Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaving
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Tips and tricks
Moosh
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't decide which forum to put it in.

I have used an electric shaver but currently use a razor for my face, and I don't shave anywhere else.
Usurper MrTeapot
I use an electric mostly buts prett crappy so I sometimes touch it up with a razor.
Novander
A razor. And to hell with foam or gel, I find it best to stand under a near-painfully hot shower to shave.

I used to use a cheap electric shaver, but I hated that. A more expensive one would certainly have been more pleasant, but I don't think I'll ever switch back.
artist.unknown
*checks legs* erm...Periodically? (Biannually?)...I use a razor and foamy shaving cream. *cough* The fact that my shaving cream bottle rusted onto the floor of the shower is probably a good indicator of how often this actually happens.
Sir Psycho Sexy
If I were to go clean shaven I would use a wet razor, I was given a brush to use so it'd seem rude not to, but a while ago...well...a couple of years....I decided that clean shaven made me look horribly young so I used to let it grow a little...now I have a beard trimmer which I have have to use increasingly regularly so I can get the desired effect...course...my stubble isn't that coarse so it's sorta velvety tongue.gif Ok...so I havn't use a razor for well over a year now...but I still have it and it's in surprisingly good shape tongue.gif Maybe I should start shaving properly and see if I can't grow a real beard.
PsychWardMike
I use a combination of an electric and normal razor. I am... forgetful when it comes to shaving, so often I need to trim it down with an electric razor and then finish it off with a normal gilette Mach 3. Mary Kay shaving cream does the trick, followed by a dose of aftershave.
Jonman
King of Shaves is where it's at for wet shaving - they do awesome shaving oils and gels. Try them, and you'll never bother with foam again - it's that good.

Get your free sample here

See how nice I am to you lot?
zivane
In Florida, shave everyday, sometimes go for wax. In England, shave once a month or if going swimming. Heh. Razor and gel. ^.^
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I use all means of shaving. Razor for legs and armpits, waxing and Veet for the delicate areas. Tweezing for tiding up.

You men, pfft - got it easy I tell you. tongue.gif
Smiler
Razor all the way, although I've not tried an electric so I'm not knocking it, I cant think that it would be A) as close, or B ) as satisfying.

I quite like having a day or two's stubble, depends on my mood. I recon I look ok with it, but you cant beat a nice close shave. Hot hot water AFTER getting out of the shower, Mach3, against the grain. Smooth as the proverbial babies behind wink.gif biggrin.gif
Oh yeah, and there's the slight colour problem, after 2 days its bright ginger so it tends to go pretty sharpish. I'll not mention FairieRyn's endearing mick-take each time she sees the stubble or remembers the attempted goatee dry.gif wink.gif
beleraphon
Wax

easy
fast
lasts longest

and I'm clumsy with a razor and cut my legs all the time.
FurryMammal
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 4 2005, 09:05 AM)
King of Shaves is where it's at for wet shaving - they do awesome shaving oils and gels. Try them, and you'll never bother with foam again - it's that good.

Get your free sample here

See how nice I am to you lot?

He's right you know, King of Shaves = Greatest.

I use a razor and some foam, if I'm in the mood, but more often than not im feeling a little devil may care and I shave with just water. I've never cut myself shaving, but I'm steeling myself for the unevitable day I do. Anybody cut themselves while shaving, where, and does it hurt?
Jonman
QUOTE (FurryMammal @ May 5 2005, 08:33 AM)
He's right you know, King of Shaves = Greatest.

I use a razor and some foam, if I'm in the mood, but more often than not im feeling a little devil may care and I shave with just water. I've never cut myself shaving, but I'm steeling myself for the unevitable day I do. Anybody cut themselves while shaving, where, and does it hurt?

Hasn't happened for awhile, but used to happen occasionally. Bloody difficult to do with a modern razor - they're designed to make it tough. Plus, using a decent shaving oil/gel/foam makes it harder to cut yourself.

Worst place for it is the neck. Softest skin, innit.
pgrmdave
QUOTE (Snugglebum)
You men, pfft - got it easy I tell you.

Well...I've shaved my legs before, and I have to say, it's more difficult to shave a face. I took much longer to shave my legs the first time because I wasn't able to trim down my leg hair, but the second time, it really didn't take much longer to do my legs than my face, and it was simpler to do my legs. You girls really don't know how good you have it with only having to shave your legs. Although, part of it is that I have a cleft chin, and I like to shave as well as possible, while on my legs I don't need to shave perfectly well.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
only having to shave your legs.

And the rest!!! tongue.gif
PsychWardMike
I'd tend to be with Snuggs here. The girl's have the 'pits thing. I can't imagine that that's easy.

However, Where women have legs, men have faces. Women have genitals, so do we. Otherwise, they might do arms or toes or something, but apart from the arm pits, girls don't really have much anything.
Chronotub
I have a mole just above my lip which makes it awkward to shave. I use tesco a value disposible razor and foam (crap but cheap) so I have cut myself a few times, it doesnt realy hurt but bleeds like hell.
Don'tMakeMeBiteYou
Oh, armpits aren't so bad. In fact, they're a lot easier than legs, because they're closer to your face and therefore easier to see.

I think I still have a scar from the first time I shaved my legs when I was 11....
voices_in_my_head
I use a razor and cheap dollar store foam. For me, the stuff from discount stores work a ton better than more expensive things.

I Remeber when I was seven, found my mom's razor, and decided that if my mom could do it, I could too. I was wrong, and ended up with a small scar on my leg.
Hobbes
A very old electric shaver.

And I hate the process of shaving, so don't do it nearly enough.

And yes, I know, I shouldn't moan when women are expected to shave god-knows-how-many areas of their anatomy. But I still hate it.
Greeneyes
I used to use an electric one, and still have it, but use a razor now. I just shave in the shower every so often (i.e. when I feel like it). I'm not particularly hairy, and blond hair doesn't show up very well on pale skin, so it doesn't really matter if I forget.
EvilSpork

That's right.
surewhynot
i have only shaven twice so i just put dont shave
pgrmdave
QUOTE (Don'tMakeMeBiteYou)
In fact, they're a lot easier than legs, because they're closer to your face and therefore easier to see.

And this is one reason that, at least for me because I don't use a mirror, the face is more difficult. You can't see it, and the face has some very comples curves to navigate with a sharp blade.
Mata
I suggest starting to use a mirror then.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Somewhat inspired by this thread I just had my first proper shave in a year, it feels so soft! Though I have to say I prefer a little fluff on my face.

....I wonder if anyone will notice?
surewhynot
diddo
DarkInferno
ditto, dildo or dido? </spam>
Tenacious C
Waxing is a pain in the ass (and elsewhere...har dee har har), but at least I don't have to "worry" for two months.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.