Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tribe Wyvern Mascot Poll
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Quoth(The Raven)
I am posting this on February 15, 2005. Polls will be open until February 25, at which time, we will be prepared to declare a winner. After that point, any entries will be popularity poll only. Happy voting!
voices_in_my_head
Of course, I voted for Emma. I mean, what could be cooler that a color-changing, sparkly duck?

Emma says: quack
dry.gif Okay, I'm still teaching her to talk....
Quoth(The Raven)
well, so far, with three votes, we're tied... In the event of a tie, at the end of the ten day period, Either Wyvern Or Cath will be called on to cast the deciding vote, as Wyvern is the leader of the Tribe, and Cath is official Auntie of the tribe...

Vote!
Moosh
I'd like to point out that Emma is the CoBBS candidate and therefore all Cult members are expected to vote for her
JimiJimi
That's why I did, CM!
Hehe, Arthur will never win! Not when all the members of CoBBS vote for Emma the sparkly duck... thing...
Anyway, I think that Emma deserves to be that condidate thing, because... erm... she's a member of CoBBS. Yeah...
I_am_the_best
Yay! Obviously I voted for Emma, because she's taking ducks to a WHOLE new dimension. You know, Mata should make an animation called Sister Colourful Duck.
voices_in_my_head
Emma is very pleased with the reasults, so far.

Emma says: "I wasn't picking my nose, I was scratching the inside"

blink.gif Oh dear, I need to stop leaving her with my sister....
Quoth(The Raven)
well, Emma is still in the lead, but Gwen is catching up... go, Gwen! I'm proud of both my 'Kids', and 'Grandkid'... heck, I'd even root for guppy... But, Emma? C'mon, people! You'd elected a janey come lately? And a duck, at that? Please! Go Dragon! Go Cat! Go Guppy! No Ducks! laugh.gif
Zelgadus_The_Grey
*land softly on the winds of a raywing spell* Zel here, new and Little Green Goth's noob...i love my mommy...anywho, as i said, i'm noob, so please...inform me of all these wonderful creatures that i might vote accordingly? i have not met many yet, though would like to...as far as it all goes, i'm rather caught...with a cult name like Wyvern i would think it sould be something reptilian...but a sparkly duck? how wonderfully clever...major points for creativity...hmmm...i know!! i shall go with the one most into anime, as myself...this pleases me. Tobias, you have my vote, and i am sorry, Arthur...but Inuyasha rocks
Quoth(The Raven)
Well, you've met Arthur, the 175 year old Pendragon, who has a taste for Hamsters and Peppermint Schnapps... And Gwen, a small grey kitten, with dragon wings, and a large Ego... *Hey!* and Tobias, Arthur's smart alec-y Son... Guppy is the Matabar's bouncer... not sure what he is... and then there's Emma... a duck who sparkles and changes colors... All you really need to know, though, is that Team Wyvern needs a real Mascot... No Ducks! laugh.gif
voices_in_my_head
Hey! Be nice to Emma!
*Emma bites Quoth*
No! bad Duck...
Quoth(The Raven)
Duck Germs! Duck Germs! Get the antiseptic.... agh! laugh.gif
voices_in_my_head
ohmy.gif uh-oh....I think I saw some white foam around her bill earlier....

Just kidding....
Quoth(The Raven)
oh, that's okay... I slipped her a root beer, earlier...
trunks_girl26
I kneeeeew naming him Tobias would come in handy!

We got another vote!

Let's hear it for the dragons!
Quoth(The Raven)
I still say we should have a duck dinner....
El Nino
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 17 2005, 05:00 AM)
I still say we should have a duck dinner....

Agreed, but only if a place is set for guppy.

Sorry Quoth, I had to vote for guppy.
Moosh
The ironic part is that if you hadn't split the opposition by including Arthur, Tobias and Gwen, then you would be winning easily by now
JimiJimi
*High fives CM* Yes!
Now who's fault is it that Emma's winning?
Now who's gonna be having duck dinner?
By the way, I've ordered a duck dinner take away for later, it should be arriving in this poll later. Oh wait, you meant Emma. Meh, there's duck dinner coming anyway.
If you read my subliminal messages you'll find out.
We can settle our disputes over this fine duck dinner. Just remember not to bring Emma - it could be a relative.
voices_in_my_head
*Emma wadles in, Sees the duck diner, and starts crying* (can ducks cry?)

Did you have to put that in tiny text? I would have brought her if I knew you would be eating her great aunt!
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 17 2005, 07:10 AM)
The ironic part is that if you hadn't split the opposition by including Arthur, Tobias and Gwen, then you would be winning easily by now

Actually, I'm rather pleased with the outcome, so far. CoBBs has pretty much shot their wad, and unless they can pull off a miracle, Emma is gonna fall further and further behind. Tobias, on the other hand, is both a dragon and named for an anime charachter, and so can draw on two sources of votes... and, actually, If one of the dragons only TIES with Emma, his victory is pretty much assured... Neither Cath or Wyvern is likely to vote for a Duck, over a dragon, in a tie breaker... So, currently, I'd have to say the smart money is on Tobias. But then, anything can happen, before the 25th...
Moosh
Quoth, can we stop all the hostility towards the duck please? It's getting kinda annoyying that everytime I see one of your posts there's some reference towards a 'duck dinner' or something like it.

