Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matazone Board Awards
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Quoth(The Raven)
Hmmmm. Random user of the month... Ah likes it! laugh.gif
Feyliya
Two nominations!
::feels wub.gif ed::
I'd nominate, but there are too many awesome people out there and I don't want to leave anyone out. I'll just try my best to vote when the poll comes up!
JimiJimi
QUOTE (moop @ Feb 27 2005, 11:00 PM)
<privacy waffle>
The poll will not ask you for any login information or passwords, voters are tracked by their IP address. Things are done in such a way that there is no way for me to retrieve a users IP from the poll database or link a vote to a specific user, so everything is essentially anonymous while maintaining the "one user one vote" ideal.
Only the total number of votes for each option and wether a user has voted in the overall poll is recorded. Likewise raw IP addresses are not recorded. Instead they are passed through a one way hashing algorithm (MD5) which maintains the uniqueness of the IP address while scrambling it in such a way that it is impossible to return to the original data.
</privacy waffle>

What about the poor people who don't have fixed IP addresses? Does that mean they can vote whenever they disconnect and reconnect?
mooooooooooopo
I guess they could if they were that sad, but then if it was done as a poll on the forum they could just create multiple accounts. Email verification is another option but that's just downright annoying for the users.

Yeah, there are better ways of doing it but they involve far more effort than I feel like putting in right now.
Sir Psycho Sexy
wow....not one nomination (other than teapot, but that was just a lucky dip)

*tear*
elphaba2
Oh pshaw. Cease your weeping, for I second whatever nomination Fey is currently writing.

*mutters something about drama queens*
Feyliya
On second thought, I'll weigh in, anyway.

User That Deserves to be a Moderator: Mata will decide when the time comes.

Best user of the Month: SPS! I'm surprised someone else hasn't nominated him yet!

Moron of the month: I'm not going there...

Coolest user of the Month: SPS, again! Tall, sexay, smart, I've got to put his name in!

Most helpful user of the Month: Dark Inferno and Oni for helping to fix up the boards.

Best Icon of the Month: SPS! His Avvie is my absolute favorite!

Worst Icon of the Month: I think I'll avoid this one....

User who needs to be adopted: I don't think DLCP was ever adopted. If not, I'll adopt her!

Newcomer of the Month: Lola the Smexy Kittenfish! A diplomatic noob!

Thread of the Month: My Guild Wars thread! ::insert blatant plug here::

Random User of the Month: Randomly, I'll choose Erin. She deserves an award.

Nicest User of the Month: I don't know, everyone's so nice I just can't decide! *Edit: On second thought, Elphaba! Always sweet and nice to everyone!

Smartest User of the Month: Mata! Here's hoping this nomination brings luck to his thesis!

Funniest user of the Month: Jonman makes me laugh regularly!

Flamer of the Month: I'm not touching this one, either...

Spammer of the Month: Dang, there's a LOT of nominations to avoid...

Best Profile of the Month: I don't know, I never look at profiles, really.

Best Signature of the Month: I like SPS's. So simple, yet so true!

Most Banned User: They all were equally banned, this catagory just doesn't work.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Mar 9 2005, 11:50 PM)
Oh pshaw. Cease your weeping, for I second whatever nomination Fey is currently writing.

*mutters something about drama queens*

There you go SPS - your nomination as Drama Queen of the Month.

Enjoy. tongue.gif
Novander
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 9 2005, 11:44 PM)

*tear*
Oh, alright. I wasn't going to nominate anyone for anything, but I nominate sir psycho sexy for whatever category currently has the least nominations, because its nice to have a little variety when voting.
Sir Psycho Sexy
yay! sympathy votes! tongue.gif
Feyliya
None of mine were sympathy votes, you deserve every one of them. So tongue.gif to you!
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Mar 9 2005, 11:59 PM)

Most Banned User:  They all were equally banned, this catagory just doesn't work.

Not quite true, I remember a couple of users that had to be banned repeatedly in various incarnations...
Feyliya
Here, P@, I think we all agree you deserve this! tongue.gif

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Mar 9 2005, 04:22 PM)
Not quite true, I remember a couple of users that had to be banned repeatedly in various incarnations...

