Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pink And Fwuffy And Wuvvwy
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Jonman
Told ya.

Yankee ladies love the british guys. Not all of them mind, but certainly an appreciable proportion.
leopold
Ya got any jobs fer an experienced LAN admin over there buddy? laugh.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (leopold @ May 9 2003, 10:33 PM)
Ya got any jobs fer an experienced LAN admin over there buddy? laugh.gif

I haven't personally, no.

Wouldn't be much for you to do, unless you figure some cunning way of hooking my laptop up to my fridge and microwave, and drive a wireless robot monkey (or a herd of robot meerkats) to cook, clean and dance for me.

Interested?
ravein
actually, Lan admins on the East Coast make pretty decent cash.. I am sure I could get you a gig over here. And if all else fails they are looking for boucers at the Girls Girls Girls -live- laugh.gif
PrincessCadhla
heh, we have an abundance of Network Admins in this country. Back in the day when no one knew how to do it, they made the big bucks....so everyone jumped on the band wagon and learned to do it...now the pay has gone down and half of them can't find work.

Make that Texas then.
leopold
Oh bugger! I knew I shoulda taken up SQL... mad.gif

Where on the east coast, rave?
PrincessCadhla
Now, if you know anything about the oil industry and can program in visual basic...I might be able to work something out.....
leopold
I've done a little VB, but not much... an I work for a chemical company... is that close enough?
PrincessCadhla
ooo what chemical company??
leopold
Rhodia.

Yeah, nobody ever heard of us!! laugh.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (PrincessCadhla @ May 9 2003, 10:47 PM)
Now, if you know anything about the oil industry and can program in visual basic...I might be able to work something out.....

*whispers to leo*

(1) it's black, wet, burns and lives in holes under the ground

(2) 10 PRINT "Jonman is the daddy"
20 GOTO 10

Sorted.

*looks innocent*
leopold
*whispers to Jonman*

Thanks for the hint buddy!

Oh, an nice work on the lay-dee front! Bein in love is great, innit!!

(hows that fer yankin a thread back on topic?)
ravein
QUOTE (leopold @ May 9 2003, 06:46 PM)
Oh bugger! I knew I shoulda taken up SQL... mad.gif

Where on the east coast, rave?

North Carolina... In the RTP area... Good Lan admins still bring in about 60,000-100,000 US$ a year...
leopold
Yeah??? Wow!! that's like 3 times what I'm bringin in now!!!

Jus the small matter of a green card tho...
LoLo
Wow my mom says in cali......supposedly the forefront of technology in the US, that lan admins only make 35-60 thousand a year, course it depends on the network type. She could be wrong as well cause she works for the state and not private industry so yeah she gets underpaid.
leopold
grrrrr... that's still nearly twice what I'm on...
LoLo
actually she just corrected herself saying she makes 60 thousand and shes one of the lowest paid lan admins for the state......so its closer to 60k or 100k
leopold
I'm in the wrong country, clearly...
Jonman
QUOTE (leopold @ May 9 2003, 11:22 PM)
I'm in the wrong country, clearly...

Just as a bit of a disclaimer, Leo, US salaries tend to be higher, but with no public health system, and education being an expensive proposition, you tend to end up being only a bit better off in the long run, after medical insurance, life insurance, pensions etc, rather than fantastically better off as you may be thinking.

Unless you blag your way into doing what I'm doing - being sent over here by my UK company, who pick up the tab for everything, and throw money at me for living it up. Can't complain.
leopold
Hmmm... interestin points Jonman...

Mebbe if I just stopped workin for a crappy chemical company I could rake in the green... happy.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (leopold @ May 9 2003, 11:35 PM)
Hmmm... interestin points Jonman...

Mebbe if I just stopped workin for a crappy chemical company I could rake in the green... happy.gif

Yeah, screw it. Pimp yourself out to some unethical bunch of bar-stweards that make pigs smoke and feed beefburgers to swans (thanks for that one Mr. Partridge). Make a mint, and deal with the guilt by spending said spondoolix on loose women and fast cars.
leopold
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 9 2003, 11:47 PM)
Make a mint, and deal with the guilt by spending said spondoolix on loose women and fast cars.

Well, I think the wife might have summat to say about the loose women, but the fast cars are a definite go-er!!!! laugh.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (leopold @ May 9 2003, 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 9 2003, 11:47 PM)
Make a mint, and deal with the guilt by spending said spondoolix on loose women and fast cars.

Well, I think the wife might have summat to say about the loose women, but the fast cars are a definite go-er!!!! laugh.gif

You don't have to sleep with the loose women.

sheesh, get your mind out of the gutter, man.

You just have them hang around and bring you and the missus cocktails, maybe act as butlers with boobs, and entertain you by holding impromptu trampolining pugel stick fights, custard throwing matches and other such fun and skill games.

Won't half make your mates jealous. Especially if you're not sleeping with them.
leopold
They are all valid points. But I can tell yer not married!
MistressAlti
LOL. You don't want to come over to the US. Seriously. Jonman isn't kidding, especially on the education thing... ugh. Just ugh. And our government's as screwy as they come.
Jonman
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 10 2003, 03:25 AM)
LOL. You don't want to come over to the US. Seriously. Jonman isn't kidding, especially on the education thing... ugh. Just ugh. And our government's as screwy as they come.

Be that as it may, people are sooo friendly and nice as a rule. Not just girls like - the accent works on all folk - people are very welcoming in my experience
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 9 2003, 09:38 PM)
Be that as it may, people are sooo friendly and nice as a rule. Not just girls like - the accent works on all folk - people are very welcoming in my experience

We're friendly? Heh. Maybe to you and your wonderful British sexiness, but other than that... eh. Not so much.
PrincessCadhla
depends on where you are I guess....My circle or Freaks, I mean friends have a adopted a Nothing but Love (NBL) policy.

I'm in the south where we are renowned for being friendly and racist at the same time!
craziness
QUOTE (PrincessCadhla @ May 10 2003, 12:38 AM)
I'm in the south where we are renowned for being friendly and racist at the same time!

OMG THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY..........
cant....stop......laughing...........lmao...........................
oo i will remeber that one for the rest of my life. lol.

p.s. im from NY smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.