Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Candingham Meet?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Ok, for all those people who can't make the Glasgow meet, especially Cath, but still want to meet one person from the other side of the pond (Cand, Jaq won't be here when we have it planned) the people of IRC have planned a mini meet in Notts.

The proposed date is the 25th of June, which is a Saturday, and once again I (and probably Wyvern, don't hold me to it though) will be opening up our abodes for any of you lovely people who want to come!

Erm... we might actually make it past the Pit and Pendulum and up to the Old Angel this time... we shall see.

So, you know the drill... say if you can come or not!
Cath Sparrow
Deeeerrrr! What do you think! tongue.gif
(sorry not long been in from work)
Phyllis
hehe...well of course you already know I plan on coming, but I figured I'd post anyway.
Sir Psycho Sexy
I'll have to see what's on the cards...hmm...death and the ace of clubs...the future is uncertain tongue.gif
mooooooooooopo
Come rain, shine or zombie badgers running Linux *shudder* I will be there.

biggrin.gif
Mata
It's most likely I'll be there I think, but as with most things in my life, it does rather depend on finances.
Jonman
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 8 2005, 01:40 AM)
It's most likely I'll be there I think, but as with most things in my life, it does rather depend on finances.

Assuming we're around that weekend, you're welcome to stay at Chez Jonman.

That's way too far out in the future for me to figure out though.
Faerieryn
I may be able to make it. I think thats during the summer holidays so that should make it more likely!
froggle-rock
I really do plan to be there this time wink.gif
Queenie
Count me in... I must meet my adoptee!! smile.gif
Tarantio
June, eh? Been a while sinse my presence graced the great plains of Nottingham, so I'll make the effort, if I'm welcome. Sounds like the last meet here was a blast! (and besides, the more effort I make to turn up to these things, the more people I can guilt into coming to scotland for the Glasgow meet... not that you all don't want to come anyway... ph34r.gif )
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Apr 16 2005, 11:44 AM)
if I'm welcome.

Of course you are! The more the merrier!
Tarantio
huzzah! /me will bring three of himself in that case...
Cath Sparrow
WooHoo!!! A Tara at the Cand Meet! Yay! *Happy dance*
Wyvern
Of course my humble abode will be available!

As before I have room for about four wonderful persons. I would love to cram more in but then I may get into trouble and be accused of forumite cruelty and I do have a reputation to uphold you know.

*stuffs all evidence of the last time under the stairs and smiles sweetly*

Still unsure about getting to Glasgow, unemployment has pretty much stopped all long term plans but Im fairly certain that venturing out onto my own doorstep won't be a problem. tongue.gif
Tarantio Posted Apr 16 2005, 12:20 PM
  huzzah! /me will bring three of himself in that case...

Ooo three?! In which case I baggsie at least one of Tara!

Im looking forward to it!!!
Wytukaze
I could maybe come possibly, perhaps. I'll inform at least one person on IRC nearer the time.
Smiler
IM IN im in IM IN

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will type sensibly some point in the week... ok sorry... will type in the week

IM IN
Faerieryn
Not during the summer holidays but will almost definitely be there. OK Scratch that I WILL be there!!!!!!
Samorine
My last exam's the day before... so I don't know if my mates'll wanna have a party or something...
If Wytu's going, I'll have a much more likely chance of going... Having a big strong man to look after me helps tongue.gif
Wyvern
Smiler. Ryn, Cath do you fine peoples require an abode for the hallowed event that is cands indoctrination into Nottingham life and rituals?

Also on a mildly random thought should we need extra space (the weather should be warmer by then) *crosses fingers* I have tent facilities just in case biggrin.gif

I still claim 1 Tara tongue.gif
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Ditto the tent facilities... or people can just sleep all up my stairs and in my bath or whatever... it shall be a sea of people, assuming there are enough of you to flow tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Apr 28 2005, 08:03 PM)
Smiler. Ryn, Cath do you fine peoples require an abode for the hallowed event that is cands indoctrination into Nottingham life and rituals?

Also on a mildly random thought should we need extra space (the weather should be warmer by then) *crosses fingers* I have tent facilities just in case  biggrin.gif

I still claim 1 Tara  tongue.gif

Damn Straight!
Smiler
QUOTE (Wyvern @ Apr 28 2005, 08:03 PM)

Also on a mildly random thought should we need extra space (the weather should be warmer by then) *crosses fingers* I have tent facilities just in case  biggrin.gif

I still claim 1 Tara  tongue.gif

You betcha Tribe Momma wink.gif
sorry, my heads right outta space at the mo - i've been out of it for waaaay to long, couldnt resist...dont hurt me...

If you'll have me I would be most appreciative of a floor board or two (the blow up bed thing just didnt work last time)

I've spoken to the Fairie and she'd like a few boards as well pleasey pleasey please biggrin.gif

May brave a tent space if ones there instead but it'll be best waiting to see on that one, fate being as it is and all.
I'm gonna stop burbling now and get sucked back into the pit that seems to be where all internet or computer related interactivity seems to be sucked from me at the moment...sad.gif almost out of it tho smile.gif
Head in a happy place- Fairies dancing...sparkley stars...
Wyvern
You betcha Tribe Momma wink.gif
sorry, my heads right outta space at the mo - i've been out of it for waaaay to long, couldnt resist...dont hurt me...

As if I would... evil.gif
If you'll have me I would be most appreciative of a floor board or two (the blow up bed thing just didnt work last time)

Well it gave you a handy extra roof at least, I could've sworn you were trying to hide from the dogs...or was it the other way round? tongue.gif

In which case consider several boards reserved for madames Cath and Faerieryn and of course your esteemed self.
Hope things improve soon. biggrin.gif

Head in a happy place- Fairies dancing...sparkley stars...