True, very true. But let's not call them back by mentioning them, shall we?
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Well - if we have to give him an award, this seems fitting:

Mwahahahahahaha
Polocrunch
That picture makes me love the internet so much.

Also, I nominate SPS for Biggest Crybaby and Biggest Drama Queen. Suck on that, cryboy! tongue.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Suck on that, cryboy!

I hear that works well on his CV. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Feyliya
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Mar 11 2005, 03:32 PM)
Suck on that, cryboy! tongue.gif

<perv>
So says the gay man! ::giggles::
</perv>
Sir Psycho Sexy
hurrah, it's all about me!! happy.gif tongue.gif
{Gothic Angel}
We interrupt this broadcast to bring you the following announcement:

<little voice>
Yay! A vote! biggrin.gif I'm nice! biggrin.gif

</little voice>

That is all.
Polocrunch
Seems like the rash of nominations is over. Does whoever is in charge of the poll want to update it and open it for voting?
JimiJimi
Ooh, I have best signature by one vote, and joint first coolest user! Something isn't quite right about that...

Not to forget CoBBS for coolest thread!

This calls for a celebration!

Phyllis
QUOTE (Novander @ Mar 9 2005, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 9 2005, 11:44 PM)

*tear*
Oh, alright. I wasn't going to nominate anyone for anything, but I nominate sir psycho sexy for whatever category currently has the least nominations, because its nice to have a little variety when voting.

That'd be moron of the month.

Poor Pat.
Novander
QUOTE (candice @ Mar 16 2005, 07:52 PM)
That'd be moron of the month.
Hmm, I didn't think about that. But I stand by my original point: more options = yay.

SPS, I hope you realise this is nothing personal.
mooooooooooopo
Okay, the poll has been updated and reset.

Vote away!

smile.gif
elphaba2
Where is Lady Fey on the list of nicest users? (not to be a pain) but she is rather nice and has been nominated twice.
mooooooooooopo
Oops. Fixed.

Disclaimer: moop incorporated takes no responsibility for errors, ommisions, glaring lies or offsense caused by this poll. tongue.gif
JimiJimi
There's a moop incorporated?!

*Hides behind sofa*

On another note, are you just gonna say every month 'the winners are blahdeeblah' and then wait for more nominations for the next month and then redo the poll?
Usurper MrTeapot
Whens the closing date for the poll sir moop?
mooooooooooopo
Currently there isn't.

Even with two people it's an evil job putting all the nominations in, so monthly seems unlikely. If I get really bored I might integrate a nomination system into it which'll make things far easier and make a monthly poll more likely
Phyllis
Yeah, I'm not about to help moop with this every month, I'm afraid. Plus I don't see the need to do it monthly.
little_bear
How about every six months?
Sir Psycho Sexy
Can we just give Jimi a "Takes things a little too seriously" award and be done with it?
dancing hamster guy
Hey it looks like I may actually win something!
JimiJimi
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Mar 17 2005, 02:46 AM)
Can we just give Jimi a "Takes things a little too seriously" award and be done with it?

An award? Yay!

What, moop actually made that poll, isn't that taking things a little too seriously? Although I did suggest someone make one...
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Mar 17 2005, 07:03 PM)
What, moop actually made that poll, isn't that taking things a little too seriously? Although I did suggest someone make one...

Eeeeexactly....and you wrote the "Mata Anthem"....and....other...things... >_>

...not really researched this properly have I?
Usurper MrTeapot
*bump*

I know this is a bit eager of me but if we're continuing this for everymonth, or maybe this is a once off, perhaps close the poll and start to nominate people for next months.
Phyllis
No. We're not continuing this every month...unless moop gets _really_ bored and does the nomination system thing, but I wouldn't count on it.
Greeneyes
QUOTE (candice @ Mar 22 2005, 05:41 PM)
No.  We're not continuing this every month...unless moop gets _really_ bored and does the nomination system thing, but I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah, he might have something that needs doing at work. Like..y'know...work.

Nah. tongue.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Pfft, glad to know where his priorities lie.
mooooooooooopo
So today at work I sat and waited for some code to compile, and...err...sat and waited for some code to compile, and ...err...sat and waited for some code to compile, and ...err...oh yea, I lurked on IRC.

Far too busy. >_>

(Seriously though, I do actually do some work! In between sitting and waiting)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.