Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tribe Wyvern Mascot Poll
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
JimiJimi
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 21 2005, 08:18 AM)
Meh.

What the?

QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 21 2005, 10:09 AM)
PC + 1?

What the?

QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Feb 21 2005, 12:49 PM)
What about this little critter?

What the?

I have no idea what's going on in here, but anyway, keep your eyes peeled for a second CoBBS animation...
Moosh
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 21 2005, 05:12 PM)
I have no idea what's going on in here

I don't think anyone les does anymore Jimi, I think the whole thing sould be abondoned and we just say the scuttlers are the mascots
little_bear
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 21 2005, 06:12 PM)
Meh.

What the?

PC + 1?

What the?

This was in reply to Quoth's reply of 'Meh'. I was implying she forgot the PC + 1 on the end of her post; PC + 1 standing for, naturally, Post Count + 1.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 21 2005, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 21 2005, 05:12 PM)
I have no idea what's going on in here

I don't think anyone les does anymore Jimi, I think the whole thing sould be abondoned and we just say the scuttlers are the mascots

I'm with CM on this it's all got a bit rediculous and the the scuttlers have been around the longest and there Wyvern's babies so I say go with the Scuttlers!
JimiJimi
But... but... but after seven votes for Emma! Seven whole votes! She's nearly won too! Noooooo!

But, whaddayagonnado?
Moosh
Little_bear has just had the excellent idea of making Charlie Weedlewang the Siamese Antelope the TW mascot, who agrees with me and Jimi that this is a great idea to stop all the arguing?
Cath Sparrow
Right I'm saying the polls closed and the Scuttlers Have won if you want my reasoning go see the Tribe!
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 21 2005, 01:54 PM)
Right I'm saying the polls closed and the Scuttlers Have won if you want my reasoning go see the Tribe!

yep. With Cheesemoose, myself, and Cath all in agreement, I too declare the Poll closed, and further declare the Scuttlers as the winner. Long may they reign!
Wyvern
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 21 2005, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (Cath @ Feb 21 2005, 01:54 PM)

yep. With Cheesemoose, myself, and Cath all in agreement, I too declare the Poll closed, and further declare the Scuttlers as the winner. Long may they reign!

Seems to be the safest course of action for the moment scuttlers were getting rowdy!!!

I vote all mascot candidates are members anyway and stand in depending who is present at any given time. Im sure any official mascot would need holiday anyway!!! tongue.gif
Now back to the Tribe for cookies and erm...turquoise stuff! biggrin.gif
exceptional1709
Woo, yay! I love the Scuttlers! Though I totally missed voting having been away for the past week... blink.gif
dancing hamster guy
So after all this debating and argueing and bittering you abandon the poll (Which by now is just spam anyway) and pick one at random, that wasn't even on the damn poll - how long are you people going to keep making utterly pointless threads for people to SPAM on !!!

Its tiring to say the least and frankly, I'm sick of it!
little_bear
QUOTE (dancing hamster guy @ Feb 22 2005, 09:30 AM)
So after all this debating and argueing and bittering you abandon the poll (Which by now is just spam anyway) and pick one at random, that wasn't even on the damn poll - how long are you people going to keep making utterly pointless threads for people to SPAM on !!!

If there was a note to end on, I think DHG just hit it.
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 22 2005, 08:53 AM)

If you two are sick of it, then might I make a suggestion? Ignore the threads that you feel are 'pure spam' and DON'T post in them. There are plenty of other 'non-spam' threads that you can reply to.

And fankly, I'm sick of the two of you, especially you, Little Bear, popping up everywhere and complaining about it. If you really and truly think it's pointless spam, I imagine you could PM Mata and ask him to take care of it. But somehow, I doubt you will. Both of you are making this forum less and less enjoyable, when that's what it was created for. Enjoyment.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 21 2005, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Feb 21 2005, 06:12 PM)
Meh.

What the?

PC + 1?

What the?

This was in reply to Quoth's reply of 'Meh'. I was implying she forgot the PC + 1 on the end of her post; PC + 1 standing for, naturally, Post Count + 1.

