Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Introductions and where to find a guide
Pages: 1, 2
silvermoon
Hi! I was looking around the internet, and stumbled upon this place! I was hooked after watching Mittens. I wish I had a cat like that. I suppose I should say a bit about myself. I'm 16, from the little town of Portage, Indiana. It's right by the tip of Lake Michigan. I really like playing music, especially piano. If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask, I don't bite (much).
tv with legs
hey, whats up, welcome to the forums.
yeah, those animatoins are funny, but i like the llg ones better, anyways, welcome
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Welcome!

*duct tapes slivermoon to the ceiling*

thatnks for coming, now while you're stuck up there, please keep all body parts inside the duct tape (or a straight jacket if you prefer) at all times or the ridde will stop. Pictures will be taken at random moments during the ride. In case of an emergency, you're screwed considering that we can't do anything. Watch out for low flying cats and the occasional low-flying mouse being chased by low-flying cats. Stop by the Matabar at anytime and order a mutagenic drink or two, and enjoy your ride!

Thanks and have a nice day!
PsychWardMike
LGG. It's LGG. Not LLG. That would be silly.

Anyway... hi. I'm Mike the resident something. Make yourself at home and all that jazz.
Quoth(The Raven)
welcome! Visit the Matabar, or Tribe Wyvern, have a cookie, and a mutagenic drink... recomended by nine out of ten flying critters in the Matazone (Who knows what the flying skulls recommend....).
silvermoon
Hi, thanks for the welcome!

*eats cookie*

Say, are those really flying cats or was the cookie a "special" cookie? Either way, it tastes good. Much better than the duct tape, which by the way, feels weird all over my skin. Any way to get out of that? I see more cookies that are calling to me...
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 10 2005, 08:44 PM)
Hi, thanks for the welcome!

*eats cookie*

Say, are those really flying cats or was the cookie a "special" cookie? Either way, it tastes good. Much better than the duct tape, which by the way, feels weird all over my skin. Any way to get out of that? I see more cookies that are calling to me...

Well, the cats are real (As much as anything digital can be real, anyway) as are the mice... the jury's still out on the skulls (Their creator's sanity has been called into question... lovingly, of course. tongue.gif Talk about the pot calling the Kettle black!)...

As for the Duct tape, it usually gives way about the time your Member title switches over to 'member', so you should be good to go...
silvermoon
Where did the cats come from, anyway? I can't say I've seen too many flying cats, unless you count falling ones. (My cat is rather large, but she still tries to jump onto the cabinets. It doesn't work very well.)
Quoth(The Raven)
Well, Gwen was a kitten given to me by a forumite... she was breathed on by Arthur, my Pendragon, who has a number of breath types, including Mutagenic... she developed wings, intelligence, and an attitude. She ran off for a bit, and came back with six flying kittens, who were adopted and named by various forumites. Also, about the time Gwen was mutated, Pascal was also mutated into an intelligent, flying cat, by undisclosed means (Probably by exposure to a mutagenic cocktail...). Gwen still hasn't disclosed who the father of her kits is... considering that she is a product of magic, the possibilities are endless...

Geez. I can't beleive I created these critters long enough ago to have this much of a backstory... By the way, I'm responsible for creating Arthur, and Gwen, and for giving Arthur's son, Tobias, his start (Although Tobias himself is the creation of Ange (Trunksgirl)...). Pascal is wholly PgrmDave's creation. The kittens were my idea, but their names and personalities belong to their various owners/slaves. The flying Mice are mine, as are the flying lizards. The larcenous Hamsters were created by Dancing Hamster Guy, who's currently on forced hiatus. The flying skulls were created by TV with Legs. Somewhere around here is a sparkly rainbow duck named Emma. Emma is a duck of few words, but when she speaks, people listen... she's also the mother of a hybred Duck/Dragon critter, named (By committee) PQM. PQM's father is the aforementioned Tobias the Pendragon. PQM and Emma were created, if I remember correctly, by Voices in my head (Please correct me if I'm wrong, here, people...). The repair elves at the Matabar were my creation. I'm not sure who created Guppy, the Matabar mascot, who is an ordinary Komodo dragon (Who apparently thinks he's a puppy).

Most of us, I think, don't mind other forumites writing about our creatures, so long as you keep 'em in charachter, and consult us before making any major changes...
silvermoon
Wow, that's a pretty detailed history. If I had a small pet, say, a mouse, do you think Arthur would mind breathing on it? I've always wanted something that could fly! I'd promise not to eat it!As long as I don't get hungry...
oscarhilton
Bonjour! and welcome to the forums!

