Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Technical Problems: Gone!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Tips and tricks
Pab
Quite honestly I was considering putting this in the "Issues" forum, considering the potential impact on peoples lives that this small work-around could have, and the impact that NOT having this workaround does have ...

But at the end of the day it's just net-spam ...

The revolution starts here:

Memo To All Staff From Tech Support

Management has determined that there is no longer any need for network or software applications support. The goal is to remove all computers from the desktop by Dec. 31, 2005.

Instead, everyone will be provided with an Etch-A-Sketch. There are many sound reasons for doing this:

1. No OS problems.
2. No technical glitches keeping work from being done.
3. No more wasted time reading and writing emails.

Frequently Asked Questions for Etch-A-Sketch Technical Support

Q. My Etch-A-Sketch has all of these funny little lines all over the screen.
A. Pick it up and shake it.

Q. How do I turn my Etch-A-Sketch off?

Q. What's the shortcut for Undo?

Q. How do I create a New Document window?

Q. How do I set the background and foreground to the same color?

Q. What is the proper procedure for rebooting my Etch-A-Sketch?

Q. How do I delete a document on my Etch-A-Sketch?

Q. How do I save my Etch-A-Sketch document?
A. Don't shake it.
froggle-rock
Hehehe, I remember cutting out a letter from my local newspaper with pretty much the exact same wording, except this was in 1999 and for Millenium Bug prevention. wink.gif

But Pab, does it play music?
Pab
Shake it rythmically, or to put it better ... pick it up and SHAKE IT! Yeah!
Mata
Can it tell me the weather?
Pick it up and shake it out of the window.
Jaq
This new product excites and intrigues me, but what about viruses and spyware? Do etch-a-sketches come with security measures? I want to be sure that my documents won't just be picked up and shaken by anyone. Reassure me!
Pab
Your documents won't be just picked up and shaken by just anyone, jaq. If you need to leave your station, pick it up and shake it, and your secrets shall be secure. *nods reassuringly*
Jaq
QUOTE (Pab @ May 25 2005, 11:09 PM)
Your documents won't be just picked up and shaken by just anyone, jaq. If you need to leave your station, pick it up and shake it, and your secrets shall be secure. *nods reassuringly*

I'll take two
Mata
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.