Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catching Snowflakes On Your Tongue
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mata
Yep, today I wandered along a quiet bit of road with my head back and my mouth open, catching snowflakes on my tongue.

I'm currently using the student fridge (ie. a plastic bag out of the window) to keep my wine cool.

What have you done today that's fun?
Greeneyes
Not a lot, but tomorrow, I'm thinking of going up to Winchester in the hope of finding some free booze. tongue.gif

EDIT: This seems kinda spammy on re-read, and now that I think of it, covering my hand is scotch tape was rather amusing.
Usurper MrTeapot
I have had a most fine time in the company of friends...and the complimentary snow ball fight curtousy of the weather smile.gif. A friend and I are saving snowballs in our freezers to throw at people in July. Oh how mature we are...
Forever Unknown
tomorrow, I'm thinking of going up to Winchester in the hope of finding some free booze.

There's free booze here? *goes looking*

Today I've enjoyed the snow. It hasn't settled at all here over the past few days, but at work it's been everywhere. So I wrote 'ARSE' in huge letters across the car park. It's very professional.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Feb 25 2005, 12:05 AM)
So I wrote 'ARSE' in huge letters across the car park. It's very professional.

Did you 'write in the snow' in the conventional manner, as that would be quite a feat. I would be impressed. tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
I got to pretend to be in warpdrive whilst driving through the snow (very geeky but fun) and be the first to tread in the snow on my drive way. But thats about all I got to see of the snow seeing as it didn't stick to long round here and I was in work.
Mata
So far today I've enjoyed smashing bottles at the recycling centre. *CRASH tinkle tinkle tinkle* biggrin.gif

Greeneyes, is this Winchester, Hampshire, UK that you're coming to?
Feyliya
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 25 2005, 05:38 AM)
So far today I've enjoyed smashing bottles at the recycling centre. *CRASH tinkle tinkle tinkle* biggrin.gif

Ooh! I'm jealous! I haven't done that in ages!

Today I've been watching Randy laugh at these Halo animations. I love watching him laugh. He shows dimples when he does. biggrin.gif
depressed lonely crazy person
I went to TAFE got to discuss the moskito invasion with a class mate then spend 4 hours drawing cartoon characters then making up stories for each one. Oh and I got to play with a photocopyer<sp that goes shlip shlip wooooooh shlip shlip wooooooh flap click bleep bleep flash:P
ravein
I spent the morning cuddled up with my girl friend. I was late to work and didnt care cause I got to spend a extra hour keeping each other warm on a very cold morning. It was rather lovely and a great way to start my day.
dancing hamster guy
Spent the morning making dodgy coil pots in art
little_bear
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Feb 25 2005, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 25 2005, 05:38 AM)

Ooh! I'm jealous! I haven't done that in ages!

Today I've been watching Randy laugh at these Halo animations. I love watching him laugh. He shows dimples when he does. biggrin.gif

Would that be Red vs Blue? In which case, I salute you, for they are probably the funniest peices of machinima I've ever see.

I spent this morning desperately trying to keep awake through Chemistry.

"No more oxidation numbers, please..."
trunks_girl26
I spent my morning enjoying my coffee, my bagel with creamcheese, and my Mozart biography while I got to watch the sky brighten and got warmed by the sun.

I love my day off
Moosh
Went to a gig last night and so I was very tired all day today at school. But it was worth it just to see some old friends again that I hadn't seen for ages
Hobbes
I had a tiny snowball fight just before work... in an adult, and mature way of course. Why, oh, why didn't it snow on my day off?!
saucy_tara
I had a snowball fight with my son in the school playground and got told off by a teacher.... blush.gif
What a bad mother I am...
ravein
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Feb 25 2005, 02:50 PM)
I had a snowball fight with my son in the school playground and got told off by a teacher.... blush.gif

I think you a excellent mother. tongue.gif
I wish it would snow here, it is hard to have a sunshine fight.

I had french fries for lunch, not a big thing unless your on a diet.
{Gothic Angel}
Today I skipped Biology and walked to my house in the snow with Kirsty. It was great biggrin.gif And we caught snowflakes on our tounges. And dodged the snowflakes. And broke the ice on the puddles biggrin.gif

Im mature.