Im Oscar.... nice to meet you.
voices_in_my_head
Lucky for you, SilverMoon, I always give New people kittens!

*hands SilverMoon a kitten*

Once I stop being so Lazy, Emma will come by and visit us agian, I'm sure.

llg

I know that I'm weird, but the only thing I can think of when I see that is "Little Lethargic Girl"
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 11 2005, 01:23 PM)
Wow, that's a pretty detailed history. If I had a small pet, say, a mouse, do you think Arthur would mind breathing on it? I've always wanted something that could fly! I'd promise not to eat it!As long as I don't get hungry...

Well, there were about six flying mice in the forums... although I think they may have multiplied, since then... (A forumite was seen preparing a stack of furry winged bodies for barbequeing... no one got a close enough look to see where the wings were placed... so, either he had a few flying mice, or he's into bat burgers...). Catch one, and name it, and it'll be yours... like most magical critters, they are intelligent, playful, and a bit naive. When last seen, they were playing a game of flying tag with the kittens. At last score, it was: Mice twelve, kittens five.

Oh, and the way to tell a flying mouse from a bat: Flying mice, like flying cats, and lizards, have wings sprouting from their backs. Bats wings are modified forelimbs...
So, a flying critter has six appendages (Including wings), bats have only four...
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Aug 11 2005, 09:22 PM)
Lucky for you, SilverMoon, I always give New people kittens!

*hands SilverMoon a kitten*

llg

I know that I'm weird, but the only thing I can think of when I see that is "Little Lethargic Girl"

Of course, now that you've got a kitten, we can work with that, too... We can mutate it either with Purple stuff (Tribe Wyvern currently has a vat of that brewing... although, they may be a bit gunshy after the mice got into it...), or Arthur can do the honors...
Let us know...
Quoth(The Raven)

Okay, I'll admit it... I was a bit hard on Emma, in the beginning, but she's grown on me, and I miss her... sad.gif
silvermoon
Yay, I always wanted my own kitten! I think I'll call her Tisiphone. Do you think if Arthur breathes on her, she'll be able to breathe fire? Not that there's anything wrong with flying, of course. If I had wings myself, I don't think I'd ever come down. Do cats eat bats too, or just the mice?
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 12 2005, 12:43 AM)
Yay, I always wanted my own kitten! I think I'll call her Tisiphone. Do you think if Arthur breathes on her, she'll be able to breathe fire? Not that there's anything wrong with flying, of course. If I had wings myself, I don't think I'd ever come down. Do cats eat bats too, or just the mice?

Hey, here at RavenŠ Labs, we can do virtually anything! (We're magic, you know!™).

I would suggest we add wings, as well as flame breath... there are so many flying critters about, these days, she'd be at a disadvantage, otherwise. Of course, we've also recently developed our Cheeta transformation package, with super speed thrown in (0 to 60 in six seconds), which is almost as good as wings.

Well, around here, many of the critters have been magically enhanced, including Mice, and been given enhanced intelligence. So far, Bats haven't been affected, but it's only a manner of time, I suppose...

And we frown on anything preying on intelligent critters (Not to mention the fact that magical critters, especially those enhanced by purple stuff, tend to be inedable...).
voices_in_my_head
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 11 2005, 09:52 PM)

Okay, I'll admit it... I was a bit hard on Emma, in the beginning, but she's grown on me, and I miss her... sad.gif

How could you not love a sparkly duck? I mean, let's face it: Everyone loves sparkely things!
Quoth(The Raven)
Just remind me not to make any more duck jokes, in the forum! *Rubs cheek* That Emma has a wing slap that could stop a mack truck! And what a jumpshot! NBA material, at the very least! ow. *Wanders off*
BlueOrange25
Hi there!

Welcome to the forums. I'm kind of new here myself, but it seems like a nice place to post. Hope you have fun, and I look forward to reading your posts.
silvermoon
That Emma sounds really talented for a duck, albeit a magical one. You're right about the wings, we wouldn't want her to be too disadvantaged from the start. Don't worry, I don't think she'll try to eat anything intelligent. Should I bring her by the Raven Labs, or do you make house calls?
JimiJimi
Quoth, I don't believe you wrote so much about all the magical animals in the forums, and didn't even give Colin a mention.

