Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little Goth Girl - Open Mike Night
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
http://www.matazone.co.uk/animpages/little...mike_night.html

No, this isn't about dissecting PsycheWardMike.
Kitty
Woohoo! I finally see an animation the day it comes out! Its been probally a year since thats happened....

It made me laugh, which is odd, because they dont usually make me laugh. Atleast not the first time. Usually I'm too caught up in thinking about every last detail that I forget the point of the animations.

It reminds me of the Mall Rats, they say they're goth just cuz they shop at Hot Topic.
So much for open mike night tongue.gif

*wanders off to catch the sleep that wasnt caught the night before before mouth rambles on more*
LoLo
I haven't laughed that hard since the amoeba animation. 12 thumbs up! Don't ask me where the other 10 thumbs came from because I don't know, but they're there!
MistressAlti
Less than three. I giggled. (My poetry sounds like that. Dark like my soul. Tee hee.)
depressed lonely crazy person
OMG that rules, it's second only to the clown killer. So funny and great while being simple and having a poke.
It even reminds me of when I was little and I'd get out a few sets of dominos and lay them on a table with the backs facing me and I'd decide that this ones a badger and that ones a wild pig, those two are squirils one red with a puffy tail and the other grey with a silver stripe, those tree are mice abd they're very soft with sweet beady eyes and here's a mole. Do you want to hold him?? He seems to like you, you should keep him. And Id go on like that on my own talking to myself about these cute little animals I swear they'd get so real and plump and furry in my head it was dissapointing to put them back in the box.

Thanks Mata biggrin.gif I feel all warm and smilie in my tummy now. rolleyes.gif
CommieBastard
Mata will never understand the darkness the way I do. biggrin.gif

I love the camera moving around Sarah's head, that worked really well. Also "... And digs up lawns."
gothictheysay
I love the tumbleweed, and the freaky way the announcer guy strokes the mike stand. But I also thought the ending was really nice.

Nice job smile.gif
Mata
Thanks everyone!

It wasn't just tumbleweed, it was goth tumbleweed. They especially imported black tumbleweed into the club in case of emergencies.
Sir Psycho Sexy
Wow, that idea really was a long time in the making, I thought you'd forgotten all about it. I love it, probably my new favourite.

Edit: Are those Goth Crickets chirping when the tumble weed roles across? tongue.gif
froggle-rock
That one gave me a good giggle. Go Team Mata!
arachnidoc17
For some reason it reminded me of Maddox on "the tortured artists".

Funny though.
Moosh
That's the first Sarah animation that's actually made me laugh out loud. And it made my mum laugh as well so go Mata!
oscarhilton
I love the LGG animations! I Laughed for ages and ages... hee hee... tumble weed.... smile.gif

Loved it!!
Hobbes
Excellent stuff, as usual. Plus a great snippet of Holst in there. "Mars" wasn't it, from The Planets suite? Fantastic! Like someone else ^ up there ^, I liked the mic.-stroking, which looked really good, as did the moving camera. And the crowd were nicely done too.

Some great little details here and there really made it superb.
I_am_the_best
Fantastic. Made me laugh for a good five minutes. laugh.gif I espeically like the style that the crowd was done. Oh, and I loved the poem, I really felt I could *sniff* relate to it. tongue.gif
elphaba2
Oh man, I loved that. Especially the host voice & "...and digs up lawns." Great stuff!

I suspect Mata of having spent several years perfecting his goth poetry, as it was far too tongue-in-cheek-realistic to have been just whipped together.
Mata
As always, Google is your friend: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22...le+Search&meta=

It's a bad goth poem I wrote years ago. I've been meaning to turn it into an animation for a long time. SPS suggested some version of a goth peotry contest a while back, and that sparked the idea for this animation.

Hobbes: yep, that was 'Mars'. It's a great piece of music, and always a reliable bet if you're looking for something stompy.
voices_in_my_head
laugh.gif That's the most I've laughed in quite awhile...

Hmm....goth tumbleweed.... Where Could I get some from?
Azrael The Cat
I've read that first poem already, you posted it a while back man. So the fact I knew it so well already (I loved it when I heard it) that it kinda took the steam out of the animation, but you recovered nicelly with the second one. That was awesome. And that last line of Sarah's was great. Good job.
Mata
Thanks Az! I figured a few people might remember it, but I was hoping that the various other bits of silliness would revive it.

