Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Did You Dream Last Night?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Daedalus
You do, you just don't remember them. Everyone dreams, but what you can't remember may as well not have happened.

I'm the same. I seldom remember any of my dreams. The few I do have recollections of, are patchy and have no grounding in reality, and therefore undescribeable.
arachnidoc17
Well, it IS possible. When I dream, I feel that the time passes much more quickly than in reality, possibly it has a more amplified (for lack of a better word and/or thesaurus) effect on coolcat there.
Daria
I have been finding sleep very unforfilling recently, as I think I am being woken up during deep sleep instead of naturaly waking up during R.E.M as I normally do.. Which then means I can't remember my dreams, except I know they are disturbing...

I hate sleep like this.
craziness
i had a beautiful dream last night. as some of you may know, i went to nicaragua to build houses in february. one of my friends is consitering doing the same trip as me and before i fell asleep (i was at her house) we were talking about it and i was remembering it fondly. i dreampt that i got to go visit and talk to the family whose house i built and see some of the people i met and it was so happy and great smile.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ May 30 2005, 02:35 PM)
They were quite old, around 40.

*Ahem* 45 year old here. Sorry for the late reply, but i don't get around like I used to... tongue.gif
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (Righteous @ Mar 24 2005, 04:24 PM)
Not last night, but this afternoon, I had yet another dream where zombies infested the island. THis time around, Commie and Frog were here. We loaded up my dad's truck with various kinds of melee weapons (translation: power tools and what-not) and mine, Rick's and our sister's didgeridoos and went and raided the convenience store (canned goods, energy drinks and cigarettes), Wal*Mart (guns) and a gas station (we had a lot of bottles for Molentov cocktails). We went to our friend Matt's (his stepdad collects guns). We went on a rampage shooting, hacking up, burning and running over zombies.

You, by far, have the most kick-ass dreams I have ever heard of.
Daria
I can't remember my dreams last night, but I woke up with the taste of prawn crackers in my mouth, and the song "Don't You Want Me Baby?" stuck in my head.

blink.gif

The thing about the prawn crackers, is that I am a vegetarian, and therefore couldn't have conciuosly eaten them...

I wonder what I was up to....
depressed lonely crazy person
I dreamt that I had a whole room to lay out fabric in and it was just like my sclupure teachers studio (which is huge and has wood floors and no fixed furniture to mess things up but is understandably full of her stuff) and in addition to that my fabric had been cut PERFECTLY straight AND my patterns were just where ever I needed them. Allthough I never got around to actually cuting somthing I was sewing and I got that great calming down feeling like when you're makibg heavy curtains and the sewing machinejust works.

All in all a great dream all most balances out the fact that I havn't slept a full night without waking up in over a fortnight. smile.gif
voices_in_my_head
Sorry, I just remembered this from when I was 2-4. I remember my mom telling me that if I ever had a bad dream, I should just say a certain word, and I would wake up. Up to when I was around 4, it would work, and then I stopped beliving it would work, so it didn't.
My sister told me that she did that too, and so did some of her friends when they were little.
So, I was wondering if anyone else did the same thing when they were little?
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Aug 1 2005, 07:15 PM)
Sorry, I just remembered this from when I was 2-4. I remember my mom telling me that if I ever had a bad dream, I should just say a certain word, and I would wake up. Up to when I was around 4, it would work, and then I stopped beliving it would work, so it didn't.
My sister told me that she did that too, and so did some of her friends when they were little.
So, I was wondering if anyone else did the same thing when they were little?

How do you control what you're saying in the dream? I can't.
acid_rain_child
It was only part of my dream, the rest is a little too hazy to remember, but uhm, okay. For some reason I had a baby (which I hope isn't a premonition 0_0) but my baby was really premature, like, the size of a palm, maybe smaller, and it's all red with blood. So this friend of mine in the dream comes up to me because I'm all proud of my baby, and asks if he can touch it. I allow him to, and he take the poor baby's arm and squeezes it between his index finger and thumb, laughing maniaclly, and pulls the little arm off. The baby is squealing and screaming, but it's too weak to scream for long. I was too horror struck to do anything. The baby ended up dying.

That's the first real nightmare I've had in years, next to the one I had last night, where I was at a carnival or something, and there was a food joint called "Almost 16." I went in with a friend, and ordered a tuna sub, which the big bunny behind the counter cut in half. I didn't have enough money for that and the $1 pack of cigarettes, so I asked my friend for some, and he handed me two bags of weed. I said, "Stop, you'll get arrested!" and when I turned around, this Donnie Darko style bunny was there and screamed "ENOUGH MAYO FOR YOU?!" and started gnashing his teeth at me while I poured all this mayo on my sub and tried to mash it whole again.

