Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teapot's List of Things He Hates.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Usurper MrTeapot
Teapot's List of Things He Hates.

1) People with pushchairs on buses.

I tried looking for the picture for this one. Theres a picture next to some fold up chairs on buses that allow for "Wheel Chair users", not Push Chair users. The seats are also at the front and have a picture of an old man next to a woman with a child on her lap, these seats are to be given to the elderly, disabled and people with small children but not for the push chairs.

I can give a bit of leverage for when buses are empty or during the day when the space is otherwise not being used. But people I see on buses think that its their right to shove people off so they can put these behemoths in the space. I paid for the seat, I am sitting here.

Once I saw an elderly gentleman getting on the bus, and I gave him my seat. Well I was till a woman with a push chair decided to sit there instead and block the other seat with the buggy. Then when I suggested that the old man should perhaps sit down she looked around, shrugged and said "theres no space." Oh and when the kid learns how to walk then don't encourage it by letting it push its Barbie doll buggy next to yours which, apart from toys the kid is going to throw at me, is empty.

I was never a child. And if I was I never got a push chair.

2) People who wait at crossings without pressing the button.

I don't like these people as they can catch me out. You see them standing there at the crossing waiting patiently for the light to change and you think "Ah, in this sea of stupid people I see a good citizen". But wrong. You join him and after a while you notice the lights haven't changed, so you go to press the button a few times like everyone does when they're impatient and see that the guy there first didn't press the button and he's been waiting here making you look like a nob too.

He can catch multiple people like that too, so you feel safe as one of those 10+ people must have pressed the button, but nope. All suckers to his evil game.

3) People who talk too loud on busy buses (slash public transport).

The only reason I like the tube is because phones don't get reception on them, which cuts out half the problem. Unfortunatly the seats must be too far away from eachother as they always think they wont be heard and have to talk that little bit louder.

4) Public transport.

If I wanted to travel common I would have been born common.

5) People who buy small items with credit cards.

Ever wanted to quickly grab something munchable and you don't have much time then theres always that one person who is buying chewing gum and a box of matches with their credit card. Or then you've got the people who buy train single tickets using them but only seem to appear infront of you when you're in a rush and the train is coming in a few seconds. I hate them. The whole checking the card, the print out and then the need for a signature to finish off before the tickets are produced.

Oh and bonus "I Hate You" points go to the people who ask for Cash Back, only when refused because they haven't purchased the minimum of 10 of items they say "hold on, let me go grab more stuff." Oh my blood is boiling with these people, theres a special level in Hell just for you.
Hobbes
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Aug 21 2005, 02:05 PM)
Teapot's List of Things He Hates.

Or people that press the button, but then don't cross. Either as a prank, or because they decided they didn't need to cross after all. As a driver, this is particularly annoying.
Usurper MrTeapot
I'm not bothered too much by them but as soon as I start driving then my list is going to increase dramatically.
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Aug 21 2005, 05:34 PM)

Or people that press the button, but then don't cross. Either as a prank, or because they decided they didn't need to cross after all. As a driver, this is particularly annoying.

And people who press the button repetitively. It's not going to work even faster if you carry on pressing it, you know! After all, a watched pot never boils. I also hate it when the 'wait' sign doesn't light up.
artist.unknown
I have a combination hatred: people who wait at crossings, with a stroller (push chair) and to sort of get their nose in the road while they're waiting for the light, they stick the stroller into the street! Like they're trying to steal second base or something! Are those two feet really worth their child's life? I don't understand. Ech.
Hobbes
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Aug 21 2005, 08:34 PM)
And people who press the button repetitively. It's not going to work even faster if you carry on pressing it, you know!

Oh, but it does! Push it! Push it! Push it! If you are insistent, it'll change. Try it... I bet if you keep pushing the button, it'll change...

...eventually.
Usurper MrTeapot
Or you can turn the little knob under the maching, turn that enough and the lights will change. Honest.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Aug 21 2005, 01:05 PM)
5) People who buy small items with credit cards.

Ever wanted to quickly grab something munchable and you don't have much time then theres always that one person who is buying chewing gum and a box of matches with their credit card. Or then you've got the people who buy train single tickets using them but only seem to appear infront of you when you're in a rush and the train is coming in a few seconds. I hate them. The whole checking the card, the print out and then the need for a signature to finish off before the tickets are produced.

