Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Touch Typing Tutorial
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Tips and tricks
Jonman
actually a question on behalf of Mrs Jonman...

She's trying to find a touch-typing tutorial for her luddite boss - anybody know of any freeby good ones? I think she's already crawled download.com to find some....
Mata
Badda-bing.

http://typingsoft.com/all_typing_tutors.htm

There's a list of freeware and downloads on this page.

It's all in the keywords:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=tou...le+Search&meta=
Ashbless
If you can already touchtype and want to improve speed in a fun way then popcap games has a game called typing shark that's great fun.

Otherwise, what Mata said. biggrin.gif
Mata
Also, I reccomend getting lots of friends on IM software. That was how I learnt how to type fast about ten years ago. I found a small hack in the college computer system that some of the comp students had also found. I would spend some of my free periods chatting with them. Trying to keep up with seven comp students when you're an art student really increases your typing speed!... Oh bugger, it was more like twelve years ago... Some of the people on this forum probably weren't even born...
Alanity
The Typing of the Dead is a supercool way to improve typing.
kisah
We should really just show him that word search game we got hooked on in Seattle.

I figure he'd just get frustrated when he saw words like Osteotomy or Maxillary and the game wouldn't accept them as real words.
Mata
QUOTE (Alanity @ Apr 17 2005, 05:05 AM)
The Typing of the Dead is a supercool way to improve typing.

I'd heard of that before, so now I've got a copy and it's great! I found it really quite challenging, but I hear it's got a good automatic difficulty adjustment so hopefully beginners would still be able to have a good play with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.