Anyway, welcome to this here forum, silvermoon. I think you'll find it's tremendously yay.
silvermoon
What is this Colin? I saw him mentioned in the Matabar, but I didn't feel like reading all 83 pages to figure him out. And yes, these forums are definately yay! Crazy, yes, but it feels like home.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Home is where i can lock Mata in a closet and get away with it...
JimiJimi
Colin is the bar's cleaning robot. I mainly hang around with him and watch Terminator movies. I was gonna say 'take a look at around about page 70 to see where Colin starts'. I didn't realise that Colin was so old that he came into existence mainly at about page 51...

That's also the page where me, Arachnidoc and an orange glowy bga begin to have some very odd conversations.

Basically, Colin is good at fixing, making things very quickly for free and helping to construct giant walking battle tanks.

Whatever.
silvermoon
Home is where i can lock Mata in a closet and get away with it...

You mean we can't do that here? I'd think he'd like being locked up in a closet. I know I would, at least. Or is that just me?
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Aug 15 2005, 04:46 AM)
Quoth, I don't believe you wrote so much about all the magical animals in the forums, and didn't even give Colin a mention.

OOps. Sorry. But there are so many paranormal (Ultranormal?) critters around, it's hard to keep track of 'em all...

If you'll notice, I have my favorites...

Arthur: smart alecky, a bit of a curmudeon, but mischievious...

Tobias: A lot like his father, Arthur (More than either would care to admit), but definately his own dragon, with his own opinions, and an extra helping of ego...

Maverick: Fearless, reckless, and Hell on wings... with an ego to match...

Emma: A smart, sparkly duck. Friendly, and demure, unless you make Duck jokes... after which she can be physically abusive...

and a few others, including Ashbless's cat... unfortunately, I'm blanking on her name, at the moment... (Forgive me... my memory's a sieve...)

Edit: Oh, yeah, Keegan! Sorry, kitty! Can you forgive me? sad.gif
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 14 2005, 04:40 PM)
That Emma sounds really talented for a duck, albeit a magical one. You're right about the wings, we wouldn't want her to be too disadvantaged from the start. Don't worry, I don't think she'll try to eat anything intelligent. Should I bring her by the Raven Labs, or do you make house calls?

*Hands Silvermoon a bag of Raven™ brand metamorphic Kitten chow... a very small bag...*

Quoth: Here you go, make sure she eats it all...

Silvermoon: Why, will that hurt the transformation?

Quoth: Well, no, but you don't want to be around if Cockroaches or Ants get into this stuff...

Silvermoon: Bad?

Quoth (Shudders): Don't ask...
silvermoon
Would that be where the flying bats, mice, and other flying rodents came from?
Quoth(The Raven)
Well, we haven't had any trouble with bats, yet (That I know of...). Let's see... The flying mice came about when Maverick the flying cat chased a normal mouse into a vat of purple stuff (The signature mutagenic drink of Tribe Wyvern). It grew wings, and multiplied, magically. But the mutation was flawed, and the mice were unstable... Until they got into the cookie reserves at Tribe Wyvern, and gained enough Mass to stabilise themselves... only Six of the original batch survived, but I think they've been multiplying in the old fashioned, non-magical way, by mating with ordinary mice...

As for the kitten chow... it was specially modified to create wings, fire breath, and intelligence... Do you really want to see what it does to ordinary vermin? *Shudder*
silvermoon
Yeah, an intelligent, flying, fire-breathing rat might be rather bad. I'll make sure to keep it safe.

*Feeds Tisiphone kitten chow*

How long does it usually take to have a noticable effect?
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 15 2005, 09:42 PM)
Yeah, an intelligent, flying, fire-breathing rat might be rather bad. I'll make sure to keep it safe

*Feeds Tisiphone kitten chow*

How long does it usually take to have a noticable effect?

That's not to mention the havok fire-breathing Cockroaches could cause... It would give Urban Renewal a whole new meaning...
Quoth(The Raven)
The Chow should take affect once it's digested... say, twenty four hours? If you see her reading the newspaper, you'll know it's taken affect...
silvermoon
I'll make sure to keep an eye on her. Hopefully I'll wake up to an intelligent, winged kitten rather than a bunch of flaming cockroaches. That wouldn't be very good for the house, I assume.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
er.. Maverick apoligizes for the flying mice now...

um... he really didnt mean it...

honestly...

