Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catching Snowflakes On Your Tongue
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
This happened the other day.... but it was fun!

I ice skated on Madison Avenue.... the ice was so bad up here you could slide down the street.
ravein
today I woke up to snow. It is almost spring here and it is snowing outside! YAY! For global warming!
So I caught snowflakes on my tongue and spent a extra hour in bed snuggling with my gf and watching the snow fall.
Jaq
I started my day with my entire first class cheerfully shouting my name and taking all of my material away from me so they could carry it upstairs.

I got paid to play Scrabble.

I talked to Korean teenagers about
a. feelings of disenfranchisement,
b. the general feeling of confusion that goes with growing up and also
c. dissecting fetal pigs.

I ended my day with a tuna kimbap while walking home with my co-workers and doing the perv walk.

All in all a pretty good day...
Cath Sparrow
Tomorrow I get rid of the parents for the weekend and replace them with Wyvern! Yay!
{Gothic Angel}
- Today it was sunny and warm and smelled of summer.
- My music teacher said, in an unprovoked comment, that I have a naturally good voice.
- I had a whole conversation with mum without fighting, and came away feeling good about myself and her.
- I got my work done for chemistry on time for once.
- I just rediscovered a series of books I adored when I was younger and found I have the time to read them sometimes.

I love this thread. Bad things have happened today, but for once I'm actually focussing on the positive. Its amazing the difference it makes biggrin.gif
{Gothic Angel}
Today we went down to the canal and sta in the sunshine for lunch. We threw giant chocolate buttons to the swans, until we realised we were throwing chocolate away. The swans were pretty funny on a sugar high though.

Ahhhh biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
Me and my mom went to the park, and threw some crackers and pieces of bread to the ducks...then the ducks started fighting over the bread... It was very funny to watch, actuly.

After that, we went to the park's jungle gym, and I acted like some five-year-old with a sugar high.... I got a pretty good laugh when my mom got on the swing set, and tried to jump off...
artist.unknown
I ate icing for my cake off the beater (unplugged, even I'm not THAT dippy). Yay.
Mata
Mmm, just made icing is great!

Today I saw my first butterfly of the year, and soon I'm off to London to meet up with forumy people. I love London.
I_am_the_best
Wooo, I went to Camden today and then went to an amazing piano concert. Yay! I also got 'healed' by the Jesus man who stands on the corner, woo!
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Mar 19 2005, 05:54 PM)
I also got 'healed' by the Jesus man who stands on the corner, woo!

...Is it considered normal to have Jesus man standing on your street corner?
*can't shake image of Jesus, just walking down the street, just casully waving at people...*

Anyway, I went to the mall today to pick up my contacts, and got to watch a 5-year-old crack up when she noticed my (now pink-ish at the tips) hair and velvet cowboy hat... her thoughts on it? "your hair looks *giggle* funny!"

My dad looked at me like he expected me to slap her, but I found it rather cute...
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Mar 20 2005, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Mar 19 2005, 05:54 PM)
I also got 'healed' by the Jesus man who stands on the corner, woo!

...Is it considered normal to have Jesus man standing on your street corner?
*can't shake image of Jesus, just walking down the street, just casully waving at people...*

He's like this man with all these signs saying 'Jesus Is Alive' who talks about random stuff that I don't understand, but he proclaimed me 'healed' yesterday, muhahaha!

Well today I woke up and had breakfast before 11!!
voices_in_my_head
huh.gif how odd... Sounds like he could use a good trip to The Pavillion...

Well, today my mom has promised to bring me back to the park, so that I can swing agian...
I'm a bit amazed that this is what I'm doing on my last day of spring break, but oh well...

Edit: it's just occored to me that you wouldn't know what the pavillion is. It's sort of a mental hostpital, that seems to come up in my conversations with friends alot...
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Mar 20 2005, 10:14 AM)
He's like this man with all these signs saying 'Jesus Is Alive' who talks about random stuff that I don't understand, but he proclaimed me 'healed' yesterday, muhahaha!

Well today I woke up and had breakfast before 11!!

Clearly you have been healed of your inability to get up in the mornings tongue.gif
froggle-rock
I had fun night at the meet, met more forumites, drank, went club, drank, faffed about, drank, danced. Then after the clubage I went to me fella's to have a snuggles and ate Sunday dinner.

I liked it biggrin.gif
Forever Unknown
Wooo, I went to Camden today and then went to an amazing piano concert. Yay! I also got 'healed' by the Jesus man who stands on the corner, woo!

CAPTAIN BIRDSEYE!

He's wicked. We love him.

And, y'know what? He's only mental when he's shouting. When there's a one-on-one situation, he has surprising cohesion and clarity.

He's still the daddy, though.
elphaba2
Today I pranced about on ladders while painting a kids daycare center, and invented the almighty "paint-brush-on-a-stick" for getting the bits I was still too short to reach. It was thoroughly awesome.