You do realise how dangerous that can be...don't you? blink.gif
Faerieryn
Faeries are not dangerous unless you give them spangle cannons!!!!

I would indeed like a couple of spare boards although the tent idea does sound like fun. Can you imagine it. Us lot, beer, singing campfire songs, more beer, lots of chocolate and general drunkeness!!!

OH and a spangle cannon!!!!
Smiler
Dear Bob! Didnt that cannon cause enough trouble last time??!?!

Only one of your dogs didnt like me! Although yes, it was a handy barrier as me and Red had a minor distrust of each other blink.gif
Cath Sparrow
Didn't she leave the Spangle canon at Snoo's any how?
Faerieryn
Yet another reason for a notts meet!!! HA HA!!!!
Wyvern
Dear Bob! Didnt that cannon cause enough trouble last time??!?!

But the trouble needs perfecting!!!
Only one of your dogs didnt like me! Although yes, it was a handy barrier as me and Red had a minor distrust of each other  blink.gif

Poor Smudge you were that much fiercer than he was he felt intimidated! evil.gif
Faerieryn
QUOTE (Wyvern @ May 5 2005, 08:32 PM)
Poor Smudge you were that much fiercer than he was he felt intimidated! evil.gif

!

I'm sorry Smiler, as much as I love you I really don't think I could see you being more fierce than that scary ball of fluff. It intimidated ME!

Must practice lion taming skills before Notts meet 2. Just need... a chair and a whip. Any suggestions?
Smiler
tongue.gif
Faerieryn
Just a quick thought. I was checking prices for trains etc and I was wondering how many people are going to be there for the friday night?
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
I'll be there from mid week so anyone who wants floor at mine is welcome to stay on the Friday night.

Anyone who does want floor PM me, so far I think only Queenie has said she wants it, also I'll have Dan, Ste and Cand there too... and I'll be pumping them for all they're worth!!! Muhahaha!

I mean innocent.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (snoo @ May 10 2005, 09:29 PM)
and I'll be pumping them for all they're worth!!! Muhahaha!

I mean innocent.gif

blink.gif Oh dear!!

I still haven't managed to be able to get the time off work so i may be pulling a sicky or if all else fails joining you all late saturday night.
Smiler
Oh yeah...work... hmmmmmmmmm lemme see what I can do
Cath Sparrow
Situation round here abit wierd at the momment but will be come friday even if it means me driving up there in the evening.
Mata
Sorry everyone, a friend is getting married on that day so I won't be able to come. How very inconsiderate of him. I'm rather miffed as I was looking forward to this.
Faerieryn
OK we're about a month away now. Shouldn't we start doing the whole plan making thing? I would start bnut I'm still unsure as to whether I'll be there for friday or not. Lets start with the guest of honour!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Ok so, as a guide, tell us;

Names you don't mind being called
When (roughly) you should be arriving
Where you will be staying
When you're planning on leaving

umm... what else?

Oh yeah;

Number of people so far who have confirmed.

Take it away, Cand wink.gif
mooooooooooopo
Gnah! Looks like I might not be able to make that date either now. sad.gif

Will see what happens.

>_<
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
Hmm...

So! Who can do July 2nd/3rd??
Phyllis
I can! And clearly that's the most important, isn't it? tongue.gif I mean, what would a Candingham meet be without Cand? I don't mind moving it if other people don't.
mooooooooooopo
That should be ok with me. smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Caos starts later in the month for me so that should be fine.
Faerieryn
I'm ok for most weekends. Better check with the Smiley bloke though! I think he just organised for that weekend off!
Mata
I'm good for that one biggrin.gif Yay! *does happy dance*
Phyllis
Okay...since it seems like we're going to switch the date, I guess I'll go ahead and start this...

Names you don't mind being called: Cand, Candice if pronounced properly. Most people will probably call me Cand, and that's fine. Anyone calling me Candykins will be bitten. tongue.gif
When (roughly) you should be arriving: Uhm. I've no idea, snoo. You tell me. unsure.gif
Where you will be staying: snoo's.
When you're planning on leaving: Sometime on Sunday, I should think.
Number of people so far who have confirmed: 1
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
whoo! Go team Cand!

Names: snoo, Esther, whatever you want to call me is fine... don't care.
Arriving: I'll be there Friday afternoon at the latest, not 100% yet, could even be Thursday
Staying: my house!
Leaving: Either Sunday or Monday... depends on how tired I am and if I really think taking 4 not tiny people 90 miles in a mini is a good idea.
No of people: 2
Mata
Names you don't mind being called: Mata, but I'm getting used to various other options from Froggy, and I fully expect an American mangling of the pronounciation to make it sound like 'Mada' tongue.gif
When (roughly) you should be arriving: Afternoon ish I reckon. 'Depends on the trains really.
Where you will be staying: Probably Jonman & Kisah's if they're around.
When you're planning on leaving: When the cab gets there, so probably pub chucking out time, or thereabouts.
Number of people so far who have confirmed: 3

Anyone calling me Candykins will be bitten. tongue.gif
*ponders if it's worth it*
Phyllis
QUOTE (Mata @ May 16 2005, 03:37 PM)
Anyone calling me Candykins will be bitten. tongue.gif
*ponders if it's worth it*

*sharpens teeth*

Don't think you can get away with it just because you're Mata, my dear. I'm no fangirl. I'll bite you, the same as anyone else.* (Though that possibly could be construed as being a rabid fangirl...hmm)

They way I pronounce Mata is kind of close to Mada, because I have a horribly generic American accent and I find it difficult to emphasize the T. But, hmm. I learned how to say Loughborough and Worcestershire correctly. I will practice.

*I won't really bite anyone. I'm too afraid of being bitten back. More realistically I'd probably just give a dry.gif face...but it's much more fun to threaten with biting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.