Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini London Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Feb 27 2005, 07:30 PM)
Or wear a sensible top over some clubby trousers then just change my top. Hmm, will think of something smile.gif

Am I correct in thinking you mean wearing sensible trousers over clubby trousers or has fashion moved on and left me behind again? tongue.gif
saucy_tara
Whaaa?? No you noodle, sensible top!! Not two pairs of trousers??!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Feb 27 2005, 01:41 AM)
Bye thee waye, is there an entry fee for Slimelight? If there is, what is it?

If I remember correctly (which I probably don't), it's quite 'spensive, like, 8 or something. But we'll cover anyone who can't afford it, I'm sure. I'm up for a big-Slimelight-fest.

Bring your own booze, though, folks. The drinks there: To say costly wouldn't even cut it. It's astro-arsing-nomical. But I beleive they allow the bringage of your own beverages, so I suggest that. Last time we forgot, which resulted in a 56 pint of Jack Daniels. That mistake will not be made again...

Slimelight is 8 for non-members.

Um, a 56 drink? What?
Polocrunch
56 per drink? Bargain!
froggle-rock
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Feb 27 2005, 08:27 PM)
Um, a 56 drink? What?

*points at FU and Snuggs*

Ask them.

So, a trip to the off licence before Slime, yeah? wink.gif
Wyvern
I can't make it after all...being made redundant has scuppered quite a few things but none as eagerly awaited as this. mad.gif

I hope to catch peope at the next meet if things improve in time.
Faerieryn
Nooooo!!!! Poor Wyvern We will miss you!!!!!! Sending lots of hugs your way
saucy_tara
Aww noooooo Wy, that sucks sad.gif
Wyvern
Aww, Thankyou.

I shall endeavour to get to the next one, employed or not I WILL be there!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
So - I need to skank a mobile number off someone.

Anyone who is happy that I'm not a stalker, PM me please.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Mar 12 2005, 12:21 AM)

Don't listen to her! She'll stalk you and steal your kidneys!
froggle-rock
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Mar 12 2005, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Mar 12 2005, 12:21 AM)

Don't listen to her! She'll stalk you and steal your kidneys!

*has the scar to prove it*
Sir Psycho Sexy
You guys won't be moving onto slimelight until like 10pm again, right?
froggle-rock
I guess so P@. Just as long as we make it to the offie before hand ! tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
heheh yeah, it's just I'll probably end up having to travel home from University (end of term) during theday but I figure I should be able to make the evening event easy enough, plus it's easier to get home in the morning tongue.gif

*edited to clarify*
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 12 2005, 01:47 AM)
You guys won't be moving onto slimelight until like 10pm again, right?

Even if we wanted to, it doesn't open 'till 10.
saucy_tara
I wont be shopping now, as my pennies are in a bad way :-(
But I will be at pub and clubbing. What time at pub and where is it?
Sir Psycho Sexy
I think the plan is to meet at the Worlds End at 7ish, just turn right out of Camden t00be station and it'll be fairly obvious because of the big signs above the doors tongue.gif
saucy_tara
Aw cool, I'll be the one with big red foam hair extensions (yes, foam!!) although Im guessing I'll be able to see Paddy looming over everyone else wink.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
although Im guessing I'll be able to see Paddy looming over everyone else

Is that before or after I come hurling into you like a little whirling dervish? laugh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Mar 15 2005, 10:42 PM)
although Im guessing I'll be able to see Paddy looming over everyone else

Is that before or after I come hurling into you like a little whirling dervish? laugh.gif

calm down lady, share the wealth....well tara tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
calm down lady, share the wealth....well tara

Chill kid rolleyes.gif

I'm sure you'll get all the special attention you deserve. tongue.gif
Tarantio
Yeah, I should probably mention that I wont be instantly identifiable... For those of you who have seen me before, you'll know me by the usual mop top, though this time it should be bright red... if the dye works properly... ph34r.gif
Cath Sparrow
Teehee! I kidnapped Wyvern for the weekend so you cant have her! Mwahahar!!!! She's mine I tell you MINE!!! evil.gif
Mr Fuzzy
Bad Cath! You and your evil ways. tongue.gif
Plaz
You lot don't know me but I will be there. Creepy huh?

Ok to put things into perspective, I'm Cath's brother and as she will not be there, I'm showing up to reprazent the famileee!

I'm also responsible for you guys having the pleasure of Ryn and Cath's company (Hmmm, maybe that's a good reason not to turn up, teehee!).

So I will likely be turning up with the Spintastic Ryn, so I will be the guy with her who isn't Smiler biggrin.gif

Oh and I'm about as metal as my mum nowadays so I shan't be attending the Slimelight with you folks.

One final thing, it's not an act, Cath is about as evil as they come, she used to have a twin sister...
Jonman
So I'm too lazy to check through the posts. Someone remind me - is this still on for this weekend then?
Tarantio
bad jonman! yes it is... which gives me an idea...!
Mata
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 14 2005, 03:03 PM)
I think the plan is to meet at the Worlds End at 7ish, just turn right out of Camden t00be station and it'll be fairly obvious because of the big signs above the doors tongue.gif

There you go Jon.

Give me a ring and we'll meet up for a wander before hand.
Sir Psycho Sexy
pfft, font of all knowledge indeed.... tongue.gif
saucy_tara
Im starting to get really antsy now, Im so excited!!! Snugs AND Paddy hurling themselves at me!!!!

wink.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Was there mention of meeting at 2pm outside the station for a wander?

Could I take someone's number to call them at like 3 - 4ish so I can have a late wander? PMage please.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Plaz @ Mar 17 2005, 12:11 PM)
Oh and I'm about as metal as my mum nowadays so I shan't be attending the Slimelight with you folks.