Cheers,

CM
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 16 2005, 06:40 AM)
well, so far, with three votes, we're tied... In the event of a tie, at the end of the ten day period, Either Wyvern Or Cath will be called on to cast the deciding vote, as Wyvern is the leader of the Tribe, and Cath is official Auntie of the tribe...

Vote!

Oi! get it right! Anti of the tribe!!! it's the only way I'm willing to be assoiated with this rabble! dry.gif
JimiJimi
Emma has a clear lead at the moment and will NOT be turned into any form of dinner.

Go Emma! Now that's what I call a sparkly rainbow duck! Go go go!

But one thing I need to make clear... What exactly does the mascot do...?
Cath Sparrow
Personally it looks to me as if Emma's BBS's mascot.
Zelgadus_The_Grey
I could get down with a sparkly duck...cuz ducks, like, quack...and stuff...lmao ok, enough Zel acting out of character BS for now...Methinkin' i need to go out n find me a pet...though actually, you could say I have one...Velloss, my trusty steed and best friend...she's not up for the mascot competition though, she seems a bit big for all this...Velloss, introduce yourself, will ya sweetheart?

*A dragon, scales shining a silvered blue, steps out of the clearing and licks the side of Zel's head...she's about 20 meters tall with bright pink eyes that seem to giggle...she plunks her muscular haunches down and leans her head down for Zel to rub her chin* Velloss is a speed dragon, rare mixture of Silver and Blue with a roadrunner cousin thrown in...odd, yes, I know, and it kinda seem pretentious of me to bring her in now, but in RP chats, she's been my steed and companion for about 3 years now, and hell, if everyone else gets to have lil pets, then I'll eventually introduce all mine too...but this being a place for dragons (and cute sparkly ducks), I figured that introducing Velloss was appropriate.

She won't be competing for the mascot, though...the competition is WAY too stiff...even though i didn't vote sparkley duck, i know they are way cool. BEWARE THE AWESOME CUDDLY POWER OF THE DUCK!

*Velloss croons and licks everyone with a dryish, silky/rough tongue and gently nudges Emma to show her affection for sparkly ducks*
Wyvern
Whoa! ohmy.gif
I really have missed alot recently! huh.gif blink.gif tongue.gif

Ok I declared null vote because I dont think I can vote on this one but a quick question...

What about the scuttlers???

*pets spikey black scuttler and distracts with cookie*

Dont forget them and their matchbox cousins otherwise we're going to need ALOT of cookies to keep them purring!

Anyway on with the voting! biggrin.gif

Oh and Velloss welcome to the forums gorgeous you'll fit in just fine. happy.gif
pgrmdave
Tobias, hands down. Emma is a wonderful duck, don't get me wrong. And I have nothing against ducks, but Tobias is simply a better mascot at this time.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 18 2005, 06:27 AM)
Quoth, can we stop all the hostility towards the duck please? It's getting kinda annoyying that everytime I see one of your posts there's some reference towards a 'duck dinner' or something like it.

Cheers,

CM

Hey, I've got nothing against ducks... this is just some down and dirty pollitickin'. laugh.gif
Dragons, Scuttlers, or perhaps a winged cat would be appropriate (The scuttlers have been here, awhile, the thread has a dragon theme, and Gwen was mutated by dragon magic...), as they all qualify... Heck, even Guppy qualifies, as a Dragon of a more mundane sort... Emma has no claim to this thread at all... let her be BBS Mascot (Although, a sheep might have been a better choice...). I only put Emma on the ballot to be fair... and because I really don't think Emma is gonna make it... Tobias only needs to tie with her, and he's golden... cool.gif
Moosh
Yeah maybe man but Emma has been in the lead all the way, Tobias might get the vote to tie but it's looking unlikely as everyone who is gonna vote will probably have voted by now
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Feb 18 2005, 02:43 PM)

What about the scuttlers???

[color=blue]*pets spikey black scuttler and distracts with cookie*

Dont forget them and their matchbox cousins otherwise we're going to need ALOT of cookies to keep them purring!

OOPS! blink.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif I did forget them, didn't I? I don't think I can amend the poll, but maybe people can write 'em in? If the duck wins, maybe we can appease the Scuttlers with fresh duck? Heck, the Scuttlers probably deserve the Mascot position more than any of the other Candidates...
JimiJimi
This should bring in a few votes...

The Vote for Emma Animation!