Oh and bonus "I Hate You" points go to the people who ask for Cash Back, only when refused because they haven't purchased the minimum of 10 of items they say "hold on, let me go grab more stuff." Oh my blood is boiling with these people, theres a special level in Hell just for you.

Cough sweets cost fifty fricken pence. I'm sure if you wandered around outside for a bit you could find the damn change on the floor! I don't appreciate beaing glared at by other people in the queue cos you idiots can't be bothered to get some money out. I get enough stick as it is, thanks.

And have you ever noticed how people always pay with far more money than is necessary? If it costs 2, they pay 10. If it costs 9, they pay 20. If it costs over 15, I rarely have enough change in my till to cover the amounts the give me tongue.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
You should say "Sorry, we don't accept that."

So they take out another card and you go "No, it is your stupidity that we don't accept."

Oh I'm so good. Lalala.
Greeneyes
I bought like, 12p of matches on my card once smile.gif. Just thought I'd share that with you all tongue.gif.
Usurper MrTeapot
Burn the heretic! evil.gif
{Gothic Angel}
Guy... you're my best friend and all, but sometimes... *shakes head* *thwaps*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Oh and when the kid learns how to walk then don't encourage it by letting it push its Barbie doll buggy next to yours which, apart from toys the kid is going to throw at me, is empty.

I assume this is a free for all and I can expand on this one?

Parents who don't control their kids when they're out and about. They've managed to pop out three or four of the little buggars and they're walking through town without a clue to where their kids are going. These will be the same parents who have not even attempted to instil any manners whatsoever on their kids. *growl*

Now, I have a two year old and I do indeed walk through town with him. However, I have the courtesy to put him on a lead, keep it short and watch where the hell he's going. I even swallow my pride and actually APOLOGISE when he may have accidentally walked into someone or tries to pike something from Woolies.
Usurper MrTeapot
Please do.

Ah the art of child raising is not dead yet, it lives in many still. Just these are swallowed by the greater number of parents whose children I pity.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Aug 22 2005, 10:22 PM)
Please do.

Ah the art of child raising is not dead yet, it lives in many still. Just these are swallowed by the greater number of parents whose children I pity.

Gotta' be done. He's just lucky it's not a choke chain. Damn child welfare... laugh.gif
mooooooooooopo

Oh, there are worse. Leafletters who stand in front of the button at crossings. I've only seen it once but it made me want to scream.

Also leafletters in general, especially ones who start shouting at you as if somehow it's you who are the rude one when you refuse to take a leaflet which you will throw away 10 seconds later (preferably in their field of vision) advertising something you don't need and don't want.

Also the people who are paid to put leaflets through people's letter boxes. I swear they must only take them if they fail the test for everything else. I had several for verandahs and garden furniture while living in a top floor flat. There are no words to the stupidity of some people!
spuglet
(Slightly relevant to hatred number 5.)

I swear to God every time I am working and go out to buy some lunch from Boots there is a five strong queue, a maximum of two tills open and some flinner trying to buy a years' worth of baby food with an invalid voucher.

The people that seem to take longest are fellow staff members who forget about their discount on that 50p can of pop until after it's been run up.

I only get half an hour, and ten minutes on a sunday, people! I buy a sandwich and drink, with cash, within 30 seconds, why can't other people manage it?

Oh, and the pushcair one, I just hate the things in general. Having a pushchair seems to make the person pushing it think that they no longer need to try to avoid other people.
I made the mistake of going to Tesco at lunch time today. I swear every child in my town was there gooing all over the place and getting in my way. I'm all for one-way systems in supermarkets.
Oh and while we're at buses, last time I was on one it was full and I offered some old lady my seat and she just refused to even look at me. Bah.
LoLo
I don't know if you have check cards in England too, but one of my pet peaves is people who don't know how a check card works.

It's a card with a credit card logo, that takes your money directly out of your bank account and can be used either as an ATM car, or as a credit card. There are so many people that don't realize that they can use it as a credit card, but still have the money come directly out of their bank account, or they think if you run it through as a credit card it will be charged to some non-existant credit card account.

