Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Almighty Picture-altering Extravaganza!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft > Games
Pages: 1, 2
Wytukaze
I have an idea for a game, inspired by this, this and a game I often play with my friends over MSN.

The basic premise is that someone posts a picture and then that picture is altered, and then that new picture is altered and so on. It often results in some amusing end pictures.

Hmm.. Examples, examples.. Here's one, copied from MSN using MSN handwriting to make the pictures.

Tools? MS Paint or programs of like kind, preferably.. Beautifully crafted pictures may well look great, but they're hard to alter effectively. Same goes with animated GIFs. Since you can't directly post images here, you'll need somewhere to store them on the intarweb. And retrieving a picture is easy, right-click and "Save As" or similar in most browsers.

Rules? None, other than nothing offensive. You can alter the size, colour, whatever, and it's almost (but not actually) required that you add something new to it.

I'll start off then, with.. A circle! Well, it can pretend, anyway.

mooooooooooopo

An eye, a hypnotic one...included twice for effect.
Wytukaze

A sink. With a fork!
mooooooooooopo

A moose eating food while tripping out on something.

[edit]Bah! Jaq deleted her post that was before this one![/edit]
Wytukaze

It's the TV News moose!
mooooooooooopo

A kitchen, with some people eating breakfast. And for some reason a video projector showing the intro to the morning news.
Wytukaze

Zoomed in, and it's much stranger than it first appears...

Drawn inexpertly while trying to eat popcorn with my other hand.

[This isn't really editing the previous image, but since it's just you and me posting, moop, I figured I'd amuse myself]
LoLo
JimiJimi
It's a little sick, but come on! It's not a real cat you know!

Samorine
voices_in_my_head
mooooooooooopo

The results of cross breeding devils (see horns) and superheros (see 'W' logo). The redness seems to be a the common linking quality that makes it all possible. biggrin.gif
Wytukaze
I did two alternatives because.. er.. I'm bored.

Where's a devil without fire?

I'm not sure this one needs any explanation, nor can I give any.
JimiJimi

*Cough*

[edit] I believe I should call him 'froggy the chain smoking frog', and he's now my little character who's gonna pop up as often as he can.
voices_in_my_head

But he had to climb trees to get to his house.
mooooooooooopo

^ Was the link in the above post meant to be that? The URL you linked to gave a 404 error so I went and did some photobucket rummaging.

The camp space devils used thier soft appearance to trick earthlings into a false sense of security then stomped whole cities.

Can people please stop posting JPEGs? Sure, they're compressed but the lossy compression makes it a nightmare to alter images thanks to the horrible smudgy blurring effect it causes. GIF or PNG are far nicer formats for this game, not that MS Paint supports PNG.
JimiJimi

What's wrong with JPEGs?

This is the crazy camp demon trampling filetypes in honour of its master filetype.

[edit] If you do actually decide you want to edit that, edit this version. Even though it's still a JPEG.
LoLo
mooooooooooopo

First some idiot decides a thatched roof would be nice. That's when the dragons come along and before you know it there goes the neighbourhood.

It's like fast food with a built in oven and no washing up.
Usurper MrTeapot
mooooooooooopo

The rocket worked suprisingly well considering the quality of workmanship.
hinsley

omg way too much time to play with.
JimiJimi
An artist's impression of the polar ice caps melting due to too many factories causing glabal warming due to a hole in the ozone layer. Topical, eh?

Just for you moop, it's a gif. Although it's pieced together from JPEGs.

It's come a long way from a circle, no?
Phyllis

The polar bear got tired of Jimi talking about the jpegs, so he mauled him and made Jimi stirfry for dinner! tongue.gif hehe

(oh, and note the family portrait biggrin.gif )
mooooooooooopo

Incoming plane through a telescope.

Another quick one, an Igloo and some Arctic tundra.

Don't reply to this, Spoony has a better one on the way but I was bored.
EvilSpork

Moments before... The sirfry's ingredient.
voices_in_my_head

what happens when you don't look both ways before crossing.
mooooooooooopo

Car surfing is good clean fun 'til someone loses an eye.

(Those bridges are a menace to society)
Usurper MrTeapot

Argh!
Phyllis

Moments later, a homosexual necrophiliac duck wanders onto the scene...I won't show you what happens next. This is a family show.

Oh, and Teapot's pigeons appear to have gotten to the plane...
Novander

I added a monocle and an agreeable ninja penguin.
mooooooooooopo

The first ever space duck was selected not for its ability but because it was far too perverted to be allowed to remain on Earth.
I_am_the_best
I'm sorry, but that duck resembles Emma a bit doesn't she? smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/EmaJane/whatever.bmp

Well, salt shaker.
Moosh

The world's first orbital space lighter

EDIT: Damn, IATB got there first
JimiJimi
QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Mar 9 2005, 01:08 AM)

Moments before... The sirfry's ingredient.

If candice said that the polar bear was cooking Jimi stir-fry, and therefore that is meant to be me... My hair is brown. And I don't wear green shirts.

I'm a little badly drawn futuristic teapot short and stout...
Samorine
mooooooooooopo

An SGI O2 in it's full Irix goodness on a desk next to a cup of coffee.

(The main bit of the O2 case was made from the penguin/rocket/teapot, in case I'm accused of not using much of the previous image. tongue.gif)
Wytukaze

Never put windows on an SGI box.. Just look at the poor thing!

Why a tophat? Why not?
Samorine
Usurper MrTeapot
Phyllis

Moop came along and cheered the poor ickle SGI up!

(hum de dum...nooo I don't feel threatened by SGI, really. tongue.gif )

biggrin.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Woah! We've got 3 versions of the real picture. May the best pic be edited...

*VOTE TEAPOT FOR EDIT*
Phyllis
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 9 2005, 12:04 PM)
Woah! We've got 3 versions of the real picture. May the best pic be edited...

*VOTE TEAPOT FOR EDIT*

Shouldn't you be doing your homework? ohmy.gif

Don't vote Teapot, vote Cand! tongue.gif
Feyliya
Looks like a good string to me. I don't see any breaks.

*edit:
Nevermind. Samorine's wasn't modified from.
mooooooooooopo

Not only had Ezekiel been ripped off by a bunch of geeks at the computer shop but his quake skills had gone downhill and there was...oh gods no...something wet on his hand.
The wireless mouse was good though, and silky smooth to the touch!

Woot! One from each, so you'll have to fight among yourselves. tongue.gif
Wytukaze

Image defaced by ninja aardvark/anteater/vague snouted creature!
Novander

With the pentagram on the screen, a demon thingy appeared through the rift ninja aardvark created. Which always sets fire to nearby cups of tea, of course.
mooooooooooopo

The demon and the aardvark realised their common love of ant snorting (don't ask, weird things happen in hell, and aardvarks are just odd) and became friends. They formed the band 'Demonvark' and became rich and famous, and of course, their spotlights burned like the fires of hell so the demon never got homesick and ant snorting is acceptable in the rockstar lifestyle.
Wytukaze

First, he steals his ants. Then, he goes off with some hussy of a succubus, leaving ninja aardvark with nobody but a smiling face on the wall for company. But the teacup.. That was the last straw. Nobody, not even a trusted bandmate, spills ninja aardvark's tea. He was out of there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.