Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mini London Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Wyvern
Aaarghh!!! stupidstupidstupid!

I just realised I booked the right days wrong month off work I am now desperately hoping they will let me renegotiate...how dim can I get tongue.gif
saucy_tara
So when is the meet then? Is it definately 19th march??
Smiler
Seems to be, I'm trying to get off work early that night so hopefully wink.gif...

QUOTE (Wyvern @ Jan 16 2005, 10:47 PM)
I just realised I booked the right days wrong month off work I am now desperately hoping they will let me renegotiate...how dim can I get  tongue.gif

Due to my general lack of wishing to get my hurt toooo much i shall reamian silent as response to your question... wink.gif Although changing work rota will hopefully be a snap for ya ... More the merrier biggrin.gif
Faerieryn
I'll be there. If I can get there I'll be around during the day too.
markslut
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Jan 17 2005, 09:42 AM)

Think so - Hopefully I will be about as I promised to take someone to Slimes - bit sceptical of mass online meetups (bad experience with another board)
Usurper MrTeapot
I think everyones ok with the 19th?
Forever Unknown
bit sceptical of mass online meetups

Yeah, but we're wicked. And, if all else fails, I'll dazzle everyone with some rather impressive clumsiness.

But, yesh. The 19th sounds good.
Faerieryn
Bring balloons!!! We must have balloons!!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Jan 17 2005, 08:22 PM)
Yeah, but we're wicked.

*WARNING* Should not be interpretted in the positive sense! tongue.gif
Wyvern
YEY!!!
I got my month changed!

I sneaked the form out of the tray before it got processed and my manager submitted a new much more suitable form in its place!!! biggrin.gif

Due to my general lack of wishing to get my hurt toooo much i shall reamian silent as response to your question...

hehe yes Smiler hun I feel that may be wise tongue.gif
El Nino
Right It's looking likely that I will be able to attend so someone give me details on how to get there by tube. (if anyones worrying about my anti smoking thing don't. I'm alright with it when I'm drinking)
Usurper MrTeapot
At the Worlds End pub again (three pages and not a mention of it).

I'm not too sure how to get there myself actually...but I'll find it.
Forever Unknown
Pretty simple - come out at Camden Town tube station, turn left, hug Captain Birdseye and The World's End is right there, over the road. Can't miss it.

I hope you're all prepared for the fact that the toilets are disgusting.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Camden town is on the northern line and make sure you get on the right bit, there are 2 different trains in each direction they do a criss-cross type thing, don't worry about it though, it's fairly straight forward and if you're on the wrong one you can change at Euston to the right one biggrin.gif

...oh and Captain Birdseye is the strange preacher type man who stands on the corner looking like a hobo version of the good captain....because not everyone's been there before FU tongue.gif
Forever Unknown
because not everyone's been there before FU

No, but he is kind of... recognisable:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Xtal...ainBirdseye.jpg

Captain Birdseye! He loves Jesus and fish fingers!
markslut
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jan 19 2005, 04:24 PM)
Camden town is on the northern line and make sure you get on the right bit, there are 2 different trains in each direction they do a criss-cross type thing, don't worry about it though, it's fairly straight forward and if you're on the wrong one you can change at Euston to the right one biggrin.gif

...oh and Captain Birdseye is the strange preacher type man who stands on the corner looking like a hobo version of the good captain....because not everyone's been there before FU tongue.gif

Camden is the junction, every train goes through it smile.gif Alternatly Camden Road (on the Silverlink Metro) is only a 5 min walk away.
Sir Psycho Sexy
it is? yes you're right, I remember the first time I travelled on the northen line was to somewhere after camden and i had to think about it....Goodge Street I think....
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Jan 19 2005, 05:04 PM)
because not everyone's been there before FU

No, but he is kind of... recognisable:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Xtal...ainBirdseye.jpg

Captain Birdseye! He loves Jesus and fish fingers!

Ahh I've always just known him simply as 'Jesus Man', didn't know he allowed himself a name.
Forever Unknown
I'm not sure he strictly allowed it. But that's what me and a friend spent an hour singing to him last time I was in Camden. We're rather in love with him. I want one.
Smiler
He's fantastic, only rivaled (but not surpassed) by Mr Jesus loves You Tanoy man of Oxford Circus / Tottenham Court Rd (Astoria) fame.

