Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini London Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mata
The photo thread: http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=12467
Polocrunch
There was a great moment when Mata and a bunch of people started talking about Tarantio's eyes. The look on his face was one of bemused terror. Teehee.
Mata
He's always struck me as having brown eyes, but really they're a blue-green colour. I have no idea why I formed this impression of him, or why I was mildly surprised to see that it wasn't true.

I think I then waffled about The Crystal Maze, then went off on a tangent about something unrelated, then decided to go to the bar again. Hurrah!
Usurper MrTeapot
I believe Polo, Tarantino and I were standing there innocently talking when you, drunk out of your skull, professed your love for Richard O'Brian and how 'that new guy' would never replace the basil plant in your garden. Shocking behaviour... *

*These events maybe exaggerated slightly.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Well I had an....interesting time, I'm still suffering, not sure from what exactly, probably lack of sleep, but I definately had fun, it was getting a bit challenging toward then end though, taratio came back to Tunbridge Wells with me to waste some time and I managed to fall asleep in Cafe Nero after a rather large cup of coffee...which was interesting...then I walked him back to the station and waited for a lift home....I fell asleep outside the station too.....
Polocrunch
It's a hard-knock life, eh Pat?
CommieBastard
Tch, I can't remember who I'd threatened to ban... oh, I'll just ban the lot of you to be on the safe side.
DarkInferno
You complete and utter bunch of bar stools, I was going to come to this one! (but forgot all bout it sad.gif).

Pah!

looks like you all had fun:)
froggle-rock
Yay, I am watered and fed and slept'd. laugh.gif

QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Mar 21 2005, 11:39 AM)
You complete and utter bunch of bar stools, I was going to come to this one! (but forgot all bout it sad.gif).

Pah!

looks like you all had fun:)

DI, I'm pretty sure I've been mentioning it in IRC the last while 0o tongue.gif

Commie, *flutters eyelashes* I hope you will not include me in the banning, I'm sure there is a clause in the pre-nup.

Polo, I mis read your post *snigger*

Hmm, mebe it wasn't vitamin C I shoulda given you, SPS, mebe I shoulda given you some pro plus.

Tara was a sweetiepie and danced a few dances with me, even though his knee was not at it's best.

Mata, I think many people went of on random tangents, then decided to go to the bar.

Mr T, bless his cotton socks, has never seen a single episode of Spaced, so he didn't quite understand why the eeeeeyyying was so funny, nonetheless he joined in with the eeeying.
Mata
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 20 2005, 06:44 PM)
I believe Polo, Tarantino and I were standing there innocently talking when you, drunk out of your skull, professed your love for Richard O'Brian and how 'that new guy' would never replace the basil plant in your garden. Shocking behaviour... *

*These events maybe exaggerated slightly.

Aww, give me some credit, I did remember that the new bloke's name was Edward Tudor-Pole. And yes, you might be exaggerating slightly...

Hey, I could ban Commie, that would stop him from banning us!

My voice was so croaky on Sunday. Next time I vote that we just remove the plugs from the back of the speaker without asking.
froggle-rock
Commie could ban Mata? Eap!
Mata
Actually no. I've got admin rights so can change anything I want. Mwhahahaha. Unless Mr Fuzzy used his to take away mine, but that would be unwise due to my large collection of blunt, rusty spoons... >:)
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Next time I vote that we just remove the plugs from the back of the speaker without asking.

That's where my vote went...

Until I remembered that I'm supposed to be a responsible adult. Next time I'm going with the juvinile inside who doesn't give a rats arse if she gets kicked out of a pub. wink.gif
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 21 2005, 06:12 PM)
Actually no. I've got admin rights so can change anything I want. Mwhahahaha. Unless Mr Fuzzy used his to take away mine, but that would be unwise due to my large collection of blunt, rusty spoons... >:)

But if Fuzzy did ban you, does that mean he'd post more? Fuzzy, would you?
saucy_tara
I had THE BEST time, and Snuggs Im also covered in bruises. I think it's because of trying to restrain the two Seans and Tarantio with FU, it all got a bit messy and my arse is black and blue from rolling around on the floor... biggrin.gif
It was fun taking my son to school this morning, I looked like an extra from Shaun of the Dead (eyyyyyyyy!!!!) and I worked out that I had 12 hours sleep in 48 hours....
You were all so fab and lovely and I wanted to put Froggeh and Teapot in my pocket and steal you both biggrin.gif (thanks for letting me snarf your chips Sean, mmm garlic sauce goodness!!
And I ate an entire pack of Hob Nobs on the way home biggrin.gif
Does anyone mind me copying photos of the meet? I had no camera so I might just copy and save some to my comp and put them on my Fotopix page.
froggle-rock
Not I Saucy, save away wink.gif

Everyone: Saucy was the danciest one there. Yes, yes she put all us younguns to shame ph34r.gif

I take it you got home okay?

