Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teapot's List of Things He Hates.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
LoLo
QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Sep 6 2005, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 6 2005, 12:48 AM)
As a pedestrian I dislike those drivers who try and make me walk through the crosswalk faster by pulling up to the edge of the crosswalk.

Or revving the engine. Grr mad.gif

One of my co-workers walked down the street one day to make a coffee run, and when she came back a car not only went to the edge of the crosswalk, but revved it's engine, and then yelled at her when she slowed down. She said she wanted to throw my mocha at him (since I was the only who actually got coffee on this coffee run) and I told her she should have. I wouldn't have minded if I paid 4 bucks for a froofy coffee that I didn't get to drink, if it lost it's life in the spirit of pissed off pedestrians. laugh.gif
kisah
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Aug 31 2005, 09:52 PM)
"No Timmy, no candy. We're having luch soon." The kid's face screws up and he starts to cry. "Please stop crying, Timmy." The kid throws himself on the grounds and starts howling. The mom sighs and caves in. "There, there, Timmy, don't cry. Mommy's going to buy you the candy." The kid continues to cry and starts kicking the counter as he thrashes about on the ground like a landed fish. "All right, Timmy, Mommy will buy you THREE pieces of candy. Will you stop crying now?" The kid stops crying, gets up, and just sniffles, hugging Mommy on the way out of the store. "That's Mommy's sweet little angel boy!"

Agree with your point - on the other hand you have absolutely NO idea the pressure on a parent when a kid goes apeshit in a shop. It annoys you, yes? Embarassed for the parent, yes? Well guess what? The parent is fully aware of this - in most cases whatever the parent is saying is to placate YOU. Not themselves or the kid. Just you. because you're the one tutting behind us. Making us feel bad because our child is still learning and that rolls over to life outside the house.

Oops - I borught my kid out before he got to the age 8 and comprehended what I'm telling him.

Okay, so I see both sides of this, equally. VERY equally... as I have both been the Nanny with the screaming child in the store and also the childless young adult being annoyed by the child screaming in the store.

Yeah, it sucks to be dealing with a massive meltdown in public and yes I realise it's different when you get to go home childless at the end of the day BUT I personally think it has everything to do with the parent's reaction to the situation. My annoyance is usually not due to the child's tantrum but the parent reinforcing it by giving in to the child's demands after awhile. It's like saying 'See that behaviour? I pay him to do that so that you can look forward to it next time too."

Obviously there are exceptions, airplanes springing to mind, where I would much rather a parent do absolutely everything in their power to keep the kid happy because really, how often are they going to be on a plane?

Thought of a totally new hatred, going along with the lack of consideration motif, people who can't control their dog(s) and don't put them on a leash. The amount of ferret scratches I've gotten from trying to protect one or more of them whilst someone's dog thinks I'm playing keep-away with them is very frustrating.

The least they could do is apologise but most of the time they just keep walking wherever they were going and carry on calling the dog the same way that didn't work the first three times and then look at me sheepishly if they have any conscience at all.
Daria
To add a new one... I hate it when someone asks you to do something, then complains about it afterwards. I.E "Hey becky, can you draw me a chair please?"
I draw said chair.
"No, I didn't want it like that, I wanted it like this"
They draw chair.
What the **** was the point in that? I was willing to help out, but if you can do it anyway, and moan about mine not being the specific one you had pictured in your head...
*walks of grumbling*
Matthew
I've just realized that there is a place where we can all experience a little bit of hell to call our own... THE SUPERMARKET!

It's the closest to purgatory my brain can imagine, forget Dante's inferno, the real architect of human misery and suffering and torture for your immortal soul is...
J. Sainsburys!

* For some reason wanders off humming the tune to the Omen *
Usurper MrTeapot
Once you're in Hell, there is no exit. Not unlike Sainsbury's at all.

*grumbles about getting lost between aisles*
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I get trolley rage on a regular basis. I believe you should have a licence before you're allowed to use a trolley and supermarkets should have markings, sign posts and roundabouts.

Mouthy little chavvy woman who huff when someone happens to in her way should NOT be allowed within a mile of any supermarket ever.
Astarael
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Sep 13 2005, 02:24 PM)
I get trolley rage on a regular basis.  I believe you should have a licence before you're allowed to use a trolley and supermarkets should have markings, sign posts and roundabouts.

Mouthy little chavvy woman who huff when someone happens to in her way should NOT be allowed within a mile of any supermarket ever.

