Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cult Of Brother Black Sheep
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
JimiJimi
Hell trunks_girl, I just tried drawing Tobias for the CoBBS/MAA animation. It's surprisingly hard for me, I've never drawn a fricking dragon! Aargh! I should really put this in the rant thread, but meh.

Infact, this post was very pointless, so I'm now going back to drawing Tobias.
voices_in_my_head
You know, I actuly went back and read that first paragraph in a native american voice. Well, at least I got my parents to worry...

Why not try copy/pasting the picture of the dragon in trunksgirl's picture, then just going over it in paint?
JimiJimi
I've tried, but it comes out crap. But I'm trying again, and it's coming out better. I'm using the picture as a guide but just drawing it from scratch.
JimiJimi
Done Tobias, now I'm onto Emma, and I'm trying to make her look as much like a female duck as possible.

Although I don't know what female ducks look like.
voices_in_my_head
I belive that they look just like male ducks.

anyway, IATB, have you had any luck with Emma's egg?
JimiJimi
You guys, it's very very very very VERY near finished. Let's celebrate!

*Opens bottle of sparkles*

I saw that image and I thought 'what a great image. If only all images were action images and great and amazing and great images'.

Anyway, all I have to do know is finish one small little 93 frame movie clip, then do the credits, then add just a few sound effects, then it's off to CM (CoBBS leader) and trunks_gril26 (MAA leader) for final reviewing. Brace yourselves...
voices_in_my_head
Yay!
an Excuse to drink!
trunks_girl26
YAY!!!

*breaks out the fishtank in preparation for drinking*
JimiJimi
OK, here's the deal, and this is definate. If I don't have it sent to CM and Ange by Tuesday, you all have the right to hurl Mata-rocks at me. Obviously I'll tell you when I've PMed it to them.

I may even have it sent to them tonight, but that's unlikely, so I'll say tomorrow is most likely. But I'm guarunteeing that it will be done by tuesday, or else you get to throw rocks at me. Mata-rocks, mind.

But try to take into account that I work 8 till 4/30ish on a Monday, but Matazone is always the first thing I do when I get back.
FeralPolyglot
Oooo! Bubbly beverages and Effervescent Libations!!! That is a v. nice photo. As for Female ducks, perhaps make her eyes a bit more rounded for a more innocent look or more almond shaped for the seductive look? (Oooh, a seductive duck. Interesting mental image) One could also add eyelashes. Maybe a bow in her hair for good measure? I think boobs would be over-egging the duck pudding. (I realize that this is catering to the gender roles and stereotypes that society has branded into our lives and such but I think the average person would get the point if they saw a duck with a bow on its head that it was female.)
JimiJimi
Umm... well it has eyelashes... I'll get to work adding the bow later.
JimiJimi
I just finished it! I watched it through, and I love it. There are just a couple of small changes I need to make, then it's off to CM and Ange tomorrow. So, just a few days wait before y'all get to see it.

This is the only animation I've made that actually cheers me up because of all that hard work coming together in a finished piece.
voices_in_my_head
Double yay! Can't wait to see it, Jimi.

hmmm....can we still throw rocks at you, though?
Moosh
Yeah, sure and welcome Feral Polyglot and Ange. I will add you to the rol call at the front etc.

Where's this animation then Jimi? I don't seem to have it yet
JimiJimi
But try to take into account that I work 8 till 4/30ish on a Monday, but Matazone is always the first thing I do when I get back.

Do you even read the posts? I've only just gotten back so I've only just started adding the very final touches...
Moosh
Nope, sorry man, I didn't mean to sound all complaining. you do your own thing man
JimiJimi
Update: I'm not gonna put squeaky voices over them all, it would take too much time and wouldn't sound right. I'm just gonna make their mouths move
JimiJimi
IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!!

And it's off to trunks_girl26 and CM in just a few seconds after I've proof watched it...

[edit] I've watched it and I'm uploading it to to web...