Goth tumble weed: coming to a shop near you soon!
Wouldn't goth tumble weed be all ashy and fragile so it would be all brittle and need to be replaced often?
Righteous
I like that one. It's officially my favorite LGG animation. The camera movement was awesome and Sarah's poems kicked major ass. tongue.gif

What got me the most was what Sarah said at the end. That actually struck a chord with me. Well done, man.

Oh, and you got my hopes up about disecting Mick. I wanted pictures to use as a new desktop.
Mata
Cheers Ri!

QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Jun 15 2005, 01:46 PM)
Wouldn't goth tumble weed be all ashy and fragile so it would be all brittle and need to be replaced often?

Shh, I'll let you on to a trade secret. It's normal tumble weed sprayed black.
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 15 2005, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Jun 15 2005, 01:46 PM)

Shh, I'll let you on to a trade secret. It's normal tumble weed sprayed black.

Hey! and I was going to buy some....

But...How do you pick up the tumbleweed so that you can spray it black? I mean, wouldn't your hands Get all scratched up?
Aria
Ending lines were awesome. I loved them.

And the poetry was funny. I kind of want to know how LGG's second poem ends. biggrin.gif
Righteous
I showed this and all the other episodes to my little sister last night. She thought they were great. She wanted me to tell you that she thought they were funny and that Sues has a pretty voice.
Don'tMakeMeBiteYou
::snort::

I literally burst out laughing during My Soul.

Edit: Something my friend and I noticed... After Sarah and... hot boyfriend whose name I can remember are kicked out, the MC/announcer guy is stroking something, the way he stroked the microphone... But there's nothing there, and he can't be rubbing his hands together because there's air between them.

So what is he stroking? blink.gif
Sky
"[drops three octaves] And me!"

Hehe. Fantabulous happy.gif

QUOTE (Don'tMakeMeBiteYou @ Jun 18 2005, 10:31 PM)
So what is he stroking?  blink.gif

I thought that was just a general-purpose scary hand movement...
coolcat101
that was really nice,funny,and,well,just plain funny! laugh.gif biggrin.gif ru gonna make another?
Stop pressuring Mata, doesn't he have enough to do and worry about without being haranged via the computer?????????
Mata
Stroking: the stroking was originally just going to be of the microphone, but then I noticed that the graphic I was using for the end shot by the door also had him stroking the air. I could have fixed this, but I decided that, as Sky says, it works well as just one of those creepy hand movements some people do.

Coolcat101: I will make more of the Little Goth Girl series, although at this rate it's probably going to take around a decade or more to finish the story. Also, I don't think that there have been any other 'Coolcat's on this forum, so why use the numbers?
arachnidoc17
QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Jun 21 2005, 12:58 AM)
Stop pressuring Mata, doesn't he have enough to do and worry about without being haranged via the computer?????????

Heavens no. tongue.gif
Obviously my sence of humor goes right over peoples heads dry.gif
Azrael The Cat
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jun 15 2005, 06:09 PM)
But...How do you pick up the tumbleweed so that you can spray it black? I mean, wouldn't your hands Get all scratched up?

You spray it as it tumbles by, of course! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 21 2005, 07:24 PM)
Also, I don't think that there have been any other 'Coolcat's on this forum, so why use the numbers?

Maybe the 101 is meant to indicate that he's such a coolcat that he's giving lessons on coolcat-ness to the masses? Maybe he views his posts as those lessons? Or maybe I have it all wrong? Maybe he was a very bad boy and someone locked him up in room 101, where was brutally terorized by cats who thought they were cool? And now he's endlessly haunted by it night and day?....
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Azrael The Cat @ Jun 22 2005, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jun 15 2005, 06:09 PM)

You spray it as it tumbles by, of course! tongue.gif

But then It would only be black in patches, and be called a poser by all of the other goth tumble weed! laugh.gif
acid_rain_child
I haven't been to the forums much lately, and so I haven't been up-to-date with the animations. I thought this one was really funny, and sort of changed my view on LGG. I was always a MSB girl myself, but now I think he can share the spot.

