Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So What Happened?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Site fault reports
Pages: 1, 2
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Mar 12 2005, 01:32 AM)

So, what you're saying, is, you don't like www.webhostingboy.com? laugh.gif
elphaba2
Google also rates a site's placement on the list by how often they're clicked on, so I'd suggest everyone search for webhostingboy.com (whose service sucks) and click on the link to the forums a few times, as a search for webhostingboy (which sucks) puts us on the second page.

Did I mention how webhostingboy.com provides terrible service?
pgrmdave
I remember when the forums were really slow because Webhostingboy sucks arse, and they promised good things that they didn't provide because www.webhostingboy.com sucks arse.

If anybody is reading this because they clicked on the google link - here is what happened, from a user's perspective. One day, the site took a long time to load everything, and when I mean a long time, it was anywhere from five to twenty minutes. It made it impossible to really post here, and unenjoyable, even for some of the die-hards. It was also down a lot, so we were either unable to access the site, or unable to use the site. I don't know much about this sort of thing, but the people here who do say that it was Webhostingboy's fault. For a better description, see the first post in this thread.

So, I think that I'm going to go click on the google link to this page five times a day, maybe more. Anybody going to join me?
Feyliya
I've got the google page bookmarked and I click the link three times every hour, on both mine and Randy's computers, just in case IP matters.

Yes....I am obsessive....

http://www.webhostingboy.com sucks arse.
Polocrunch
Feyliya, you are truly among the righteous.

And you're correct: Webhostingboy does suck.
Mata
Hahahahahahaha

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=...nG=Search&meta=
DarkInferno
I know how to get things in search engines.. biggrin.gif
destinyksofsb
I had to register just to say I wish I had found this site about 4 hours ago because that was when I signed up for webhostingboy.com and I already know they suck. didn't pay anything up front but hopfully they will not try to charge me for anything.

thanks
christy
Feyliya
That really sucks. I hope they don't bill you, too. And hey, you can always come here and complain for everyone interested to read!
Mata
There's a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you're already having problems then I strongly suggest you make use of it as soon as possible.

No refund for me yet, and we're on day five of the promised '3-5 days'...
Feyliya
Hopefully it'll be there soon. And if it's not, hopefully someone will eventually start up a class-action lawsuit against Webhosingboy that you can join so that maybe you can get it back then....

Webhostingboy is the worst provider in the world.
dancing hamster guy
Yes I think we get the point now...
DarkInferno
By repeating the same phrase on the same page actually lowers its priority with google (after the googlebombing they changed the rules slightly) It's a little more indepth then that, putting it on several pages on the same website with links doesn't help much either.

P.S. if you wanted to a link from your blog *cough*or others blogs*cough* marked as 'Webhostingboy sucks arse', or just 'Worst Service Provider Webhostingboy' with a link to either this page of webhostingboy would improve the page ranking. But to do such is morally objectionable, however so is running off with Mata's money, so I vote let them have hell.
Feyliya
QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Mar 16 2005, 03:16 AM)
By repeating the same phrase on the same page actually lowers its priority with google (after the googlebombing they changed the rules slightly) It's a little more indepth then that, putting it on several pages on the same website with links doesn't help much either.

P.S. if you wanted to a link from your blog *cough*or others blogs*cough* marked as 'Webhostingboy sucks arse', or just 'Worst Service Provider Webhostingboy' with a link to either this page of webhostingboy would improve the page ranking. But to do such is morally objectionable, however so is running off with Mata's money, so I vote let them have hell.

Good point. Posts all edited to rectify it. And linkies added to all my stuff, too! I even resuscitated my blog specifically for this! smile.gif

Webhostingboy really is the worst.
Mata
Day eight and no refund yet. I've emailed them to remind them.
Germ
Holy Crap.

I just signed up with webhostingboy! Granted, I got the cheapest plan, so I didn't really spend any money, but I had them register my domain name for me... I'm cheap and lazy. rolleyes.gif But I NEED this domain name. What do I need from them to be able to switch my domain to a different host?

Granted, my site is small and only html, so they might be able to handle it, but I'd like to know for the future what I need to move my domain. Thanks to any who can help.

- Germ
Mata
Usually you find a domain host that you know is reliable (I usually use http://www.seem.co.uk who are very good, but I also use http://www.ukreg.com who are good, but their interface isn't very intuitive).