I agree with you exactly, but I'll call trolleys carts to avoid confusing myself. I hate it when someone stops right in the middle of the aisle so that no-one can go around. I accept that some people do it by accident, but glaring, sighing and rolling their eyes when someone politely asks them to move is an extremely rude way to handle things. I run into this problem a lot at the grocery store, as I help my mom do the shopping when there's a long list. I can steer better than a lot of the other people in the store, especially some of the adults, but when someone rolls right around a corner too fast without looking and smashes into my cart, (which is out of people's way if they bothered to look at all) it's somehow my fault because I'm younger than they are. I'll usually apologize just to shut them up, but they keep glaring and sniffing as though I'd damaged them for life by being in the wrong place when they were being careless. The odd thing is that people with children are usually nicest about apologizing and not glaring when they have *more* right to be a bit huffy as their child could have been jolted. Most people are fairly courteous, but the small group of snobby shoppers who look at me as though I'm not worthy to exist really get up my nose. Honestly, shop somewhere nicer or send someone to shop for you if you can't steer the carts or be polite to other people. mad.gif
On that note, are chavs well-off people who dress well but act like utter arsebuckets? That's the sense I'm getting from the posts that use that word.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 6 2005, 12:48 AM)
As a pedestrian I dislike those drivers who try and make me walk through the crosswalk faster by pulling up to the edge of the crosswalk.

Ooh, yes indeed. Obscene hand gestures to the lot of them. And the occasional shouted curse.
LoLo
I hate customers who think if they get loud and yell at you because your policy doesn't allow them to do whatever the hell they want to do, that you'll give in and just let them get away with it. Haha yeah right, I'm one of the most stubborn people you'll meet sucker and yelling at me makes me more so! The worst job I had, had a policy of giving in when they would get mad because we didn't want them to leave unhappy. *mutters* The customer is always right, my ass.
kisah
GRRR NTL... and pretty much all phone companies in the UK and America that I have had dealings with. They all blow.
gothictheysay
To add a new one... I hate it when someone asks you to do something, then complains about it afterwards. I.E "Hey becky, can you draw me a chair please?"
I draw said chair.
"No, I didn't want it like that, I wanted it like this"
They draw chair.
What the **** was the point in that? I was willing to help out, but if you can do it anyway, and moan about mine not being the specific one you had pictured in your head...

Or when people ask for your opinion/advice, you give it to them, they tell you why it's stupid, and then present their own opinion/advice...

I hate driving laws here. I can't get my PERMIT until I'm 16, and I can't get a license till 17. sad.gif
Daria
QUOTE (Astarael @ Sep 14 2005, 01:37 AM)
On that note, are chavs well-off people who dress well but act like utter arsebuckets? That's the sense I'm getting from the posts that use that word.

Nope.

Chavs are thugs who wear "labels" and big gold chains, and who hang around and are generaly loutish.
Saying this, there are people who dress like a "chav" but who are actualy very nice biggrin.gif

This is the definition I found-
Origins
The word 'chav' until very recent times was used purely in the London area however with the growing numbers of similar types of youth around the country they soon came to the attention of the London based national media and so chav is widely taken to give a incorrect meaning covering all kinds of low class, uneducated groups of youths such as charvas and neds.

The label implies someone who is uneducated and uncultured. The label is typically, though not exclusively, applied to teenagers and young adults of working class or lower-middle class origin. Response to the term has ranged from acceptance to criticism that the term is a new manifestation of classism.

Chav is used for both sexes; a male chav may sometimes be referred to as a chavster and a female as a chavette. (A more complete list of synonyms can be found in the Derived and Similar Terms section below.) It is similar to the United States terms wigger (although many chavs are part of multi-ethnic inner city communities like London council estates) or trailer trash, or the Australian term bogan. "Chav" is of recent origin, and came into widespread use in 2004.

The term may also be used as an adjective; for instance, a certain car might be refered to as "chav", or a person may be said to dress "chav", if the car or dress match the image of a chav.

The word chav is commonly thought to be from the mid-19th century Romany words chavi, meaning "delinquent youth", "chavo", meaning child and "charver", meaning prostitute. The charver link seems highly likely as chav fashion originated with charvers in the north of England.

Following an article in The Independent it has been suggested that it comes from a nickname used for people from various towns in the UK, including Chatham and Cheltenham in conjunction with the class label Average, but this is almost certainly incorrect.

It is sometimes mockingly redefined as one of several backronyms, including "Council Housed And Violent", "Council Housed And Vile", "Council House Assault & Violence", "Council House Associated Vermin", "Council House Adolescent Violence" and "Council House Adidas Victim" although there is no etymological basis for these terms. (In the large majority of cases, suggested derivations of words from acronyms are erroneous)
trunks_girl26
How about pepole thinking that a grill is like a McDonalds......