Great job, Mata, I really liked it.

Also, having nothing to do with anything, what on earth is "mickey"? Or should it be "mickey?"? Anyway, what does it mean? I swear I've heard it a thousand times, but I'm a little slow....
CommieBastard
QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Jun 23 2005, 10:53 PM)
Also, having nothing to do with anything, what on earth is "mickey"? Or should it be "mickey?"? Anyway, what does it mean? I swear I've heard it a thousand times, but I'm a little slow....

"Taking the mickey" is a more polite version of "taking the piss", meaning mocking.
acid_rain_child
"Taking the piss"? That means mocking? You silly British tongue.gif "Taking the piss" over here doesn't even make sense.

Sorry to spam, Mata.
Mata
Taking the piss, extracting the urine, taking the Michael, and taking the Micky are all the same thing. I decided to go for the most polite version for my animation. I've no idea of the derivation but I'm sure if you Google for it then it wouldn't be too hard to find.
Or
having a go
taking the mickey
taking the piss
as I saw it they're all around the same ja?
Faerieryn
I love the quote at the end. Very T shirt worthy
Mata
Well, who knows what will turn up in the coming years...
Righteous
Yeah, my little sister liked that quote too. She really, really likes LGG. Go for it, Mata.

I got a bit confused as I've heard people call microphones "Mickies" before. I also call PsychWardMike that for fun. Thanks for the clarification.
Mata
I believe that the written abbreviation is 'mic.' but because here the abbreviation of 'microphone' is a substitute word then the common transcription of the spoken abbreviation was appropriate, ie. 'mike'.
Hobbes
QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 23 2005, 11:52 PM)
Taking the piss, extracting the urine, taking the Michael, and taking the Micky are all the same thing. I've no idea of the derivation but I'm sure if you Google for it then it wouldn't be too hard to find.

From POSH (Port Out Starboard Home)
by Michael Quinion:

(why not buy it from Amazon, using Mata's links below smile.gif)
Take The Mickey
This British slang expression for teasing or ridiculing somebody is sometimes said to derive from micturition, an elevated word for urination, hence a learned variation on take the piss in the same sense.

It's a neat suggestion, the only thing wrong with it being that it's wrong. However, the connection with take the piss is extremely close, since it's from rhyming slang: Mickey Bliss = take the piss. As commonly happens, the first word was used on its own as a further level of obfuscation and was substituted for piss in the older expression. Though the first recorded use is in 1952, it seems from anecdotal evidence to date from the 1930s, roughly the same time that take the piss was invented.
Greeneyes
QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Jun 23 2005, 10:54 PM)
having a go
taking the mickey
taking the piss
as I saw it they're all around the same ja?

Off-topic, but I wouldn't say 'having a go' is the same as the other two. 'Taking the piss' is more like teasing/mocking, whereas 'having a go' is more akin to 'telling off' or shouting at someone.
Ashbless
Isn't having a go very much like getting into someone's face? Probably leading to a punch to the nose?

Anyway I liked the animation. Very glad for Sara that Sea didn't bolt after the death of the cultists. smile.gif Was that Sea laughing?
Radaga
With all the discussion about tumbleweed, you forget to see a much more important issue. Although Sarah is booed, and even kicked out violently (by the way they are landed in the ground, in final scene) she would, in earlier times, burn them all.

But she does not.

more important than that, is the final line "it's in the darkness that we see the stars"

Does that mean her soul is getting lighter, perhaps because of Sea?

this comment was important enought to make me register in order to post it
Astarael
I dunno if she would have burned them earlier or not. She accidentally burned a girl because she was scared of the spiders, she killed the robot because it was invading her world, she poisoned the ice cream with good intentions, and she fried the rabbits because they were trying to confine her. I'm probably missing things, but she tends get violent when she's scared or when something challenges her free will and territory. Only Mata really understands Sarah, but she doesn't seem the type to get violent for getting booted out of a silly club. As for the soul-getting-lighter bit, I've tried to pry that out of Mata with no success. It's an interesting thought, though. smile.gif
Mata
You see, I could tell all, but that would spoil the fun biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.