Edit : Guy, I thought you couldn't drink booze?
Wyvern
Whilst hurtling around work in my customary energetic manner I managed to make both the store director and the big top administrator from New York jump and squeek!

Oh its such a giggle to see senior members of the work force look so completely startled, bewildered and unnerved in turn by little, harmless me. tongue.gif
I_am_the_best
I had a piano lesson today and my teacher was pleased with me, which was a start considering I haven't practised properly for two weeks... I also got to miss an awful test and detention and it was my friends birthday so everyone was in good moods. We had snowball fights in the playground which were good and then the buzzer went about two minutes later. *sigh* Fun times still...
gothictheysay
Today I made pasta by myself for the first time (I know, I have lived a spoiled life) and it was successful. biggrin.gif
Novander
Tonight I went to a party held by a friend from uni, where I was the only science-subject student, and felt rather out of place. Then everyone started taking drugs, and I felt even more out of place, so I came home.

And I used to go to college in Winchester, Hampshire, UK. Which, during the day at least, is a fine city methinks.
Mata
King Alf's or the art school? I'm doing my PhD at KA, although it's called University College Winchester these days.
Novander
neither - Peter Symonds College.
Forever Unknown
neither - Peter Symonds College.

Heh. I used to go there.

... Well. When I bothered to turn up.
Tarantio
Last night (technically earlier today...) I went to Dundee union's rock night and moshed and headbanged a bit. It was fun. Then some guy tried to start a moshpit by shoving me and, thinking that this was a good idea, I shoved him back...

HE WENT FACE FIRST INTO THE FLOOR! I WAS LAUGHING FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT!

yeah, thanks dace... thanks a lot...

Today I also entered a painting competition and got to the final three. I was happy enough with that.
Cath Sparrow
I got to sit snuggled up with a good friend yesterday afternoon and drink wine which considering the day before which wasn't such a good day was really nice thing to be able to do some times your just cant beat a really good real life hug.
artist.unknown
I went to the camp I go to during the summer and stomped around a forest in the snow and took pictures. Then sat in front of a fireplace in the lodge (yum) with some tea. The sort of thing that makes you feel alive.
saucy_tara
Today I had a break from cooking and was treated to a lovely take away curry biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I also got the invitation to be chaperone to Decoded Feedback, one of my fave bands, at Infest this year!!! I'm sooooo chuffed!! And, contrary to what my mate said when I told her , I'm not a groupie rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
I get to dress up and go out with friends today.
spiffilicious05
I spent 30 hours on a greyhound travel bus with 55 girls and boys -- most of which were under the age of 14.

But my friends played fluffy bunny with our coach and had a blast.

(you stick as many marshmellows in your mouth as you can while trying to say the phrase 'fluffy bunny')
elphaba2
I've been saving up my fun things from the past week or so, so bear with me:

-I saw the Grand Canyon entirely swathed in fog, pure whiteness, which, contrary to what most of the people around me grumbled, was AMAZING--it felt like the very edge of the universe.

-I went to Zion Nat'l Park in Utah, which was full of very patient Mormons, and went on a lovely trek through canyons and got wet in a waterfall, dried off, and made a very small pot out of red clay I pried out of the path with my fingernails, which miraculously survived the plane ride home.

-I wrote a run-on sentence.

-I flirted outrageously with an interesting waiter, and though it may be part of his job to respond charmingly to eyelash-battings by oddly clad and kohled females, it was still fun.

-I slept in an airport terminal and recounted my dreams (for no real reason) to the person next to me, who responded in kind.

-I signed on to play Lord Capulet in a friend's no-budget film of Romeo and Juliet, and get to wear a little drawn-on Elizabethian goatee.

-I slept for a whole twelve hours and got out of bed feeling rested.
spiffilicious05
I got my first college acceptance letter and they offered me a scholarship too! smile.gif
froggle-rock
Today, wot happend to me that was fun: I was tickled, and I laughed lots! biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
Ooo! I saw Matabags in a local shop! biggrin.gif

I also learned to draft a collar today. Which was cool!
Polocrunch
QUOTE (ravein @ Feb 25 2005, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Feb 25 2005, 02:50 PM)

I think you a excellent mother. tongue.gif
I wish it would snow here, it is hard to have a sunshine fight.