"How long will that be?"
"Well, you ordered a fair number of items, so it'll be 5 minutes"
"WHAT?!?!?" *stomps away and comes back 15 minutes later and still angry*

This was the normal type of customer all summer sleep.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
aying this, there are people who dress like a "chav" but who are actualy very nice biggrin.gif

This is very, very true. Some of my very best nights out have been with my Chav mates. It just so happens that the woman in the supermarket who get particularly aggro fall into that category.
artist.unknown

"How long will that be?"

This was the normal type of customer all summer

More irritating still, when people come into the kitchen indignantly demanding something or another (I work in a camp, there is no wait staff), and when you come back from getting it they've disappeared. So your time and any food you got is wasted.

Other contenders on my List are the people in your dorm who want to use the dryer your clothes are in, so they paw them out still partially wet and leave them in a wrinkled heap somewhere on the dirty, linty floor, or on top of another dirty, linty dryer. And your week's laundry ends up getting usurped for a tshirt and a few socks. Grrargh.
trunks_girl26
QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Sep 16 2005, 09:14 PM)

"How long will that be?"

This was the normal type of customer all summer

More irritating still, when people come into the kitchen indignantly demanding something or another (I work in a camp, there is no wait staff), and when you come back from getting it they've disappeared. So your time and any food you got is wasted.

Other contenders on my List are the people in your dorm who want to use the dryer your clothes are in, so they paw them out still partially wet and leave them in a wrinkled heap somewhere on the dirty, linty floor, or on top of another dirty, linty dryer. And your week's laundry ends up getting usurped for a tshirt and a few socks. Grrargh.

See, that happened too......that's when we sell said person's food to other people (untouched, obviously), then mention to said customer that we didn't see them and they'll have to wait for five more minutes XD
Usurper MrTeapot
Then theres the people who get on the bus for only one stop.

People who get on the bus for only one stop.

Recently all under 16's in London can ride the bus for free. And recently I've noticed a lot of people, mostly under 16ish, getting on the bus for one stop. Not a problem, just something which bugs me. People have been encouraged to get off the bus one stop earlier for that extra bit of walking exercise, something I like to do, but this is to me the other direction.

A few days ago, while coming back from college, a load of kids pushed infront of the people on the bus and filled it up causing the driver to stop the rest of the people at the stop from getting on. Some were people taking their kids back to school, a few old people who didn't quite get there in time etc. And then the next stop *ding* and 50 million kids from one stop ago got off.

Brrr.
depressed lonely crazy person
I hate people who allow their kids to go berzerk and look at me like I have a problem because I don't like somones child :Poking me, Looking into the changroom I'm in and leaving the curtain wide open, Grabbing me, Getting food on me, Walking past and hitting me etc. Good grief what Is wring with these people keep your kid from commiting CRIMES or don't let them out of the house Not hard.
A woman I knew used to take signs with her when she went shopping with her 5 year old, they said things like "Tantrum in progress" having told the child what they said as soon as she whacked them out the child would go out of her way to shut up.
I hate people who cut lines.
I hate people that take trollys full of stuff through the 8 items or less isle and when you point it out they just go *...vacant look...oh...sorry* and continue to unpack 80 things fuckheads.
Greeneyes
People who fail to control their dogs when out walking them. Dog comes and sniffs your leg, fine. Dog comes and barks, snaps, and generally harrasses you for a good 5 minutes while 'walker' is out of sight; rather irresponsible if you ask me.
{Gothic Angel}
QUOTE (Greeneyes @ Sep 23 2005, 10:44 PM)
People who fail to control their dogs when out walking them. Dog comes and sniffs your leg, fine. Dog comes and barks, snaps, and generally harrasses you for a good 5 minutes while 'walker' is out of sight, rather irresponsible if you ask me.

Yes. And especially the ones which chase you half the way across the fricken' field. Grrr mad.gif
LoLo
Students who don't think to bring a required scantron and/or a pencil for a test.
mooooooooooopo
QUOTE (depressed lonely crazy person @ Sep 23 2005, 12:00 PM)
I hate people  who allow their kids to go berzerk and look at me like I have a problem because I don't like somones child :Poking me, Looking into the changroom I'm in and leaving the curtain wide open, Grabbing me, Getting food on me, Walking past and hitting me etc.  Good grief what Is wring with these people keep your kid from commiting CRIMES or don't let them out of the house Not hard.
A woman I knew used to take signs with her when she went shopping with her 5 year old, they said things like "Tantrum in progress" having told the child what they said as soon as she whacked them out the child would go out of her way to shut up.