I'm with you on all the other annoyances, although I must say I have used my check card for a 2 dollar purchase because I was out of cash and didn't have time to stop by the bank, so I am one of those evil people from time to time. /me awaits her flogging.
I_am_the_best
QUOTE (LoLo @ Aug 23 2005, 02:52 AM)
It's a card with a credit card logo, that takes your money directly out of your bank account and can be used either as an ATM car, or as a credit card.  There are so many people that don't realize that they can use it as a credit card, but still have the money come directly out of their bank account, or they think if you run it through as a credit card it will be charged to some non-existant credit card account.

I think in England it's called a debit card.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 22 2005, 10:16 PM)
Oh and when the kid learns how to walk then don't encourage it by letting it push its Barbie doll buggy next to yours which, apart from toys the kid is going to throw at me, is empty.

Parents who don't control their kids when they're out and about. They've managed to pop out three or four of the little buggars and they're walking through town without a clue to where their kids are going. These will be the same parents who have not even attempted to instil any manners whatsoever on their kids. *growl*

Now, I have a two year old and I do indeed walk through town with him. However, I have the courtesy to put him on a lead, keep it short and watch where the hell he's going. I even swallow my pride and actually APOLOGISE when he may have accidentally walked into someone or tries to pike something from Woolies.

For just saying you use one of those leashes you have my deepest respect! Does no one else know about them these day they were a brilliant idea when I was little and are still a brilliant idea now. Pehaps we should start a company selling branded ones the plebs might see it as a new fashion acessory and think to use them.
Usurper MrTeapot
Burbury leashes!
Cath Sparrow
I know! But think of the pluses rather than the minuses.
kisah
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 22 2005, 09:16 PM)

Parents who don't control their kids when they're out and about.  They've managed to pop out three or four of the little buggars and they're walking through town without a clue to where their kids are going.  These will be the same parents who have not even attempted to instil any manners whatsoever on their kids.  *growl*

AND another thing! Jonman and I went over to the park with a friend of ours to play a game. Just as we begin setting it up a chatty 10 year old plops down and asks what we're playing, proceeds to ask questions and interrupt throughout the explaination to our friend (who hadn't played before), made issue when he didn't understand something, asked what color he got to be, and then ate half our raspberries after asking if he could have ONE.

Now, I would like to be sympathetic to the kid, we certainly weren't mean to him. However, what the snot?? Who does this child belong to and why do they get to have a lovely childless afternoon in the park instead of me?!
Hobbes
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Aug 22 2005, 09:42 PM)
And have you ever noticed how people always pay with far more money than is necessary? If it costs 2, they pay 10. If it costs 9, they pay 20. If it costs over 15, I rarely have enough change in my till to cover the amounts the give me tongue.gif[/color]

I second that.

Also, am I the only one that works in a shop that seems to attract 50 notes. I used to think the 50 note was a myth, until I started getting them every single day.

Funny how the ink comes off on my fingers when I put it into the till...

*shrug*
arachnidoc17
Teapot, you can't hate things! Much less rant about them! You are obviously a Maddox poser, because Maddox invented both hating and ranting.

^extreme sarcasm
Usurper MrTeapot
I can hate who I like and for any damn reason.

*puts arachnidoc17 on his list*
Astarael
One of my pet peeves is something of a combination of 2 and 3. I cannot stand the annoying street corner preachers who scream that the end of the world is coming and all the slutty women (translation: women who don't dress like nuns) are going to hell. One of them called my friend a prostitute when she was walking down the street decently dressed. She told him "Judge not, lest ye shall be judged." Then he started yelling that the homosexuals were going to hell since he couldn't think of a good response for her. Silly git. Honestly, being an arsebucket about other people's habits that you don't like and yelling about it on corners is not the way to change anything.
I have to agree with kisah. Little children are becoming more annoying with each passing day.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (Astarael @ Aug 24 2005, 05:09 PM)
One of my pet peeves is something of a combination of 2 and 3. I cannot stand the annoying street corner preachers who scream that the end of the world is coming and all the slutty women (translation: women who don't dress like nuns) are going to hell. One of them called my friend a prostitute when she was walking down the street decently dressed. She told him "Judge not, lest ye shall be judged." Then he started yelling that the homosexuals were going to hell since he couldn't think of a good response for her. Silly git. Honestly, being an arsebucket about other people's habits that you don't like and yelling about it on corners is not the way to change anything.
I have to agree with kisah. Little children are becoming more annoying with each passing day.