It's also in my sig, so let's hope for the best!
I_am_the_best
Yay JimiJimi! That was really good and funny and just so.. YAY! I'm gonna go watch it again... and again.. and again... until I'm an old lady rocking in a rocking chair.
JimiJimi
In the first CoBBS scene, I'm racing on the left, CM in the middle, and Voices on the far right. In the next scene, IATB is the first to poke her head around the corner and talk, CM is second. If you look closely on the spinning logo sequence in between the CoBBS scene and the second Tribe Wyvern scene you can see my impression of everyone...
Cath Sparrow
Right if your so determind to get emma as tribe mascot why are you insulting the Tribe by saying it's dull with that animation why would you want Emma as the mascot of something apparently so dull?
I_am_the_best
It's not insulting the Tribe, it's just comparison to Emma and the Cult! Oh, I love the impression of me aswell. hehe.
Wyvern
Rocking chairs???? blink.gif

Ahem Im pretty sure last time I checked there were...ahem *takes deep breath*

Beanbags galore, unlimited cookies, muffins, many coloured spangles, scuttlers of many colours including a crimson lorry driving one. A magical Trevor complete with podium, an entrance to the bar and ooo! I nearly forgot a large unlimited bottle of mutating cocktail.

*pauses to gather breath*

Not to mention several extremely colourful Tribe members medic, delicate flower and anti-Cath included.
Thats without starting on the visits from other mascot candidates...

*looks thoughtful* I think that just about covers it all.

Interesting idea with the animation m'dear very good mascot propaganda but I have one question?

Which Tribe have you been visiting recently cos they need help?! tongue.gif
JimiJimi
It wasn't meant to be an accurate reproduction of Tribe Wyvern (I'm not a member so I don't know what it's like anyway), and have you every tried to animate multi-coloured scuttlers (I don't even know what they are) bean bags, cookies, mutating cocktail, colourful tribe members, magical trevor (which is copyrighted by Weebl anyway), muffins or pendragons?

The idea was tribe wyvern appears as a quaint little room, with a couple of members on rocking chairs (which are easy to animate) talking to each other about needing a mascot. Next door, is a slightly more colourful place with colourful people doing colourful things (ie racing on their hands) who are prepared to 'colourify' TW by adding this new duck mascot thing.

Yes, it's all propaganda. That's the point.
Wyvern
Next door, is a slightly more colourful place with colourful people doing colourful things (ie racing on their hands) who are prepared to 'colourify' TW by adding this new duck mascot thing.

Colourify the Tribe? Do you really think thats such a good plan the spangles are already blinding as it is. I'll be done under health and Safety regulations at this rate!!! tongue.gif

*considers issuing protective goggles*

multi-coloured scuttlers (I don't even know what they are)

You don't know what a scuttler is???!
*Gasp!!! swigs blue glittery drink to stop shakes*

I got the idea hun and I liked it! Just be wary of making us seem too tame. tongue.gif
The scuttlers have a habit of heading out on expeditions to enlighten noobs from time to time. We try and keep them calm but *shrugs* since they figured out how to use Caths transdimensional wardrobe what hope do we have... biggrin.gif
JimiJimi
How else is propaganda meant to be propagandarish without making the other party seem slightly duller... I'm assuming in all Hitler's propaganda films he didn't go on saying how much fun Jews have before being gunned down by Nazis. Hitler's films were to brainwash the German public subconsciously that the Jews were bad, even though Hitler was just crazy (but not as much so as Stalin).

My propaganda animation is to make Emma seem more interesting than Tobias, Gwen, Arthur, etc. etc.
voices_in_my_head
biggrin.gif Emma is very pleased....
But how did you know that I'm a stick figure?
Zelgadus_The_Grey
*Velloss walks up and indicates her liking for Emma the duck with heart shaped smoke rings* <3 <3 <3

*Zel shows his affection for Emma with a tiny new black leather spiked collar as a present that he made* <@> you can wear it or not, but I thought that a sparkly duck would look cool in a tiny black leather spiked collar. cool.gif
voices_in_my_head
Stylish.....

I actuly wouldn't mind If Emma didn't win. A bit dissapointed, but not mad, since then she could just run for coBBS mascot....

Or would that be taken by brother black sheep himself?
Moosh
My computer hates me and won't let me access the animation. sad.gif
Can you post the actual address so I can try that way please Jimi?
JimiJimi
OK, it's http://www.ivanced.com/userfiles/JimiJimi/twmascot.swf

Tell me what you think... but take note that ivanced can be temporamental at times, and also I think you need Flash Player 7.

[edit] Because Ivanced sometimes doesn't work, I've got it here, too.
http://www.geocities.com/mrjimijimi/twmascot.swf
Moosh
I spend half an hour trying to get the ivanced one to work then the Geocities works first time.

It's great, I was laughing all the way through and you can tell I was drawn from a picture, and the psycodelic backgrounds in CoBBS are just cool. Go Jimi, CoBBS Official Propaganda Animator
Quoth(The Raven)
Meh.
little_bear
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 21 2005, 08:18 AM)
Meh.

PC + 1?
dancing hamster guy
What about this little critter?

I_am_the_best
Awww, he's so cute! Especially when he jumps...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.