Okay, maybe it was only scary in the dream, and from this point the ending was kinda funny.

VINMH, I was always taught that in a bad dream, if you try hard enough, you can change what's happening. Every time I do that, it' like, too much or something, and I wake up anyway.
Hobbes
In the early hours of this morning, I woke up shouting, "Shut Up!" rather loudly. My father, in the next room, didn't hear me. I don't remember anything about the dream except that my mother was in it. That's the first time in a while that I have woken up in such a way from a dream.

A stark contrast to the dream I was having the previous night, where I was flirting with a rather attractive young female. But I had to swim back and forth across a river in order to get to her. It was an odd dream, but at least I woke up happy biggrin.gif
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Aug 1 2005, 03:06 PM)
How do you control what you're saying in the dream? I can't.

I don't know how I did it... I can't seem to do it anymore, but I could then... Who knows?

I think the last time I was ever able to do that was when I had this dream (yes, I still remember a dream from when I was four) Was when I was standing at the bottom of these stairs, and a huge boulder came rolling down them, and I just remember saying that word over and over again, and it didn't work until the boulder was about a foot away.
Daria
It is called lucid dreaming (I think) when you can controll your actions.
I think I can do it sometimes, but I'm not sure if it is just part of the dream.
I_am_the_best
I had a really weird dream last night. I was standing in a room that was painted blue and orange and had all these chinese lanterns hanging. I'm not quite sure why I was there or what my purpose was though.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Daria @ Aug 3 2005, 07:52 PM)
It is called lucid dreaming (I think) when you can control your actions.

Yup, that is correct. If you are interested, look for a couple of books by Stephen LaBerge - he's the king of lucid dreaming research.

As for what I dreamt last night... I don't really remember much. But, once again, I woke up with a start and, although I didn't find myself shouting something out, it was on the tip of my tongue. All I remember of my dream is something saying my name over and over, and the sound of birds flying back and forth between sheets of wire mesh.

I am going to have to stop reading before I go to sleep - it is messing me up.
voices_in_my_head
I dreamed that Me and my family went to England. Later, my sister's friend turned up and said that she had been waiting for us there...
Mainly, all I remember is going through this tunnel-thingy, my dad going on and on about the history of a rock, and British people making fun of our accents.

It was a pretty interesting dream...
porcelainwarrior
I dreamed Fal and I were attacked by his flatmate for leaving the kitchen all messy-ish; she locked us in and wouldn't let us out til it was clean...but it was like the magic porridge pot...we just couldn't get it clean...there was sweet potato everywhere...I'm guessing there wasn't a meaning to it, although two nights ago I dreamt I went into Fal's kitchen and it was mega tidy so I made a sandwich. When I woke up I went through and it was an utter mess - so I made a sandwich anyways tongue.gif
Daria
I keep dreaming of death, but not in a bad way.
Kapel
Here be last night's dream:

I work at a Subway (in real life as well as in the dream) and I get a call while at work. It is my boss, telling me to get my ass over to Tim Hortons (Tim Hortons is the Canadian version of Starbucks), because apparantly I work there too. I quickly run there - somehow in the process donning a red Tim Horton's uniform - to find that my duty for the day is to dig a large hole infront of the store. Mucho digging later, I am acquianted with the reason I am digging this hole: the store is burying people who died from eating it's food.

Also, the cash box was short and I was blamed and fired.

The End. Fun eh?
eleraama
Well, these are from two days ago, but I was unable to post them so:
1) I met this really great girl at some sort of choir trip or something, and we really hit it off, and we were starting a relationship. Kind of boring, but hey, she was cute and smart and talented.
2) (not part of dream) I had been shopping at the Gap outlet, and I saw this jacket I wanted, and it was $40. But they didn't hav eit in my size, so I had to get it from real Gap. (part of dream) I went to the Gap, and it was $60. (real life) I went to the Gap (day after dream) and it was $58.50. I was still kind of shocked, I mean, $60 for a jacket? But I made my mom buy it... hehe. ph34r.gif
Daria
I had a dream last night that I went to my old school to pick up exam results from exams I took at my new school.
I got a D in Bio, a D in Art and an A in French...

hmmm....
Ashbless
I dreamed I met Righteous (who I have never met real life) in Calgary on 16th Ave near SAIT. For some reason I recognized him, introduced myself and we wandered around the city together talking. Righteous had cut his hair quite short in the dream, bleached it white, and was wearing it spiked up. I don't remember what we talked about.