It generally isn't a good idea to argue with the insane... as a sane person, you play by understandable rules... The insane operate by their own rules, that may change from moment to moment... and, they don't care...
Cath Sparrow
Aaaah! That explains alot! tongue.gif
This aimed at myself before anyone makes a big deal out of it.

/sorry spam
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Astarael @ Aug 24 2005, 10:09 PM)

Have you seen Little Nicky?

"Although I cannot see with these blind eyes, I know the good lord loves me! He loves all his children, why he loves you, and you, and you..." *sniffs air in Nicky's direction* "You... make the lord... very nervous... I'm burning now... Hellfire is burning me alive!"

*collapses with laughter*

Heh. Sorry. Spam ends here.
Astarael
Never seen Little Nicky or heard of him (please explain), but children behaving badly really gets on my nerves. I get angry when little children in stores start crying and making a fuss for their parents to buy them candy. It's even more annoying when the parents try to calm their kid down after weakly refusing to buy the stuff the first time. Bratty children and parents who won't discipline them really bother me. Honestly, I know loads of dogs that are better trained than some little children. mad.gif If children were trained roughly the same way dogs are trained, public places would be much more orderly.
"No Timmy, no candy. We're having lunch soon." The kid's face screws up and he starts to cry. "Please stop crying, Timmy." The kid throws himself on the grounds and starts howling. The mom sighs and caves in. "There, there, Timmy, don't cry. Mommy's going to buy you the candy." The kid continues to cry and starts kicking the counter as he thrashes about on the ground like a landed fish. "All right, Timmy, Mommy will buy you THREE pieces of candy. Will you stop crying now?" The kid stops crying, gets up, and just sniffles, hugging Mommy on the way out of the store. "That's Mommy's sweet little angel boy!"
Comfort and hugs, when the kid needs a good spanking for being such a terrible brat. I tried to pull something like that ONCE. Then my mom pulled me aside and told my to stop. I kept crying, so I got a spanking and no candy. I wasn't a perfect kid (I once did a crayon mural on the white living wall), but that was the last time I kicked up an annoying fuss in a store. My sister wasn't spanked so much, unfortunately, and I want to know why, as she behaves worse than I ever did.
Hobbes
I hate parents that come into the shop where I work, and their kids are being unruly. And they say to them, "Don't do that, or the man [i.e. me] will tell you off". My view is: No, don't do that, or your own parent tells you off.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
"No Timmy, no candy. We're having luch soon." The kid's face screws up and he starts to cry. "Please stop crying, Timmy." The kid throws himself on the grounds and starts howling. The mom sighs and caves in. "There, there, Timmy, don't cry. Mommy's going to buy you the candy." The kid continues to cry and starts kicking the counter as he thrashes about on the ground like a landed fish. "All right, Timmy, Mommy will buy you THREE pieces of candy. Will you stop crying now?" The kid stops crying, gets up, and just sniffles, hugging Mommy on the way out of the store. "That's Mommy's sweet little angel boy!"

Agree with your point - on the other hand you have absolutely NO idea the pressure on a parent when a kid goes apeshit in a shop. It annoys you, yes? Embarassed for the parent, yes? Well guess what? The parent is fully aware of this - in most cases whatever the parent is saying is to placate YOU. Not themselves or the kid. Just you. because you're the one tutting behind us. Making us feel bad because our child is still learning and that rolls over to life outside the house.

Oops - I borught my kid out before he got to the age 8 and comprehended what I'm telling him.
Astarael
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 31 2005, 05:52 PM)
Agree with your point - on the other hand you have absolutely NO idea the pressure on a parent when a kid goes apeshit in a shop.  It annoys you, yes?  Embarassed for the parent, yes?  Well guess what?  The parent is fully aware of this  - in most cases whatever the parent is saying is to placate YOU.  Not themselves or the kid.  Just you.  because you're the one tutting behind us.  Making us feel bad because our child is still learning and that rolls over to life outside the house.

Oops - I borught my kid out before he got to the age 8 and comprehended what I'm telling him.

