Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Us North East Meet?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
trunks_girl26
Ok, so a few of us US-based forumites have been wondering this for a bit.

So, would you be interested? It'd be sometime over the summer, and all ideas about exact places and times are welcome. happy.gif
spiffilicious05
definitely. I live in NY so it's about time for one of these. laugh.gif
ravein
sure I am game. I guess we should find everyone who is interested and then find a central location for everyone and meet up there.
monkey_called_narth
eh... it matters where it is... but i really want to go to a meet...

whatever happened to the central meet?
Little Green Goth
Count me in!!! Though I don't know where we'd meet. And about the central meet, I think if fell through or something.
trunks_girl26
Central meet definately feel through.

Hrm....Thought there were more northeasters......

*pagine PWM, AU, and Pgrmdave*
ravein
Well how about this. All people in the states who would like to meet up please reply with the name of your state and how far you would be willing to travel. Once everyone has replied I will try to find a place that is logistically possible for everyone.

I am in North Carolina. I Am pretty much willing to drive 12 hours or so which would but me able to reach as far as Florida, Ohio, Tenn, LU, etc.. anything past that and I have to fly.
Righteous
See it really sucks for me since I live all the way in Florida and it'll be a pain in my ass getting pretty much anywhere and finding a place to crash. If it's somewhere where I can get a place to crash inexpensively, I'd be happy as a pig in poo.

If I drive, though, I'd have to bring Rick and his best friend. They're cool, though, so don't worry.

EDIT: Actually, it wouldn't be too bad to have the meet either here in my town or in the city (Jacksonville). Things are nice and cheap here and it's a tourist trap so there are halfway decent things to do (if you're into small, rural beach town stuff). The city's pretty cool and there's more stuff to do (mall, clubs, venues, etc.), but it's more expensive. Commuting wouldn't be a problem if we have adiquate transportation. THen again, if it does happen here and we're all at my house (we have a nice pull-out couch here, BTW) we'd have to deal with me getting calls between 7 PM and 9 PM from the guys wanting to come over as well as unschedualed Social Failure band practices.
Asenyth
I think a Northeast US meet would rock. I vote we do it in Boston because Boston quite frankly rocks.
spiffilicious05
I live in Central Upstate New York and I really don't mind where I go.

I'd be willing to drive to Mass, conneticut, vermont, new hampshire, road island, pa, new jersey, deleware, and MAYBE virginia. Ohio too.

(That's if I have my car around then)
zivane
hey, righteous... i live in Jacksonville too, normally at least. so if you want, we could go up north? and if anyone wants to attempt a meet in the south, i've got crash space. like, a condo in st. augustine crash space (3 beds, two couches) not to mention my house has two guest rooms and plenty of couch space and floor space. we're good at having geusts over ^.^

but yeah, if a north east meet sometime may or later... can do. i'll drive from florida. it'll be fun. road trip!!!! ^.^
Righteous
How about Philadelphia? I'll admit to being a little biased as it's my home away from home, but there's more to do there than, say, Jacksonville or my town. The clubs are cooler and attract more and bigger bands and then there's the Franklin Institute (Laser Pink Floyd, bitch!), the Philadelphia Art Museum, South Street, the Muter Museum (it's twisted, so we'd dig it), the OT museum of archeology, the Philadelphia Museum of Natural History, my old area (okay, not that interesting, but still) and plenty more that may or may not come to me later.

Considering the locations of the forumites who posted, Philadelpia seems like a good option as it is more-or-less centrilized on the east coast and is still a big, kick-ass city. I dunno. How about you guys?

EDIT: I could probably do some hooking up with all of this if I envoke the help of my grandmother. The thing is, I have no idea how to do this stuff. Any tips or pointers?

EDIT EDIT: I just had a vision of a bunch of us walking down South Street by a tree covered in gum (I seen it!) with Spiffy pulling me away from a comic book store. This might be a sign...
spiffilicious05
you and that comic book store!!! my god lol!

Our ride was leaving and I still had to drag him away -- he wanted to buy four graphic novels at 40 bucks a pop!

tongue.gif haha no more comic book stores for you
Righteous
[spam]
It was two at twenty bucks each. Get it straight.
[/spam]

I still like the idea of Philadelphia. If some Matazonians get behind me and help me out, I'd love to help plan it. There's a Best Western by my grandparents' house that's near a bunch of cool places and supposing someone has a car (and/or if I have my liscense) we could go to even more places out and about in the city.
Ashbless
Love to go. One problem though, I'm in the northwest not the northeast.

*sigh*

*continues dropping pennies into the jar to save up for a trip to England*
monkey_called_narth
hmmm im in illinois and i could probibly go as far over as ohio... and perhapes a bit farther...

note: anyone else around my area that would like to go wana carpool/whatever?
voices_in_my_head
If only I had been born further north, and a few years earlier...
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
I would love to go, that is, if my mom would let me. sad.gif
trunks_girl26
Phili sounds like a decent idea, though I'd probably have to carpool with either Mike or Dave to get there, seeing as I don't drive.

Though I must say I do make good company happy.gif
spiffilicious05
If we go to philly we HAVE to go to boat house row -- it's a must!!
zivane
Okies... Philly works for me... is July good? I can do July... And I'll pick people up on the way from Florida ^.^ Well, up to 5 people including me in my car.
trunks_girl26
Most of the summer works for me, again, it's just a question of getting a lift there from another forumite.