Yesterday I pranced about on couches at a vague acquaintance's birthday party and gave her a weird present. Then I calmed down, sat on a couch with about twelve people, and watched Almost Famous while discussing entirely stupid things. It was faaantastic.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
This afternoon/evening I went to Daedalus' and we snuggled lots, it's been over a month since I saw him and I missed him!
depressed lonely crazy person
Today I
went to the newsagents and saw a cool new music mag
talked to a friend about her peircing my septum tongue.gif
got out of washing up
payed for my ebay item and am currently crossing my fingers that he posts it tomorrow so I won't have to wait aaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllll weekend for it to arrive
I played with my cats which had found a warm spot on mums bed and were as a result all cuddled into a big cat pile
spiffilicious05
Okay, so I didn't get into Boston College (not my first choice anyways)

But I made the top boat at crew in line ups smile.gif

There are now three boats, 20 people were cut from the varsity team.
One of my friends was cut though sad.gif
elphaba2
*bump*

I missed this thread, and as I spent an utterly fantastic past 15 minutes I felt it my duty to let everyone know smile.gif. I took a lovely walk (which, though lovely, was not the fantastic thing) and enjoyed some sun. As I approached a corner, a wonderful sequence of events ensued, beginning with my noticing a car:

I charitably let the car go by, despite the yield sign. I noticed the Student Driver sign in the window, which provided an explanation. I notived the co-driver's brilliantly silver head. I noticed a sort of acquaintance who is a boy. Who is nice-smelling and a wonderful person. Who was smiling and waving from the back seat. AND as far as I know, there was no person holding a sign up behind me that read "SMILE AND WAVE".

Stupid, I know. But someone should've warned me about this freakin' smiling thing. I can't stop.

blush.gif

Today was a snowflake catching day.
Cath Sparrow
Oooo! I like this thread to! biggrin.gif
On the day I was told I might be made redundant (there's no might in it) not such a nice thing but what can you do? I walk out of work early (the stress you know! It was just to much) and went and met up with friends in a local country park and sat in the sun eatting ice cream.
Mata
Despite being very busy, I went and chat with a friend for ten minutes in the shop where she works. It's nice to take breaks!
LPScythe
Line dance after eating God knows how much.

It felt so wrong, yet so right.
voices_in_my_head
I don't exactly know why this made me happy, but today I got to hold and feed the baby that my mom babysits sometimes.

I guess it was the extreme cuteness...
Snugglebum the Destroyer
This is uber girlie...

I walked out of the house at 10pm, annoyed and feeling constricted. Went for a walk on the pretence of getting milk and popping to see my mate. Was striding along, music blaring, passed this blossom tree and stopped dead. The smell was fantastic and I just stood there for a few minutes inhaling.

Made me feel tons better.
Mata
Actually, the picture I just drew for my blog has made me very happy smile.gif

:plug::plug::plug:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/blog/?p=30
froggle-rock
I am a happy Froggy today because I discovered that I do like devil stix more than I thought. And I was teaching some circusy stuff today to some of the children at one of my mum's home ed groups. I really enjoyed it because I don't often have a go at all the stuff we have. Also, it reminded me of circus camp, which is fun, plus it reminded me I should start practising with my staff more often, because I need to actual learn new skills, insted of just going over the same old ones. Then later on I went with my family to a circus skills work shop. I still haven't plucked up the courage to get on the stilts though, they are like *streaches arms up* this high. All in all, a happy made day for me biggrin.gif When I got home I had a chat with fella and we caught up with eachother, which is always a nice way to end the day (well, even thought I am ending my day by making this post, I'm sure you know what I mean). *lots of happines here*

mata, your picture made me giggle wink.gif
elphaba2
Out of nowhere, my school had this fair thing. 15 minute classes and a giant bouncy inflatable obstacle course/slide. There was a pig, and dudes playing shirtless soccer. And I wandered about for a good ten minutes staring at it all. "How can this be?" thought I. "School is a place of misery and confusion. Now I have only confusion!"

And then I went and got some freaking cotton candy. Wow. Today was quite easily the best school day ever. If it weren't for the "Academic P[r]ep Rally" and fascist security guards feeling my sleeves (squeezing my arms pretty @#$ing hard) to make sure I didn't steal the raffle money I would have ripped skin checking to see that this all wasn't a giant, inflatable dream.

Best bit of all of it, though, was getting to walk the pig on a leash and coaxing it to drop a load on the football field!
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ May 27 2005, 04:13 PM)
Best bit of all of it, though, was getting to walk the pig on a leash and coaxing it to drop a load on the football field!

ohmy.gif why didn't I think of that!?