At the risk of getting a warning: How dare you? All of my posts are legit, most made in games... I have never posted to up my post count. Even when I was resurrecting Noob threads, it was to entertain (and because I hate to see anything wasted, even Noob threads)... You're free to dislike or even hate my contributions to these forums... But that does not make them spam.

'Meh' is the mildest criticism I could come up with for your gloating and B*tching...
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 22 2005, 03:53 AM)

For the record: The poll was well intentioned, and legit... Had the voting and debating been civil, it would have gone on to it's conclusion... and Emma might well have made it... The point is that it was becoming a bone of contention, an excuse for infighting... On the advice of Cath and Cheesemoose, and because I was sick of it, myself, I decided to end it... If you can't stop children fighting, the only thing left is to take away the toy they're fighting over.

And, the scuttlers were not chosen at random... If you had been paying attention, you would have noted that everyone who expressed an opinion, including Cheesemoose and myself, thought the nod should go to the scuttlers, once we realised the poll was becoming a farce... If you can't be civil, at least get the facts straight...
Novander
Tobias is just such a great name... how could I vote for anything else?
little_bear
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 23 2005, 04:12 AM)
At the risk of getting a warning: How dare you? All of my posts are legit, most made in games... I have never posted to up my post count.  Even when I was resurrecting Noob threads, it was to entertain (and because I hate to see anything wasted, even Noob threads)... You're free to dislike or even hate my contributions to these forums... But that does not make them spam.

'Meh' is the mildest criticism I could come up with for your gloating and B*tching...

So your saying that that particular "Meh" post was directed at me? If so, all I can do is laugh, (sort of like this: laugh.gif) because I hadn't posted in this thread until that point. As for your posts, well, perhaps that's a matter for a another time, because right now I can't be a*sed to get into a little insignificant flame war that this would inevitably develop into. So I propose we perhaps let it lie and agree to disagree before we both get warned and banned (well, the latter is only a matter of time in my case the way people seem to 'dislike' me around here). Here's the deal: you cut me a teensy bit of slack, I stop the 'bitching'.
ravein
As I have said before on these forums if you see something that constitutes spam please report it to the mods. Making backhanded comments regarding it is only going to create ill will and flame wars.

With that said you can pretty much count anything in the daft forum as silly and mostly pointless but it makes people laugh and enjoy the forums. And that is what brings people back here day after day. If you are unhappy with that you see in the Daft forum or a certain thread then I suggest you avoid it. We created the daft forums so people could get their nonsense and spam out in an area that did not subtract from other topics of conversation.

Edit* see here for Mata's official stance on spam.
http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=4454
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 23 2005, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 23 2005, 04:12 AM)
At the risk of getting a warning: How dare you? All of my posts are legit, most made in games... I have never posted to up my post count.  Even when I was resurrecting Noob threads, it was to entertain (and because I hate to see anything wasted, even Noob threads)... You're free to dislike or even hate my contributions to these forums... But that does not make them spam.

So your saying that that particular "Meh" post was directed at me? If so, all I can do is laugh, (sort of like this: laugh.gif) because I hadn't posted in this thread until that point. As for your posts, well, perhaps that's a matter for a another time, because right now I can't be a*sed to get into a little insignificant flame war that this would inevitably develop into. So I propose we perhaps let it lie and agree to disagree before we both get warned and banned (well, the latter is only a matter of time in my case the way people seem to 'dislike' me around here). Here's the deal: you cut me a teensy bit of slack, I stop the 'bitching'.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding... My use of white space was suppossed to indicate a separate thought.... The 'Meh' was not intended specifically for you, rather, it was aimed at the trash talk that appeared immediately before that posting... it was not your fault, then. The only part of this aimed at you was the indignant response to your implication that I only posted to up my post count... that ticked me off, and I blew up. Happens to the best of us...

as to the last line of your response: *Sigh* I have been, my friend, I have been...
Quoth(The Raven)
Just checked this thread again, for the heck of it... Since we closed the poll, Tobias has actually been creeping up on Emma! What's that all about? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.