I may have accidentally made my point with the wrong words, and I'm sorry if I offended you. I was trying to make the point that parents who aren't trying to actually discipline their children or even tell their child that they're being rude. Even using tones other that sugar-coated sweet to get their child to calm down would be nice. I know that it's not usually the parent's fault when the kid goes crazy and that the parent is embaressed, but just bribing the kid to be quiet without even an attempt to make them see that they're being bad seems counterproductive. Won't they just pull the same tantrum every time they want something that the parent starts off refusing to buy for them? I know that sometimes parents have to buy something to get the kid to be quiet, but just buying it without even extracting a promise to try to behave better later doesn't seem like the best idea. My sympathies go out to parents who have to calm children down when they blow up in public places. However, there is a *small* group of parents who won't even think of raising their voice or trying to modify their kid's behaviour other than with simple bribery unaccompanied by any attempt at any sort of discipline or lecture.
Again, I'm very sorry if I've accidentally offended you! smile.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Not at all - I like to poke people with sticks often though. smile.gif

It's just that I agree with how you see it - and I would try my upmost as a mum never to do that with my son. Luckily, he's not yet old enough to backchat me yet. He gets Milky Way when we go to the shop because A) He was very good and cool.gif he asked nicely for it.

When he does backchat me - Yea Gods there'll be punichmnet!
Calantyr
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 31 2005, 11:28 PM)
Not at all - I like to poke people with sticks often though.  smile.gif

It's just that I agree with how you see it - and I would try my upmost as a mum never to do that with my son.  Luckily, he's not yet old enough to backchat me yet.  He gets Milky Way when we go to the shop because A) He was very good and cool.gif he asked nicely for it.

When he does backchat me - Yea Gods there'll be punichmnet!

Aha, but is he one of those childs that likes to throw food about like confectionary ninja-stars? I had a belly full of the little... ones... that do. Yes this shirt is clean. No I do not want your bite-sized mars bar smeared all down it.

I have a special hate since a coupla days ago. I got on a train at my local station. A gang of sixteen 6 footers barged on, picked a target at random, and layed into them beating the snot out of them. I didn't see who it was, only that they kept kicking them for a good while while people are either trying to break them up (getting attacked in the process), trying to find an alarm, or backing up.

All dressed up in tracksuits and hoodies, loud-mouthed, tossers. How can anyone be so.. well... evil.

That's right. I hate people wearing tracksuits.
Chronotub
Everyone hates chavs. wink.gif

What I hate is when people on a bus seem to think that their bag should have a seat even though the bus is full and their are several people standing up
Usurper MrTeapot
Oh oh oh!

Possibly number 6.

People who sit in the Eisle seat with an empty seat next to them which no one can reach. Or the people who when you start to get off, sort of swivel so you can squeeze past, yeah f00king right I can squeeze by like this. Ta.
LoLo
QUOTE (Hobbes @ Aug 31 2005, 01:39 PM)
I hate parents that come into the shop where I work, and their kids are being unruly. And they say to them, "Don't do that, or the man [i.e. me] will tell you off". My view is: No, don't do that, or your own parent tells you off.

I'm with you on that. One parent actually came in to where I work and told one of the girls I work with to, "Watch my kids while I shop." I also hate when they let their kids run around and touch things. Where I work we have a lot of breakables, so it's even more important to make our store a, "hands in the pocket" type of store. Lots of people also use our store cat as a baby sitter, which works until she runs and hides in the back, then we have to make sure they don't follow them.
arachnidoc17
Bugs.

I absolutely hate bugs.

I know they're not dangerous, for the most part, I guess you'd call it a phobia. Maybe even a light state of paranoia, to some extent. It's just the fact that they're so fragile and brittle, and the ones with wings have veiny and thin wings, and just the thought you could crush one in your hands and you would have various legs and other appendages all over your palm... Ugh.
Chronotub
I remember some people walked out of the pub I work in after the manager told them to stop their kids running around the restaurant area.
Also people who complain about their meal over things they really should have expected.
"this peppered chicken is very peppery"
"this roast beef has meat in it, I'm a vegetarian" I swear I am not making this one up.
Quoth(The Raven)
QUOTE (arachnidoc17 @ Aug 31 2005, 07:16 PM)
Bugs.

I absolutely hate bugs.

I know they're not dangerous, for the most part, I guess you'd call it a phobia.  Maybe even a light state of paranoia, to some extent.  It's just the fact that they're so fragile and brittle, and the ones with wings have veiny and thin wings, and just the thought you could crush one in your hands and you would have various legs and other appendages all over your palm...  Ugh.