[edit2] I've sent it to them both, I haven't gotten a reply yet but I'm going to band practice at 7:00, so... well there was no point in telling you about band practice but I thought I would anyway.
Moosh
Have watched it three times, and I'm still laughing. It is excellent and I'm one of only 3 people who have seen it. Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah.

Sent Jimi reply at about 7:10. Then saw that he was at band practice from 7. Damn
JimiJimi
I'm back, the drummer couldn't make it because of some family thing, so we just all hung around drinking. Glad you liked it CM... and soon YOU will be able to see it too.

*Takes up WWII enrolment poster figure pose, you know, that moustachio'd man pointing at you*

*Points some more*
JimiJimi
The big moment is upon us... it's what you've all been waiting for...

The CoBBS/MAA animation is here!

If you can't watch it then you need Flash 7 (downloadable here).

Enjoy, people! Woo! Yay! Etc! Oh yes, and it's 1.69MB.
I_am_the_best
laugh.gif WOOO!! THAT WAS SOO COOL!!

It was well worth waiting for!

I'm gonna watch it again now! tongue.gif
JimiJimi
I've added a small scene at the end (the pgrmdave rant scene) and made a couple of changes (like realising IATB wasn't in the credits and putting her in) since CM and Ange saw it, although I don't know if Ange managed to get Flash to work... ah well. I'm glad you likes it.

I'm going to go practice my guitar for a while now, so bye guys!
voices_in_my_head
AWESOMENESS! and stuff...

Honestly, it was very, very cool... And I got to throw oranges at people! biggrin.gif
JimiJimi
Glad you like it. I'm still spotting tonnes of errors I need to fix... although frankly I can't be arsed.
trunks_girl26
hrmm.....still working on getting it to work......*paging all knowing computer people*........
JimiJimi
Are you definately on the right site? Try this, it's the updated version I uploaded. Could work.
trunks_girl26
HAHA!!! I found a player that works!!!

OMG, Jimijimi, you're a genius!! It's so funny!!

Thank you sooooo much!

*goes off to watch it again*
JimiJimi
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Mar 21 2005, 08:16 PM)
Have watched it three times, and I'm still laughing. It is excellent and I'm one of only 3 people who have seen it. Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah.

Sent Jimi reply at about 7:10. Then saw that he was at band practice from 7. Damn

QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Mar 21 2005, 10:03 PM)
I'm back, the drummer couldn't make it because of some family thing, so we just all hung around drinking. Glad you liked it CM... and soon YOU will be able to see it too.

*Takes up WWII enrolment poster figure pose, you know, that moustachio'd man pointing at you*

*Points some more*

QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Mar 21 2005, 10:48 PM)
laugh.gif WOOO!! THAT WAS SOO COOL!!

It was well worth waiting for!

I'm gonna watch it again now! tongue.gif

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Mar 22 2005, 12:07 AM)
AWESOMENESS! and stuff...

Honestly, it was very, very cool... And I got to throw oranges at people! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (trunks_girl26 @ Mar 22 2005, 06:13 PM)
HAHA!!! I found a player that works!!!

OMG, Jimijimi, you're a genius!! It's so funny!!

Thank you sooooo much!

*goes off to watch it again*

I'm getting a better reception to this than I first thought, which is good, seeing as it's only the third animation I've published on the web. Well, thanks guys, I'm gonna keep making more when I get ideas, but I don't think that they'll be that big in the future.

Oh, and by the way Ange, you did come up with the basic storyline!
Although that's partially why it took me so long to make because it was a long storyline but noone gives a damn anyway
So you do get some credit...
trunks_girl26
Heh. Well, no one's ever accused me of being terse. laugh.gif

But the comedy within it is great- esp. my two-liners

It's awesome.
I know.
Ha ha.
Two words.....happy.gif
JimiJimi
QUOTE (trunks_girl26 @ Mar 22 2005, 10:19 PM)
Heh. Well, no one's ever accused me of being terse. laugh.gif

But the comedy within it is great- esp. my two-liners

It's awesome.
I know.
Ha ha.
Two words.....happy.gif

I find it hard to laugh at my own animations, partially because I know all the jokes, and I've seen them all a million times, and not to forget I only watch the animation to check for errors, not for jokes.