Not sure yet about the daytime but after 6 I'm ognna be trotting along for a drink or two biggrin.gif
markslut
QUOTE (Smiler @ Jan 19 2005, 11:06 PM)
He's fantastic, only rivaled (but not surpassed) by Mr Jesus loves You Tanoy man of Oxford Circus / Tottenham Court Rd (Astoria) fame.

Not sure yet about the daytime but after 6 I'm ognna be trotting along for a drink or two biggrin.gif

a mate of mine abused him by denying sin, then letting the bloke rant at him
saucy_tara
QUOTE (markslut @ Jan 17 2005, 05:48 PM)

Think so - Hopefully I will be about as I promised to take someone to Slimes - bit sceptical of mass online meetups (bad experience with another board)

So why come to London on that day, if you know that the MataMeet will more than likely end up at Slimelight? Doesn't make sense.. blink.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I was speaking to Frogg about this last night - and to enhance the evening we feel that we MUST get as many people as possible to Slimelight for this meet.

That being the case - THERE IS A DRESS CODE!! It is a Goth club so anything goth/punk/alternative/rock goes. However, just make sure you're wearing black and they'll let you in. This also solves the problem of getting home as Slimelight is an all nighter, you can bring your own alcohol and have a power nap in the corner without getting chucked out.

So, who's up for it?
markslut
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Jan 23 2005, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (markslut @ Jan 17 2005, 05:48 PM)

So why come to London on that day, if you know that the MataMeet will more than likely end up at Slimelight? Doesn't make sense.. blink.gif

because there is Synthetic Culture day before so will be a few more people I know out and about. (and there are no trains running that weekend in feb)

also I'd like to meet some of the posters, even if it was away from the main bunch (I'm being convinced to come by IRC now anyway smile.gif)

When have I ever made sense!
markslut
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jan 23 2005, 10:36 PM)
I was speaking to Frogg about this last night - and to enhance the evening we feel that we MUST get as many people as possible to Slimelight for this meet.

That being the case - THERE IS A DRESS CODE!!  It is a Goth club so anything goth/punk/alternative/rock goes.  However, just make sure you're wearing black and they'll let you in.  This also solves the problem of getting home as Slimelight is an all nighter, you can bring your own alcohol and have a power nap in the corner without getting chucked out.

So, who's up for it?

me!
saucy_tara
Ah I see smile.gif
I'll probably see you at SC then as well.
And Snugs, Dark Corners? Course I'm up fer it!! wink.gif biggrin.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
And Snugs, Dark Corners? Course I'm up fer it!! 

*points*

See, see - everyone saw it. I'm on a promise.

I love that smilie...
froggle-rock
*pouts* But Snuggs isn't the thing about Dark Corners, that they are dark and err, well cornery?

*thinks*

Oh, oh. It's like that. I see. I be kneeling for hours on end, but it's the Saucy one you want to go share the darkness with in the corners. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I be kneeling for hours on end,

A counter offer... wink.gif tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
typically I've been TOTALLY left out of the proceedings! no no, don't mind me, I'll just sit in my corner as usual....alone sad.gif

tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
no no, don't mind me, I'll just sit in my corner as usual....alone

You mean asleep, yes? tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
From what I've heard about these corners I don't think you will be alone. I suggest those who want use of the dark corners move further towards an open viewing area so SPS can get his sleep.
Sir Psycho Sexy
*mutters*
froggle-rock
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jan 27 2005, 04:49 PM)
I be kneeling for hours on end,

A counter offer... wink.gif tongue.gif

*thinks*

Hmm, more to supplement?

*kneels* sleep.gif
saucy_tara
Lets all have corners!! Together!! All 73 of us!!
froggle-rock
ohmy.gif 73?
Pixelgoth
Having been sent an invite by Funked via PM I thought I'd pop my head into this thread. Unfortunately I may actually have to decline at the present moment sad.gif SPS already asked me about this a few weeks ago and I said it wasn't likely I'd be able to make it as it's just too far for me to travel and to afford to stop somewhere sad.gif I'm starting a new job a month before and moving in with Ed and I'll no doubt have tonnes of expenditure around that time. I may leave it until the last minute and stop at my Mum's house but I can't guarantee anything.

