Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matazone Addicts Anon.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
voices_in_my_head
that'll be $5 for bubble wrap....
Quoth(The Raven)
Attention! The polling place is now open! Vote for Tribe Wyvern Mascot! Ten days only! Happy Voting!
trunks_girl26
*votes as many times as humanly possible*

And why don't we decorate with bubble wrap?

*looks at the still-glued CM*

What do you think, CM? On the ceiling would be good?
Moosh
Yeah go for it, I'm happy just hanging around up here

Two awesome bartenders Voices
voices_in_my_head
You can buy economy packs for like 5$ at lowe's....

but does IATB wear the sparkly halter top?

Emma says: Quack, Quack, brother black sheep, Quack!
She's getting better....
Quoth(The Raven)
Emma's leading in the polls! Gah!

On the plus side, all of my babies are getting votes... even Gwen! I'm so proud! cool.gif
voices_in_my_head
Emma will win, you shall see.

even though I suppose that gwen would be okay too...
Quoth(The Raven)
mmmmmm. Roast Mascot! arglee! (Simpsons reference) laugh.gif
Moosh
Of course Emma will win, we're hijacking your vote

And yes she does wear one also Voices
voices_in_my_head
The straight jackets came in!
*hands out straight jackets*
huh.gif the question is- how do you buckle yourself into a straight jacket?
Quoth(The Raven)
Anyone who would vote for a duck... NEEDS a straightjacket!
trunks_girl26
Well, I volunteer to buckle all of you in, seeing as how I need my hands free to decorate with the bubblewrap.....though it hasn't come in yet....
Quoth(The Raven)
Buckle 'em in tight! Don't want any of them to escape!
voices_in_my_head
Okay....
*hands over staight jacket*
I could use one now that I've had some of the sparkly drink at the coBBS...
*twitch*
I'm also working on getting a straight jacket fit for a duck...
trunks_girl26
*straps Voices into the straight jacket*

ok, you should be nice and secure......

*Tobias flies in, sees Emma and flies down to her*

Here- you'll need this.

*Hands Emma a custom-made bubblewrap straight jacket and a single rose.*

Emma: Quack

*Tobias blushes deeply and flies off again*
voices_in_my_head
yay! bubble wrap straight jacket!
Emma says (I can speak duck, I guess) that the rose is wonderful...and she also says Quack....

She's learned a new word, though! Check it out: Emma, say matazone.
Emma: Mata....QUACK!
biggrin.gif well, she can say mata, at least...
Quoth(The Raven)
Arthur flies in, pauses to do a double take... a duck in a bubble wrap straightjacket, and Leather collar, is holding a rose in her beak... Arthur observes that you don't see that, everyday... as a peace offering, he conjures up a thousand thornless roses, which rain down on Emma, in a crimson shower... He then swoops down on her, breathing dream dust on her, before exiting the thread.

"Hey," Emma exclaims, "I can Talk!"

Emma dances a little Duck Jig...
little_bear
What was this thread about again? blink.gif
dancing hamster guy
everything seems to go off course these days and resort to spam

*sigh*
I_am_the_best

I wonder if JimiJimi could animate that, I'm dying to see it.... smile.gif
JimiJimi
I was gonna make Emma dance in the last little bit of the vote for Emma animation. It is actually meant to be her dancing, just it looks more like she's flying... Look at her legs, they're moving.

In any case, I agree, this is meant to be MAA, not Spammity Spam thread.
Moosh
Okay, to get us back on track,

I am addicted to the forums, I even go on them at school because I can't wait the 7 hours between 'hits'. The forums are my homepage and they are the first thing I do when I get on the computer, unfortunatly this is now affecting my productivity and I may have to cut off my internet access for a few days just to get any work done.
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 21 2005, 09:08 AM)
What was this thread about again? blink.gif

Threads evolve. You've seen that everywhere, so why should it be different with this one?

QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Feb 21 2005, 11:20 AM)
everything seems to go off course these days and resort to spam

*sigh*

Actually, I don't consider it spam, because Tobias, a representative of myself, and therefore a representative of the MAA, is involved with the mascot poll.

And, just a thought, but isn't posting on a thread merely to complain about spam, really spam in itself? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

But anyway, since others are attempting to find a semblance of 'order' within this thread, how about we all share our moments of realization of our addiction to Matazone?

I realized it when I cared enough to make a post like this.
pgrmdave
I remember the first time I really felt addicted, was when I talked about threads in real life. I think it was this one, in fact.
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 21 2005, 01:42 AM)
"Hey," Emma exclaims, "I can Talk!"

biggrin.gif thank you, arthur!
Emma says: for the roses, too!

anyway, I first relized that I was adicted to matazone when I caught myself searching through the "latest visited sites" to look for it. I passed up TONS of other sites, just to get here.
trunks_girl26
*Tobias and Emma enter together and sit on the feathery couch and watch Samuri Lapin*

*CM continues to hang from the ceiling and watch the pair*
I_am_the_best
Aww, they make such a sweet couple...

Oops I haven't posted in here very often...

Emma has a bubble wrap straight jacket? Now that is just plain sexy, no wonder he fell for her!
pgrmdave
*Pascal flies in and sees the two lovebirds. Is jealous that Tobias has been spending all his time with Emma*

*flies off to find another playmate*
JimiJimi
I've noticed that no-one's actually being cured here, or is that a good thing? So that we never lose faith in Mata?

Although, does Mata like the constant attention, or are we running his server down?

Am I asking too many questions?

Should I go to the Questions Only game?

Did you know that this reminds me of how I used to constantly bug Mata?

You don't?

Anyway, erm... *Looks around and notices that everyone is using asterisks for stuff lately so I will too. Notices Pascal and Tobias and Emma and wonder why there is an animal infestation, and why the only animal in here that is known to man is a duck.*

*Wonders if he should stop noticing irrelevant things*
Moosh
*CM falls from the ceiling and does a perfect dive into an inexplicable pool of water*

Hey guys! er.... guys? *looks around and sees only a duck and a dragon* Ah well

Suddenly the door creaks open and someone in a strange black mask enters the room. they take off the mask and reveal that they are.....
JimiJimi
Helloooooooooooooo!

I'm sorry, did I scare ya? My fault. I really shouldn't wear this mask.

Anyway, back to the spiked-punch induced murder.

*Slowly approaches CM brandishing axe*
trunks_girl26
Well, this more of a good addiction, rather than a bad one, and that's why we're allowed to post about our addiction to posting.

*sees Jimi with a large ax*

Oh good! You can use that to slice the fruit for the new MAA refreshments. Just slice 'em up and toss them into the bowl engraved with Mata's image. Just be careful though, I soaked the fruit in both the blue and green bubbly stuff before I brought it over here, so there may be a few side effects....

And where have all my addicts gone?
JimiJimi
But... the axe... CheeseMoose... murder... oh fine.

*Begins to slice up fruit*

This is taking my mind off Matazone! A cure! A cure!

*With teeth JJ reaches into pocket and retrieves a PDA. Using his teeth he opens Matazone*

Well, the cure is still under development...
voices_in_my_head
I realized how addicted I am to matazone when I was waiting for a ride home from school.
"oh, I can't wait to get home!"
"but why?"
"I can get on matazone!"
JimiJimi
I just noticed the bar is actually fairly quiet for once, so I've popped my head round here to see if you've got any of that spiked punch left. That stuff's got a bit of a sting in it's tail.

