No problem! Don't worry about it, I'm pretty impartial anyway, and with the number of entries that there are I'm going to have to go through them quite quickly only looking at the pictures so I doubt I'll look at the email addresses or messages. (Although obviously I did read everything the first time I received them!)
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I just did one...

Novander
I was going to say "no, thats not right, she's not running away fast enough."

But then I saw you'd speeded her up.

So instead I'll say "Haha, nice one."
Feyliya
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 19 2005, 07:10 AM)
No problem! Don't worry about it, I'm pretty impartial anyway, and with the number of entries that there are I'm going to have to go through them quite quickly only looking at the pictures so I doubt I'll look at the email addresses or messages. (Although obviously I did read everything the first time I received them!)

::sighs in relief::
I feel much better now! Never let it be said that I've ever tried to sway a judge! Now if you'll excuse me, those cookies I'm baking for Mata won't cook themselves! wink.gif tongue.gif

/spam
The Lorax
yey Snoo! Me likie!
Sarah the Spider
Hi! I sent in my entry a while ago (hopefully Mata got it...? sad.gif ) but I figured I would jump flailing onto the band wagon anyway and show you mine...

Koalas. There's something adorable/terrifying about koalas...
exceptional1709
I like that one... especially the fluffy ears on the koala!
Feyliya
Two more days until the big decision! The anticipation is killing me!
Feyliya
Have you decided yet, Mata? Haveyouhaveyouhaveyouhaveyou? ::bounces in anticipation::

You have no clue what having the board down over the days when you would be deciding has done to me! Can anyone say "obsessed"?
Mata
Here you go,

http://www.matazone.co.uk/other/drawing-co...ition-2004.html
depressed lonely crazy person
wow you did have some cool entry's!!!
i don't know how you picked cos those're nifty
Hobbes
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 27 2005, 04:36 PM)

Yay! One of mine is on that page! Woo. But man, I thought I had an original idea using PacMan. Oh well.

That was a fab competition, and those winners were great. Well done guys!
Mata
If anything, I think this competition has shown me just how alike the ways that we think really are.
Feyliya
::is tickled pink, purple, and all sorts of other colors that she made it to the top 17::

I can't wait until Aria sees this! She was so sure hers stunk!
Aria
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Jan 27 2005, 05:42 PM)
::is tickled pink, purple, and all sorts of other colors that she made it to the top 17::

I can't wait until Aria sees this!  She was so sure hers stunk!

Yeah, I just about keeled over that mine actually made it that far. I'm so proud of myself now. tongue.gif
cait
That was a fun competition. I wish I hadn't been so late in noticing it existed.

First place one = super creepy. And I think those packman ones are great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.