I went to a zoo in New Mexico today. It was pretty run down, but they had some cool animals... Like albino peacocks, and depressed tigers! The best part was that while we were standing in front of the monkey cage (I swear these monkeys were on something) This really loud and obnoxius kid who kept screaming "look! look! I want one!" Stuck her hand in the monkey cage, and got charged at by about 6 monkeys. Her face was priceless.
Cath Sparrow
I got to spend last week in Nottingham with friends and we went out on Saturday night to the Pit and Pendulum and then on to Rock City where I spent the night dancing like a loon and had a great time.
And today after months of waiting and pestering the Tshirts I ordered arrived in time for Cand to bring them over when she comes to the UK.
elphaba2
Little things today: I bought myself some chocolate and the machine gave me a quarter back from my exact change, I sang a song with a friend, and I have a night of vamping and swimming to look forward to. I especially look forward to the vamping.
Daria
My hammok is making me happy today. Oh, and that it's sunny also helps biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
My mom takes care of small children during the day (sort of an at-home day care, but with way less kids) and yesterday she was watching a 3 month old baby. We Decided that he needed a new hairstlye, and gave him a mohawk using baby lotion. His mom broke out laughing when she saw it. Wish I had taken a picture of it - It was so cute! biggrin.gif
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ May 20 2005, 12:37 AM)
I am a happy Froggy today because I discovered that I do like devil stix more than I thought.  And I was teaching some circusy stuff today to some of the children at one of my mum's home ed groups.  I really enjoyed it because I don't often have a go at all the stuff we have.  Also, it reminded me of circus camp, which is fun, plus it reminded me I should start practising with my staff more often, because I need to actual learn new skills, insted of just going over the same old ones.

I finally got my Poipoi the other day. They rock. It's almost as good as music for stress relief and it stops mum nagging me to get out of the house. AND it can lead on into fire twirling which I've loved since... forever.

And I was captain of the ribbon dancing squad in gymnastics when I was ickle so it makes me feel like a happy little kid again tongue.gif
I_am_the_best
Today was a good day. I re-lived my childhood and ran down the road barefoot slapping my feet down on all the flying ants and feeling the satisfactory crunch as they die. I know it's all very mean, but it was one of my great childhood hobbies. Then I put some shoes on and went with my family to the pub. I saw a couple of people I knew on the way but didn't say anything because I'm shy like that. And then I had a good chat about Scandinavia with smile.gif my dad. I love days like these.
froggle-rock
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jul 5 2005, 08:51 PM)
I finally got my Poipoi the other day. They rock. It's almost as good as music for stress relief and it stops mum nagging me to get out of the house. AND it can lead on into fire twirling which I've loved since... forever.

And I was captain of the ribbon dancing squad in gymnastics when I was ickle so it makes me feel like a happy little kid again tongue.gif

*high fives Gothic Angel*

Today I went to my annual borough festival. It was really nice and sunny and I took siblings with me. On the way home we sucked on honeysuckle which was pleasing. Oh, and we bought some purple basil!
Righteous
Since it was technically today as it was 12:30 AM, I'll list it. My friend and I went to the beach on a whim with a five-gallon bucket so I could make a new ashtray. What we found thrilling about it is that we had parked more-or-less in the middle of the road while I ran over the dune to get the sand. When I came back over, my friend slowly moved foreward as I tried to put it in the back seat of his car. I started laughing even though it was really stupid.

Regardless of what it is we're doing, I wouldn't trade the time I spend with my friends for anything.

Also, sometime today, I'll be able to give my little sister a hug and hear her say, "I love you too, Jamie."
Quoth(The Raven)
Finally finished rearranging the room... yay!
Righteous
I stood in the middle of my livingroom and lip-synced to Philler songs. Why? Because it's fun; I don't care how stupid I look.
funky fairy
I watched something so funny today. I work in the hospital and outside my department was parked what we call the death bed. My supervisor got under the plastic cover and waited for someone to go past then let his hand drop out at the side, what hilarity, I almost wet myself laughing!!
bikerroc
Today was beautiful, one of the last balmy days of the summer I think. My mates and I headed off on our motorcycles to a beautiful part of our country. I rode pillion today and actually saw the mountains and the sea in all their glory. After a lovely picnic, we headed back and I kept thinking "Life is good" Just one of those weird days when I saw everything with new eyes.
Daria
Last night I laid in my hammok for over an hour looking at the stars, watching the bats fly overhead, and listening to the owls.
It seemed to put everything in perspective.
And then today has been so different...
Righteous
I frolicked in the rain and used it as an excuse to test out my new stage makeup.
elphaba2
A voicemail on my phone (clearly a wrong number)

Phantom voicemailer: (indecipherable-sounding foreign language, followed by): je suis (possibly? or "jesse", which is probably more likely)...he loves you.

*click*

The mere oddness of it had me occupied nearly all afternoon.
eleraama
Last week, I re-recorded my voice mail message.... in French.
This week, I may do Japanese, or may leave some random bewildering comment. Like

"Sorry, mate, but this cow's closed."
elphaba2
You!
Matthew
Got up stupidly early, even though it's my day off, and went for a walk down the seafront not another soul was about...
It was just me, the dawn and the sound of waves.

* Read post back, worries about being a hippy *
froggle-rock
Yesturday and today I cried because I was happy. I felt waves of elation, a kind of eutopia over me. I felt so overwhelmed by everything I have, and everything I have yet to experiance. It is so incredibly beautiful and I don't feel at all scared. Just so immeasurable happy. No drug can make me feel this way. It's been happenining more frequantly and when I'm in the company of those I hardly know compared to before. I don't just love these waves, I am in love with them.
{Gothic Angel}
Awwww happy.gif That's so cute! I want euphoria, dammit tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.