biggrin.gif
saucy_tara
Yeah I danced for all of us I reckon!! It was the glowsticks that did it, I was possessed by a rave demon (or was it Michael Flately?) Im not sure but I think I may have done some Irish dancing at one point biggrin.gif
I got home fine honey, I scared some people in a shop in Ladywell at 10 in the morning though, twas fun smile.gif
Oh, and thanks Commie and SPS for being my bodyguards, although where were you to protect me from a random man who thought that Bhangra music was a black metal band?? Huh? HUH?? He also insisted thet umbrellas are the most dangerous weapon known to man. Why oh why do I always attract the nutters... wink.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Mar 21 2005, 08:04 PM)
You were all so fab and lovely and I wanted to put Froggeh and Teapot in my pocket and steal you both  biggrin.gif (thanks for letting me snarf your chips Sean, mmm garlic sauce goodness!!

*cough*Shaun*cough* But aww you all were very lovely, every last one of you.

Crazy but lovely.
saucy_tara
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 21 2005, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Mar 21 2005, 08:04 PM)
You were all so fab and lovely and I wanted to put Froggeh and Teapot in my pocket and steal you both  biggrin.gif (thanks for letting me snarf your chips Sean, mmm garlic sauce goodness!!

*cough*Shaun*cough* But aww you all were very lovely, every last one of you.

Crazy but lovely.

Eeep sorry Shaun...I thought I banned you?

tongue.gif
Polocrunch
QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 21 2005, 02:59 PM)
My voice was so croaky on Sunday. Next time I vote that we just remove the plugs from the back of the speaker without asking.

No, Mata, the croakiness was sexy. Very sexy. wink.gif
Faerieryn
I WILL come to the slime next time I swear. It looks like you had the best time. I'll just have to dust off my corset and boots and bounce away with you guys next time... there WILL be a next time won't there? rolleyes.gif
Tarantio
hoy... finally got home yesterday after yet more travelling around glasgow and cumbernauld for another day... talk about commitment to your friends!

nah, it was worth it... Funny actually, I had forgotten about the crystal maze conversation, probably blocked it out like I did most of the things mata was talking about that night. As for my expression when he went on about my eyes? Confused and surprised would have been closer to reality.

Slimelight was awesome, after I managed to wake up a bit (poor likkle tara was a bit tired after failing to sleep on the coach journey down). There were a couple of weird guys sitting in the toilets who were asking me all about glasgow and the clubbing scene there, and then went on for a bit about how it was easier to hold a conversation with someone on e's than with a drunkard. They proved this point before I managed to slip away... which was more than a little worrying. Oh, and on the subject of bruises, I found out the next day that I had more than enough of both those and scratches for a small hospital clinic after the scuffle on the seats that night... and the amount of times I had my knee sat on as well! I swear, you guys don't give two hoots about my wellbeing, especially dragging me up to dance those three times too! Well, alright I got up myself for one of them, but still...
Mata
Saucy, feel free to grab any of my pics.

I too intend to come out clubbing next time, but as always I'm not going to promise anything before the night. It would be good to go to Slimelight again, it's been far too long since I've been there.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Mar 23 2005, 04:01 PM)
especially dragging me up to dance those three times too! Well, alright I got up myself for one of them, but still...

You know you loved it, plus you could dance! I spent most of my time on the floor copying you.
Tarantio
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 23 2005, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Mar 23 2005, 04:01 PM)
especially dragging me up to dance those three times too! Well, alright I got up myself for one of them, but still...

You know you loved it, plus you could dance! I spent most of my time on the floor copying you.

its easy to dance. you just have to remember its all in the hips, and you're fine. I saw one girl drawing loads of looks later on when she danced, and she barely moved anything other than her hips, so I reckon that I must be on to something with it... I hope.
Mata
I dance with my hips. Sues refuses to dance with me because apparently I dance like a girl!
Forever Unknown
its easy to dance. you just have to remember its all in the hips, and you're fine. I saw one girl drawing loads of looks later on when she danced, and she barely moved anything other than her hips, so I reckon that I must be on t something with it... I hope.

It's best to dance like a spastic, though. Arms flailing, striking poses. It's so sexy, yo.

Bizarrely, I'm too self-conscious to try and dance properly. And it's just more fun to look incredibly stupid instead.

I should be banned from clubs...

... I should be banned from public...
Calantyr
I do the dances that make the ladies fall down!

No, not make them weak at the knees. Bending double with laughter.

I read far too much nuklearpower
saucy_tara
I dance in a wiggly way, or in a mad, raving glowstick way. Theres a lot of arse to shake with me wink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Mar 24 2005, 04:26 PM)
... I should be banned from public...

Eeeeeeyyy!

Probably the most sensible thing you've ever said tongue.gif
Forever Unknown
Theres a lot of arse to shake with me

And a fine arse it is, too.

Probably the most sensible thing you've ever said

Shut it, you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.