I had french fries for lunch, not a big thing unless your on a diet.

Depends. Tara, did you throw lumps of ice, in the manner of an unsporting snowballer? If you did, I think I'd have to agree with the teacher.

EDIT FOR RELEVANCE: Also, today I downloaded Skype and listened to Candice giggle!
saucy_tara
No Polo, I was very well behaved and used only fine powdery snow to create my snowballs...Maybe knocking over a load of 6 year olds in the scuffle for fresh snow wasn't such a good idea though...
innocent.gif
trunks_girl26
I started making a scarf today. This time, I'm using two strands at once, so it seems like the two are becoming one. I'm not sure who this one's going to (I always give away the things I crochet), but it's going to look good. happy.gif
Polocrunch
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Mar 5 2005, 07:55 PM)
No Polo, I was very well behaved and used only fine powdery snow to create my snowballs...Maybe knocking over a load of 6 year olds in the scuffle for fresh snow wasn't such a good idea though...
innocent.gif

Bollocks! Knocking them over will teach 'em valuable lessons about... gravity. Or something.
I_am_the_best
Hmm. Today I did a show and had to wear a bright green leotard and an horrendous bird head thingy. It was sooo embarrassing, and there was a really fit boy in another theatre school there aswell!
trunks_girl26
Today was the first geuinely warm day we've had since winter started. It was so great to walk across campus and enjoy the sunshine. It put me into such a good mood that I came home and cleaned- yup, that's what I do when I'm really happy- I clean.

I also got to play a bunch of music while I did, because the roomie had class all day.
elphaba2
Yesterday, I ran a bath and sat for about an hour re-reading One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, which is possibly my favorite book. And for once the tub wasn't full of dead bugs, so it was extremely relaxing. Today was a lovely purging sort of Dumpster Day and I blasted music and drank delicious coffee.
froggle-rock
Well, it happened yesturday, but I'll say it still.

Yesturday I went and played DnD with Mr T and Commie, and it was fun. T was really helpful and spent ages with me setting up my character (neutral evil bard gnome). The other players were cool, and I got to finaly meet Mr T, and see Commie again which made me happy biggrin.gif
spiffilicious05
I got to go shopping with my mommy! biggrin.gif

I haven't had a mom and daughter day in over a year! I love my mom -- she's the coolest person I know.
Feyliya
Torrid is having a massive 50% off clearance sale and my mummy bought me $100 worth of awesome new clothes! I wub.gif my mommy! This is the first time in....ever....that I've had an actual decent wardrobe! I actually have business-type clothes now! ::is giddy with glee::
Cath Sparrow
Went wedding dress shopping with a friend yesterday (hers not mine) and we got to bitch about all the nasty or stupidly big dress we saw (she's getting married in Greece so there is no way a tradition style dress will do) It was much fun and we saw one that look suspiciously like a marshmellow it was pink and everything. *sniggers* biggrin.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Haveing a tidy round the house, bopping to Erasure - with my son belly laughing at me and twirling in circles (his equivalent of dancing).

I wish I had a video camera, I really really do. biggrin.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Mar 14 2005, 12:05 PM)
Haveing a tidy round the house, bopping to Erasure - with my son belly laughing at me and twirling in circles (his equivalent of dancing).

I wish I had a video camera, I really really do.    biggrin.gif

I do too. I want to see this 'circle-twirling' you speak of. Perhaps I could add it to my repertoire of 'moves'. They currently include: The Saville, The Funky Saville, The Monkey Saville, The Digital Saville, Construction and The Crab. Oh, and the 5-step, which is rythmic genius. And The Peacock, which is a bit crap, but there you go.
{Gothic Angel}
Not today, but last weekend (yesterday and saturday), Dan came down to see me.

*happy hormones* wub.gif innocent.gif
voices_in_my_head
My dad found a hill behind the local highschool that's perfect for sledding...

So, we went sledding. The best part? When I talked my dad into going down the hill. He got halfway there, and flipped, then kept sliding down the hill on his back. I ran down the hill to see if he was okay, and then I fell, and went sliding until I hit a patch of ice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.