Come on people! Let us know what you want to do! happy.gif
PsychWardMike
pgrmdave and I could probably swing something like that. Good times abound!
Righteous
Hmm. I too would have to check my schedual and see if I can get time off of work. Assuming it'll be over the summer, there's another dishwasher who can cover for me.

July could be good. My family wants to go on vacation so I'll have to check that out.

Transportation may be an issue. I'm gonna try to get my liscense soon, but I may not be able to rent a car for various reasons. Ideally, we could get ahold of a van so we can go do stuff without having to worry about not having enough space.

And thankfully, my grandparents and the Best Western near them is near Boathouse Row so we can check that out.

I'm curious. WOuld any of you guys be pissed if some of my old buddies from back in the day were to hang out with us for a little bit? Like a day or so?
trunks_girl26
Nah, it'd be cool. I like meeting new people happy.gif
Righteous
Hmm. I too would have to check my schedual and see if I can get time off of work. Assuming it'll be over the summer, there's another dishwasher who can cover for me.

July could be good. My family wants to go on vacation so I'll have to check that out.

Transportation may be an issue. I'm gonna try to get my liscense soon, but I may not be able to rent a car for various reasons. Ideally, we could get ahold of a van so we can go do stuff without having to worry about not having enough space.

And thankfully, my grandparents and the Best Western near them is near Boathouse Row so we can check that out.

I'm curious. WOuld any of you guys be pissed if some of my old buddies from back in the day were to hang out with us for a little bit? Like a day or so?
artist.unknown
Yay Philly. And if I can go, it will be most certainly be for all you guys. Not for the pretzels. Yepp.

I will restrain myself from pointing out that every Friday is a "matameet" of Trunks, PWM, prgmdave, and myself. So really we ought to try and get as many other people as possible to come as well. ^^;;
pgrmdave
I should be able to go, it sounds fun biggrin.gif
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Apr 19 2005, 03:42 AM)
I will restrain myself from pointing out that every Friday is a  "matameet" of Trunks, PWM, prgmdave, and myself. So really we ought to try and get as many other people as possible to come as well. ^^;;

Shhh.....don't let out our secret....though it's especially interesting when we have conversations about Matazone when there are non-forumites around. The looks we get are priceless.
pgrmdave
It does get amusing, especially when other people try to understand, fail, then decide that our conversation must be stupid, because they cannot understand it.
monkey_called_narth
hmmm if i do end up going... would anyone be interested in sharing a room with me? or a couple of people perhapes?
Righteous
The rooms at the Best Western I'm thinking of has two beds per room, which means four to five people. If situation necessitates it, two people could stay with me at my grandparents.
zivane
Righteous, you can get a lift up with me. And anyone in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, D.C., or on the way to Philly from there... well, can get a lift with me as well. How is the second to last weekend of July? (I don't know the dates, I'm just throing it out because I'm free then, I go back to Europe at the very beginning of August).

So, Philly, second to last weekend of July. Coolness? I'm willing to share rooms too! It's sooo much cheaper that way...
artist.unknown
During July I live down by Philly, so I'll be nearby, and maybe if a couple NJ types needed a jumping point my house would be cool. August I'll be busy hopefully not setting forests on fire. The biggest problem is work, which I might not be able to get off of if I have it then, because I need the money if I am to afford staying in Germanland next year.
PsychWardMike
Here's hoping. I might be in Europe of all places!
patback87
Illinois, I wanted to take a road trip out east this summer but it depends on what the folks are doing.
spiffilicious05
Anyone in central new york or northern pa can get a lift with me as well. My only request is that the meet be sometime in July, otherwise I'd have to miss school.
trunks_girl26
So, is the second to last weekend in July going to be doable for everyone?
zivane
can do ^.^
believe
Silly east coast people. dry.gif
Righteous
I'm gonna have to back out of this. My schedual's already full. Sorry guys. Good luck.
spiffilicious05
most likely, but I have to double check and see when orientation is for school
Dreams On Hiatus
I'd love to go, but don't know if I can. I'll only be able to go if spiffy is, otherwise I don't have a ride.
pgrmdave
*bump*

QUOTE (artist.unknown)
I will restrain myself from pointing out that every Friday is a "matameet" of Trunks, PWM, prgmdave, and myself.

and beccareb

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showuser=1217

She's been lurking for nearly a year, zero posts. I think we should yell at her here until we finally get her to post.

(for those who don't understand - psychwardmike, trunksgirl, artist.unknown, and myself are all friends of hers.)
spiffilicious05
so anyone going to set this thing into motion?
pgrmdave
This is really trunks_girl's to plan, but I'll help. The first thing we need is a full roll call - I know trunks_girl and I plan on attending, however, I don't know if anybody else can commit. I believe, though I'm not sure, that the tentative dates are July 22-24. We need to find a definite place to stay, I think that the Best Western that Righteous was talking about was this one.
trunks_girl26
Alright guys Here's the official list so far, I'll update it as people post on here saying they can definately go

Myself (Ange)

Pgrmdave

.....and that's it? C'mon people, let's get it together happy.gif
Dreams On Hiatus
If it's during the 22-24 of July it might be a problem, but I will have to double check with my schedules and everything. So it's not a no but it's not a yes either. (in other words, I am just not sure yet)
zivane
I am really unsure as to if I'll be able to make it now. A lot of stuff has happened especially with getting my marks back from my school in England. I don't even know if I'm going to have a place to live and money to use for college next semester at this rate, so the odds aren't looking too great anymore.
monkey_called_narth
i am unsure if ill be able to go... it all matters if i get a new car or if my brother pays me back in time for me to get plane tickets... ill update.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.