Still, I hardly ever laugh at any jokes unless they're really funny or just plain odd. I don't know why, I just never laugh. But Ange's post just there made me laugh, and again I have no idea why.

But anyway, I am amazed and glad that you all like it, thanks!
JimiJimi
Today, I opened Flash, then opened the CoBBS/MAA animation to work on it. Then I realised that I'd finished it. Force of habit, I guess.

But anyway, now we can get back to normal cult business. If there is any, that is.
oscarhilton
Hello there Jack Price.

Any chance i can join?
I_am_the_best
*Covers Oscar in feathers* Quick Voices!

Hello there, oh beautiful noob. Have you voted BBS in the favourite animation poll?
voices_in_my_head
*Dumps glue on Oscar's head*

there. Did I make it in time?

And no, I don't belive that the cult really does anything, other that be extremly random...
trunks_girl26
Wait......if the glue came after the feathers......wouldn't it just make the feathers stick to one another? blink.gif
voices_in_my_head
yeah, but then It would form a soild shell around the new vic...umm... I mean member!
Moosh
yeah sure oscar dude. whatever man.

is there normal cult business? if not i command you all to go and watch the new giraffee thing until your ears explode
I_am_the_best
Yeee! 'Tis my 666th post!

Oh, that giraffe thing is evil! I watched it for ages and ages expecting something to happen... rolleyes.gif
JimiJimi
Argh! I missed my 666th and 700th posts! Oh well, at least I'm on the road to 1000 now...
oscarhilton
Cool tnx jacko

so whats going on? You have to tell me what to do cos im new smile.gif
Anyway.
Have you done more on W6 emma?

OOOO! and Dave 4 is now out
I_am_the_best
Cool tnx jacko

Are you sure that you have the right person to be Jack? Jack is DonkeyRoo, he hasn't posted in ages! wink.gif

Have you done more on W6 emma?

Yeah, do you remember all that stuff about imagining othe rpeople and imagining other people imagining you or something confusing like that?

[/unrelated babble]

I'm tired, lazy and need a drink. *Gulps down sparkly stuff*

Where's Emma?
Moosh
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Mar 24 2005, 07:10 PM)
I'm tired, lazy and need a drink. *Gulps down sparkly stuff*

What a conincedence so do I.

Why are people suprised when I can get everything I need for a week away in a medium sized rucksack and a small drawstring bag?

I've even taken extra stuff I probably won't need
I_am_the_best
Why are people suprised when I can get everything I need for a week away in a medium sized rucksack and a small drawstring bag?

I've even taken extra stuff I probably won't need

The skill in it is wearing all the clothes you're going to be needing, then, because you have so many pockets, you can fill them with the rest of your stuff!
Moosh
It's just my mother said "Go and pack." So I grabbed a rucksack, put in some tshirts, socks, underwear, trousers, a shirt and a hoodie. And that's it. It took about a minute and they were really suprised. Then in the drawstring bag goes my phone, MP3 player, chargers for both, my speakers, a book, and my wallet and my toiletries and I'm done
JimiJimi
What fun you must have. In the very rare situation that I ever have to pack for something... I... erm...

Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I packed for something. Except packing my laptop for work and junk.
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Mar 24 2005, 02:10 PM)
Where's Emma?

I belive that your right here!

hmm.... I don't know, really...
unsure.gif
I'm not a very good mom am I?

(any progress with Emma's egg?)
trunks_girl26
That's ok.....Tobias has run off somewhere as well.....what do you want to bet that the two are within 3 feet of one another happy.gif

Yes, do tell, how's the egg?
voices_in_my_head
Would It be a fire-breathing duck, or a sparkly-rainbow dragon?
trunks_girl26
Maybe twins?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.