Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From Film To Digital!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
ravein
So I have always been a traditionalist when it came to photography. Well recently I decided that it was becoming expensive to take several rolls of film for two good shots. So I bought a Fuji 206z digital camera. I have to say that I am super happy with the results. Sorry to the LJ folks who have seen these already.

Sir Psycho Sexy
Those are fantasically detailed, did you use a tripod or something?
froggle-rock
Woo, pretty wink.gif

I think the think I liked most about using film was developing them myself. Though I only did them in black and white. But digital is cheaper, plus it's easier to go into Photoshop and 'adjust' them wink.gif dry.gif
ravein
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 8 2005, 08:13 PM)
Those are fantasically detailed, did you use a tripod or something?

Nope, just the micro setting and set the shutter speed to 60. I just had to brace the hell out of myself. I am getting a tripod though. That camera is very sensitive and several shots have came out fuzzy. I have a large memory card so I have just been taking several shots and trying different settings. On some of those I set the shutter speed high and the aperture f8/f11 range and used the flash. It took several shots to get it right but the second picture is the result.
ravein
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Feb 8 2005, 08:17 PM)
Woo, pretty wink.gif

I think the think I liked most about using film was developing them myself.  Though I only did them in black and white.  But digital is cheaper, plus it's easier to go into Photoshop and 'adjust' them wink.gif dry.gif

See, I was going to do that but I don't have space for a dark room. Maybe when I get my own place I will have room. Two roommates means no room for fun sad.gif
froggle-rock
I never did it at home, I used the college's dark room. Have you ever used a dark room Ravein? -coz it is mucheous fun, and I would urge you to try it out if you've not. A home dark room sounds fun.

I would suggest that you assign a side of a coin to each of your flatmates, flip the coin, then who's ever side turnt up, kick that one out. Apologise, give cookies. Then get out the black paint! biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif Just kidding...

Im not really, just do it, mwha hahaha *composes self*

I'm a really nice person, really, I am smile.gif
ravein
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Feb 8 2005, 08:32 PM)
I never did it at home, I used the college's dark room.  Have you ever used a dark room Ravein? -coz it is mucheous fun, and I would urge you to try it out if you've not.  A home dark room sounds fun. 

I would suggest that you assign a side of a coin to each of your flatmates, flip the coin, then who's ever side turnt up, kick that one out.  Apologise, give cookies.  Then get out the black paint!  biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif  Just kidding... 

Im not really, just do it, mwha hahaha *composes self*

I'm a really nice person, really, I am smile.gif

you have no idea how close I am to doing that!! I have played around in one before but I am in no ways good at it. But I do have access to a enlarger, some trays and stuff that a friend has left over from a dead beat roommate. I will probably peice one together in May.
Sir Psycho Sexy
oooh, you got one of those fancy-pants (pants mean underwear like it should! tongue.gif) ones which is the digital equivilent of one of them SLR doo-hickies, I had a nice Olympus OM10 for a while...sold it though, didn't use it enough....still, point and click does me! tongue.gif
ravein
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 8 2005, 09:01 PM)
oooh, you got one of those fancy-pants (pants mean underwear like it should! tongue.gif) ones which is the digital equivilent of one of them SLR doo-hickies, I had a nice Olympus OM10 for a while...sold it though, didn't use it enough....still, point and click does me! tongue.gif

Yeah, it is pretty much like a SLR. There are just a few differences. It is as close to professional as you can get without paying out the butt. It is great when you are learning cause you can try different settings and see right away what you have done wrong.
froggle-rock
QUOTE (ravein @ Feb 9 2005, 12:46 AM)
I do have access to a enlarger, some trays and stuff that a friend has left over from a dead beat roommate. I will probably peice one together in May.

Go for it! -really do! *does the 'go do it' dance* wink.gif

They look good for micro, at 60 without a tripod to me. *me has shakey hands*
ravein
"They look good for micro, at 60 without a tripod to me. *me has shakey hands*"

hehehe.. I had braced myself between the wall and the stove to keep from shaking. I really have to get a tripod. I have found them really cheap on ebay so I will probably get one on my next payday.
ravein
these are mostly for funked) out_frog. I took these the other night and loved them. Again sorry to the people on my LJ list! Click for larger.

ravein
also here is some transformer love for us 80's cartoon freaks.

Hobbes
QUOTE (ravein @ Feb 19 2005, 09:23 PM)

I really like that one. I'd like to see you give it another go, and try to reduce the reflections of the lights opposite the window. Just block it out with some dark cloth or something. And remove the stuff you can see through the window (something hanging on the wall?) That would make it practically perfect. It's a clever picture though - creepy too.

I'm hoping to get myself a digital SLR soon. A Canon most likely, as I have a Canon film SLR at the moment, so I can use the lenses with both. I haven't done any photography for god-knows-how-long, but I love it. The digital camera I have is a fairly basic, low-megapixel one that was bought back when they were fairly new to the public. I want more!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.