When I'm on the internet, I forget what I went on the internet for, because I've always got Matazone open in one tab, and I've got whatever else I'm doing in another tab, almost forgotten...
pgrmdave
You know you're addicted when: you're out with friends, and you think of a rebuttal for something in issues, and have the sudden urge to leave your friends, and go post it.
JimiJimi
Ah yes, latest news is I'm making a joint CoBBS MAA animation. This is from the CoBBS:

QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 27 2005, 05:37 PM)
At the moment, it starts off with a 'Beverly Hills Cop'-esque intro, then you see me standing at a jukebox. CM pokes his head in and says 'Stick some rush on, will you?' then I say 'Tom Sawyer alright?' and CM says 'Why not?'.
Then there's a short scene involving the little spindle picking up the record and placing it etc. as happens inside a jukebox.
I haven't enimated this bit yet, but I'm at the stage of everyone in a big room drinking, talking, chatting, and then someone says 'Shh!', the lights are dimmed, and everyone sits down and eats popcorn. We see something which looks remotely like Mittens and Snowdrop on a TV screen.
I haven't planned this far ahead, but the next scene is of MAA.

I'm gonna leave it at that so as not to spoil it for you.

[edit]This animation's gonna be a biggy, so bear with me. Also, it's going to be called...

[editedit]If you've seen Beverly Hills Cop, you'll understand the logo.
trunks_girl26
YAY!!

You are awesome, Jimi!

And yes, there's plenty of the punch left, and the fruit you cut up too

*notices that all the cut up fruit pieces look like Mata*

You know you're addicted when you see Mata in your food....*drinks punch*
little_bear
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Feb 27 2005, 12:58 AM)
I realized how addicted I am to matazone when I was waiting for a ride home from school.
"oh, I can't wait to get home!"
"but why?"
"I can get on matazone!"

That's actually pretty saddening.

little_bear awwaaayyy!

*cape swooshes*
trunks_girl26
Not really. It just shows how much people care about each other here.

*drinks more punch and the pieces of fruit morph into mini-Matas and begin to run around*

Umm......guys?......*drinks more punch*
JimiJimi
I recommend you all keep checking back to the Cult of Brother Black Sheep for the latest updates on my MAA and CoBBS animation. It should be done between mid-week and the end of the week, but I'm not making any promises... it's a biggy.

Hmm, this whole magical fruit Mata thing could be something to do with the axe I found in an ancient Indian burial ground (how original) then, flew back over to England and used it to chop up fruit.

Also, you know you're addicted when your post count in this thread is higher than in any others.
voices_in_my_head
I'm so addicted to matazone That I kept checking back every 10 minutes to see if it was back online.
Mata
I would just like to say 'yay me' for working out how to get it working again!
little_bear
Was anyone able to get on at all?

I think DHG got on very briefly with it all working fine, but I couldn't, sitting on the PC next to him.

Very bizarre indeed.
Novander
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Mar 4 2005, 12:25 AM)
I'm so addicted to matazone That I kept checking back every 10 minutes to see if it was back online.

I didn't think I was addicted I until I realised I was doing that.

But hey, now it looks like I've got to join the club.
Quoth(The Raven)
I am truly a Matazone addict... I was so bummed out, the last time it went down, I went into withdrawal... feels a bit like the flu, actually...
Feyliya
I was jonesing for a Matazone fix so bad, I kept the website up on my desktop and just kept refreshing.
JimiJimi
OK, this MAA CoBBS animation may be a little later than I first imagined... I'm about half way through so I'd say maybe end of next week.

Just thought I'd say.

Anyway, I did get on briefly yesterday and the day before, but not for long. Long enough for me to actually make a post!
trunks_girl26
You know you're addicted when you get actual work done when Matazone is down. O_o

And yay to Mata! Thanks for droppin' in, come back any time!

I see we have more addicts that are admitting their addiction. We're here for you, and enjoy your free refreshments. There seem to be some fruit-Matas running about somewhere. happy.gif
JimiJimi
Mata's only ever posted in the CoBBS once - and that was to say how weird we were!

We've come along so far... hcus dna noitanimod dlrow eht htiw tahw.

But anyway, you know you're addicted to Matazone when you actually spend time thinking up reasons as to why people are addicted to Matazone.

And I'll have a fruit mini-mata, please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.