I don't want anyone grumbling *looks at SPS* as you lot will organise these things either at the one time I can't make or I just can't afford to get there as it's too far away tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
and to afford to stop somewhere

Ohh - that's the advantage of Slimelight, it's open all night so no need to pay out for a B&B.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jan 31 2005, 02:36 PM)
Ohh - that's the advantage of Slimelight, it's open all night so no need to pay out for a B&B.

And the disadvantage of being 28 is that I now cannot manage to spend an entire night out. I need my sleep!

I'm getting old obviously dry.gif
saucy_tara
Gah, I'm having real problems with South West Trains at the moment, there are tickets a-plenty for the outward journey but they haven't released the tickets to come back yet!!
Grrrr.
Anyway, I'm really really excited about the meet, I'm coming up on friday, going clubbing with my best friend and then meeting up with you guys in Camden (hopes I'm not too hungover wacko.gif )
Gosh, it's going to be weird coming up, I feel a bit guilty actually coz I should really visit my Mama Saucy but I'm not going to have the time. unsure.gif
I haven't been back home (London) for 8 years now! Last time I went home I felt totally odd and lost, you'd think I'd be used to the pace being a born and bred Laaaaandoner but it really threw me. I guess the pace of life is very different in Devon.
markslut
I'm having problems with them too - My gran is due to travel on the 12th of this month and they haven't released tickets yet sad.gif

Can't afford Great Western :S
froggle-rock
*side steps topic a bit*

Er, what's all this not yet releasing tickets buisness about?
markslut
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Feb 1 2005, 08:21 PM)
*side steps topic a bit*

Er, what's all this not yet releasing tickets buisness about?

To get the cheapest tickets you have to book in advance and have a reserved seat. If the train isn't open for reservations yet you can't buy a ticket.

For Tara the cheapest has to be booked at least a week in advance (assuming she doesn't have railcard)
For Me it has to be booked at least 24 hours (as I do have railcard so have different tickets)

Both need a reservation on a specific train - if the train isn't open or the quota of cheap tickets are gone then you can't book

See this link
Faerieryn
This is why I'm glad I live in surrey for once in my life!!

I should be coming down to Camden during the day and actually meeting up with people on my own... without Smiler... unless he manages to get the day off. Ithink he's coming up to the pub later but I'm not sure. I'm sure he'll post his plans soon. In the meantime I'll be looking out for a large group of tall, lanky blokes in trench coats... Hang on... I think we'll need a big placard that says "Matazone anonymous this way"!
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Feb 5 2005, 09:05 PM)
In the meantime I'll be looking out for a large group of tall, lanky blokes in trench coats...

Since funked)out_frog and I will be there, you can add "big hair" to the list biggrin.gif
saucy_tara
And I'll be there so you can add "funny coloured big hair" to the list, yay!!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Feb 7 2005, 07:42 PM)
And I'll be there so you can add "funny coloured big hair" to the list, yay!!

not that you'll see her seeing as she'll be hidden behind all the lanky blokes in trench coats tongue.gif
Smiler
Bets open now as to whether my 80's B-list hair is gone by the 19th- month and a half to go YAY

FarieRyn'll tell ya, I dont think there's a week goes by I dont recon it needs cutting, then I dont get it cut- May still be 80's floppy hair here as well.

Damn it! not lanky or Trench coated! sad.gif Oh well you need some stockyness to fill out the floor space- look at the forests- all tall with fern at the bottom...

...I've gotta stop, I've just likened myself to fern....... huh.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Damn it! not lanky or Trench coated!  Oh well you need some stockyness to fill out the floor space- look at the forests- all tall with fern at the bottom...

Me neither - we can be the much needed squidgyness of the meet. wink.gif
markslut
Still unsure about the Friday night Synthetic Culture and Saturday daytime as I need some crash space (ie a sofa), but I will almost certainly be Sliming
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.