Ever dealt with Fireants? Now, THERE'S a bug to hate... They've been described as the second most war-like creature in the world, just behind humanity... and almost impossible to get rid of, once they've infested an area. Their mounds have been known to wreck tractors, and they will literally attack anything in their path. They've already begun altering the North American Ecosphere, by killing off other species of ants, and attacking the nests of quail and other ground nesting creatures. They've been known to blind and kill newborns of various species, by attacking their Eyes, noses, and anus', in their constant search for moisture. They are pure evil, I tell you! Evil!
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Chronotub @ Sep 1 2005, 01:48 AM)
I remember some people walked out of the pub I work in after the manager told them to stop their kids running around the restaurant area.
Also people who complain about their meal over things they really should have expected.
"this peppered chicken is very peppery"
"this roast beef has meat in it, I'm a vegetarian" I swear I am not making this one up.

"This spit roast chicken has a hole in it."
Hobbes
QUOTE (Chronotub @ Sep 1 2005, 01:48 AM)

Truth is stranger than fiction, is it not?

I hate stupid questions. People say, "The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked." Which is right to an extent. But when someone rings up the pet shop I work at, and the earpiece on their phone fills with the sound of canaries singing and parakeets chirping away, what makes them ask, "Do you sell birds?"

Slightly off-topic... my sister went to the till at a local shop with some bottles of J2O, where the girl behind the counter asked, "Umm... do you have any ID? I have to ask for the drinks I'm afraid."

1:) My sister is - lessee now - 27, and looks about that age, and 2:) J2O doesn't contain alcohol.

"Hmm... can I see some ID for those cigarette-shaped sweets?"
Matthew
I reckon my pet peeves all boil down to the one thing: Inconsideration!

Can't stand it! Only by showing a little thought and compassion for those around us can we hope to get along...

One of my true pet hates is when you quite politely hold a door open for a little old lady,
and the next thing you know you're there for an hour and not one person say's ta!!!

Oh wow.. I could really get caught up in a mad dribbling rampage of Grrrness!

There are no stupid questions... only stupid people.

I work in a record shop, and i've really, honestly, been asked the following...

' Where's your resturant mate? You had one last week. '

' there's this film right, and it's got a man in it... '

' can I pay my gas bill here? '
Moosh
QUOTE (Matthew @ Sep 1 2005, 03:50 PM)

I swear I thought that said "a mad dribbling rampage of Guinness!"

/spam
Matthew
QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Sep 1 2005, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (Matthew @ Sep 1 2005, 03:50 PM)

I swear I thought that said "a mad dribbling rampage of Guinness!"

/spam

Hehe! I think a dribbling rampage of guiness is something we should all share!
elphaba2
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 31 2005, 05:52 PM)
Agree with your point - on the other hand you have absolutely NO idea the pressure on a parent when a kid goes apeshit in a shop.  It annoys you, yes?  Embarassed for the parent, yes?  Well guess what?  The parent is fully aware of this  - in most cases whatever the parent is saying is to placate YOU.  Not themselves or the kid.  Just you.  because you're the one tutting behind us.  Making us feel bad because our child is still learning and that rolls over to life outside the house.

I've seen millions of cases, and often the tutters are pure evil. I saw one elderly man glare a mother and her noisy toddler out of a restaurant, just wouldn't stop giving them nasty looks until they'd left. Yes, the kid was a bit loud, but as bratty kids go he wasn't behaving that terribly.

Also: People who shove at crosswalks. I'm thoroughly sick of almost getting run over because of your oh-so-urgent commitment.
LoLo
I hate bad and impatient drivers.

There seems to be more and more drivers out there who think because they are backing up that I need to stop for them even though I have the right of way and don't want their parking space.

There are also those who think because they are in a big SUV or truck that I have to stop for them because they are a big car. They learn their lesson when I hit the gas and go right for them.

Lately too I've had a lot of people trying to merge on the highway who hit the brakes rather than trying to merge correctly.

As a pedestrian I dislike those drivers who try and make me walk through the crosswalk faster by pulling up to the edge of the crosswalk. I guess they don't realize that I'm not threatened by their car and the closer they get to me the slower I walk.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 6 2005, 12:48 AM)
As a pedestrian I dislike those drivers who try and make me walk through the crosswalk faster by pulling up to the edge of the crosswalk.

Or revving the engine. Grr mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.