Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Thoughts
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Quoth(The Raven)
Sometimes I think advertisers are deliberately trying to drive me nuts. These are some of the things that stand out in my mind from commercials:

"The soup that eats like a meal" Neither Soup nor Meals eat; They are eaten.

"It works that good!" Things don't work GOOD, though sometimes they work WELL...

Do you know why sanitary napkins and diapers always use bright blue fluids, on commercials? It's because Blue is one of the few colors that do not occur naturally in the human body, and therefore can't be compared with any embarrassing bodily fluids...

"Results not typical" First they do their best to make their product sound like a miracle cure for what ails you, then, in small print, they tell you that the Gods and Goddesses on the commercial aren't what you'll look like, if you use the product. Can you say: Mixed messages?

Products whose commercials or ads feature lovers, always have the woman look at the camera, rather than the man she's with, in order to involve the viewer. No one seems to think this is odd...
{Gothic Angel}
Chicken soup, although good for the 'flu, is not the best cure for drowning.
Quoth(The Raven)
'Baked' and 'Fried', when applied to mental condition, mean essentially the same thing... but in cooking, where they originated, the terms mean completely different things...

Why, if we're stoned or drunk, are we 'Baked' of 'fried', but never 'par-broiled' or 'broasted'?
little_bear
Why the hell can't I sleep!?

Why am I on here of all places!?
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Jul 31 2005, 09:46 PM)
Why the hell can't I sleep!?

Why am I on here of all places!?

I don't know. Why are any of us here? Fate? Karma? Predestination? ...Oh, you meant, in this thread... Hmmmm. that is a toughy...
voices_in_my_head
Because we have nothing better to do?
Quoth(The Raven)
well, me, I'm hereto kill time, waiting for someone else to contribute to the chaos at the Matabar...
Quoth(The Raven)
In a series of publicity stunts, a number of Models posed nude in cages, in public, painted as animals... they also appeared in various 'sit-ins'... If you look closely, however, it's obvious that many of these 'Naked' women are actually wearing panties, and Pasties. This makes it somehow acceptable to the law enforcement on hand to protect them.

My question?
Why is it considered less nude to only cover a nipple, and leave the rest of the breast hanging out, than to bare the entire breast? Is the nipple somehow more erotic than the breast? If so, why do men routinely go around barebreasted, while it's taboo for women? After all, men have nipples, as well...
voices_in_my_head
Why are they advertising Crazy Frog ring tones on TV and who did they get their information from when they say it's a "Most Loved Hit" in europe?

Why is the serving size for fig newtons 2 cookies?
Mittens322
Why do they call it Chile if it's not chilly? I LOVE EMOTICONS! mellow.gif huh.gif happy.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif sleep.gif dry.gif smile.gif mad.gif sad.gif
ph34r.gif evil.gifclosedeyes.gif innocent.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
there is an underarm deodorent that makes much of the fact that it has a green stripe, supposedly of extra odor fighters, incorporated into the solid deodorent stick. If the bloody stripe is so bloody effective, why isn't the whole bloody stick green?

There is a credit card that promises five percent back on all purchases. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if they give you five percent back, that they have to be charging you at least fifteen percent to start with...

It used to be, that on ads for 3 musketeers bars, they promoted the idea that the whipped center was an advantage, while on Crisco commercials, whipping with air was a disadventage, because it gave you less shortening than crisco brand. while Clorox said that their competors watered down their bleach, giving you less product, at reduced strength. Obviously, someone pointed out the discrepancy in these claims, since none of these products feature these claims, anymore...
Astarael
Why do people actually care about anything that Britney Spears has done or will ever do? Why does anyone care about that evil bimbo? Why????
Why does one drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
Why are dimes smaller than pennies and nickels if they are worth more than either one?
Why did kamikaze fighter pilots wear helmets?
Quoth(The Raven)
Now, I like Mushrooms... Fried, with butter and a bit of Soy sauce... there are few things better. But even I have to wonder, who thought it was a good idea to eat the first one...

Hey, Og! you gonna eat that thing?

I was thinking about it. Why?

Well, Dirk's best friend's uncle's dog ate something that looked like
that, once... and died.

Yeah? well, Jok's mother's best friend snuck one into his Mother in law's stews, and everyone thought it was delicious...

You can't always tell by looking, man...

Then how...

Give one to my dog, Mikey. He'll eat anything... Here, Mikey! Here, Mikey! That's funny... he was here a moment ago...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.