Sort of a strange dream.
{Gothic Angel}
Last night I dreamt something which no-one will ever know. No-one! ph34r.gif
I_am_the_best
Well last night I didn't go to sleep so I didn't dream. But the night before that I had a really sad dream. You see, in RL, the music teacher from my old school was a lovely lady but she died about 4 months ago from cancer. I dreamt that I returned to my old school and she was there. Except, instead of her being called Miss Roberts, she was called Phillipa (who is, in RL, my piano teacher). I was hugging her because I was so glad to see her. I asked why she was here because she was supposed to be dead. She denied being dead altogether. She told me that Miss roberts died, but not her. She had Miss Roberts body and voice though, but Phillipas personality. This really confused me so I stopped hugging her and went to play football with everyone else.

I was looking for a small boy called Sam Watson. I really wanted to see him because the way he moved really reminded me of Brian Molko. I found him, but for some reason he had turned really stupid. He used to be very intelligent, and that was the reason why I found him fun to hang around with, but he was just dumb. unsure.gif

I was very sad to wake up...
RaevnKite
QUOTE (Daedalus @ Jun 22 2005, 01:28 AM)
You do, you just don't remember them. Everyone dreams, but what you can't remember may as well not have happened.

I'm the same. I seldom remember any of my dreams. The few I do have recollections of, are patchy and have no grounding in reality, and therefore undescribeable.

That's exactly what happens to me, and my dreams are random and I only remember small pieces of them.
Righteous
I dreamt that I was overanalyzing Orgy's Vapor Transmission album. When I woke up, I realized I was onto something.
Quoth(The Raven)
I dreamed I was working in a haunted Taco Bell, and we were running out of everything...

All my nightmares seem to involve the service industry.... I wonder why?

Oh, yeah... Customers are dangerous... customers are Morons.... ergo:

Customers are dangerous Morons...

Or, maybe, the places i always worked attracted dangerous Morons...

Whatever... It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to go to sleep... sad.gif
I_am_the_best
I had a dream where I was playing my new composition to my piano teacher except the piano that I was playing on was just in the middle of the pavement down my road. I was really furstrated because I had been looking forward to showing her my piece but I just couldn't remember it. There was another of her pupils there and also CheeseMoose was there but I never saw him because I don't what he looks like. He said that he couldn't believe I was under the age of 5 and wrote that piece. I was very pleased about it, but now I'm out of the dream, I'm not sure why because I'm not under the age of 5.
artist.unknown
I don't know what I dreamt about, although it had to do with working in radio. All I know is I woke up after listening to my extremely irritating alarm (beep beep beep) go off for some minute or so and thought "Wait-- THAT'S not AC/DC!" Although I suppose I can see where my subconscious made the mistake. tongue.gif
symphony
I drempt I was flying...until I flew into a tree. O_o It reminded me of the wicked witch of the west....
funky fairy
I dreamt that Kate Winslet had been murdered by an Iranian family. They put her in a cellar and just left her there!!!!

Its cos I ate some baby bels before I went to bed. Moral of this tale..... do not eat cheese just before bedtime!!!
Quoth(The Raven)
No monsters, thank the Goddess!
funky fairy
Not telling what I dreamt last night, but it had Robbie Williams in......and me!!!!!
voices_in_my_head
I dreamed that on one of the street corners I pass on my way to school, someone built a Matazone shop, that sold all of the bags, t-shirts, and what-not. I'm sure that if there ever were a shop like that, someone surely would point out that putting in on an old brick street in Texas isn't the best place.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I had a really odd dream last night - I'm typing quickly before I forget all the little weird things in it...

Me, the ex, Kai and my cat went to America. On our way to our Motel we decide to stop at a grocery store (trying to use the American slang) to pick up some cat food and munchies. Irishguy and for some unknown reason Silver Star of the Angel Towers were in the store (that's weird because I don't think I've never spoken to that forumite before). Irishguy was three foot tall. They helped me get all my stuff together and as it was getting late Vic offered to let us crash at his granparents place because it was closer. So we did.

We woke up the next morning packed up and started making our way to the Motel. We're in the middle of nowhere and we hear a load buzzing which turns out to be a bloody great swarm of bees. We leg it into a nearby shack where a little girl was shouting at us to hurry up because the bees will kill us. So we all hole up in the shack while the bees bombard it.