<_<

>_>
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (SPEAKERfortheLOST @ Aug 16 2005, 04:15 PM)
er.. Maverick apoligizes for the flying mice now...

um... he really didnt mean it...

honestly...

dry.gif

>_>

Well, Maverick means well, but he's just a kitten after all, and high spirited... He'll learn (I hope...).
Quoth(The Raven)
Hmmm. I wonder if the flying mice getting into the cookie stores has been why Tribe Wyvern has been so quiet, recently... After all, cookies are the fuel the Tribe runs on... without Cookies, Tribe Wyvern weakens...
SPEAKERfortheLOST
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 16 2005, 06:14 PM)
Hmmm.  I wonder if the flying mice getting into the cookie stores has been why Tribe Wyvern has been so quiet, recently... After all, cookies are the fuel the Tribe runs on... without Cookies, Tribe Wyvern weakens...

that would explain soooooo much!
Quoth(The Raven)
The Flying mice and Flying lizards have been quiet for awhile, as have the Hamsters... I wonder what they're up to...
silvermoon
What if they're plotting to take over something? Or what if they got eaten? I suppose it would be frowned upon to eat them...
Moosh
Hey, you seem to have got into the spirit of things, so all that remains for me to say is Ecce! Fabae suaves!

QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 11 2005, 05:39 AM)
Emma is a duck of few words, but when she speaks, people listen... she's also the mother of a hybred Duck/Dragon critter, named (By committee) PQM.  PQM's father is the aforementioned Tobias the Pendragon. PQM and Emma were created, if I remember correctly, by Voices in my head (Please correct me if I'm wrong, here, people...)

I thought Pretzel Quetzel Moose (to give her full name) was IATB's? And mine obviously since she bears my name and all.
silvermoon
Hey, you seem to have got into the spirit of things, so all that remains for me to say is Ecce! Fabae suaves!

Um... I got "Look! Sweet beans!" from that. Is that anywhere near right?
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Aug 21 2005, 11:00 AM)

QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Aug 11 2005, 05:39 AM)
Emma is a duck of few words, but when she speaks, people listen... she's also the mother of a hybred Duck/Dragon critter, named (By committee) PQM.  PQM's father is the aforementioned Tobias the Pendragon. PQM and Emma were created, if I remember correctly, by Voices in my head (Please correct me if I'm wrong, here, people...)

I thought Pretzel Quetzel Moose (to give her full name) was IATB's? And mine obviously since she bears my name and all.

Okay, so noted... (hey, if we started our own comic book company, we'd have almost enough Charachters to compete with industry giant, Marvel! We'd have to invent a few villains, though... we're a bit light on bad guys...). tongue.gif
silvermoon
For a villian, couldn't you just mutate one of the flying mice and give it extra powers? Um, and evilness too? Yeah... that made a lot more sense when it was still inside my head.
Moosh
QUOTE (silvermoon @ Aug 22 2005, 05:50 AM)

Um... I got "Look! Sweet beans!" from that. Is that anywhere near right?

It was meant to be "Look! Jelly Beans!" but yeah
silvermoon
It was meant to be "Look! Jelly Beans!" but yeah

Yeah, my Latin is quite rusty, but I start the class in a couple days so hopefully that will change soon.
Ashbless
*wanders in a little late*

Erm, hello?

*unknown winged cat flies over*

I'm Tisiphone. Have you seen silvermoon?
I think he's in the Matabar or Tribe HQ. Could you take him these?
*hands over a small bag of jelly beans*
Sure. Nice to meet you. Erm, who are you?
Ashbless. Nice to meet you too.

*Tisiphone flies out. Ashbless looks around empty welcoming space and then also exits.*
silvermoon
No, Tisiphone! Come back! Stay out of the Matabar! Right now it's not a good place for magical creatures... just ask Keegan, if he can talk anymore. What's this? Jelly beans?

Tisiphone: Ashbless stopped by and told me to give them to you. She seems nice.

Yes! I love jelly beans! Tell Ashbless thanks if you see her first. Oh, you want one too?

*feeds Tisiphone a jelly bean*

I sure hope flying kittens can eat those...
Quoth(The Raven)
Yeah, the Matabar is doing strange things to magical critters... If you're wholly magical, like Arthur or Tobias, it rejects you all together... If you have a physical aspect, it splits it off from the magical. The magical stays outside, the physical gets trapped inside... It's a mess!
JimiJimi
Although it's currently The Horse and Groom, not the Matabar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.