There should be a test for people with kids and their kids to take.

People who's kids fail to prove themselves 'safe' to take out in public should be forced to either keep them on a leash or leave them at home.

The people who go for the leash option would get sick of being so close to the evil buggers that it'd be an incentive to do something about it (or the child would be embarassed by being on a leash and hopefully calm down). Meanwhile the people who leave their kids at home would no longer be an annoyance to the rest of us.

Clearly this is the way forwards. biggrin.gif
Astarael
Yes to the dog thing. It's even more annoying if the dog tries to hump your leg (if it's a small dog) or knocks you to the ground (if it's very big.) I hate these dog walkers with a passion if they won't apologize sincerely. I don't mean grovelling, just a decent apology.
"I'm really sorry my dog knocked you over. I'll try to hold the leash tighter, but he's overexcited today and I lost control. Are you all right?" This is a good apology and I'll have no ill feelings afterward.
"I'm sorry about the dog, but y'know, you need to brace yourself. He just wants to play, and you freaked him out by falling. Don't you know anything about animals?" This drives me insane. There is a special level of hell for these people, I'm convinced.
Honestly, control your dog and take responsibility for it or don't have a dog. It's YOUR fault if the dog escapes when you have the leash, and you should honestly apologize if that causes problems for anyone.
believe
I hate people  who allow their kids to go berzerk and look at me like I have a problem because I don't like somones child :Poking me, Looking into the changroom I'm in and leaving the curtain wide open, Grabbing me, Getting food on me, Walking past and hitting me etc.  Good grief what Is wring with these people keep your kid from commiting CRIMES or don't let them out of the house Not hard.

You need to develop the voice/look of DOOM. It usually takes once to work, at least as far as hitting goes. ph34r.gif

More seriously, I completely agree with you and Moop. The rest of us did not sign up to be abused by someone else's kids, thanks. >_o

Ew to the dog things and I'm adding one to the list (sort of). >_< I hate the people that leave their dogs outside to run into my dogs who are on a leash as required. I have a fairly aggressive dog (rottweiler) and I don't need a dogfight because some idiot was too stupid to not be with their dog.
Matthew
Here's a good un...

(But oh so obvious!)

My manager!
Wow, where to begin... My boss has reduced my co-workers to tears, broken several
employment laws, set a bad example by being horribly rude to customers, has a
wonderful way with double standards, has been caught out in way too many outright
lies,
and is generally possibly the most objectionable human being I have ever met!!

I accept that most people don't like their Boss, it's like a universal rule or something,
but I just can't believe someone that inept can be in charge of thirty or more staff!

Grrrrr!
Sorry to rant, but honestly, some of the things this bufoon gets up to is shocking!

I feel better!
Ashbless
In the hospital:

If the bed rails are up around your bed and you want to get up buzz the little bell. DO NOT CLIMB OUT. There would be these people, wired and tubed to medicines, doing these incredible acrobatics and sometimes injuring themselves because they "didn't want to bother the nurse." The nurse would prefer to be bugged by you than have you damage yourself or equipment.

In a hotel:

When you're checking out. Don't make the bed. The cleaning staff are coming along to change the linen and it's easier by far if you leave it open. Same in spades if you were the one sleeping on a hideabed. Just leave it open so they can change it. Nobody will think you're a slob.
Astarael
Just got reminded of another pet peeve, as a car doing this just drove by my house (it's relatively late at night now, by the way.)
I cannot stand people who drive along with their windows rolled down playing stupid talent-less putrid rap music with the bass turned all the way up. It drives other people insane when these inconsiderate jerks are playing their stupid music loud enough to be heard in Siberia. It's especially annoying when the music is full of obscenities, and truly awful when little children hear the obscenties. A little basic road courtesy would make the world a less stressful place.
Honestly, it's easy to hear music playing in your car. If their "music" (it's not really, since rap is just pathetic thumping and chanting) is overwhelming my music in my car, it's too bloody loud. The bass is nothing but thumping, and I still can't figure out why everyone who plays loud rap music in traffic hasn't become a victim of mass road rage. I don't care how much they like rap, other drivers often don't care for it.
I hope that the people who do this go deaf early, spend all their money on hearing aids, and burn in hell until the end of time.
[/end psychotic rant] I breathed deeply after I typed this and now I feel better. biggrin.gif
Pikasyuu
People who complain about things and *never* do anything to fix them, or attention-mongers who put their friends/family through emotional hell for the sake of catching their eye. it's just not nice! fwargh! ;_;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.