At some point the little girl goes evil and steals Kai. We track her down and demand that she returns him but she refuses. So Phil shoots her with a rifle and we buggar off in a monster truck.

I'm baffled too. blink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Is that like....the "American Dream"?

It involves guns and monster trucks....so it must be!
Daria
I had a nightmare about a squishey dead man, and I got blood on the carpet and I let people see that he was squishey and my boss (in real life) was dissappointed in me...

It was all set in a train station in new york (some where I have never been) and then it turned into a shopping mall, except there was a funeral directors there too!

I woke up and almost cried!

I haven't had a nightmare for about 7-10 years.. why now?!
Snugglebum the Destroyer
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Sep 3 2005, 11:30 AM)
Is that like....the "American Dream"?

It involves guns and monster trucks....so it must be!

Blatently I'm a closet redneck. laugh.gif
Ashbless
I dreamt that someone was cooking breakfast. It was unlikely as I've the house to myself this week and haven't invited anybody for a sleepover. Well, yet. biggrin.gif I heard the coffeemaker, someone moving around and smelled fresh coffee.
However, the dogs didn't bark as they would have if anyone came into the house. It includes someone they know - they'd bark to let a familiar person know they wanted to visit. Also no coffee ready when I got up this morning. sad.gif tongue.gif

Anyone else have these realistic dreams? Normal, possible events happen and your mind even allows for conditions? For example I could only hear the person in the kitchen and not see anything as the sun wasn't up yet and the kitchen light doesn't reach my bedroom.
voices_in_my_head
I do that too, I'll dream about waking up and getting ready for school, or cooking a meal, and so on.

It's kind of confusing to dream about waking up, and then really wake up...
eleraama
I don't remember all of it, but at some point, we were using a crunchy taco/skateboard to move a large mirror, and we realized that a soft taco would be better. So we ate the crunchy tortilla.
Mittens322
I dreamt that I was paintballing with my friends. We had Guns that looked more like super soakers. I shot Phil at point blank range, and he didn't evev move. I've never really been paintballing before, but if paintballing was like my dream, it was boring, I'm not paintballing again.
Daria
I had to get a man a TV liscence otherwise he would die. He had just fallen off a motorbike with his 7 year old daughter.

When my alarm went off, I decided it was a better idea to help him with his tv liscence that have a shower.

I hate the moment in the morning when you think dreams are real, even you know that you have to sleep to be in them...
I_am_the_best
I dreamt that I was in the Body Shop with some friends and was looking at these mini keyring notebooks with gel covers. I was really interested in them. Oscar had some shampoo (Timote) on his finger and really wanted me to smell it. He kept on poking me with his sticky finger and stuffing it under my nose. He was _really_ annoying me and carried on whining even when I shuted at him. I didn't know what to do so I grabbed his shampoo finger and licked off the shampoo.
{Gothic Angel}
I went camping with school. I saw a lot of people from my year who I'm friends with, and a few I'm not, but there was a big mixup over the tents, so I ended up sharing with a highly random assorment of people, of mixed sexes. My mum then turned up and started shouting at me for sleeping with guys I didn't know. When I protested, she got angry like I was trying to change the sbject and continued to rant at me... for forgetting my sleeping bag blink.gif

My dreams are weird biggrin.gif
Fallen Element
I was on a sight-seeing trip and it was very strange. Porce was there as were some other people I know. Then it was like we were being hunted down in a museum thing by little Chinese women with sticks because we had been taking too long to look at things. It was all very random but very pretty - there was a lot of jade and suchlike! Then we fled the museum, that's right, we fled - into this field but they fenced us in and then Hitler was there, as were lots of other unpleasant people who've appeared through history. . . Then we were shot. Porce and I weren't killed because we'd put on corduroy trenchcoats :-S so we ran into the forest that magically appeared. Then I woke up. It was bizarre!

Fal xXx
Daria
I dreampt that there was a page in a Q music magazine which had a bag of magic mushrooms stapled to each side...

blink.gif
little_bear
I dreamt my best friend became fabulously weathy, and I was all like "Hey man, how come you're so fabulously wealthy?" and he was all like "I was selling porn, innit."

True story.
Matthew
I dreamt that the vending machine at work kept giving me bottles of vodka and that being slightly squiffy was improving my mood, but then my nose exploded because I'd done too much coke off of the back of a V.N.V Nation album case.... Weird!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.