I dont knock mum's tast you know she can headbang with the best of them!* tongue.gif

Have much fun everyone and enjoy meeting my brother ph34r.gif

*this of course is a completely unfounded lie but hey sibling rivalry what can you do!
saucy_tara
Im off to bed now seeing as I have to catch train tommorow to start partying early smile.gif
I will see you lovely people on saturday!!
And Mata, come to slimelight, I'll buy you 4 cans of lager if you do... smile.gif
(Generous to a fault ain't I wink.gif
Faerieryn
Can't wait til saturday. I must explain about the stevage (and possibly other buddy of mine, Davage) My birthday party last saturday was kinda mullered so when peeps wanted to know where I would be the following weekend I told them about the meet. Both are mata fans just not forumites. Dave is a firend of anotther firend of mine that the mata world knows so... SORRY!!
Forever Unknown
Yesh, I shall be bringing along non-forumites as well. A Pete, who popped into the last one in London, and the Tom. I felt the need to bring my own cynicism. In handy, portable human form! Plus, they'll buy me beers.
Jonman
Update:

Me and Mrs Jonman won't be coming after all for the following reasons:

1 : We're skint

2 : We're tired

3 : We've got a birthday party to go to. For a friend's 3 year old. I'm taking juggling stuff *shakes head ruefully*
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Jonman @ Mar 18 2005, 06:54 AM)
3 : We've got a birthday party to go to. For a friend's 3 year old. I'm taking juggling stuff *shakes head ruefully*

It's nice to know where we stand tongue.gif

I'll miss the Jonmanly-ness

....not in a homo-erotic way though...just in the....ah I'm digging myself deeper here
Smiler
Ug...forum...um, dazed and confused and re-seeing the light... swamped a bit through major computer+/writers bloc and an odd settling of life at the mo, but despite my scant to non existant forum plops COUNT ME IN GUYS!! Finish work @ 6 though so not sure what time I'll get there, 7.30's my aim
Mata
QUOTE (Jonman @ Mar 18 2005, 06:54 AM)
Update:

Me and Mrs Jonman won't be coming after all for the following reasons:

1 : We're skint

2 : We're tired

Aw, shame, but understandable. Good luck finding all your juggling equipment at the end of the party. Kids do like running away with stuff.

Oo, another plan: bring them all to the pub instead! Hurrah! Problem solved!

Saucy, I'm not going clubbing. I've had a heavy cold-possibly-light-flu thing for the last few days and I'm only just beginning to get over it and a night clubbing wouldn't really help! But I definitely will go out the Slimes at one of these things. Maybe during the summer?
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 18 2005, 03:05 PM)
I definitely will go out the Slimes at one of these things. Maybe during the summer?

When, before you get too old? tongue.gif wink.gif

Yay, I get to meet a Smiler and a Ryn and a Cath brother.
Usurper MrTeapot
34 guests, 1 members 0 anonymous members
Hot Bot , MrTeapot

They're all at the meet, the one place where I can get them all together! Muhahaha!

Now being the Evil Mind at the end of this saga, I shall tell the rest of you my evil plans like what they do in the films.

First I shall lock them all in a room where I can do naughty things to them. Then I shall repeat step one!

(leaving now, see you in a bit guys woo)
Plaz
Just got in from my first matameet. What fun it was too, much spilled beer and drunk beer was had by all biggrin.gif

And what a bunch of lovable freaks you all are, I had a great time and look forward to see you all again real soon.

Byeeeeeeeee!
Calantyr
Hello fellow Matorians!

Yes I don't post often. Yes you probably don't know who I am. And yes I bloody well enjoyed the Mata meet! It was great to meet you all, even if I didn't actually say much smile.gif

Just got home and it is 10:10am. What a lovely bunch of deviants you all are! And now I shamble off to bed before I die from exhaustion.

Incase you don't know who I am, I was the guy dressed all in black with the blond curly haired afro explosion. No sniggering, it's a medical condition... really... tongue.gif
Forever Unknown
Eeeeeeyyy!

DEAD.

*edit*Got loads of photos (including a stunning montage of me and Snugs giving up on life and laying down in the middle of Waterloo for twenty minutes, giggling like idiots), but I've got to sort them and sleeps beckon.

But I just wanted to show this as proof that Mata's always wanted to be in the cast of Fame:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Swe.../Picture169.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Swe.../Picture153.jpg

*additional edit* So does MrTeapot...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Swe.../Picture172.jpg

And Smiler...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Swe.../Picture184.jpg

And Snugs...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Swe.../Picture149.jpg
Snugglebum the Destroyer
In my defence - that picture of me was taken the morning before, after I had gone to bed with wet hair. I look far rougher now.

I have just two things to say - where the feck did all these bruises come from and Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!

*yeah, I suppose you had to be there*
Cath Sparrow
I WANT MORE PICCIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Polocrunch
omg, that Matameet was pretty hardcore. I have never tried to stay awake so long without changing timezones. But now I am rested and have slept the morning away. Will say more later.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Mar 20 2005, 12:15 PM)
Eeeeeeyyy!

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Mar 20 2005, 12:54 PM)
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!

I didn't understand it but it was fun to shout randomly. Eeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!

*ahem* But yeah, that was an experience. Never have I been captured in so many pictures by a sneaky animator with a digital camera before or been given lessons on how to dance like a twat.

'Scuse me while I go sleep for a week...
Smiler
WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyHEY!!!
Blinding meet yet again. So glad to meet some of you at last and others again wink.gif Pretty cool meeting up on the train and really hacking off the old guy. FairieRyn even met Snugs & FU on the train home this morning biggrin.gif
LONG LIVE THE CHILLI PEPPERS!!!!!! Best of compilations RAWK!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.