Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Wrong With Gaming?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Media
Pages: 1, 2
Tarantio
and, for jon's benefit, burning torches

but nothing that a water arrow can't fix...
Museum Girl
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jun 6 2005, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (Museum Girl @ Jun 6 2005, 06:47 PM)
Admittedly she doesn't do much of that but she does do a lot of physical activity in very hot places.

The first game? Underground stone tombs I would imagine would be pretty cold and not the kind of place you should be wearing hot pants in.

Hey no fair, I said excluding the first game.

QUOTE (Feyliya @ Jun 6 2005, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (Museum Girl @ Jun 6 2005, 09:47 AM)
And final fantasy; generally well developed female charactors (not sure about ten part two, that is a bit gratuitous) who are powerful but don't wear many clothes. (I don't really play many other games although I direct your attention to guildwars)

I'm a rabid GW fangurl and even *I* have to admit that the female Elementalist costumes take things a touch too far. To illustrate, look here.

*edit
Oh, and for those of you who don't automatically go to the forums to read up on Woody's commentary, here's the screenshot that prompted this comic.

I hadn't seen that one and I'd agree it's stupid looking, but I wouldn't say it's misogonistic. (I'd only played guild wars before they wiped and updated it or whatever it was, because it doesn't work on my computer and I was at someones house where it did work)
Mata
Then again, if:

I were a woman
living in a land where people don't get cold
men never ogle breasty-bumps (except if they are bad guys, and you're allowed to kill them)
I had that kind of figure

then I too would love to wear those kinds of outfits. Frankly, if I wouldn't get people trying to beat me up, and if my girlfriend wouldn't disown me, then I'd happily wander around in the male warrior's outfits. Who cares if they're impractical, so are most clothes, and they look sexy!
Jonman
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 10 2005, 12:43 AM)
then I too would love to wear those kinds of outfits. Frankly, if I wouldn't get people trying to beat me up, and if my girlfriend wouldn't disown me, then I'd happily wander around in the male warrior's outfits. Who cares if they're impractical, so are most clothes, and they look sexy!

Mata the Barbarian?
Mata
Yep, I even have a trained lizard/ape thing to kick the heads of my decapitated enemies offscreen.
Jonman
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 10 2005, 12:05 PM)
Yep, I even have a trained lizard/ape thing to kick the heads of my decapitated enemies offscreen.

Cool. I expect you to be Governor of California in 25 years or so.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Jun 7 2005, 10:46 PM)
and, for jon's benefit, burning torches

but nothing that a water arrow can't fix...

You'd think the people you're sneaking up on would notice the sudden lack of light, but no... tongue.gif
Mata
We are talking here about people who don't notice that their twenty friends have all disappeared from guard duty, I doubt they're going to register something minor like the lights going out...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.