Once you've got somewhere you like then email them and say that you would like to transfer the domain name over onto their servers. Make it clear that it's only the DNS registration that you want to move, not the domain itself (unless you want to get out while the going is good). Most places will do this for free because you will renew your domain with them later down the line. The new company will email webhostingboy, who should then contact you and confirm that you want to transfer the domain listing over to the other company. When you say yes it will probably take a day or two to go through the system. You will then need to access your new domain control panel and point the domain name to the hosting, eg. ns1.webhostingboy.com or whatever.

If you want to change hosting as well, then it depends what you're looking for. I'm currently with http://www.steadfastnetworks.com/ and they are great. I'm really impressed with them. Their support has been spot-on, the price is very good, and the server stability is excellent. If you're still in your first 30 days with webhostingboy.com (whose hosting was terrible) then it might be worth considering using the money-back offer. You might be fine with them, but my experiences, and (judging from other things that I've seen online) the experiences of others have often been negative.
destinyksofsb
I am a novice at the website thing and was looking for something simple and they said it was simple but it wasn't for me. I have small small site with yahoo and it was the easy. I sent an e mail the same night I signed up telling them I wanted to cancel, guess what, haven't heard a word from them. surprise surprise!

I really need to learn to do a search before I jump in. I will probaly pay the little extra and go with yahoo since I know that EVEN I can use it. They register the domain free and if I remember correctly the domain name is free as long as you stay with yahoo. Ramble will stop now!

Christy
Mata
Hiya.

Personally I wouldn't go with Yahoo. Their hosting is only part of a far larger organisation. I'd rather go with a company that is dedicated specifically to hosting rather than having that as just a tiny part of their whole business. It's a bit like getting a suit made for you in a factory or a tailor's. They'll both make you your suit, but if you have a problem then it will probably be easier to get fixed at the tailor's.

The company I mention in my previous email are very good, and their support has been excellent so far. Generally I've found most hosting companies to be good. Webhostingboy has been my first experience of a really bad hosting company and so it is unfortunate that you began hosting with them.

12 days after the '3-5 days' offer for a refund and still nothing back...
Feyliya
Have you written them again yet, Mata?

Webhostingboy sucks so much arse it isn't funny.
JimiJimi
I've been trying to find sites to rate Webhostingboy on, and I found this. I've cast my vote - '1 - The Poorest'.

Linkies...
Mata
Still no refund. Big surprise there. On the plus side, about one percent of the hits my site gets from search engines are directly to this thread biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Apr 1 2005, 07:31 PM)
I've been trying to find sites to rate Webhostingboy on, and I found this. I've cast my vote - '1 - The Poorest'.

Linkies...

Nice link! Come on, guys, let's hit it.
Usurper MrTeapot
Muhahaha! Webhosting boy has dropped (thanks to me) from 7.14 out of 10 to 7.04!

Take that b*tches!
Moosh
It only records IPs daily so you can vote once per day. I have already voted 3 times
d4nz
Dont mean to drag up this old post, but I wanted to thank you for getting this topic on google, lol. As I was thinking about buying hosting from them because I need A LOT more bandwith for my site and saw them offering 500GB for $50 a year. Made sure I looked on google first to find any problems and ran across this site.

I always found a review from mata on another hosting review site about all his problems and not getting a refund and then 5 or 6 more reviews saying they didn't get a refund either.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but thank you for making up my mind about them! smile.gif

I was wondering, since you got rid of that host. Where were you able to go for new hosting and still have enough bandwith?

Thanx again!

apparently http://www.webhostinboy.com/ really does suck!
Mata
I'm now with a reliable host http://www.steadfastnetworks.com/ and I'm very happy with them. Their hosting has been damn-near 100% uptime (which is as good as any provider can offer) and for a very reasonable price. I've got 150GB per month, which is extensible to 300GB for free if I need it in return for an advert on my pages for them. The price is great and their support admin have been very professional at helping me when needed. They've even customised a little bit of the site's control panel when I needed something done differently.

I'm really pleased that this thread has helped warn people about how webhostingboy.com is rubbish when it comes to delivering on promises.

Needless to say, webhostingboy.com (the terrible web hosting provider) have never bothered to give me the refund they promised months ago.
spud
i just found this topic today, after i bought some hosting with webhostingboy a few days ago. i wish i'd seen this sooner.

on a more comic note, on http://www.webhostingresources.com/cgi-bin...?id=7956&cid=56, the current rating is "6.66"
looks like webhostingboy is actually a webhostingdevil :P

thanks for pointing out their arse-sucking though, i'll be on the lookout for new cheap host.
pgrmdave
YAY!!! We actually are helping people! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.